Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,363 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere - Culture (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere (62226 Views)

Emami Presents Fake Ologbotsere Insignias To Olu Of Warri / Olu Of Warri Installs Chief Oma Eyewuoma As New Ologbotsere In Warri Kingdom / Nobody Can Remove Ayiri Emami, Ologbotsere Is A Lifetime Title – Eyengho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 3:45pm On Apr 18, 2021
KingOKON:
Disclaim the Erelu and the Palace
They can’t be ‘disclaimed’ over statements they never made.

You have to prove that they made any such statements.

Bring me the video(s), not a columnist’s concoction. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by zeusdgrt(m): 3:45pm On Apr 18, 2021
babaolofin:

Bini youths are known for truancy and 419. So, the Bini 21st century history now has an addition that a successor to the Ooni throne must marry an Edo woman. This history will never be completed.

The plight of people trying to rewrite the history of their ancestors.
Like I said ask ur elders and stop disgracing ur tradition
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 3:54pm On Apr 18, 2021
zeusdgrt:

[s]Like I said ask ur elders and stop disgracing ur tradition[/s]
Oba Adeyeye was already Ooni (in 2015) before he chose to marry your sister (in 2016).

This already debunks your hallucination that he must marry your sister before he can be made Ooni.

More-so, his predecessors had nothing to do with Edo wives.

Wake up and live in the real world.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by gregyboy(m): 3:58pm On Apr 18, 2021
nisai:
grin grin grin Tao11, your customer don come oooo grin Weytin we dey learn today? We don learn how Oranmiyan go colonise them for Bini. grin

Talk is cheap prove it......... Prove it oromiyan who never existed you think we deal with fairytale stories as history

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 4:01pm On Apr 18, 2021
zeusdgrt:
[s]Foolishness is an office, being stupid is an office and I can see u are doing a good job occupying it very well.Congrats grin[/s]
I wish I didn’t hurt your feelings. grin

You certainly have a hard time coming face to face with facts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by gregyboy(m): 4:03pm On Apr 18, 2021
zeusdgrt:

Mumu so what connects yoruba to this movement from the north?when u are a product of marijuana sperm u are expected to talk and insult people,guy nor try am with me.U dey learn eediot!

Go sit down one side..... Bloody Yoruba eating amala bigot
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by KingOKON: 4:04pm On Apr 18, 2021
TAO11:
They can’t be ‘disclaimed’ over statements they never made.

You have to prove that they made any such statements.

Bring me the video(s), not a columnist’s concoction. cheesy

So you are the Bob Risky of nairaland, comprehension go hard whalai
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by KingOKON: 4:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
gregyboy:

Talk is cheap prove it......... Prove it oromiyan who never existed you think we deal with fairytale stories as history

Oromiyan is from ondo while Sango is from Ogun....wetin seun no go read for NAIRALAND
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by gregyboy(m): 4:15pm On Apr 18, 2021
KingOKON:

Oromiyan is from ondo while Sango is from Ogun....wetin seun no go read for NAIRALAND

There is no history of yoruba people before tge arrival of the British

OYo empire was even a lie, despite Europeans were in west Africa when oyo empire rose, they didnt notice its presence

Making me believe awolowo and Co formed oyo kingdom using Paper and pencil

1 Like

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by KingOKON: 4:23pm On Apr 18, 2021
nisai:
grin grin grin Tao11, your customer don come oooo grin Weytin we dey learn today? We don learn how Oranmiyan go colonise them for Bini. grin

Ye, ye mo gbe TAO12 which Oranmiyan be that?
The one for spirit abi real human being
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 4:30pm On Apr 18, 2021
gregyboy:
The use of oba instead of ooni or sir allocated by the British makes me know that yorubas borrowed the title oba from benins
Wonderful! Wait a second!

Does your 1938 document also prove that your king did not have the title “Omonoba” until perhaps 1939?

Dumb and reta.rded Benin reasoning everywhere? cheesy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13412695_img20210418135539_jpegfb9c63ed23cae5ccd155b54bc21bb508

Yoeubas borrowed the word oba from binis

Interesting conclusion!

Following your dumb logic we must also conclude that Binis borrowed “oba” from Yoruba because of my 1937 attachment below, right ??

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13413322_5aa76888f6034d1abb5df6fb2aa10fe5_jpeg_jpegee89809cd88815ff6b0f18e327840f80

Well, the Binis got the word “oba” from the Yorubas — NOT because of my 1937 attachment here, but because of an actually (more) valid reason.

See link below for a devastating exposition on this:
https://www.nairaland.com/6234931/why-ikwerres-not-igbo-logic/15#96513655

Oh! I should also add that the British colonialists didn’t come from Britain with a ship full of pound sterlings to distribute as salaries to indigenous monarchs.

