Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,170 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo (1396 Views)

Do Mermaids Exist?? Share Your Encounter / The Efficacy Of Praying in JESUS' Name / Guinean Man Shows Off His Voodoo Shrine That Vomits Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 18, 2021
When Anini was reigning in the 80's people said Anini has very strong juju that he can disappear when in danger. After he was caught it was revealed that he was getting information and protection from top police officers.

But the truth is that evil spirits do exist and only God The Creator can help us to defeat them. These evil spirits are the ones deceiving many to beleive in juju for protection.
Re: Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo by Gaggii: 10:39am On Apr 18, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Same juju that igala used to conquered igbo in 1789 .the same juju that Oyo empire secured and annexed many kingdoms. Juju is real it just that fake one is common these days.

How come oyinbo conquer Oyo empire with all the juju

1 Like

Re: Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo by Gaggii: 10:43am On Apr 18, 2021
ThePlainTruth:
If juju can win fights and offer bullet proof then the europeans would not have conquered africa and africans taken away as slaves.

African was sold by fellow Africa as slaves to oyinbo.

Oyinbo did not make Africa slaves through war. But colonized and control our territory
Re: Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo by FatherOfJesus: 10:48am On Apr 18, 2021
Gaggii:

African was sold by fellow Africa as slaves to oyinbo.

Oyinbo did not make Africa slaves through war. But colonized and control our territory
Thanks for letting us know that the brain works better than Juju.
Re: Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 18, 2021
Gaggii:

So who took them away and used them as slaves?

1 Like

Re: Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo by Gaggii: 11:06am On Apr 18, 2021
ThePlainTruth:

So who took them away and used them as slaves?

Oyinbo, but not through war, as the comment states that black were conquered and taken as slaves.
Re: Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo by Nobody: 11:37am On Apr 18, 2021
Re: Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 18, 2021
Matheusmartin:

Where was all the juju when the white men came to wipe your asses..??

"Iraq never had war weapons".

"Why did you say so?"

"Where were all the weapons when America invaded Iraq and arrested Saddam Hussein?"
Re: Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo by Paradine: 1:54pm On Apr 18, 2021
I'm American and I believe Juju exists, but I also don't believe that it's all powerful. The more the person you use it on exists the more powerful it is, especially if you tell them what you've done to them, I think.

1 Like

Re: Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo by chijokz(m): 4:37pm On Apr 18, 2021
kingxsamz:
Juju can't stop terrorism.
Juju can't cure diseases.
Juju doesn't provide security to the masses at large.
Juju can't build roads.
Juju can't create stable power supply.
Juju can't take you abroad without Visa.
Juju can't remove stup!d politicians from power.
Juju can't put Nigeria on the world map positively.
Juju can't put you on Forbes list.
Juju can't reduce rate of unemployment.
Juju can't provide food out of thin air for the poor.
Juju can't even do better than that smartphone you're holding.
So I want to know, what is the hype about this juju nonsense we Africans believe?
The only time you hear about juju is when someone is 'allegedly made to eat grass', someone 'allegedly' uses it to get his wife stuck during sex with another man and when someone 'allegedly' stops a bullet from hurting him.
With all these said, please tell me why juju shouldn't be regarded as something useless and nonexistent? undecided
Juju my arse.
Exactly my assertions and you hit the nail on the head.
I just laugh at all those who blame everything on village people, juju, witches and wizards, etc.
I asked my friend that if village people have such powers, then they won't be in the village in the 1st place and they would use it to make themselves and their family wealthy.
Why would they waste their precious 'powers' on someone overseas when they can use it to positively change their lives and their family.

2 Likes

Re: Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo by Matheusmartin: 4:43pm On Apr 18, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

"Iraq never had war weapons".

"Why did you say so?"

"Where were all the weapons when America invaded Iraq and arrested Saddam Hussein?"

