Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,714 members, 7,805,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? (26110 Views)

Nigerian States With Fastest-Rising Food Prices In 2024 (Full List) / What is the true situation of rice in Nigeria? How much does it cost? / Honeywell Spaghetti Releases “Mini” Version As Food Prices Increase (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by harmony75: 2:07pm On Apr 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
If there was no endsar, banditry, bokoharam, ipob and all those inciting violence, there won't have been increase in the price of foodstuffs.

Inflation is around 16% thanks to those "gentle" problems above
your herdsmen you did not mention them anuofia

2 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by MondayOsunbor(m): 2:09pm On Apr 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
If there was no endsar, banditry, bokoharam, ipob and all those inciting violence, there won't have been increase in the price of foodstuffs.

wow i thought it was Jonathan and pdp

may thunder kill all zombie APC ONLINE Idiots

una no go die well

4 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by ZendayaColeman(f): 2:10pm On Apr 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Senseless post of the month.

2 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by Aflix(m): 2:10pm On Apr 16, 2021
Solatium:

Blame the middle Men who bought from the farmers, blame the police who made transporters pay more bribe,blame the greedy transporters who exploiting the situation,Blame the local Agricultural Quarantine post by the highway who make sure the collect their own bribe,blame the greedy trader's who want 1000% profit.

Government has no regulations over food prices,plant the little you can in your garden, even if it's ordinary pepper
Ehn ehn So these groups you mentioned strated collecting bribe under Buhari abi

2 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 2:11pm On Apr 16, 2021
U want to be arrested if u talk

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by Aflix(m): 2:11pm On Apr 16, 2021
MondayOsunbor:

wow i thought it was Jonathan and pdp

may thunder kill all zombie APC ONLINE Idiots
una no go die well
Lol....they are tired of blaming Jonathan

2 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by lifenija: 2:11pm On Apr 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

ur foolishness no get rival i swear u too mumu, fool.

God hate ur type.

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by Mightyhaiz: 2:11pm On Apr 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

And the buck stops on whose table? whose job is it to stop the bandits irritating everybody and bringing out the militancy in them? whose job is it to stop the fulani terrorists decimating the farmer populations?

2 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by ogelekpomgam(m): 2:12pm On Apr 16, 2021
chyzoo4u:
In as much as the economy is bad and the government of the day is not helping matters, I honestly think that food is very cheap in Nigeria. Using South East as example, with #150, I can eat better agbugbu (don't know the English name) and achicha, or beans and plantain, or okpa and mineral.
Oga, your mineral is almost 150 naira.abegii! angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 2:12pm On Apr 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
[s]If there was no endsar, banditry, bokoharam, ipob and all those inciting violence, there won't have been increase in the price of foodstuffs.

Inflation is around 16% thanks to those "gentle" problems above[/s]
very rich coming from a terrorist sympathyser, also very unintelligent cool

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by galaxy2020(m): 2:14pm On Apr 16, 2021
...because we are tired of this black market government.
Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by CodeTemplar: 2:14pm On Apr 16, 2021
Who wants to be on the wrong side of Buhari?
Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by ikorodureporta: 2:15pm On Apr 16, 2021
Na since wey dem strike... The foodstuff union no gree reduce price again...just taking advantage of is
Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by gabicon: 2:15pm On Apr 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I don't think inflation had anything to do with your list. The present inflation occurred as a result of boarder lockdown for a year, the government though that shutting down the boarders will increase local production and reduce costs but on the contrary the we weren't able to produce enough to meet consumption thereby creating scarcity which eventually increased prices. The issue could have been salvaged earlier if only the government opened the boarders but they didn't. Added to that we now had a lockdown as a result of Corona virus, then insecurity in the north limited production of food thereby increasing prices. The crux of the matter is that government didn't handle a bad situation well and the bad situation has become a terrible situation.

4 Likes

Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by CodeTemplar: 2:16pm On Apr 16, 2021
ogelekpomgam:
. Oga, your mineral is almost 150 naira.abegii! angry angry
Yes. N120.

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by Brushstrokes20: 2:16pm On Apr 16, 2021
Anything the redundant coupist touches crumbles !

Dude's all shades of nuisance and fiasco.
Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by kingthreat(m): 2:17pm On Apr 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Governments are elected to create solutions

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by lapazi(m): 2:18pm On Apr 16, 2021
Ammishaddai:
[s][/s] You're just talking trash. The cost of fuel affects the price of the movement of goods and services so who should we blame for the price hike in fuel? Government

The insecurity plauging the nation's farmers has left alot of farmers scared of returning to the farms due to killer herdsmen, so who are we to blame for the insecurity? Government

So stop affiliating yourself with this satanic regime

The fact that you hate the govt doesnt mean you shouldnt call BS when you see one, youve refused to see beyond your nose...

riddle me this.... was there a fuel price increase in the recent weeks that im not aware of?

why the sudden increase in everything?

