Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon (36909 Views)

If You Were To Get Second Africa Citizenship, Which Country Will It Be? / Lagos To Divert Traffic For Today's Match Between Nigeria And Liberia / There Is No Difference Between Nigeria Air And MMM — Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by grandlexuz(m): 1:09am On Apr 18, 2021
ogbonti:

I do not think the Cameroun dual citizen story here is true

Samuel Eto'o Fils, the football legend is a naturalized citizen of Spain since 2007 - How come he is still having a Camerounian Passport?
So is Carlos Kameni and Thomas N'kono - both former goalkeepers for Les Lions Indomptable are both Spanish Citizens by naturalization.
Eto'o 's son Etienne Pineda is a Spanish citizen and yet he plays for Cameroun's U-20 Lioneaux - and almost half of the players in the Indomitable Lions are birth or naturalized citizens of France. So is the law meant for the poor or what ? I beg clear me grin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/7050416.stm

Even the President of Cameroon along with a host of ministers do have dual citizen. However the law exempts people of extraordinary talents like Eto'o. It is just for the common man. I have friends living in the US who needs visas to get back to Cameroon cos the now have a green back.
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by ogbonti: 1:15am On Apr 18, 2021
grandlexuz:

Even the President of Cameroon along with a host of ministers do have dual citizen. However the law exempts people of extraordinary talents like Eto'o. It is just for the common man. I have friends living in the US who needs visas to get back to Cameroon cos the now have a green back.

BOLD PARTS - you are very correct- hmmm, Cameroun dey chose who dem dey apply their laws to and for - is that a country he wants to give Nigeria up for? At least Nigeria allows dual for the rich and the poor grin
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by grandlexuz(m): 1:24am On Apr 18, 2021
Mrnairalandd:
If you listen to those who have never seen an airport talkless of travelling abroad, then you r doomed.

My Advice: I have lived in UK and US for over 20years.

If you r going to France only, then take your Cameroon passport.

But if your destination is one of these countries-USA, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and finally Republic of Ireland, please, stay away from that shit called Cameroon Passport.

Go to France and see how your brothers are suffering in Slums and Calais to Dover with Cameroon passport.

The only Cameroonian i ever met in USA was wasting away in Immigration Detention Centre while Nigerians usually get each other back

Don’t listen to ignorant Nigerians telling you to take Cameroon passport cos that shit won’t take you anywhere here compare to Nigerian passport.

The well travelled Nigerian who only met a single Cameroonian in the US. What a joke! Three quarters of my high school classmates are in the US and Canada. Most of them pharmacists and medical doctors.

Cameroonians cover extensive neighbourhoods of DC,
CA, VA, and MD. Cameroonian Americans have a page on wiki, enlighten yourself.

Ngwa Suh Ndamukong is a big name in the NFL and his parents are from Cameroon. Yaphett Kotto the villain of James Bond Live and Let Die 1973 movie is from Cameroon.
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Ojady(m): 1:52am On Apr 18, 2021
Brother, your parents are of Cameroonian descent, they are only naturalized in Nigeria. Go and get your Cameroonian heritage, you were born in Nigeria with a Nigerian birth certificate - that counts for something. If your parents pass now(may they live long and Well) you will have more hurdles to prove and possess your Cameroonian heritage.

Moreso, you just upped your opportunities. You can become bilingual, the Cameron reputation is not as terrible as the Nigerian rep both regionally and internationally, with a Cameroonian citizenship, you don't have to suffer the stigma of being a 'Nigerian' (fraudsters/tricksters/flashy/morally inept and so on) courtesy the bad egg Nigerians.

Go get your heritage abi Cameroun say e no want you?

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by DuBLINGreenb(m): 2:21am On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:
Hi nairalanders. I'm about to do my international passport, and totaly i'm confuse, i spent much time searching on google for weeks i'm yet to decide what is best for my future, is not easy to make such decision. That's why am here to seek an advice from public, i'm in my early 20's with nigeria being my country of birth, and also eligible to be citizen of cameroon through my parents who are 100% cameroonians based in nigeria for almost 3 decades, we recently travel to cameroon, i love the place and the people are friendly, very organize country with law abiden citizen. What i noticed in my short visit to cameroon. One can't even buy bus ticket without
cameroon national identity card, or lodge in a hotel, or rent a house without idendity card, for foreigners, they must provide all necessery document in order to be issued ticket, is very rare to hear the indigines discusing politics publicly no tribalism no religions sentiment, and its citizen has the equal right Irrespective of tribes,

Do both, both countries are $#!+ Holes Cameroon's passport is exactly the same as Nigerian passport so it's entirely up to you
Also have in mind tho that of both countries have 100% excellent leadership, Nigeria will be more valuable than Cameroon so yh it's still entirely up to you.
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by akpur1(m): 2:58am On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:
Probably next two week, i have already obtain my act de neisansce./ birth certificate., and my indigine letter
Hello sir choose nigeria over Cameroon, Nigeria is still a free country despite it's short comings and a Giant of Africa

