Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,231 members, 7,807,767 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 (10663 Views)

36 States, FCT Recorded N1.93trn IGR In 2022, Lagos Accounted For 34% - NBS / NGF 30-Man Team Visits Lagos To Understudy State’s IGR Template / Nigeria’s Total IGR Drops By 1.93% To ₦1.31trillion In 2020 - NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by flokii: 4:30pm On Apr 16, 2021
Newton85:
Owning 2-by-2 shops is what the buffoon thinks what being "business-minded" is, lol. It's all chest-beating, we know them.

Even history shows Yorubas have been business oriented with Large scale industries generating wealth for Western region and Nigeria while the loudmouths in East had nothing, all they do is petty trading, importing E-wastes and all sorts of junks from China into the Nigerian market.

Left for Yorubas, we'd produce everything we consume and shut all our ports to junks importation by Easterners.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Ayomi90: 4:33pm On Apr 16, 2021
Biafranboys:

This is debatable because the cocoa industry is no longer functioning and the fulanis are destroying farms in the west.
Have u heard of agrovest? Just to give u a tip. Most of fintech ar in SW, agriculture has taken a new dimension in SW with agro tech. Most of the companies ar situated in SW with ppl investing massively on them nd earning ROI. I also invested over 500k on requid.

That aside, many mining activities going on in Yoruba land but no noise abt it.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Delpeiro: 4:33pm On Apr 16, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

It’s hard to marry the poor returns of Abia and Anambra with the high commercial/industrial activities going on in these two states! It’s obvious a lot of stealing and non collection of revenue is going on!
Nothing like non collection of revenue, they are stealing it.
Apart from Benue no other state in the federation collect revenue like Anambra and Abia
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by MrMaestro: 4:35pm On Apr 16, 2021
flokii:
This is an eye opener for Yorubas to wake up.. we run this corruption ridden country and feed the hungry parasites we're surrounded by.

Look at the noisemakers who developed Asia, Amelica, U.K you name it struggling at the bottom of the table, contributing absolutely nothing but crime and criminal attrocities to the economy.
This. It starts with the overly liberal Yorubas among us. We really need to start asserting our dominance over them. They are the ones dragging us back.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Biafranboys: 4:36pm On Apr 16, 2021
MrMaestro:

No one said he was the sole owner, reading is fundamental. I said he RUNS the Private Equity firm. Which is my point. Yorubas are in LEADERSHIP positions in companies and governmental agencies and are successful both in Nigeria and OUTSIDE of Nigeria. That's not by accident. I didn't even mention the Chairman of the African Development Bank, yes, another Yoruba.

And every region has other tribes. But many PREFER the southwest because the leaders of that region have created a more economically viable climate than all other regions combined. That's a fact. If the north or FCT had a better economic region, people would go there instead. But they don't because it can't compare. And before you bring up Lagos, do understand that Ogun is also very high up on that list. Unless you now want to say Ogun is developing because of other tribes? Lol you Igbos just refuse to deal with reality and just love making excuses. At the crux of it, that's the reason the SE is second to last. You would prefer to leech of anothers successful setup than create your own

Do you know the meaning of owning something? It means you own it, if you have share holders you can't make a decision without their say so and infact they can vote you down, do you think the pay stacks guy are the sole owners, there is politics behind everything, remember the gokada guy?

First ogun is developing because of most companies are moving to ogun and ogun have the land and as I said again double taxation even in ogun state if you doubt go to areas that share border with Lagos State

This is what I have been saying the igbos problem is investing in order ares and neglecting their own because of their leaders

People love the west because they are civilized and advanced just like the igbos

The igbos don't drag land with yorubas, but the fulanis do

Have you heard igbos and yorubas fight in lagos or any where, but you see the fulanis fighting the yorubas. Igbos are not your enemy, we just want to invest and live our life and this is why with double taxation we pay and don't talk because if you talk they would threaten genocide, remember oba of lagos

Which economic climate. Lol.. People love the west because it is free of fulani supporter of APC and we think alike

