Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,272 members, 7,780,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:37 PM

Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. (1763 Views)

May Nigeria Never Witness Another Buhari’s Govt — Primate Ayodele / 2023: Wike Changes Permutations In PDP, Becomes Major Threat To Atiku / Buhari: Success Of Anambra Election Means 2023 Polls Not In Danger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by Rossphinki: 3:54am On Apr 18, 2021
NIGERIA TURNS MAJOR INTERNATIONAL GOLD EXPORTER

Nigerian-Canadian Company to Start Gold Export from Nigeria in June 2021

The Nigerian-Canadian Company, which is mining gold in Nigeria’s Osun State, looks set to commence the exportation of gold in June this year.

This is seen as part of the federal government’s efforts towards the diversification of Nigeria’s economy to create employment and earn more foreign exchange in addition to exploiting the country’s potential in the mining sector.

This disclosure was made by the Minister of Mines and Steel Development, Olamilekan Adegbite, in Abuja on Sunday, while speaking at a forum of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), in which he described the Segilola Gold Project as a strategic investment for Nigeria’s economic diversification.

The minister described the company as a poster child and the first foreign investor that was doing genuine and serious business in Nigeria.

Adegbite stated, “The company will start exporting gold from Nigeria in June.’’

He said that the project is being executed by Segilola Resource Operating Ltd., a licensed operator and Canadian company, located in Iperindo in Osun.

He disclosed that the company which was listed and quoted on the Toronto Stock Exchange in Canada, the eighth largest exchange in the world by market capitalisation, commanding some 3.1 trillion dollars, is trying to ensure compliance with the economic diversification agenda of the Federal Government.

The minister said, “Mining is a bit capital intensive. So, we need to attract serious players, people who can put in the money and then, of course, begin to make money after some investment because it has a gestation period.

“Mining is not like trading where you put in your money today and then realise profit tomorrow. When you do exploration, it can take a year to three years, then you discover the mineral and then start the exploitation before money begins to roll in.”

It can be recalled that in August 2020, Adegbite had announced that Nigeria was set to commence gold production with the launch of the Segilola Gold Project in Osun State.

The take-off of the project would make Nigeria a major gold producing country and hasten the diversification of the economy and reduction of unemployment.

According to proven surveys, Nigeria has discovered large quantities of gold in Zamfara, Kebbi, Niger, Kaduna, Osun, Kwara, and the FCT.

This is also coming after President Muhammadu Buhari unveiled the first batch of the Presidential Artisanal Gold Mining Development Initiative gold, which is expected to be part of Nigeria’s external reserve after being purchased by the Central Bank of Nigeria.

https://nairametrics.com/2021/02/28/nigerian-canadian-company-to-start-gold-export-from-nigeria-in-june-2021/

1 Like

Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by eme1n(m): 3:58am On Apr 18, 2021
Ok
Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by Rossphinki: 4:05am On Apr 18, 2021
This is what we need to take Nigeria to the next level economically.

Diversification, Diversification, Diversification.

That is the only way.

Oil and gas income may be enough for a Qatar or UAE with a couple million people..

Not for the Giant of Africa and her 210 million population.

Kudos Mr President.

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

The sky is the limit for this great and blessed country.

3 Likes

Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by limeta(f): 4:11am On Apr 18, 2021
The Nigerian-Canadian Company, which is mining gold in Nigeria’s Osun State, looks set to commence the exportation of gold in June this year.

zamfara gold is fulani only

10 Likes

Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by Rossphinki: 4:14am On Apr 18, 2021
Nigeria Pins Hopes on First Gold Project to Boost Mining Sector

By William Clowes

Bloomberg

9 October 2020, 15:44 BST

Nigeria’s first industrial gold project is on course to enter production next year, and its success will be crucial for boosting mining in Africa’s biggest oil producer, the country’s mines minister said.

Thor Explorations Ltd. is spending $98 million to develop the project, which will have an annual average output of 80,000 ounces. The Canada-based company’s Segilola mine in the southwest should yield gold by the end of the first quarter of 2021, Minister of Mines and Steel Development Olamilekan Adegbite told reporters in Abuja, Nigeria’s capital, on Friday.

