Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images (36456 Views)

A Visit To An Aquarium In Downtown Toronto / Animals At Kofar Gamji Park, Kaduna: A Visit After Reopening (Photos & Video) / A Visit To Oniru Beach, Victoria Island, Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by COdeGenesis: 2:33pm On Apr 19, 2021
Y cut the guys's head
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by Charlie2020(f): 2:37pm On Apr 19, 2021
So Fulani and their cows don't drink from the well/stream
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by VirginSearcher(m): 2:45pm On Apr 19, 2021
hermesprogidy:

Where is the nyash? undecided
Check well the one she was squatting,, u no see the size and roundness angry
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by Ombudsdabomb: 2:46pm On Apr 19, 2021
Which local government area in abia state??
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by VirginSearcher(m): 2:47pm On Apr 19, 2021
Mekanus:
Where you see the nyansh? Because me no see anything.
Na im be say u no get better eyes if u no see that pics wey she squat with better round yarnsh
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by VirginSearcher(m): 2:50pm On Apr 19, 2021
Ombudsdabomb:
Which local government area in abia state??
Obingwa Local Government Area of Abia State,
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by yungpowers(m): 3:05pm On Apr 19, 2021
chronian:
Hi guys smiley
So, I just decided to drop this.

One of the very few interesting trips I've made.

Nature is one thing I vibe so well with and there's no doubt Nigeria is a land filled with mother nature's gifts.

There are a lot of hidden places we don't actually know about and as we get to live, we get to see more everyday.

No knowledge is a waste and make everyday in this empty life count.

Enjoy a bit of this bizarre adventure smiley

Daa nne, I love this act of tourism, I am requesting that you also tour iyi mgboko Umuanunu/umuebi and iyi Umuokahia 2.
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by imagrg(m): 3:05pm On Apr 19, 2021
A nice piece. But is that lady lying on the sleeping tree the writer?
As cute as her write-up.
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by Mekanus(m): 3:43pm On Apr 19, 2021
VirginSearcher:

Na im be say u no get better eyes if u no see that pics wey she squat with better round yarnsh
So na that dry thing you dey call nyansh, na em be say you never see better nyansh before.
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by VirginSearcher(m): 5:21pm On Apr 19, 2021
chronian:
There was this story I was told of a particular indigene who swore with the stream.

She stole from the market square and was caught. In order not to be termed a thief or labelled guilty, she swore that "the iyi should carry her away if guilty".

This was twenty years ago. Unknown to her, KARMA is indeed real and the gods weren't stupid. Three years after the incident, she went to the stream just to wash her legs. Immediately her legs touched the water, you know the rest like they say, was history.

Spoken words are indeed powerful.

Photo 7::: As I lay me down on one of the sleeping palm trees, my head began to echo just one word.

www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/6509737/visit-iyi-egbu-killer-well?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597">https://https-www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/6509737/visit-iyi-egbu-killer-well?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfoK2O_dBm0jj3CW#100897400

Babe na u get that correct yarnsh? wink
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 19, 2021
chronian:
There was this story I was told of a particular indigene who swore with the stream.

She stole from the market square and was caught. In order not to be termed a thief or labelled guilty, she swore that "the iyi should carry her away if guilty".

This was twenty years ago. Unknown to her, KARMA is indeed real and the gods weren't stupid. Three years after the incident, she went to the stream just to wash her legs. Immediately her legs touched the water, you know the rest like they say, was history.

Spoken words are indeed powerful.

Photo 7::: As I lay me down on one of the sleeping palm trees, my head began to echo just one word.

www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/6509737/visit-iyi-egbu-killer-well?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597">https://https-www-nairaland-com.0.freebasics.com/6509737/visit-iyi-egbu-killer-well?iorg_service_id_internal=1646953538912597%3BAfoK2O_dBm0jj3CW#100897400

cc justwise lalasticlala
Forget story lemme marry you
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by hermesprogidy(m): 7:43pm On Apr 19, 2021
VirginSearcher:

Check well the one she was squatting,, u no see the size and roundness angry
Sorry, I need a microscope cos I still no see the nyash.
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 19, 2021
Abagworo:

Iyi is lake

No
Stream
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by Nobody: 8:21pm On Apr 19, 2021
Sunnycliff:
Nice documentary but there's nothing scary about this iyi

It's quite scary.
Perhaps, I wasn't able to narrate it in a scary manner.
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 19, 2021
potbelly:
I wanted to say something... but... never mind... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

@op, what if a non indigene happened to fall into the stream.. what happens?

also why is it called sleeping palm tree... cos i bet you didn't get any sleep when you laid on it... smiley

you also stated when you laid on it, your head just echoed one word which is? smiley

Number 1 question
The non indigene dies.
Especially when there's no one around.