No city can develop alone, even Newyork and Shangai
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by OlawaleBammie: 4:36pm On Apr 16, 2021
Biafranboys:

Yes because if the yorubas say we want a country the fulanis can't fight on 2 fronts and remember lagos airport is the largest in Nigeria forget about Abuja airport and apapa port the largest. All igbos from all Over must land in Abuja or lagos.infact all tribes apart from fulanis I think they have their own functional airport

I support yoruba nation but they must make up their mind and make it happen, do you know why igboho osha is still a free man? The fulanis are scared. Lol

If they touch am, they are finished

Do you know why the fulanis are not killing southerns in retaliation it is because they know Nigeria is already on the verge now, we own them now. If they cough. Nigeria is gone

Middlebelt, Niger delta and igbos and even the binis are ready to support the yorubas, so please let them make up their mind. We have all been scammed for too long
like seriously if its all left to me God knows that the corntree wil be three by now grin grin

I hate nonsense, tho i want it break but i dont want igbos and yoruba break, i just want it like the Sudan.

Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria, that is ok by me.
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Oyinlomobambam(m): 4:37pm On Apr 16, 2021
Lanrelagboi:
The internally generated revenue (IGR) recorded by Lagos state in 2020 is higher than 28 other states combined.

This is despite lockdown measures imposed in the state due to COVID-19.

According to the 2020 IGR report released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) on Friday, Lagos generated a total of N418.98 billion, representing 32.08 percent of N1.3 trillion — total IGR generated by states and the federal capital territory (FCT).

See the peace between Lagos and River's

And I heard said River's and Lagos them be mate..

I no get anything to say sha
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Biafranboys: 4:39pm On Apr 16, 2021
flokii:
This is an eye opener for Yorubas to wake up.. we run this corruption ridden country and feed the hungry parasites we're surrounded by.

Look at the noisemakers who developed Asia, Amelica, U.K you name it struggling at the bottom of the table, contributing absolutely nothing but crime and criminal attrocities to the economy.

Why do you yorubas keep fighting the wrong enemy, igbos are not your enemy. Is it a crime to invest?

You deprive them of sea port and airport and you say they won't cry?

Which criminal atrocities? The Chinese commit more crimes and this is why I have said this dude. Yorubas make up your mind.
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by OlawaleBammie: 4:39pm On Apr 16, 2021
Biafranboys:

This is debatable because the cocoa industry is no longer functioning and the fulanis are destroying farms in the west.
Eehn, make i hear say cocoa industry is not functioning bro grin grin

That is my line of business and i know what is what in cocoa business.

Bro cocoa is a lowkey booming business oo, if u want to invest den holla at me grin grin
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by MrMaestro: 4:39pm On Apr 16, 2021
flokii:

Even history shows Yorubas have been business oriented with Large scale industries generating wealth for Western region and Nigeria while the loudmouths in East had nothing, all they do is petty trading, importing E-wastes and all sorts of junks from China into the Nigerian market.

Left for Yorubas, we'd produce everything we consume and shut all our ports to junks importation by Easterners.
I'm glad you said this. I was watching a video on cocoa production and was shocked. That alone built the Cocoa tower in 1965. Can you imagine? We should have hundreds if not thousands of towers by now. Yorubas don't realize just how far Nigeria has dragged us back. We really should be like all these other developing/developed asian countries. We were on that trajectory before the military destroyed regionalism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yA0HHOI65o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by femicyrus(m): 4:41pm On Apr 16, 2021
Lanrelagboi:
The internally generated revenue (IGR) recorded by Lagos state in 2020 is higher than 28 other states combined.

This is despite lockdown measures imposed in the state due to COVID-19.

According to the 2020 IGR report released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) on Friday, Lagos generated a total of N418.98 billion, representing 32.08 percent of N1.3 trillion — total IGR generated by states and the federal capital territory (FCT).

This should form the basis for presidential elections in Nigeria and not just population that favours only the North.

There should be electoral college points like that of USA where each States should be allocated points with reference to their cumulative IGR in 4 years.