The West African nation has sizable untapped deposits of metals including iron ore, gold, zinc and lead, but almost all extraction is done on a small-scale or manual basis. The government wants to increase mining’s contribution to gross domestic product to 3% by 2025, from less than 0.1% currently.

Thor is “the proverbial company that dares to jump in the shark-infested water and see whether it survives,” Adegbite said. Progress at Segilola will be key to attracting other mining companies to Nigeria, which offers incentives including tax holidays and customs waivers on imported equipment, he said.

Successive administrations have pledged to grow mining’s role in the economy since Nigeria restored multi-party democracy in 1999. Legislation to expand the sector was passed more than a decade ago.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-09/nigeria-pins-hopes-on-first-gold-project-to-boost-mining-sector
PDP you see your life?

So it took ''evil Buhari'' to start the ball rolling while all PDP did was talk, talk, loot, talk, loot, talk, talk.

Kai.

2 Likes

Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by plaindealer: 4:26am On Apr 18, 2021
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by Nobody: 5:24am On Apr 18, 2021
limeta:

zamfara gold is fulani only
exactly what I was about typing. They have been mining and selling zamfara gold for long without due process, now they want to mine and sell Osun gold with due process Lols

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by selemempe: 6:24am On Apr 18, 2021
Any southerner who is not angry at fulanis and their greed is an idiot.

Having read and analysed the history of fulani greed and violence in Africa, I feel alarmed that there are still southerners playing neutral at best or outrightly supporting these people

I have given up on this country and I'm planning to acquire a second citizenship and forget I was once a Nigerian. An abokì country created for abokìs and ran by abokìs and their southern stooges.

No other country in Africa is still suffering power outages like Nigeria. See how these greedy fulanis occupy every position and end up achieving nothing but corruption and terrorism

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by OkCornel(m): 6:33am On Apr 18, 2021
This is wonderful news!

Glimmer of hope for Nigeria. I hope Nigerians in the diaspora can strategically key into these kind of projects.
Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by Rosskiiku: 6:36am On Apr 18, 2021
selemempe:
No other country in Africa is still suffering power outages like Nigeria.

80% of countries on Earth are developing countries, which all suffer REGULAR power cuts.

Nigeria is not unique in that respect.

It is just that many Nigerians like you are filled with self hate, and so you broadcast your problems to the whole world endlessly.

India Power Cuts:

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/chandigarh/zirakpur-residents-reel-under-9-hr-power-cut-240481

Pakistan Power Cuts

https://tribune.com.pk/story/2291125/locally-manufactured-solar-panels-set-to-roll-out

1 Like

Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by orisa37: 6:52am On Apr 18, 2021
IT'S HAPPENING. NOI'S EFFECT. NO MORE HIDING FOR A GOLD FISH
Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by selemempe: 6:53am On Apr 18, 2021
Rosskiiku:

You are a truly sick person.

Which company has been mining gold in Zamfara? Tell us.

Illegal mining by small groups of folks has been going on all over the country for decades.

These are never large scale commercial operations.

If you are claiming that there was commercial-scale gold mining going on in Zamfara, furnish us with the name of the company that engaged in this, or SHUT UP.

so how come illegal mining wasn't going on in ondo state too like in Zamfara? You guys can only deceive your fellow APC folks and Some Muslims in the south west. We in the eastern region can see through your rubbish.

When has this country ever benefited from northern resources? Tell me that one time Nigerians from other regions have benefited from money made in the north.

When you are not taking southern coal, you are taking Southern oil, Southern lands and now southern gold.

The north is a burden that southern Nigerians needs to shake.

See how kemi adeosun was eased out for forging nysc exemption certificate, yet a confirmed terrorist sympathetic man is a minister that will never be sacked.

Can the north take half of the sacrilege they shove down our throats?

In 1966 some prominent yorubas were also killed by the coup plotters. While the yoruba tribe chose calm and dialogue, the north went on a killing spree of easterners.

I say from the top of my voice, it is time to change it for the north in this country. There is no other way. I live in Qatar (a Muslim country) yet I have not seen even one northerner in this country since 6 years ago. You guys are forcing us out of Nigeria to Canada in the thousands while you occupy our lands. That must stop in this century

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by jesmond3945: 6:56am On Apr 18, 2021
Rossphinki:
This is what we need to take Nigeria to the next level economically.

Diversification, Diversification, Diversification.

That is the only way.

