Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,711 members, 7,805,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? (22943 Views)

Nigerian Man Buys A Horse Because Of Lingering Fuel Scarcity (pics/video) / No Passport Booklet Hold Up From Bayelsa State Immigration Office? / When Will International Passport Booklet Be Available Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by fernandez1(m): 7:07am On Apr 17, 2021
Icumsa45:

It's not possible, use correct plug , na them go dey beg you come collect.

Oya give me the surest plug make I fit collect this thing.... naija don frustrate their papa not me
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Lonelypacifist6: 7:07am On Apr 17, 2021
There's no passport booklet scarcity, you just haven't paid the right person.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by LeeSantos(m): 7:09am On Apr 17, 2021
kokaneprodigy:

Is simple supply chain, u supply more to where there’s high demand. It’s just gross irresponsibility and inefficiency on the part of the government as usual.

People pay for these passports not like it is free. People smoke and drink beer more than they apply for passports, have u ever heard of scarcity of beer or cigarettes?

Your excuses don’t follow please

there are tens of companies producing cigarette and beer. there are over 50 different producers of cigarettes and beer with one producer making more than 10 different brands

so compare that with only one organisation printing the booklet for a population of over 100m..

so what are you saying about scarcity of beer or cigarette?. you no Sabi anything

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Adeolajude(m): 7:10am On Apr 17, 2021
Because you are in a shut hole country...and because the country has both stupid and heartless leaders and followers who are ready to whack ur ass...
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by LockDown69(m): 7:12am On Apr 17, 2021
ruhu:
What's happening with the Nigerian Immigration Service?. I applied since December 2020, up till now in April 2021, they are saying no booklet. What kind of a country is this. I can't afford to lose the opportunity I want to use the passport for. Anyone with the same issue?
they no want anybody to Japa! grin
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Mac2016(m): 7:12am On Apr 17, 2021
Possibly hoarded away
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by PureMe01: 7:12am On Apr 17, 2021
Alexmecury4:
Oga shut up abeg, you did what when.
Where's the proof. Booklet is scarce
noise makers like u deserve Buhari

5 Likes

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by SmartPolician: 7:12am On Apr 17, 2021
Well, I don't know what's causing the so-called scarcity, but I noticed that people are racing to leave the shithole.
I heard that people in the queue for interview in American embassy don reach February, 2022. grin grin
After electing Buahri, all our youths want to leave the country.
SMH
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by watchindelta(m): 7:14am On Apr 17, 2021
Nigeria never a Country so it normal thing.
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by 2shaw: 7:14am On Apr 17, 2021
I paid 32k,got mine within 2weeks. U must know someone thr t least,if u go there randomly,those immigration guys go chop u well.
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:15am On Apr 17, 2021
I think your money entered the wrong hands. Some people if that immigration office will just collect your money and be telling you no passport till you give up. Maybe you should meet another person. Did mind January and got it within 3days.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Lordbinsmar: 7:15am On Apr 17, 2021
This country is just unfortunate. It's almost 6month I applied for my passport at Ibadan passport office. Till date no booklets available.

Any sane Nigerian should know that this country does not deserve to exist.

One Nigeria is useless scam. Something needs to happen as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 17, 2021
ruhu:
What's happening with the Nigerian Immigration Service?. I applied since December 2020, up till now in April 2021, they are saying no booklet. What kind of a country is this. I can't afford to lose the opportunity I want to use the passport for. Anyone with the same issue?
I have encouraged and assisted some of friends born abroad who had not visited Nigeria until then. They all got passport the same day (except the issue of NIN). If NiN is sorted, its same day. They all booked 2 weeks to 1 months stay in Naija and everything done in just a week. I know that the hardest now is NIN which may take even more than 2 weeks now. The following they got:
1. NIN
2. Passport
3. Bank accounts (Naira and dollars accounts)

Additional stuff
4. One even registered a company (charity)
5. One opened a garden

Those are what you need to be genuinely called a Nigerian. If these can be gotten in 1 week, why should you wait for many months to get just your passport?

Goodluck bro!
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Nobody: 7:16am On Apr 17, 2021
Go to the embassy in Cotonou or Togo. They would have booklets becos the demand is pretty low over there

Its the Nigerian Immigration's way of making money. If its scarce everyone would rush their new invention, the emergency passport and pay higher to get one. The wickedness is appalling
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by chachanga: 7:16am On Apr 17, 2021
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

Ask Malaysians

[img]https://media1./images/b95b25987eece8a034df46782da07c2f/tenor.gif[/img]

Have you been paying fam? tongue

Best you ask top Govt and immigrations CG what's causing the delay.