E.g there should be a total of 100 points available while any candidate that wins Lagos should get the 32 points based on IGR while the winner in kano would get 2.4 points.
The first to gather 51 points from the total 100 available points should become the president.
IGR not population should determine who becomes president if we want to progress as a Nation

1 Like

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Moodle: 4:42pm On Apr 16, 2021
MrMaestro:

Yorubas are not business minded, yet three of their states are in the top 6 of highest IGR.

Yorubas are not business minded, yet they have more tech billionaires than all other regions combined. (Flutterwave, Paystack, Calendly, etc.)

Yorubas are not business minded, yet a Yoruba man runs a private equity firm that BOUGHT Gatwick Airport in London

Yorubas are not business minded, yet they have the most economically viable region in the entire country.

Guy, there aren't more Igbos in the southwest than there is in the south east. If igbos were greater business men, the higher concentration of Igbos in the south east should at least make the SE second to the SW in IGR. Instead they're second to last. You all need to face reality. Yorubas are better at business, and creating structure and organization as a group. Igbos are good at being solopreneurs. That doesn't build a business and it certainly doesn't build a nation. You need to understand the difference between the two.

End of discussion

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Biafranboys: 4:43pm On Apr 16, 2021
OlawaleBammie:
like seriously if its all left to me God knows that the corntree wil be three by now grin grin

I hate nonsense, tho i want it break but i dont want igbos and yoruba break, i just want it like the Sudan.

Igbos and yorubas can live together, I am igbo but. Most people think I am yoruba.

For peace yoruba nation is a must and then we can deal with each other with respect

The reason I was worried about supporting biafra it is because don't want it to be like South Sudan, men are hungry for power

Do you know ipob is divided now, I knew it.. The second in command have his own group now called biafran nation and guess the cause of the issues.. Almighty MONEY

Igbos born in yoruba nation are yoruba nation citizens and yorubas born in biafra are biafran citizens
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by humblegbolahan: 4:44pm On Apr 16, 2021
hatakekakashi:

Akwa ibom has better infrastructure than ogun but less igr
Incorrect comment sir,Ogun is industrialized state.Agbara,Ota and the rest are industrialized town but the only things that's affecting Ogun state is bad road except in Abeokuta

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Deadlytruth(m): 4:44pm On Apr 16, 2021
OVB123:
I'm highly disappointed with the performance of Edo state.
Obaseki needs to sit up and provide the dividends of democracy to the people. The 2020 report of igr only shows that Obaseki only achievement is fighting God father's that brought Him to power.
I thought I alone noticed it. It is so embarrassing to see that Edo has been consistently slipping on the IGR table since Obaseki took over. Before he came on board Edo was at position six with figures that were even threatening to displace the states on positions 4 and 5. But today it has fallen so low to position 11 with states like Anambra and Ogun now trumping it comfortably while other states currently below it are warming up to further subdue it to even lower positions in the next IGR rating to come after this. It is very disturbing a trend which makes nonsense of the purported fight against godfathers allegedly asking for state resources to be shared to them.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by flokii: 4:44pm On Apr 16, 2021
MrMaestro:
This. It starts with the overly liberal Yorubas among us. We really need to start asserting our dominance over them. They are the ones dragging us back.

I'm happy majority of Yorubas are now waking up.. liberalism has helped no nation, it'll only impede our progress and greatness as an ethnic group.

The Igbos are my major concern with their fixation on Yorubaland and agitation for Yoruba nation. Do they think they'll be allowed to continue their hate and blackmail on Yoruba sons and daughters should the country split? Definitely not.. everyone to his father's tent.

In 5 years from now, there won't be liberal Yorubas again and most of these outsiders will find their way back to their home regions. It's only a matter of time.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Biafranboys: 4:45pm On Apr 16, 2021
Moodle:

End of discussion

Why are there more Nigerians in South Africa than South Africans in Nigeria.igbos are travelers and there are lots of yorubas in igbo land as well
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by MrMaestro: 4:46pm On Apr 16, 2021
OlawaleBammie:

You must have lost your mind. There is no way on earth a Yoruba nation will join a nation with Igbos/Biafra. It will never happen, so you better come to terms with that now.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by OlawaleBammie: 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2021
MrMaestro:
You must have lost your mind. There is no way on earth a Yoruba nation will join a nation with Igbos/Biafra. It will never happen, so you better come to terms with that now.