The salaries paid to each of them were proportional to the size of the revenue generated from their respective regions.

This has to be clarified before Binis run along with another fresh load of hallucinations.

Cheers!

Cc: soonest

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 18, 2021
zeusdgrt:

Like I said ask ur elders and stop disgracing ur tradition

You are a fool. I am presently in Bini. The major character of the youths is to make empty noise, very lousy, nearly 80% of the youths both male and female are into 419. The babes wether single or married are hustlers.

The 21st century history written by your Oba and later addition by your brothers should have an appendix where it is recorded that prospective Ooni must marry Bini woman.

The lady Ooni Ogunwusi married after he became Ooni - Wuraola Otiti Obanor left a year later is the perfect example of Edo woman. They are many in Italy.

6 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 4:51pm On Apr 18, 2021
Why are you forcing @nisai to agree that your present Benin king has mental illness?

Your king repeatedly stated during his coronation (and elsewhere) that Oranmiyan is his fore-father.

Why do you strongly believe that your king is a lunatic?

Wait! Is Eweka 1 (or Ewuare tHe gReAt) a real human or a fairway tale? Lol.

gregyboy:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13413137_beninife_jpeg6a7a60b85f1e96049f54408a72807f5b

TAO11:
How many times must your A.F.C. Ryder screenshot be debunked before you feel ashamed of yourself ?? cheesy

Please point out one statement of fact/certainty from your A.F.C. Ryder 1965 screenshot. I would wait. smiley

While I’m waiting, refer carefully to the page below for a citation of A.F.C. Ryder 1969, p.31. — 4 years later. grin

Cheers!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13410825_d068e656589b4bbbb298a34dd1d5cdcc_jpeg_jpeg60c0b8c88f425856c2f91ce1774288a0

I am still waiting on you to address my request to you as highlighted in blue font.

Cheers!

Cc: KingOKON

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by macof(m): 4:54pm On Apr 18, 2021
ogbonti:
Captain Hosa Okunbor is the father of Prince Tsola's wife. That same greedy Captain Hosa who was so divisive in the last Gubernatorial election in Edo State, sending paid thugs to attack the convoy of Governor Obaseki and Wike and others on their way to the palace. I do not expect the Oba of Benin to tell Ayiri to do what is right. The Oba is a good friend of Captain Hosa and he will want the son -in-law of his close friend and confidante to become King in Warri as this current Oba was the Royal Father of the day when Prince Tsola Emiko Married Ivie Okunbor in 2014

Chief Ayiri should understand that The Oba of Benin can not impose anything on him because tradition is tradition. Laws have outlasted Obas in Benin and just like no other prince but the first son of a departed Oba of Benin can become King in Benin, likewise no son of an Olu whose mother is not an Itsekiri or a Bini woman can reign as King in Warri.

Chief Ayiri should never allow anyone to blackmail or force him to surrender the customs of the Itsekiri people as very powerful interest groups outside the Iwere Kingdom are doing everything possible to water down the selection process . For once, I am supporting Ayiri in this matter - ATABRATA, DO THE RIGHT THING and do not allow anyone to confuse or control you, whether Oba or no Oba - Ooni or Alaafin, just do the right thing!!!!

AYIRI should follow what Obaseki did in the last election in Edo State. When the Oba of Benin invited Obaseki and Ize-Iyamu to his palace, the Oba was almost telling Obaseki to chill and allow Ize-Iyamu become Governor and he took swipe at the Deputy Governor Phillip Shaibu, trying to intimidate him. - Obaseki stood his ground and told the Oba, "I swore an oath to protect the people of Edo State and that is what I will do"

The Oba's body language was tilted in support of Ize-Iyamu and we all saw it but today Obaseki prevailed and the Oba has no choice but become friends with Obaseki again - So Ayiri, as long as you are doing the right thing, learn from Obaseki, never back down!!!!!

You seem very ignorant. I have a problem with people who claim something that has no basis in Pre-colonial history is part of culture or customs
An edict made in 1979 determines customs of a kingdom founded in 1480?? How?

Did you think at all before you posted this?

There has never been any such custom in Warri kingdom
And all of you will only end up throwing yourselves in the ocean if you don't allow peace to reign because you can't stop the Olu-designate

5 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 4:59pm On Apr 18, 2021
KingOKON:
[s]So you are the Bob Risky of nairaland, comprehension go hard whalai[/s]
This is NOT the video you claimed to have.

Neither is this the video I asked for.