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Boobysmith: 3:12am On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:
Hi nairalanders. I'm about to do my international passport, and totaly i'm confuse, i spent much time searching on google for weeks i'm yet to decide what is best for my future, is not easy to make such decision. That's why am here to seek an advice from public, i'm in my early 20's with nigeria being my country of birth, and also eligible to be citizen of cameroon through my parents who are 100% cameroonians based in nigeria for almost 3 decades, we recently travel to cameroon, i love the place and the people are friendly, very organize country with law abiden citizen. What i noticed in my short visit to cameroon. One can't even buy bus ticket without
cameroon national identity card, or lodge in a hotel, or rent a house without idendity card, for foreigners, they must provide all necessery document in order to be issued ticket, is very rare to hear the indigines discusing politics publicly no tribalism no religions sentiment, and its citizen has the equal right Irrespective of tribes,
All this good attitudes from Cameronians and not a single good from Nigerians?
10yrs ago my girlfriend travel to Cameroon her telling me what she experienced during her visit is what makes me think Nigeria is left behind

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by festlove: 3:25am On Apr 18, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
There is no tribalism in Cameroon?

You are a big empty yellow Jerry can.

The francophone and anglophone crisis which has dragged for so many years - what started it?

Friendship?

this got me laughing uncontrollably. i don tire for the guy oh
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by CrazyGranddad(m): 3:27am On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:

You are lying OP.

There is suppression of dissent in Cameroon and the English speaking parts are marginalised. You've forgotten some parts are fighting in a conflict to secceed?

Which no tribalism you see? Where? In Nigeria do you need ID card to buy bus tickets?

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by zinaunreal(m): 3:47am On Apr 18, 2021
Both countries are useless
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by nisai: 4:21am On Apr 18, 2021
joefelin2345:
You better choose Congo Brazzaville.
Haha grin Why now?
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Ezaboto(m): 4:26am On Apr 18, 2021
Well, I will just advise you to follow your mind. I was born and bred in Benin Republic. But my dad is Nigerian. Today, I'm carrying a Nigerian passport. I'm eligible for both. But I will choose Nigeria any day any time. If not for bad leadership we shouldn't be comparing Nigeria with any country in Africa. I have a lot of Beninese friends who would do anything to get a Nigerian passport.

Nigerians don't tend to appreciate Nigeria because they grew up here. But growing up in a francophone country I know Nigeria is far better.

4 Likes

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Sailorsoldier1: 4:30am On Apr 18, 2021
Do both. Or will u tell then u have dual?

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by sorepco(m): 4:50am On Apr 18, 2021
Is cameroon a French Country?

Take the Cameroon option mr man.

Elgorny:
thanks, but i can't speak french, how can i face the chaleges?
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by sorepco(m): 4:51am On Apr 18, 2021
That is not tribalism....

TarOrfeeek:
There is no tribalism in Cameroon?

You are a big empty yellow Jerry can.

The francophone and anglophone crisis which has dragged for so many years - what started it?

Friendship?
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by HRMK: 4:57am On Apr 18, 2021
very simple!ie if u know dffce btw a papertiger and a cat!!
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 4:59am On Apr 18, 2021
sorepco:
Is cameroon a French Country?
Take the Cameroon option mr man.

Alright
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 5:00am On Apr 18, 2021
grandlexuz:

thanks
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 5:04am On Apr 18, 2021
Ojady:
Brother, your parents are of Cameroonian descent, they are only naturalized in Nigeria. Go and get your Cameroonian heritage, you were born in Nigeria with a Nigerian birth certificate - that counts for something. If your parents pass now(may they live long and Well) you will have more hurdles to prove and possess your Cameroonian heritage.

Moreso, you just upped your opportunities. You can become bilingual, the Cameron reputation is not as terrible as the Nigerian rep both regionally and internationally, with a Cameroonian citizenship, you don't have to suffer the stigma of being a 'Nigerian' (fraudsters/tricksters/flashy/morally inept and so on) courtesy the bad egg Nigerians.

