Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,899 members, 7,806,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues (9229 Views)

UTME: JAMB Bans ATM Cards, Watches, Erasers, Others At Exam Centres / 2018 UTME: JAMB Bans Wristwatches, Pen, Spy Eyeglasses, USB, CD & More / JAMB Bans Pens, Wrist Watches At UTME; Begins Sale of Forms This Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by Nobody: 9:48pm On Apr 16, 2021
Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has banned parents from the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination centres.

A statement quoted JAMB’s Registrar, Prof. Is’haq Oloyede, as ordering CBT Centres across the country not to allow parents/guardians into the registration hall again.

Oloyede was said to have taken the decision was made after inspecting some of the registration centres in Kwara, which were overcrowded.

”The registrar said it has been discovered that the parents/guardians are always a distraction to both candidates and the centres and at the same time, congesting the halls by not following the COVID – 19 protocols.

“Oloyede also advised parents/guardians to stop pushing the education of their wards faster than necessary.

“For example, a 14 or 15-year-old is not matured enough to undergo the process of registration and university pressure and are vulnerable to exploitation by scammers out there,” it added.

Oloyede also advised states Ministries of Education and relevant stakeholders saddled with the responsibility of enrollment of students into secondary schools to always ascertain the students’ true age before admittance into secondary schools.
https://punchng.com/jamb-bans-parents-from-utme-venues/?amp

Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by Bornsinner7: 11:48am On Apr 17, 2021
Parents follow their kids into the halls??

Remember that year of pencil and paper wey them go send you paper type A like the night before the exam say make you shade am even if your paper type na C for the exam.. lol

5 Likes

Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by CryptoTeacher(m): 11:48am On Apr 17, 2021
What do parents go to the centres for?

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by NwaAmaikpe: 11:48am On Apr 17, 2021
shocked

Nice one.
Parents have no business being there and that is why there are lots of sex-less marriages these days.

Time that couples should use in copulating, they'd use it to go to church, attend village union meetings and worse even, accompany their grown kids to JAMB and WAEC centers.

Tomorrow they'd blame sidechicks and toyboys for replacing them.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by GreaterFuture3: 11:49am On Apr 17, 2021
I can relate, Unnecessary, too much behaviour borne out of an unhealthy Obsession of University/Higher education. Most of these parents/Guardians just don't get it.
Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by FrankAkowe: 11:49am On Apr 17, 2021
Good gesture.

If parents must take their children to the CBT centres, let them stay at the car park or at the reception. Following the students to the exam hall is out of place.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by Queenserah26(f): 11:49am On Apr 17, 2021
Okay, not bad.
Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by unity004(m): 11:49am On Apr 17, 2021
cheesy grin wink They should do that immediately, I remember in 2013 my dad drove me from lafia to abuja to write my jamb. every thing when south for me when I didn't make the minimum point 180 then. I was so ashamed of telling him my jamb point after seeing all the stress he went through that day but thank God today I am now a graduate student

11 Likes

Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by Xandre: 11:50am On Apr 17, 2021
CryptoTeacher:
What do parents go to the centres for?
Most of them go to bribe for their children so that they can jump queues and engage in malpractices
Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by PussyKing(m): 11:50am On Apr 17, 2021
grin
Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by Jessicaos(f): 11:50am On Apr 17, 2021
Sharp guys

1 Like

Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by designgoodze: 11:50am On Apr 17, 2021
cool

Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by samsegs(m): 11:50am On Apr 17, 2021
Nice move,,, but this doesn't change anything...
Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by Itzdannywelbeck(m): 11:51am On Apr 17, 2021
PARENTS AND SENSE NA TWO PARRELE LINE WAY NO FIT MEET
Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by OlujobaSamuel: 11:51am On Apr 17, 2021
Biko, I can leave my child to go to exam hall at unreasonable hour of the day. Why should a sane administrator fix exam for 7am?