Bro calm down na, i offend u before shocked shocked shocked

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Biafranboys: 4:49pm On Apr 16, 2021
flokii:

I'm happy majority of Yorubas are now waking up.. liberalism has helped no nation, it'll only impede our progress and greatness as an ethnic group.

The Igbos are my major concern with their fixation on Yorubaland and agitation for Yoruba nation. Do they think they'll be allowed to continue their hate and blackmail on Yoruba sons and daughters should the country split? Definitely not.. everyone to his father's tent.
In 5 years from now, there won't be liberal Yorubas again and most of these outsiders will find thrir eay back to their home regions. It's only a matter of time.

Is it obvious you are a fulani man and no yoruba son I know would talk like this, like a baby born yesterday, look around you dude the world is changing, igbos won't be blackmailed anymore.

If they can become what they are with 20 pounds do you think your blackmail can stop them.

We support yoruba nation, yes so it is a crime to support yoruba nation?

My moniker says biafran boys and yes I know who I am

I guess you fulani don't know how things work, even with yoruba nation yoruba need investors to stay back

You get money to invest for computer village? All you fulanis do is pepper and cow, common milk una no fit produce
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by MrMaestro: 4:50pm On Apr 16, 2021
OlawaleBammie:

Bro calm down na, i offend u before shocked shocked shocked
oh i'm very calm. Respectfully, i'm just telling you the truth.
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Biafranboys: 4:53pm On Apr 16, 2021
MrMaestro:

Igbos fought and died for what they believed in and we have our own identity, biafra. If you hate igbos so much, please support biafra and get this I did not say support nnamdi Kanu, biafra is bigger than kanu.

Like it or not there would be igbos in yoruba nation, no city can strive without investors, fulani won't invest. Lol
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Obamaofusa: 4:55pm On Apr 16, 2021
Biafranboys:

Igbos are travelers and business minded and they can even invest in Iraq as long as there is money to be made.

For me I believe anywhere u live is your home

But check this out if igbos decide to leave South West trust me una go feel am, who would fill the gap.. Fulanis?? Yorubas are not business minded, yorubas like soup way Don done

Igbos can develop a forest and turn it into a city

Igbos are almost like the Chinese the difference is Chinese always go back home. And build

Igbos do not lay claim to land, if you sell me your land I am the owner and not you, how do you own a land you sold to me?
lol

Yorubas are the most business minded in Nigeria.
Igbos are mainly into petty trading..

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by flokii: 4:56pm On Apr 16, 2021
Biafranboys:

Is it obvious you are a fulani man and no yoruba son I know would talk like this, like a baby born yesterday, look around you dude the world is changing, igbos won't be blackmailed anymore.

If they can become what they are with 20 pounds do you think your blackmail can stop them.

We support yoruba nation, yes so it is a crime to support yoruba nation?

My moniker says biafran boys and yes I know who I am

I guess you fulani don't know how things work, even with yoruba nation yoruba need investors to stay back

You get money to invest for computer village? All you fulanis do is pepper and cow, common milk una no fit produce

Dude fvck off my mentions jor..

You think I would exchange words with someone not proud of his region. That they gave birth to you in Lagos is meaningless incase you don't know.

Same way they gave birth to you in Lagos is the same way they gave birth to Hausas, Fulanis, Ijaws etc. in Lagos and other states in SW but they never lay claim to Lagos or see themselves as Lagosians cos they know their roots and their parents take them home from time to time.

You should be ashamed that the region your parents came from is nothing but an unproductive desert competing with insurgency ravaged North East at the bottom of the table. Yeye!

