Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 (61983 Views)

Manchester City Vs Newcastle United (5 - 0) On 8th May 2022 / Manchester City vs Chelsea (0 - 1) On 29th May 2021 / Ajax Vs Tottenham Hotspur: UCL Semi-Finals (2 - 3) On 8th May 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by iLegendd(m): 10:29pm On May 08, 2021
shogsman:
It's funny how some people actually think Chelsea is any where near man city level,all because you won luckily last time

Hmm
Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by SimpleGuy001: 10:29pm On May 08, 2021
It’s funny how some people want Chelsea to lose.

Pep has a lot to think about after this defeat, I’m 100% sure city will come all out against Chelsea on 29th, which will make it very easy for Chelsea to catch them on the counter.

They did that against Real Madrid but were wasteful, man city might not be that lucky if Chelsea gets that much chances from their counter play.

5 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by Telstar: 10:30pm On May 08, 2021
SimpleGuy001:

Your suggestion is childish, who will win, will win. Let’s wait for the 29th
My suggestion is childish? Look, Man City may lose this final if they don't do something extraordinary and they would never this wonderful opportunity again. You know nothing about football.

A team that defeated Real Madrid is a very strong team and it will take a tactical acumen to defeat such team.

5 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by iLegendd(m): 10:32pm On May 08, 2021
garfield1:

Its better city win than Chelsea win 2 UCL and get close to utd

grin grin

Enemy of progress.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by Pacesetter123(m): 10:35pm On May 08, 2021
Jazzman01:

Remove Ake from that list. For me, he was the best player in that city squad today. City were lethargic and gave them too much space to play, didn't close them down quickly and that is what Chelsea won't allow you do to them.

City played like Madrid, & Porto tonight, same way they played in the FA cup. To beat this Chelsea side, you need to play a pacy game. Run at them, force them to commit errors and be clinical in front of goal. City are renowned for their pacy game play and clinical finishes but I just don't know what's wrong with them. Maybe pep is experimenting.

I have also noticed that diagonal balls will unlock this Chelsea defence if properly timed and utilized. Whenever the opponent has the ball, you will see about 3 to 4 players closing him down leaving pockets of spaces to be exploited. Maybe pep or other coaches haven't seen this. Players like debrune, or fernandinho who can hold the ball can exploit this. Just draw traffic to your self and squeeze out diagonal passes. To beat this Chelsea side you have to be ruthless and clinical and not by playing slow paced game.

You will see that it is all this small teams that are ready to run at you and give it their all that will beat Chelsea.

Hopefully, the introduction of walker's pace, and Bernardo Silver plus Mahrez manuverbility will give city an edge in the final. If they repeat this style of slow paced game, Chelsea will outrun them.
Wehdon..ooo, Technical Adviser Jazzman!!
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by kalu61(m): 10:35pm On May 08, 2021
Jazzman01:

Chelsea are highly notorious for their counter attacking play so you can take care of werner and co by not playing a high defensive line. Also your Centre Backs should sit as deep as possible. They have no business in joining the attack and if you must involve your RB and LB, some players must drop deep to cover for them. Talking about centre Backs, How many times have you seen T.Silver taking up advanced positions? Or when Terry and Cahill were both paired together.

Yes because no coach is exploiting that lapse at the moment. Sometimes you need video reviews to see these things. You cannot see all on the pitch. And take note; I said maybe
You analysis is porous with regards to Man City. By not playing a high defense line, like seriously grin You mean Man City CB should sit deep as possible hmm. Is that pep style?

Don't talk about Tarry or Cahill, we are talking about different football stlye and players.

I want you to implicate yourself. You mean instead of city to hold the ball and press Chelsea in Chelsea's half, they will now start sitting back?

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by iLegendd(m): 10:40pm On May 08, 2021
Reussite:
I thought the fool Pep did not care about this game cheesy...why bringing in Foden & Gundogan? grin

grin

1 Like

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by iLegendd(m): 10:41pm On May 08, 2021
Fuckingmallam45:

He knows what he’s doing, he’s a tactical coach.

Hmm
Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by SimpleGuy001: 10:43pm On May 08, 2021
I’ll really like to see what pep does with his A team against Chelsea on may 29th. He left key players out against Chelsea today.