Go get your heritage abi Cameroun say e no want you?
they want me oo

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by PoshTraveler: 5:10am On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:
from what u wrote here, cameroon is more orgnised. choose cameroon
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Elgorny(m): 5:14am On Apr 18, 2021
PoshTraveler:
from what u wrote here, cameroon is more orgnised. choose cameroon
thanks @poshtraveler
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by rafcrown(m): 5:19am On Apr 18, 2021
Cameron because some criminals are tarnishing the image of Nigeria.
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by adedehinbo(m): 5:20am On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:
thanks, but i can't speak french, how can i face the chaleges?
but you re already speaking french now,can't understand the meaning of chaleges
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by kpolli(m): 5:43am On Apr 18, 2021
Last time I checked Cameroon doesn't permit dual citizenship
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Rolexjerry(m): 5:56am On Apr 18, 2021
Choose Nigeria. Land is blessed with far more natural resources compared to cameroon.
Nigeria's gdp per is not good enough due to bad leadership but it's still better than Cameroon's.
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by 41lady(m): 5:59am On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:

I will advice you to take the cameroon passport. The reason is not far fetch;

I am also entiled to have Cameroon and Nigeria passport, I opt out for Nigeria passport but now I am regretting my decision because,
a. Nigeria passport have no power to get you visa on arrive to all the Asia countries except Maldive.
b. When people see you with Nigeria passport, they see you as yahoo, drug or scammer.
c. In singapore and Malaysia where I am studying and leave, Nigerians pay more for basic necessities because the people believe you are from oil/natural resource rich country, especially when you are renting an apartment.
d. Alot of stigma attached to Nigeria passport, they see people from Nigeria as corrupt, terriorist, thieves, and womanizer.

The above is based on experience we Nigerians are facing outside and even in Africa.

PM me for more details why you should opt for cameroon passport.

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Iseoluwani: 5:59am On Apr 18, 2021
Elonmuskfan:
if you intend to travel very soon and have secured your travel funds and can elope in 2021,2022,2023 then get your Cameroon passport.

It is easier to be granted American visa or other top world visas if you’re applying as a Cameroonian, than as a Nigerian.

Later in life if you want to come down here and take up government position, appointment or job, you can obtain a Nigerian passport, identity and probably abandon/denounce your Cameroonian own, and enjoy the wealth that comes with such big government position you’ve landed in Nigeria. cheesy

Elgorny

best advice
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by AfonjaConehead: 6:20am On Apr 18, 2021
If you love yourself, you better port to Cameroon

1 Like

Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by ManspaceBarber(m): 6:32am On Apr 18, 2021
etrange:
You noticed all these in how many days? Have you asked those who are visiting Abuja or Lagos for the first time what they think about Nigeria? My point is, you were in a vacation mode and the feeling of newness is easily confused with being better. You were born in Nigeria and you grew up in Nigeria, so I see why you'd feel the pasture is greener on the other side. Anglophone countries only hear about fellow anglophone countries (Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, Ghana, etc). We don't read much about francophone countries (you probably do cause your parents are from there) so we don't really appreciate thier issues. I'm not saying Nigeria is better but you should know Cameroon has its own problems ranging from secessionism to corruption to not-so-good economy. The police as just as corrupt as they are in Nigeria. Which politics do you want to discuss when the same person has been ruling the country long before you were born? You think they have equal rights and some people want to create thier own country? Are you bilingual?

Cameroon used to be a popular destination for Nigerians (mainly Igbos) cause it allowed them to tap into the francophone market which was non-existent in Nigeria. They also got along well with the business minded Douala people more than they did with the Hausas up North. While things have changed, it's still a relatively peaceful country or, at least, it seems to be. This means less stress and probably longer life span. On the other hand, Nigeria is a bigger country with a more viable and relatively more independent economy. This means more opportunities and more cash flow. With a corruption index of 27 and 25, I don't see any significant difference in that regards. Nigeria has the benefits and issues of bigger, more complex and more dynamic country while Cameroon has the benefits and issues of a smaller and more easy going country.

I know I didn't give a definite answer but I hope I, at least, gave some insights. Whatever you do, know that your choice is not for you alone but for your unborn kids. Seeing that you are qualified for both passports, why not get them all?
You're an owl. smiley
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by Aguogba(m): 6:44am On Apr 18, 2021
Elgorny:
, is very rare to hear the indigines discusing politics publicly no tribalism no religions sentiment, and its citizen has the equal right Irrespective of tribes,
Are you talking about Utopia or the same Cameroon that we all know?
How can the above be true with all the atrocities being committed against the anglophone Cameroonians in the south? Shift with your superstory abeg!
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by chris51(f): 6:58am On Apr 18, 2021
Get both passports. Nigeria allows dual citizenship. If you are in Cameroon, keep your Nigerian passport under lock and key.
With this you have the best of both worlds
Re: Citizenship. Which Should I Choose Between Nigeria Vs Cameroon by chris51(f): 6:58am On Apr 18, 2021
chris51:
Get both passports. Nigeria allows dual citizenship. If you are in Cameroon, keep your Nigerian passport under lock and key.
With this you have the best of both worlds

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

5 Killed, Others Injured In Bayelsa Airport Road Accident (Graphic Photos) / Lagos Light Rail: Pictures Of Marina Train Station Under Construction / Awkward-Looking Keke NAPEP Spotted On The Road (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.