Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,389 members, 7,781,118 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:18 AM

How Man Lost One Leg, Manhood While Working With Chinese Company In Ogun - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Man Lost One Leg, Manhood While Working With Chinese Company In Ogun (383 Views)

Chinese Company -TRANSSNET FINANCIAL/NEWEDGE FINANCE And Their Unlawful Acts / Man Holds Cigarette & Smokes With His Leg, Removes His Cap With His Leg (Photos) / Lady Narrates How A Man Lost His Job Because She’s A Leftie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Man Lost One Leg, Manhood While Working With Chinese Company In Ogun by OmoOgunOriginal(f): 4:34pm On Apr 17, 2021

A victim of Chinese inhuman treatment of workers, Olamide Babatunde has narrated how he lost one of his leg and manhood to an avoidable accident in a quarry in Ogun State.

The victim narrated that he has been working as a casual worker for almost 5years, that all he got from the Chinese company was just medical bills paid without adequate compensation for his loss.

Olamide, in a press conference with journalists on Friday, at the Nigeria Labour Congress(NLC), Secretariat in Abeokuta, lamented that his life has been in a downturn since the accident.

He said, “I was in the hospital for almost 4months and they visited me just once. Apart from the hospital bills they settled, I have not heard from them again.

” Whenever we go there, they keep posting me that they will settle me soon. I have lost everything as I cannot impregnate any lady because I lost my manhood to the accident according to the doctors”.

Meanwhile, the Nigeria Union of Mine Workers (NUMW) in Ogun state has threatened to shut all Chinese Quarry Investments over the inimical activities of their operators in the state for their unjust treatment and violation of the right of their workers.

The Union expressed sadness over the unfortunate accident of Olamide Babatunde at one of the quarries in Abeokuta (Multiverse Quarry) where he lost his right leg and manhood while operating one of the machines without necessary PPEs on the 18th of July 2020.

The State Chairman, NUMW, Comrade Fasiu Abiola hinted that the Union had intervened and the company settled Olamide’s hospital bills, but during the course of the treatment, it was discovered that the victim has suffered erectile dysfunction and that had rendered him impotent, apart from permanent disability.

Comrade Fasiu explained, “the union had written a letter requesting for the provision of an artificial leg for the victim, completion of the medical treatment, adequate compensation for the victim, up to this moment, he has not been provided with the artificial leg and no compensation for the victim, up to this moment, he has not been provided with the artificial leg and no compensation has been paid.

“After careful review of the activities of these Chinese companies, the union would use all legitimate labour action to prevent further enslavement”.

Also speaking, the Chairman, Nigeria Union of Labour (NLC), in Ogun State, Comrade Emmanuel Bankole said Chinese investors are adamant in their quest to keep enslaving Nigerians adding that the union has resolved to tackle them, using all necessary labour mechanisms.

https://platformtimes.com.ng/2021/04/17/how-man-lost-one-leg-manhood-while-working-with-chinese-company-in-ogun/
Re: How Man Lost One Leg, Manhood While Working With Chinese Company In Ogun by Mokason288(m): 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2021
Cash out things
Re: How Man Lost One Leg, Manhood While Working With Chinese Company In Ogun by fourboys: 6:46pm On Apr 17, 2021
Mokason288:
Cash out things
nonsense write up

(1) (Reply)

Teen Girl And Two Others Shot Dead While Filming A Crate Challenge Video / Canopy And Big Umbrella For Your Branding And Outdoor Sale / Nigerian Man Brutalizes His Daughter After He Discovered She Was A Lesbian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.