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by hatakekakashi: 4:57pm On Apr 16, 2021
humblegbolahan:
Incorrect comment sir,Ogun is industrialized state.Agbara,Ota and the rest are industrialized town but the only things that's affecting Ogun state is bad road except in Abeokuta
That's what I'm talking about. With all the IGR and industrialization, ogun does not have good roads
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Minjim: 4:57pm On Apr 16, 2021
MrMaestro:

Are you dumb? Population is a huge burden when placed on a tiny land mass. There's a reason why countries have immigration borders and barriers. Otherwise they would just allow any and everyone to enter to have the biggest population. China has a huge landmass. Lagos does not. This is common sense

Is the govt feeding people in lagos?

A govt that couldn't develop a small areayou're saying a larger area will help it.

Can see how dumb you sound?

Russia and Canaada are the largest countries but they're not the richest.

What do populated cities with smaller landmass do, they build skyscrapers.

And Lagos still has undeveloped lands. It only seem as if Lagos is overpopulated because the govt is not corrupt and lacked creativity.
Take Tinubu, his cohorts and Lagosians to Hong Kong and bring it's leaders and people here. I give you 5 years, our people in Hong Kong will be dying to come back here.
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Biafranboys: 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2021
OlawaleBammie:
Eehn, make i hear say cocoa industry is not functioning bro grin grin

That is my line of business and i know what is what in cocoa business.

Bro cocoa is a lowkey booming business oo, if u want to invest den holla at me grin grin

What I mean is like before when the money was used to build western nigeria
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by MrMaestro: 4:58pm On Apr 16, 2021
Biafranboys:

Igbos fought and died for what they believed in and we have our own identity, biafra. If you hate igbos so much, please support biafra and get this I did not say support nnamdi Kanu, biafra is bigger than kanu.

Like it or not there would be igbos in yoruba nation, no city can strive without investors, fulani won't invest. Lol
I don't hate Igbos at all, I just put you all in reality when you peddle falsehoods. There is no reality in which Igbos as a group have been more economically sound than Yorubas. I'm still trying to figure out the math that says Igbos contribute the most in Lagos, yet millions MORE Igbos cant even take the SE region to second place in IGR, and instead is second to last. It doesn't make sense. Yet Igbos keep peddling this lie to make yourselves feel good

Regardless, I do sincerely wish every region goes there own way. Nigeria has been more a burden on the Yorubas than a blessing.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by OlawaleBammie: 5:00pm On Apr 16, 2021
Biafranboys:

What I mean is like before when the money was used to build western nigeria

Yea reason being that the nation is not taking it as the main source like oil.
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Biafranboys: 5:00pm On Apr 16, 2021
flokii:

Dude fvck off my mentions jor..

You think I would exchange words with someone not proud of his region. That they gave birth to you in Lagos is meaningless incase you don't know.

Same way they gave birth to you in Lagos is the same way they gave birth to Hausa, Fulanis, Ijaws etc. in Lagos and other states in SW but they never lay claim to Lagos or see themselves as Lagosians cos they know their roots and their parents take them home from time to time.

You should be ashamed that the region your parents came from in nothing but an unproductive desert competing with insurgency ravaged North East at the bottom of the table. Yeye!

How do I begin to argue with a urine drinking fulani man. Lol. He is too dull to understand

I guess you have not been to south east

Are you hard of hearing or just plain I don't know. Lol

I guess you are from kwara
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by Biafranboys: 5:02pm On Apr 16, 2021
OlawaleBammie:

Yea reason being that the nation is not taking it as the main source like oil.

Yes exactly people are fixated on oil money, igbos support yoruba nation and with that everyone would be serious no more fulani control
Re: Lagos State IGR Represents 32% Of Total IGR In 2020 by OlawaleBammie: 5:04pm On Apr 16, 2021
Biafranboys:

Yes exactly people are fixated on oil money, igbos support yoruba nation and with that everyone would be serious no more fulani control

See eehn!!

Anything dem wan do make dem do jare, a don taya for Nigeria mata. Make i do wetin a won do make i jakpa like others jare. To hell with dem all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

National Assembly Appoints Abimbola Ayo-Yusuf As Chief Complaints Commissioner / Buhari Returns From UAE Amid Uncertainty Over Amended Electoral Act / Lagos PPRO, Benjamin Hundeyin's Twitter Account Is Back.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.