Go to the market chief, people hoard stuff, oil, beans, yam, everything....why?
Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by sisisioge: 2:18pm On Apr 16, 2021
It is well o....meat, garri, beans, eggs, fruits, groundnut, etc....nothing is spared. To eat anyhow sef now na wahala o.
Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by yazzman(m): 2:20pm On Apr 16, 2021
it wont be a bad idea if we all stand up and protest against food increment because the thing is really affecting me ooo...

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by ggood: 2:24pm On Apr 16, 2021
MrNipplesLover:
I wanted to buy pineapple yesterday, they called a ball of pineapple N800, normal size ooh.

Something wey I used to buy like N300 - N400 before.

I vex comot there.

No be say na the money be the problem, but how did we get here?

Why?

Dead country.
in the North right, pineapple is expensive here in the North compare to South

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by hansomb: 2:24pm On Apr 16, 2021
Yahoo boys caused it and food embargo the North placed on the South.
Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by hansomb: 2:25pm On Apr 16, 2021
Yaahoooo boys caused it and food embargo the North placed on the South.
Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by HalpyBee(f): 2:26pm On Apr 16, 2021
Honestly, it's getting out of hands but we all seem to be comfortable with it.
Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by neyohh: 2:26pm On Apr 16, 2021
Brushstrokes20:
Anything the redundant coupist touches crumbles !

Dude's all shades of nuisance and fiasco.
Was Nigeria ever great.

I don't get all the buhari centered arguments.

The country is rotten because the people are historically rotten and useless.

Case in point, hardly ever see Nigerian's discussing solutions.

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:29pm On Apr 16, 2021
felloow nigerians Go and DO mechanized farminG. FROM LAGOS TO ANAMBRA THERE ARE ARABLE LANDS LYING FALLOW FOR CASH CROPS.
cassava takes 10months to 12months to grow
Maize can take from 60 to 100 days to mature
Groundnut takes 4 to 5 months to mature
Ewa(Beans) takes 50 to 65 days to grow
Pepper varies most mature in 60-150 days
Yam takes to grow 8 months
GO for Farming Practical lessons AND GO FARM OOOO!
START FOOD CHAIN PRESERVATION ! LETS BE CRAETIVE WITH MODERN DAY FARMIN,SEE CHINA,INDIA HAVE MILLIONS OF BACKYARD FARMS AND GARDENS CHINA AND INDIA HAS GREATEST WORLD POPULATION YET THEY DONT ALLOW FOOD IMPORT TO THEIR COUNTRIES.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU NIGERIANS?
STOP COMPLAIING OF HIKE FOOD PRICE.
STOP FORMIN ON WHTSAPP AND FACEBOOK.

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by Tallino25(m): 2:30pm On Apr 16, 2021
I blame this on the seller/traders they are seriously inconsiderate everyone wants to gain more than their profits which frustrates the average Nigerian, currently you can't even buy a soft drink of N100, Nigerian traders sells things as if we Nigerians(consumers) are from another Western country they don't understand that we are in this circumstances together
Even if the government has a share of the blame you can't still dispute the fact that we Nigerians are our problem

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by uuzba(m): 2:34pm On Apr 16, 2021
Tallino25:
I blame this on the seller/traders they are seriously inconsiderate everyone wants to gain more than their profits which frustrates the average Nigerian, currently you can't even buy a soft drink of N100, Nigerian traders sells things as if we Nigerians(consumers) are from another Western country they don't understand that we are in this circumstances together
Even if the government has a share of the blame you can't still dispute the fact that we Nigerians are our problem
Have you tried to sell anything?
Go and do so before you blame them.
They aren't running a charity service.
They must make a profit after all the expenditures have been paid off.
If you still disagree with their service, then just grow/manufacture your own food and leave them alone.
Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by hstar: 2:34pm On Apr 16, 2021
skywalker240:
A
For Apple
Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by chiefdiye(m): 2:36pm On Apr 16, 2021
chyzoo4u:
In as much as the economy is bad and the government of the day is not helping matters, I honestly think that food is very cheap in Nigeria. Using South East as example, with #150, I can eat better agbugbu (don't know the English name) and achicha, or beans and plantain, or okpa and mineral.
BRO na village you reside abi.. which part of SE do you get those things for 150 abi #1500? abeg no lie for here,, even in my village you can't eat with #250 not to talk of #150

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant Food Prices In Nigeria: How Come Nobody Is Talking About This? by chiefdiye(m): 2:40pm On Apr 16, 2021
96ACE:
Whether you talk or you no talk you'll still buy it like that. Who listens to talk in this jungle called Nigeria? Moreover there's to law in place to regulate prices of commodities.
thank you bro me.... I was thinking is it only petrol price that had a body regulating it. why can't our government put an agent in place to be regulating price Of commodity

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Where To Buy Unrefined SHEA-BUTTER In Lagos:08139458588 / How Much Do You Spend On Food Daily / Which Do You Prefer Between Chicken And Turkey?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.