Save Benin kingdom now! cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 5:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
KingOKON:
[s]Ye, ye mo gbe TAO12 which Oranmiyan be that?
The one for spirit abi real human being[/s]
Someone said Eweka 1 and Ewuare tHe gReAt are both fairytales.

Can you confirm or refute this with some eViDeNcE please?

Tainkiu! smiley

Cc: nisai

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by macof(m): 5:28pm On Apr 18, 2021
BluDesk:

Thank you

Now I'm hearing facts from a person that has superior knowledge that I can humbly take away lots of quality information from. Not all these paid thugs up and down.

The law is the law of any land. I'm not an Itshekiri and I shy away from being involved in tribal matters that I don't belong to. Even the tribe I belong to, I try as much to not discuss issues. But this one seems to be causing so much ruckus.

People don't seem to understand the stance Ayiri is maintaining. I've never agreed with Ayiri on anything in life but I think I see his point of view and understand his position clearly after hearing from him.

I believe the morale of the story is simple. If foreign elements take ownership of the throne, most decisions will have " foreign " interests at heart or mixed interests which will not ultimately be the best interest of the tribe at heart. In such cases every community must protects it's best interests by placing it in the hands of people who can manage its best interest, hence the choice of Benin or Itshekiri mother. I believe Ayiri has a legitimate case.
it is only non-itsekiri who support this trouble. Why?

Even someone who claims to not like to engage in ethnic issues of this kind will break his own principle just to support this case of disqualifying an itsekiri Prince with yoruba mother

You people just want to distabilise itsekiri.

One lesson itsekiri can learn from this is to not give into those who have tried to play them into positions of disadvantage

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by KingOKON: 5:32pm On Apr 18, 2021
TAO11:
Someone said Ewuare tHe gReAt is a fairytale.

Can you confirm or refute this with some eViDeNcE please?

Tainkiu! smiley

Cc: nisai

Bob Risky there is a more important issue at hand, I learnt you have been schooling some Olodos that Oranmiyan was the first Oba
Abeg its been long Mama Shakiru told me Sango and his wives tales, plz where can I find all these your sacrilegious fables just direct me to the thread
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by soonest(f): 5:36pm On Apr 18, 2021
gregyboy:

The use of oba instead of ooni or sir allocated by the British makes me know that yorubas borrowed the title oba from benins

Yoeubas borrowed the word oba from binis

What does the word oba mean in bini language. King i know is Ogie.
Why is the Oba refered to omon'oba

6 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 5:37pm On Apr 18, 2021
KingOKON:
[s]Bob Risky there is a more important issue at hand, I learnt you have been schooling some Olodos that Oranmiyan was the first Oba
Abeg its been long Mama Shakiru told me Sango and his wives tales, plz where can I find all these your sacrilegious fables just direct me to the thread[/s]
People of Nairaland, please let’s laugh because he intends this to be funny.

Let’s go at the count of three. 1-2-3 go: Hahahaha! Fulfilled?

Go ask your king Ewuare2 who the first Oba of Benin is. I have no axe to grind on that. That is your internal issue.

My demand from you is different, and I am still waiting.

7 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 5:39pm On Apr 18, 2021
soonest:
What does the word oba mean in bini language. King i know is Ogie. Why is the Oba refered to omon'oba
Thank you oo!

@gregyboy, please note that I have a dictionary of Bini language right here in case you will turn around to tell us that “Obaseki” means “Shinning-seki” or “Red-seki”. cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by macof(m): 5:46pm On Apr 18, 2021
TAO11:
Here is his (Truthshots2) picture which he once posted to convince folks that he lives near light-skinned people.

One can already notice the depression and fugliness on his face. Oh his baldness can not possibly go unnoticed.

I have caused him to deactivate over seven of his many Nairaland accounts [No exaggerations].

He is certainly living a sorrowful and unfulfilled life.

I hope he schedules an appointment with a therapist before it gets too late.

cheesy

grin grin he said being in France makes him better than those refuting his nonsense grin as if he is enjoying the France grin
Self acclaimed French mathematician that spends all his time on topics that have nothing to do with mathematics

5 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 5:47pm On Apr 18, 2021
macof:
grin grin he said being in France makes him better than those refuting his nonsense grin as if he is enjoying the France grin Self acclaimed French mathematician that spends all his time on topics that have nothing to do with mathematics
That guy needs urgent help.

1 Like

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by KingOKON: 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2021
TAO11:
People of Nairaland, please let’s laugh because he intends this to be funny. 1-2-3 go: Hahahaha! Fulfilled?

Go ask your king Ewuare2 who the first Oba of Benin is. I have no axe to grind on that that is for your people to decide internally.

My demand for you is different, and I am still waiting.

