Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] (5277 Views)

Youths Protest In Ibadan, Demand The Release Of Sunday Igboho / Protesters In Ibadan Demand The Release Of Sunday Igboho (Photos) / Why Yourbas Must Demand Oduduwa Republic – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by Successionist(m): 3:43pm On Apr 17, 2021
Yoruba leaders storm Ibadan, demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS]

Thousands of youths, women and leaders of Yoruba race are currently occupying some streets in Ibadan in demand for Oduduwa Republic.

DAILY POST correspondent, who ismonitoring the procession, reports that the protesters are currently at the front of Mapo Hall in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.

The protesters are led by a Yoruba group, “Ilana Omo Oodua”, clamoring for self determination.

The group is led by Professor Banji Akintoye, a former Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

The protest, which was supposed to start around 9.am on Saturday, could not start until 11.am due to heavy security presence at the entrance and around Mapo Hall.

The protesters having sensed heavy security presence later mobilized to the front of Mapo to begin the protest.

Some of those who spoke, noted that Yoruba nation had suffered enough in Nigeria.

One of the leaders of the group, Bashorun Kunle Adesokan maintained that it was time for Yoruba race to have their own country.

He said, “Youuba have suffered enough. We are not in support of the 2023 elections.

“We are telling all politicians not to contest. They should not contest to waste their money.”

Publicity Secretary of the group, Mr. Maxwell Adeleye who spoke with DAILY POST confirmed that the security agencies did not allow the protest to hold at Mapo Hall as earlier scheduled.

He said, “Dear Colleagues, the Police in Mapo, Ibadan said they are at the venue to prevent hoodlums from hijacking the rally for Yoruba Self-Determination, and not stopping it from holding.”

https://dailypost.ng/2021/04/17/breaking-yoruba-leaders-storm-ibadan-demand-oduduwa-republic-photos/

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by nairalandankrah: 3:45pm On Apr 17, 2021
Who would've thought that one day, the Yoruba will rise

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by Akiara: 3:47pm On Apr 17, 2021
REALLY GOOD FOR THEM...

FREEDOM FROM AN OPPRESSIVE COEXISTENCE IS WELCOME.

BE VERY WARY OF THE USELESS POLICE AND THEIR PENCHANT FOR STUPIDITY.....

THANK GOD THE IGBO COMMISSIONER OF POLICE HAS TOLD HER MEN TO COORDINATE THEMSELVES IN A PEACEFUL MANNER.

CONGRATS YORUBA NATION....

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by Abdul05: 3:48pm On Apr 17, 2021
Me too, l follow suit with my people grin cheesy

Soon or later, we are pulling out from Nigeria fold
I believe God is able

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by Sammy07: 3:49pm On Apr 17, 2021
Why is it that nah daily post dey always report secessionist news
Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by Racoon(m): 3:51pm On Apr 17, 2021
Some of those who spoke, noted that Yoruba nation had suffered enough in Nigeria.
Nigeria is a fraud contracted by the British.Unity is not by force as unity without veracity is a conspiracy.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by nairalandankrah: 3:51pm On Apr 17, 2021
Sammy07:
Why is it that nah daily post dey always report secessionist news

Not everyone will push the Fulani agenda grin
Somethings are worth more than money..things like your freedom

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by Sammy07: 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2021
Racoon:

Nigeria is a fraud contracted by the British.Unity is not by force as unity without veracity is a conspiracy.

Awolowo said it.
Sarudana said it.

Someone said NO.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by Balkan(m): 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2021
police should arrest these urchins. You can not try this your oduduwafraud in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by Sammy07: 3:53pm On Apr 17, 2021
Balkan:
police should arrest these urchins. You can not try this your oduduwafraud in Lagos
KO soro gidi kan ri undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by IgweOfNnewi: 3:56pm On Apr 17, 2021
Akiara:
REALLY GOOD FOR THEM...

FREEDOM FROM AN OPPRESSIVE COEXISTENCE IS WELCOME.

BE VERY WARY OF THE USELESS POLICE AND THEIR PENCHANT FOR STUPIDITY.....

THANK GOD THE IGBO COMMISSIONER OF POLICE HAS TOLD HER MEN TO COORDINATE THEMSELVES IN A PEACEFUL MANNER.

CONGRATS YORUBA NATION....
Bat with many "mouths", dancing here and there like masquerade ball.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by helinues: 3:57pm On Apr 17, 2021
What is the name of the so called Yoruba leaders?
Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by helinues: 3:58pm On Apr 17, 2021
Racoon:

So we have been reading for decades
Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by Sammy07: 3:58pm On Apr 17, 2021
nairalandankrah:

Not everyone will push the Fulani agenda grin
Somethings are worth more than money..things like your freedom

Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by Sammy07: 3:59pm On Apr 17, 2021
helinues:
What is the name of the so called Yoruba leaders?