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by slawormiir: 11:51am On Apr 17, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr....
Going into the examination hall is not proper

I won't support banning parents and guardians from examination venues

You post small pikin go area that is far away from civilization....how you say make she take locate am without the help of guardians

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by walexzandra02: 11:52am On Apr 17, 2021
Noted
Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by Ipromote: 11:52am On Apr 17, 2021
Inside this insecurity
Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by qanda: 11:52am On Apr 17, 2021
How to Access FREE UTME Past Questions and Answers on Q and A App

1. Install Q and A App from Playstore
2. Visit the O’Level Section of the App
3. Locate and click on the UTME Category
4. Access your choice material

Free Maths UTME Video tutorials are available on the Video section of the App (SS 3 section)

Remember that Prayer, Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Poor Performance

Get Q and A App from Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda

1 Like

Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by ogub(m): 11:53am On Apr 17, 2021
That's a good one
Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by Pastorjohn2: 11:53am On Apr 17, 2021
This is good
Some parents are extremely unGodly and would aid their children in malpractice
Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by foeedaba: 11:53am On Apr 17, 2021
Good, what are they doing there? Trying to negotiate with the supervisors or what.
Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by blinking001(m): 11:53am On Apr 17, 2021
This is good news

Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by CryptoTeacher(m): 11:55am On Apr 17, 2021
Xandre:
Most of them go to bribe for their children so that they can jump queues.

Jump queues? Or to do malpractice?
Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by Tonyspecial(m): 11:55am On Apr 17, 2021
G
Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by obiekunie2: 11:57am On Apr 17, 2021
JAMB SHOULD STOP THIS CBT REGISTRATION NONSENSE!

TECHNOLOGY HAS GONE PAST THAT LEVEL.

Dear JAMB, since you are implementing the use of National ID card in 2021 JAMB registration, i guess that means an end to crowding our children up at CBT centres.

Now all our children need to do is purchase the registration PIN which i believe will be made easily available like the mobile phone recharge card which can be purchased thru banks, jamb portal or designated points like mobile phone card dispensers, etc.

After the purchase of the registration pin, candidates can use their phone to complete their registration by simply keying in the purchased pin to open the registration portal after which they will be prompted to key-in their national ID number which will import their details from the NIN portal - passport photo as it is in their NIN, full names, date of birth, local government and such other personal details as it is on their national ID including their thump print.

All they have to do is input their institutions and courses of choice as well as the subject combinations to be written at the exams and their choice location to write the exams then submit.

IT SHOULD BE AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

Jamb should not take because it wants to protect the investment of its CBT partners and expose our wards to COVID-19 then subsequently expose their parents who are more vulnerable to the virus.

IN FACT, JAMB SHOULD AS A MATTER OF URGENCY EMULATE SOME PRIVATE SCHOOLS IN NIGERIA WHO ARE RUNNING THEIR ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS FOR PRIMARY, SECONDARY AND TERTIARY SUCCESSFULLY ONLINE ON INDIVIDUAL BASIS BY USE OF MOBILE PHONES AND HOME PERSONAL COMPUTERS WITHOUT CROWDING THE CANDIDATES UP IN A HALL.

BEEING THE PIONEER OF ONLINE EXAMINATION IN NIGERIA, JAMB BY NOW, SHOULD HAVE THE PREREQUISITE AND TECHNICAL KNOWHOW AS WELL AS QUALIFIED PROFESSIONALS TO IMPLEMENT SECURED INDIVIDUAL BASED EXAMINATIONS - AND NOT CBT CENTRE BASED EXAMINATIONS.

IN FACT, THIS 2021 JAMB EXAMINATIONS SHOULD BE THE LAST EXAMINATION THAT JAMB WILL BE EXECUTING AT A CBT CCENTRE - UNLESS IT IS MORE INTERESTED IN SECURING THE INTEREST OF ITS CBT CENTRE PARTNERS - THAN THAT OF THEIR CANDIDATES.

Once again, JAMB should please STOP exposing our children and subsequently we their parents to COVID-19.
THE INTEREST OF THEIR CBT PARTNERS SHOULD NOT BE PARAMOUNT TO OUR HEALTH.

2 Likes

Re: JAMB Bans Parents From UTME Venues by Goldenheart(m): 11:58am On Apr 17, 2021
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chevron Nigeria University Scholarships / Laspotech Part Time Form Now On Sale 2018/2019 / Reasons Why Students Fail Waec And Utme/jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.