Tuchel did same by leaving mount and others. Both coaches hiding their plan, not revealing much against the each other.

4 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by Horllamideh(m): 10:53pm On May 08, 2021
israelp:
so fernadinho nr play slf,.. Dat 1guy na 2standing 4 for city,.. Hw chelsea 1 take win wen em go play 12 vs 11 ...mark dis word all chelsea fan,pep wil his football cheat come may29 ...d man behind dis ?is FERNADINHO watch n c grin
As if Fernandinho was not on the pitch when we flogged them in the FA Cup.

4 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by eedrees(m): 11:20pm On May 08, 2021
Horllamideh:

As if Fernandinho was not on the pitch when we flogged them in the FA Cup.
U dey mind am...

All una wey be Chelsea antagonist.. Oju yin abo ( una eyes go peel)

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by kazybose: 11:23pm On May 08, 2021
Up Chelsea!!! Up Chelsea!!! Up Chelsea,winning for ever .

3 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by Cossybob(m): 11:28pm On May 08, 2021
Well, I don't care what plans Pep holds but come what may, Chelsea team will destroy Mancity reckless abandon on the 29th smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by DanielPop(m): 11:40pm On May 08, 2021
Bros you for try use your analytical skills to direct that falling Chinese space rocket to a safe place nau! grin grin as for Chelsea, if you like play hexagonal pass, Chelsea go flog any team as of now o!

Jazzman01:

Remove Ake from that list. For me, he was the best player in that city squad today. City were lethargic and gave them too much space to play, didn't close them down quickly and that is what Chelsea won't allow you do to them.

City played like Madrid, & Porto tonight, same way they played in the FA cup. To beat this Chelsea side, you need to play a pacy game. Run at them, force them to commit errors and be clinical in front of goal. City are renowned for their pacy game play and clinical finishes but I just don't know what's wrong with them. Maybe pep is experimenting.

I have also noticed that diagonal balls will unlock this Chelsea defence if properly timed and utilized. Whenever the opponent has the ball, you will see about 3 to 4 players closing him down leaving pockets of spaces to be exploited. Maybe pep or other coaches haven't seen this. Players like debrune, or fernandinho who can hold the ball can exploit this. Just draw traffic to your self and squeeze out diagonal passes. To beat this Chelsea side you have to be ruthless and clinical and not by playing slow paced game.

You will see that it is all this small teams that are ready to run at you and give it their all that will beat Chelsea.

Hopefully, the introduction of walker's pace, and Bernardo Silver plus Mahrez manuverbility will give city an edge in the final. If they repeat this style of slow paced game, Chelsea will outrun them.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by Jfkito: 11:45pm On May 08, 2021
simple equation, Chelsea won champion league in 2012, Bayer won it in 2013. 2020 edition was won by Bayer while Chelsea will win it in 2021.
2008, Chelsea played her first final but was defeated, Spurs and PSG experienced their first final defeat in 2019 and 2020 respectively. Man City will go home with her share of defeat come 29th May, 2021.

6 Likes

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by Hybridz: 11:53pm On May 08, 2021
This fixture is particularly useful for TT in that he would have a couple of games against Pep to review and come up with an informed tactics come may 29. This fixture is like a 1st leg.

It promises to be interesting though!
Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by Great100000: 12:32am On May 09, 2021
SimpleGuy001:

You don’t want Chelsea to win, that’s why your decision is like that. Nothing special about city, true they are good in attacking but Chelsea would carry the day.

Their defense isn’t as good as that of Chelsea.
You mind that guy, someone who know nothing about Football, all his analysis about Chelsea is always zero, he hate Chelsea with passion and yet he can't say the truth. Sometimes ago he said Moyes and Rodgers and other small coaches are better than Tuchel grin grin grin grin imagine.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by Great100000: 12:34am On May 09, 2021
Telstar:
Yeah and they would probably lose the bet. What Man City Coach needs to do is, he should go to their U-23 youth team and pick one player and place him as a joker. Someone who Chelsea doesn't know at all on how he plays football and then study the second leg match between Chelsea and Porto and try to push more men in the midfield. If they do this, Chelsea would fall like a pack of cards because the German coach doesn't always play defensively in the Cup Final.
See another Coach grin grin grin grin grin go to U-23 youth team and use him to beat Chelsea in the Final. grin grin grin grin Nairaland Coaches no go kill person with laugh grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by Great100000: 12:37am On May 09, 2021
Pacesetter123:
Wehdon..ooo, Technical Adviser Jazzman!!
grin grin
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by Great100000: 12:44am On May 09, 2021
SouthEastFacts:

You mean pressing Chelsea without a high defensive line? Na suicide be that.