All well meaning Yoruba people undecided

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by film3four: 3:59pm On Apr 17, 2021
This particular video of Nnamdi kanu has inspired the Yorubas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8hfRmQI8yg

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by kayusely70(m): 4:00pm On Apr 17, 2021
One thousand kilometres journey start with a firm step forward! On your mark... Go!!!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by helinues: 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2021
Sammy07:

All well meaning Yoruba people undecided

Well meaning Yoruba but demanding for secession..

Abi well meaning don get another definition ni? embarassed
Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by Akiara: 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2021
SEE DEM....THEY NEVER DISAPPOINT WHEN IT COMES TO EXHIBITING THEIR KNOWN TRAIT.....FOOLISHNESS

BUT CORRECT YORUBA NO SEND YOU.THEY ARE SECURING THEIR FUTURE YOU HIA??.....ZOMBIE angry

IgweOfNnewi:
Bat with many "mouths", dancing here and there like masquerade ball.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by Sammy07: 4:05pm On Apr 17, 2021
helinues:

Well meaning Yoruba but demanding for secession..

Abi well meaning don get another definition ni? embarassed

Nope, meaning retains her meanings.

Secession is a good thing if you ain't comfortable with the backward set of people you're living with!

If you ain't comfortable with your room mate, won't you demand space? And look for another room?

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by Papertrails(m): 4:06pm On Apr 17, 2021
All I see are nothing but tifnubu boys trying to secure him his dream ticket come 2023, take them serious at your own peril.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by helinues: 4:14pm On Apr 17, 2021
Sammy07:

Nope, meaning retains her meanings.

Secession is a good thing if you ain't comfortable with the backward set of people you're living with!

If you ain't comfortable with your room mate, won't you demand space? And look for another room?

Well meaning Yoruba's can't demand for secession at this moment.. Head beheading is not the solution to an headache.

Looking for another room wouldn't be bad but what if I am the one who has issues that's making people looking uncomfortable to me.

Won't I feel the same uncomfortable with the new room mate if I neglect my own personal issues that's causing that?

Or perhaps we may say our past a d present leaders have not been up to task in solving most of the problems the region is facing
Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by Sammy07: 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2021
helinues:

Well meaning Yoruba's can't demand for secession at this moment.. Head beheading is not the solution to an headache.

Looking for another room wouldn't be bad but what if I am the one who has issues that's making people looking uncomfortable to me.

Won't I feel the same uncomfortable with the new room mate if I neglect my own personal issues that's causing that?

Yoruba presidency can't solve half of our problems
It can only bring investment / infrastructure / recruitment and some policy to favour us. Only on a short run not on a long run.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by helinues: 4:18pm On Apr 17, 2021
Sammy07:

Yoruba presidency can't solve half of our problems
It can only bring investment / infrastructure / recruitment and some policy to favour us. Only on a short run not on a long run.

And where did you see me talking about Yoruba presidency?

Why not turn your region into an eldorado before demanding for secession..

Are the leaders of the new country going to be from Pluto?
Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by greatdreamer(m): 4:18pm On Apr 17, 2021
The right time to bury this Lord Lugard's contraption called Nigeria is now.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by Sammy07: 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2021
helinues:

Well, I know where you're going to wink
How can we turn our region into an eldorado when some.mofos from another region will come.and destroy the facilities and farms?

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by nairalandankrah: 4:22pm On Apr 17, 2021
helinues:

The leaders of the new country will be from Niger republic or chad.. See question

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by helinues: 4:23pm On Apr 17, 2021
Sammy07:

Well, I know where you're going to wink
How can we turn our region into an eldorado when some.mofos from another region will come.and destroy the facilities and farms?

Some people from another region? Have we not been having elective leaders in SW? Or they are just figure head?
Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by Sammy07: 4:24pm On Apr 17, 2021
helinues:

Some people? Have we not been having elective leaders in SW? Or they are just figure head?

There are higher powers above them.

Tell me what Niger, Sokoto, Zamfara, Adamawa and Kebbi brings to the table of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by helinues: 4:24pm On Apr 17, 2021
nairalandankrah:

The leaders of the new country will be from Niger republic or chad.. See question

The question shock you too...

Na so I see am ooo grin
Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by helinues: 4:25pm On Apr 17, 2021
Sammy07:

Of course, God is the only one with higher power.. Right?
Re: Yoruba Leaders Storm Ibadan, Demand Oduduwa Republic [PHOTOS] by helinues: 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2021
Sammy07:

Tell me what Niger, Sokoto, Zamfara, Adamawa and Kebbi brings to the table of Nigeria

Remember, all fingers are not equal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Has Been Released / Breaking News: Sikiru Ayinde Barrister Is Dead. / 8 Officers In Abia Are Undergoing Trial For Disregarding Igp's Order On Checkpoi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.