Oil and gas income may be enough for a Qatar or UAE with a couple million people..

Not for the Giant of Africa and her 210 million population.

Kudos Mr President.

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

The sky is the limit for this great and blessed country.
they would export that gold and bring back the finished products which would be bought by cbn.
Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by jesmond3945: 6:58am On Apr 18, 2021
selemempe:
so how come illegal mining wasn't going on in ondo state too like in Zamfara? You guys can only deceive your fellow APC folks and Some Muslims in the south west. We in the eastern region can see through your rubbish.

When has this country ever benefited from northern resources? Tell me that one time Nigerians from other regions have benefited from money made in the north.

When you are not taking southern coal, you are taking Southern oil, Southern lands and now southern gold.

The north is a burden that southern Nigerians needs to shake.

See how kemi adeosun was eased out for forging nysc exemption certificate, yet a confirmed terrorist sympathetic man is a minister that will never be sacked.

Can the north take half of the sacrilege they shove down our throats?

In 1966 some prominent yorubas were also killed by the coup plotters. While the yoruba tribe chose calm and dialogue, the north went on a killing spree of easterners.

I say from the top of my voice, it is time to change it for the north in this country. There is no other way. I live in Qatar (a Muslim country) yet I have not seen even one northerner in this country since 6 years ago. You guys are forcing us out of Nigeria to Canada in the thousands while you occupy our lands. That must stop in this century
wow so no hausa fulani man in qatar?
Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 18, 2021
Rosskiiku:

You are a truly sick person.

Which company has been mining gold in Zamfara? Tell us.

Illegal mining by small groups of folks has been going on all over the country for decades.

These are never large scale commercial operations.

If you are claiming that there was commercial-scale gold mining going on in Zamfara, furnish us with the name of the company that engaged in this, or SHUT UP.

So why didn't they invite the company to mine Zamfara gold, where illegal mining has been going on for long? U guys are deceptive, parasitic and greedy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by selemempe: 7:05am On Apr 18, 2021
jesmond3945:
wow so no hausa fulani man in qatar?
I haven't seen one...and I have been here for 6 years. Only saw one guy from Kaduna. He grew up in Lagos though. And I have also heard that you don't see them much in Europe or America either

1 Like

Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by Rossupti: 7:10am On Apr 18, 2021
lovecares34:
So why didn't they invite the company to mine Zamfara gold, where illegal mining has been going on for long? U guys are deceptive, parasitic and greedy.

Who are ''you guys''? I'm a NIGERIAN. If you think I am from some place based on my unbiased reasoning, it shows you are a sick person with a depraved mentality.

You are so sick you see EVERYTHING through a 'tribal' prism.

You hate northerners so much yet go to the north. Millions of Igbos there. I will start taking you seriously when you people vote with your feet, and migrate en masse back to the East. For now, just shut up, because you clearly need Nigeria more than Nigeria needs you.

2 Likes

Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 18, 2021
Rossupti:

Who are ''you guys''? I'm a NIGERIAN. If you think I am from some place based on my unbiased reasoning, it shows you are a sick person with a depraved mentality.

You hate northerners so much yet go to the north. Millions of Igbos there. I will start taking you seriously when you people vote with your feet, and migrate en masse back to the East. For now, just shut up, because you clearly need Nigeria more than Nigeria needs you.

you are just beaten around the bush and running from d truth, nonsense get out. U are an insincere untruthful terrorist

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by Rossupti: 7:18am On Apr 18, 2021
lovecares34:
you are just beaten around the bush and running from d truth, nonsense get out. U are an insincere and untruthful terrorist

So go and pack your 5 million Igbos from the north. What are you all doing in the northern land of terrorists and Boko haram and herdsmen?

Hardly anyone from NIgeria goes to Igboland.

Na una dey travel anywhere belle face, yet you are full of hate for the people whose lands you settle in.

What a contradiction. Confused people. Without Nigeria you would all starve and perish, so get lost.

1 Like

Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by selemempe: 7:27am On Apr 18, 2021
Rossupti:

there he goes again with millions of Igbo being in the north. Stale thrash. I have no family members in the north (apart from Abuja) I don't know any of my friends who do...so on what basis do you guys always get this 'millions'?