Juju is yeye.
Thats my point.
Re: Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 18, 2021
chijokz:

Exactly my assertions and you hit the nail on the head.
I just laugh at all those who blame everything on village people, juju, witches and wizards, etc.
I asked my friend that if village people have such powers, then they won't be in the village in the 1st place and they would use it to make themselves and their family wealthy.
Why would they waste their precious 'powers' on someone overseas when they can use it to positively change their lives and their family.

Well said. But there people possessed with evil spirits that can carry out evil and wickeness.
Re: Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo by chijokz(m): 4:51pm On Apr 18, 2021
Paradine:
I'm American and I believe Juju exists, but I also don't believe that it's all powerful. The more the person you use it on exists the more powerful it is, especially if you tell them what you've done to them, I think.
It doesn't exist.
Africans that believe in all kinds of superstitious and diabolical stuffs were still colonized by various colonialists who took advantage of the continent's vast resources while Africans were busy practicing their so called "Juju" and other beliefs.

2 Likes

Re: Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo by zimmaking(m): 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
1Sharon:

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.
This is the Bible quotation I refer people to when people likes to argue.God always create 2 things,Heaven and Earth,Left and Right,Land and Water,Life and Death, Plentiful and Drought,Up and Down,Male and Female, Positive and Negative,Light and Darkness.One thing cannot exists if their is no opposite of it.Yes and No is still part of it.Their can never be Yes without No.He created Good and Evil for us to choose between the two.If he created Good only,we will be like zombie or robot without our mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo by 1Sharon(f): 9:15pm On Apr 18, 2021
zimmaking:
This is the Bible quotation I refer people to when people likes to argue.God always create 2 things,Heaven and Earth,Left and Right,Land and Water,Life and Death, Plentiful and Drought,Up and Down,Male and Female, Positive and Negative,Light and Darkness.One thing cannot exists if their is no opposite of it.Yes and No is still part of it.Their can never be Yes without No.He created Good and Evil for us to choose between the two.If he created Good only,we will be like zombie or robot without our mind.

Nice. I like this post.

What religion are you by the way?
Re: Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo by 1Sharon(f): 9:16pm On Apr 18, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
If Juju works, Africa would have visited the moon. But of course it’s one of these exaggerated stories.

How can you have juju and yet you can’t send rocket to space?

Juju is only used for bad.
Re: Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo by 1Sharon(f): 9:21pm On Apr 18, 2021
ThePlainTruth:
When Anini was reigning in the 80's people said Anini has very strong juju that he can disappear when in danger. After he was caught it was revealed that he was getting information and protection from top police officers.

But the truth is that evil spirits do exist and only God The Creator can help us to defeat them. These evil spirits are the ones deceiving many to beleive in juju for protection.

You create Ur own reality.
Why do atheists never complain about evil spirit possession?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo by zimmaking(m): 9:28pm On Apr 18, 2021
1Sharon:

Nice. I like this post.

What religion are you by the way?
I'm a Christian.I think I love the things of God.

1 Like

Re: Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo by Propheticdavid: 9:52pm On Apr 18, 2021
Juju thread under Christian section.
See how my people dey talk juju with passion.

1 Like

Re: Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 18, 2021
Propheticdavid:
Juju thread under Christian section.
See how my people dey talk juju with passion.

Well spotted. Nairaland does not have a Christian section yet so every religion is put together under this 'Religion' section just like all the different tribes in Nigeria are under one roof called Nigeria.
Re: Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo by Propheticdavid: 10:12pm On Apr 18, 2021
ThePlainTruth:

Well spotted. Nairaland does not have a Christian section yet so every religion is put together under this 'Religion' section just like all the different tribes in Nigeria are under one roof called Nigeria.

Thanks for the correction boss.. You gallant.

1 Like

Re: Does Juju Exist? Share Any Instance Of The Efficacy Of Charms/voodoo by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 19, 2021
Matheusmartin:

Juju is yeye.
Thats my point.

I was not agreeing or disagreeing with your point. It's the logic I was calling out.

(1) (2) (Reply)

... And God Regretted Creating Man. What I Think About This Line Of Expression / Is It Possible For Someone To Believe In God But Not Believe In Religion? / Why Are U Are Christian , Why Christianity ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.