Number 2 question
The palm tree isn't erect. It's kind of horizontal

Number 3
My head echoed "nature" smiley
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 19, 2021
wizzy199:
Wow. So this place exist in umuobiakwa? I had no idea.
Nice work op.

No man is an island of knowledge.

None can know it all.
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 19, 2021
iamezekwesiri:
I think this Umuobiakwa is in Ukwa East LGA abi Obingwa....
Obingwa LGA
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 19, 2021
mmadu4:
who is your sponsor for this trip ? cos i know you cant afford it .
Lol
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 19, 2021
nrexzy:
First of all we didn't have slaves it was just an ideology planted to us by the westerners....

Amazing things by mother nature....

During the civil war post independence.
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 19, 2021
imagrg:
A nice piece. But is that lady lying on the sleeping tree the writer?
As cute as her write-up.

Flattered.

Thank you for the compliment smiley
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 19, 2021
manunitedbabes:
grin no wonder the village like human meat cos them d chop their iyi too d chop

Hahahaha

I guess human meat consumption is all a myth.
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 19, 2021
LadySarah:
Umuobiakwa is the ancestral home of the governor.
Paid a visit to his private home (banquet hall)

It isn't too far from the stream.
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 19, 2021
Twelfthman:
Probably bullfrog.
Btw
Thanks for sharing.

Never really heard of such though.

You welcome.
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 19, 2021
Laslaslala:
Nice adventure, we need more of this,I can imagine how much nature has happened
An area covered with water 50yrs ago is now totally a dry land

Due to technological advancements, we've ended up destroying a lot of things.

Reasons why we experience certain viruses and diseases, isn't far fetched.
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 19, 2021
iamyemiakins:
Nice adventure and nice body figure OP wink
Thank you.
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 19, 2021
yungpowers:

Daa nne, I love this act of tourism, I am requesting that you also tour iyi mgboko Umuanunu/umuebi and iyi Umuokahia 2.

Seriously??

Wow

I'll surely have those covered.

Might not post here though wink

Thanks for the insight.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 19, 2021
EMMY76:
I won't dispute this stories this world is filled with mysteries I wonder if the dried wells are still swallowing people?

No they don't.

During dry seasons, they close up.

During rainy seasons they tend to be really deep.
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by victorazy(m): 9:01pm On Apr 19, 2021
chronian:
WHO HAS ACCESS TO THE STREAMS??

The main indigenes popularly called the Okiri la Okota's ndi mgboko 1 of umuobiakwa village in Abia state Nigeria.

The stream like they say never swallows the head of it's owner.

When an indigene unknowingly falls into the well, it vomits the person back up.

But, it'll make sure it gives him/her a very rough landing which might break a bone or two.

Photo2:::::: The stream's view from the entrance.

Photo2(i):::::: One of the tall rubber trees in sight.

https://www.nairaland.com/6509737/visit-iyi-egbu-killer-well#100853230

cc justwise lalasticlala

We also have one in my village in same Abia state. Is called "Oroko"
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 19, 2021
victorazy:

We also have one in my village in same Abia state. Is called "Oroko"
Where is it at?
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by victorazy(m): 9:05pm On Apr 19, 2021
chronian:

Where is it at?

Umudiawa in Ohuhu Umuahia north LGA
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 19, 2021
victorazy:

Umudiawa in Ohuhu Umuahia north LGA

Thank you. smiley
Re: A Visit To Iyi Egbu In Abia (The Killer Well) - Images by victorazy(m): 9:10pm On Apr 19, 2021
chronian:

Thank you. smiley

And also "Ugwu-iyi-eke"

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Months And 1 Week Waiting For Uk Settlement Visa - Settlement Visa Posts Only / Best Picture-perfect Places To Visit In Nigeria. / Another Truck Has Rammed Into The Ojuelegba Barrier.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.