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 17, 2021
LeeSantos:

there are tens of companies producing cigarette and beer. there are over 50 different producers of cigarettes and beer with one producer making more than 10 different brands
How many people apply for passports daily? This is something you do every 5 years on average and not everyone even renew theirs that often. How many people smoke a day how many people drink beer daily divide that by the producers we have.

We have just one major producer of cigarette in Nigeria operating a single factory that supplies not just Nigerians but other west African countries as well, yet you don’t hear of scarcity of cigarettes.

Keep basking in mediocrity.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:17am On Apr 17, 2021
I applied in October 2020. They just called me and my wife last week that the passport is ready. Took then 7 months to get 2 booklets for us! Werey people

The traveling opportunity we had at the time is gone already so they should hold on to it for now. We will go and collect it whenever we are both not busy. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by zero824(m): 7:18am On Apr 17, 2021
ruhu:

Visit zamfara zone next time it's wait and get there
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by charlesucheh(m): 7:18am On Apr 17, 2021
PureMe01:
keep lamenting....if you u don't pay for express,u will keep wailing.
When did you arrive Nigeria?
You should be condemning the system and Not pouring out the stoopid reality to their faces. is there supposed to be anything like EXPRESS, when due process should be observed in these paramilitary organizations??

Ahbi E no dey Vex you too.

bia Nwokem! Make ya head dey ya Neck o!

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by charlesucheh(m): 7:19am On Apr 17, 2021
PureMe01:
You should be condemning the system and Not pouring out the stoopid reality to their faces. is there supposed to be anything like EXPRESS, when due process should be observed in these paramilitary organizations??

Bia Nwokem! Make ya head dey ya Neck o!

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 17, 2021
LeeSantos:

so compare that with only one organisation printing the booklet for a population of over 100m..

so what are you saying about scarcity of beer or cigarette?. you no Sabi anything
What percentage of Nigerians travel, or apply for passport that you are quoting population of 100million.
Even people in remote areas drink and smoke.

The US with a higher population and greater percentage of travelers suffers passport scarcity too?

You really know a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by PureMe01: 7:21am On Apr 17, 2021
charlesucheh:

Via Nwokem! Make ya head dey ya Neck o!
u wish the system is not messed up in the scam,#oneNigeria with aboki Fulani incharge grin grin
If u like,don't wake up to reality.
Keep deceiving yourselves
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by PAWG(m): 7:27am On Apr 17, 2021
ruhu:

It takes 30 minutes in Canada. Yes, Nigerian passport

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by emperordelis(m): 7:29am On Apr 17, 2021
Try port Harcourt,I got mine last week..I know someone that started the process last week too and by Friday,he had gotten his passport..

1 Like

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by CSTRR: 7:29am On Apr 17, 2021
These people are seriously affecting my japa plans.

I applied since January, up till now I have not gotten.

Preparations that I should have done has not been done because of no passport yet.
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Arizona5(m): 7:31am On Apr 17, 2021
If you can risk it travel to any northern state you will receive it that same day for around 25k. At most the follow day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by Carlyscales: 7:32am On Apr 17, 2021
PureMe01:
What's happening right now is way beyond paying for express or not.

There's just no passport booklets in most immigration offices nation wide right now.
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by INCREDIBLE007(m): 7:34am On Apr 17, 2021
PureMe01:
I did mine same time and I got it within 4 days...na express do am

bros which one is express again

is it a black market
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by ernie1234(m): 7:35am On Apr 17, 2021
wd2454418:
If you want your passport today, I will link you up, it won't take more than 5hours u will get your passport. But you will need to travel to one of the remote state in south West. If ready dm me

Please arrange it for me
Re: Why Is There A Passport Booklet Scarcity? by BAZ001: 7:36am On Apr 17, 2021
Carlyscales:

What's happening right now is way beyond paying for express or not.

There's just no passport booklets in most immigration offices nation wide right now.

But I know someone dt captured in ikoyi 2weeks ago and got it last week.
The whole thing come tire person
I believe leg pass leg for this express thing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

4 Dead As Hilux Van Crashes With Motorcycle In Kogi State. Graphic Photos / Update On Yaba-Oyingbo And Ebutte Metta Flyovers For Lagos Rail Line (video) / Ibibio Museum And State Park A Nigerian Contemporary Museum (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.