Do you know the space it will create between the Midfield and defence? And do you think Werner and Pulisic are in the game to pick beans?

There is no way Man City can press with their defence sitting deep. All Chelsea needs is one interception to attack those spaces.

Tuchel presses with kante and Jorginho. Man City doesn't have them.

Chelsea don't do high pressing during Terry era.

Tuchel is not Lampard, watch a tactical analysis of hi game against Pep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POG0UMAIvgc
Please stop arguing with him, he know nothing about football and Chelsea, he kept saying Chelsea is notorious in Counter Attacking and I think he is still watching 2004 Chelsea Mourinho, or maybe Sarri, Lampard, Tuchel and even AVB Play Defensive Counter Attack football. He hate Chelsea and because of that he can't say the truth, even though I don't like Barca or Guardiola but every time people ask me about the best team in Club history, my answer is always simple: Barcelone Guardiola.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by nagalee(m): 3:25am On May 09, 2021
adioolayi:
Chelsea fans... Congratulations....Tuchel has done a wonderful job.

But, no make mouth too much... DeBruyne, Bernardo Silva, Mahrez, Fernandinho no play...

The game didn't start with Foden and Gundogan ..

That's like 6 starters not starting or playing at all...

Chelsea has gotten a real confidence boost by winning today....But, to me..That's not a full strength City's team.

UCL final will be entirely different ball game.

May the best team win
which best team nor play. We go still ball them come may 29
Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by shuttox: 3:47am On May 09, 2021
God is good

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by shuttox: 3:48am On May 09, 2021
Man utd finding excuses

1 Like

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by shuttox: 3:51am On May 09, 2021
DaddyYankee:
[s][/s]Stop saying trash, about 8 of those guys that started today will not start the final
Always having an excuse....Smh

1 Like

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by donbrowser(m): 4:20am On May 09, 2021
Djamel:
Something about this game I just can't place my hands on
Beware of the bookies

Don't get carried away by both Chelsea wins

Man city Will win the UCL
Lemme save this post so I can call you out

1 Like

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by ceeceeco: 4:49am On May 09, 2021
Chelsea are eating their cake now & they're happy. But have it in mind that you guys have won city twice now, so the next match belongs to city, it's very obvious that Guardiola will do everything humanly possible to lift the UCL trophy. You guys should watch out. So Chelsea fans should start smiling now while it last & get prepared to be disappointed on May 29. The citizens are coming for you guys real hard.
Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by omojesu202(m): 5:03am On May 09, 2021
Stewart883:
I have staked 600k already for manchester city. I hope I make it

Try it again in the final if them born you well.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by richmanrichard: 5:04am On May 09, 2021
esivue007:
world what....??

Till he defeat ole gunner first in epl
Sorry, we are talking about coaches.Ole is an INEC chaiman
Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by omojesu202(m): 5:06am On May 09, 2021
Angelfrost:

That would just be terrible...

You mean you will collect UCL from them, EPL on top their head, and in the process likely condemn them to Europa! cry

Have mercy and allow them enter UCL na!!! grin

Last last this you laugh go choke you. You're joking with Chelsea abi, put your money on City let Chelsea waste it for you.
Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by omojesu202(m): 5:08am On May 09, 2021
Luigi02:
I always get my prediction right.
Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea Football Club cool

you edited

1 Like

Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by omojesu202(m): 5:09am On May 09, 2021
Gbest90:

OK Oga fearless. Kickoff is 5.30. And your moniker kpakpa no hard to remember. cheesy

I hope you have given him his kudos
Re: Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 by omojesu202(m): 5:11am On May 09, 2021
good4all40:
Man City to win 3 - 1

you're a big learner

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust) / 3 Clubs That Could Stop Liverpool From Defending The Champions League / Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 3) On 3rd October 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.