Stomach laugh, keep dancing like Egungun calabar the royals have spoken be comforting fanning yourself with cooked hypothesis from Oshogbo
You also claim to know of a denial video plz where is this video you saw since mine was aired on channels Tv
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 5:53pm On Apr 18, 2021
KingOKON:
[s]Stomach laugh, keep dancing like Egungun calabar the royals have spoken be comforting fanning yourself with cooked hypothesis from Oshogbo
You also claim to know of denial video plz where is this video you saw since mine was on aired on channels Tv[/s]
These are dry attempts at comedy. You are trying too hard. Stop trying. Lol.

I have no burden to help you prove your claim. Neither do I have any burden of disproving your claim.

You originally made a claim. You have to prove it. Stop needing my help. At least prove your claim first.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by Simbrixton(m): 5:58pm On Apr 18, 2021
macof:
it is only non-itsekiri who support this trouble. Why?

Even someone who claims to not like to engage in ethnic issues of this kind will break his own principle just to support this case of disqualifying an itsekiri Prince with yoruba mother

You people just want to distabilise itsekiri.

One lesson itsekiri can learn from this is to not give into those who have tried to play them into positions of disadvantage
they have no influence whatsoever in warri

4 Likes

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by KingOKON: 6:00pm On Apr 18, 2021
TAO11:
These are dry attempts at comedy. You are trying too hard. Stop trying. Lol.

I have no burden to help you prove your claim. Neither do I have any burden of disproving your claim.

You originally made a claim. You have to prove it. Stop needing my help. At least prove your claim first.

Then why are there no official counter respond to the interview of Erelu Donsumu and according to you "3rd party narrative" of the Obas view on National dailies
You think boths papers don't understand the gravity of what they published or the Erelu is a nobody?
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 6:04pm On Apr 18, 2021
KingOKON:
[s]Then why are there no official counter respond to the interview of Erelu Donsumu and according to you "3rd party narrative" of the Obas view on National dailies
You think boths papers don't understand the gravity of what they published or the Erelu is a nobody?[/s]
There is no obligation to refute a self-refuting piece.

The columnists’ writings are non-verifiable and as such self-refuting.

A counter may have been necessary if there was a video (a verifiable statement) showing her/him saying such.

This is the 21st century, provide the video (which you claimed to have seen in viral circulation) or shush!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by KingOKON: 6:08pm On Apr 18, 2021
TAO11:
There is no obligation to refute a self-refuting piece.

The columnists writings is non-verifiable and as such self-refuting.

A counter may be necessary if there was a video (a verifiable statement) showing her saying such.

Goodness me, are you dumb or you are playing dumb?
You mean Vanguard newspaper interviewed a fake Erelu Donsumu?
Why not ask yourself, the ruling house of Lagos do you know there heritage more than them?
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by TAO11(f): 6:11pm On Apr 18, 2021
KingOKON:
[s]Goodness me, are you dumb or you are playing dumb?
You mean Vanguard newspaper interviewed a fake Erelu Donsumu?
Why not ask yourself, the ruling house of Lagos do you know there heritage more than them?[/s]
This one will soon cry or deactivate his account. cheesy

But I will granulate it further before your moniker turns to “Nobody”

*Erelu Dosunmu is an actual person.

*An interview probably took place with her.

*The exact words attributed to her are non-verifiable to say the least.

Bring me something verifiable — a video clip of her (or Oba Akiolu’s) statements.

You claimed to have seen a viral video to that effect. Please bring forward the video. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by zeusdgrt(m): 6:13pm On Apr 18, 2021
babaolofin:

You are a fool. I am presently in Bini. The major character of the youths is to make empty noise, very lousy, nearly 80% of the youths both male and female are into 419. The babes wether single or married are hustlers.

The 21st century history written by your Oba and later addition by your brothers should have an appendix where it is recorded that prospective Ooni must marry Bini woman.

The lady Ooni Ogunwusi married after he became Ooni - Wuraola Otiti Obanor left a year later is the perfect example of Edo woman. They are many in Italy.
Lol.... grin pained niggar! truth is always bitter grin huge transformer if e pain u, like it or not ur oba did the needful
Re: Warri Succession Crisis: Oba Of Benin Wades In, Meets Ologbotsere by zeusdgrt(m): 6:14pm On Apr 18, 2021
gregyboy:

Go sit down one side..... Bloody Yoruba eating amala bigot
Lol grin grin grin....e pain am! Sorry to disappoint you I can't be from your yoruba tribe

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (59) (Reply)

The Wife & Daughter Of Ooni Adeyeye Enitan-Ogunwusi / Olori Chanel Chin: Why I Recorded Oluwo's Atrocities Inside The Palace / Yoruba Names Whose Meanings Are Now Lost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.