Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,332 members, 7,780,868 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:18 AM

What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student (22046 Views)

Survival Tactics You Must Know / How To Apply For OPM Oversea Scholarship Free / Survival Fund Clarification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Educationalserv: 7:40am On Apr 17, 2021
Am new in Brandon canada and I have been choosy about available part time job and depending on my saving and income from Nigeria but the exchange rate is hitting me bad and am thinking of getting a job

6 Likes

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by thesolutions(m): 7:59am On Apr 17, 2021
dish washing, lawn mowing and deliveries.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by BigDawsNet: 8:47am On Apr 17, 2021
IT assistance in a groceries store for few weeks just to add it to my resume then...

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by GIDIBANKZ(m): 10:26am On Apr 17, 2021
angry
Educationalserv:
Am new in Brandon canada and I have been choosy about available part time job and depending on my saving and income from Nigeria but the exchange rate is hitting me bad and am thinking of getting a job

Braaa how u take travel

Make den give me link on how to move Niko.. Naija don tire me

65 Likes

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by WalkerMichael(m): 10:26am On Apr 17, 2021
I plan to learn how to drive forklift b4 japa. already got some IM skill for online jobs

38 Likes

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Adex2442: 10:26am On Apr 17, 2021
Pounding yam

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by popweezy(m): 10:27am On Apr 17, 2021
changing adult pampersgrin

I've never been there

9 Likes

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Adex2442: 10:27am On Apr 17, 2021
BigDawsNet:
IT assistance in a groceries store for few weeks just to add it to my resume then...

How much were u paid then

6 Likes

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Seniorwriter(m): 10:27am On Apr 17, 2021
Online Remote jobs anywhere anytime is better
You can get to earn as much as $30000(thirty thousand ) monthly or yearly depends on time spent and jobs completed because of your location doing transcribing or voice over. It's a lil harder from Africa especially Nigeria because of Online scams associated to such regions though some of us still find our way around the challenges!

@Seniorwriter

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by ItzEminence(m): 10:28am On Apr 17, 2021
Me we never step out of this shitty country called Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 17, 2021
cenaman:
Try to be a mortuary attendant.

Una no get j*y at all. You want OP to be seeing imaginary ghosts during lectures grin

10 Likes

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Mrentertainer(m): 10:30am On Apr 17, 2021
Learning...
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by newdawnlive: 10:30am On Apr 17, 2021
learn online coding
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by timibare(m): 10:30am On Apr 17, 2021
One day I'm gonna travel out too

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Consiglieri: 10:30am On Apr 17, 2021
Waiter. Tips were more than the salary

21 Likes

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by bestman09(m): 10:31am On Apr 17, 2021
sad
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Duplexxx: 10:31am On Apr 17, 2021
Hotel management....

A lot of p*say out here

7 Likes

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by handsomeyinka(m): 10:31am On Apr 17, 2021
Handyman / Home improvement...(You can never go wrong)..

In western world, Once you are very reliable, honest and affordable, Lots jobs will come your way.

You can charge a minimum of $50 for a small repair (door lock replacement, replacing light bulbs or fixing a jammed Garbage disposal, replacing a receptacle or minor handyman repair) this are very easy fix.

Meanwhile if you have an idea of plumbing (you can charge about $200-$500 to unclog a bathtub slow drain, snake a kitchen sink or unclog a main drain line).

If you learn painting, you can charge a minimum of $150 to paint a 120sft room or you can charge about $2500 for bathroom remodeling.

Most of this skills can be learned on YouTube or skilled trade centers and moreso you can arrange most repairs on your days off school or after school hours or hire some Hispanic guys to do the jobs while you can always supervise them after school hours.

It's kinda stressful and challenging but that's what you gat to do to put food on the table.

Have been through it and I can only thank God.

75% of homes needs in America a minor or major handyman repair.

IT IS WELL WITH ALL FOREIGNERS.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Ekykool(m): 10:32am On Apr 17, 2021
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by realstars: 10:32am On Apr 17, 2021
Driving Ambulance With Dead Humans Inthere.

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by stano2(m): 10:33am On Apr 17, 2021
If you have no info to give... please do not comment.
Stop occupying space for people that can be of help.

Which one is "Learning, I Neva comot, How you take go".

38 Likes

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Obinnau(m): 10:33am On Apr 17, 2021
Truth be told. I usually think that I would be able to work whenever I leave Nigeria for studies abroad. But I am here now and sometimes I wonder how I would be able to have supported myself if I was not sponsored by the school. To even find time for oneself after project reports, assignments and reading for exams is too hectic.
Thank God for scholarships.

NB: if you have to work abroad you may have to sacrifice your academic results for the cash. If you're for your academic pursuits, you better leave the job thingy.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Eriokanmi: 10:33am On Apr 17, 2021
Weekend vending
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by PetsAirways: 10:33am On Apr 17, 2021
Weekend administrative jobs and pet sitting or walking service.
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by realstars: 10:35am On Apr 17, 2021
Adex2442:
Pounding yam
For Ekweremadu.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by Goldbw122(m): 10:35am On Apr 17, 2021
Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by blinking001(m): 10:35am On Apr 17, 2021
Came here to read comments

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Survival Job Oversea As A Student by iyimide(m): 10:37am On Apr 17, 2021
Pasted posters all over as a Nanny..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities / 90-Year-Old Grandma Begins Primary School In Kenya (Photos) / Important Notice For JAMB Change Of Course/institution Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.