Funny I know that Hausas have markets in all south eastern states that they dominate 90%. In Enugu they have new artisan market. Almost filled with Hausas. Go to ogui road, all the bureau de change there are owned by northerners. Can you name one market in Kano that Igbos own up to 90%?

When our parents left your region and returned to east did it stop you one nigerianists from forcing them back into your mediocre country that is still celebrating the export of gold in 2021?

Biafra will never die until it's achieved because unlike you people, the igbos are 100% confident that we don't need Nigeria to progress

4 Likes

Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by selemempe: 7:29am On Apr 18, 2021
I will say it for all right thinking yorubas to hear. It is your gold that they plan to export and use it to finance Nigeria, while their gold is reserved or mined illegally by them. Use your tongue and count your teeth. They killed abiola and gave you Obasanjo.
Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by Rossupti: 7:29am On Apr 18, 2021
selemempe:
there he goes again with millions of Igbo being in the north. Stale thrash. I have no family members in the north (apart from Abuja) I don't know any of my friends who do...so on what basis do you guys always get this 'millions'?

Funny I know that Hausas have markets in all south eastern states that they dominate 90%. In Enugu they have new artisan market. Almost filled with Hausas. Go to ogui road, all the bureau de change there are owned by northerners. Can you name one market in Kano that Igbos own up to 90%?

When our parents left your region and returned to east did it stop you one nigerianists from forcing them back into your mediocre country that is still celebrating the export of gold in 2021?

Biafra will never die until it's achieved because unlike you people, the igbos are 100% confident that we don't need Nigeria to progress

This ignoramus thinks there are more northerners in the East than Igbos in the north.

You are clearly a very small boy. Go and argue with your mates. I'm done with you.

Ode.
Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by selemempe: 7:33am On Apr 18, 2021
Rossupti:

So go and pack your 5 million Igbos from the north. What are you all doing in the northern land of terrorists and Boko haram and herdsmen?

Hardly anyone from NIgeria goes to Igboland.

Na una dey travel anywhere belle face, yet you are full of hate for the people whose lands you settle in.

What a contradiction. Confused people. Without Nigeria you would all starve and perish, so get lost.

5 million kee you there. Where are the 5 million Igbos living? Who counted them? Liars everywhere.
You know what, we igbos give you permission, kill any igboman that refuses to leave the north and return to east after Biafra. Kill them and take their property...we dash you. If you think that one will solve Biafran agitation then you are still living in 1966. Biafran agitation will only get louder in this social media era

2 Likes

Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by Rossupti: 7:34am On Apr 18, 2021
selemempe:
I will say it for all right thinking yorubas to hear. It is your gold that they plan to export and use it to finance Nigeria, while their gold is reserved or mined illegally by them. Use your tongue and count your teeth. They killed abiola and gave you Obasanjo.

Yorubas don't take advice from terrorists like you.

Go and advise IPOB and ESN who recently threatened to kill their fellow beloved Igbos if they join the official security network funded with Igbo taxpayers' money.

I only pity those unfortunate enough to live in a country ruled by IPOB.

Idi Amin's Uganda will be a tea party in comparison.
Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by selemempe: 7:36am On Apr 18, 2021
Rossupti:

This ignoramus thinks there are more northerners in the East than Igbos in the north.

You are clearly a very small boy. Go and argue with your mates. I'm done with you.

Ode.
tell me one northern sector or market that Igbos dominate na...or are the Igbos in northern Nigeria eating dust to survive. We know northerners dominate bureau de change in east...tell us what Igbos dominate in the north. Again I say kill them all. We support it.... Biafra agitation must go on even if it crumbles everything we have built. It's better than to continue to live under Fulani hegemony

2 Likes

Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by selemempe: 7:37am On Apr 18, 2021
Rossupti:

Yorubas don't take advice from terrorists like you.

Go and advise IPOB and ESN who recently threatened to kill their fellow beloved Igbos if they join the official security network funded with Igbo taxpayers' money.

I only pity those unfortunate enough to live in a country ruled by IPOB.

Idi Amin's Uganda will be a tea party in comparison.
smart yorubas are waking up everyday through the effect of our message

1 Like

Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by Veqtor: 7:47am On Apr 18, 2021
See talk.

How is exporting gold a success?

Is gold d only resource nigeria is exporting?

They have been exporting oil nd other things since, yet nothing to show for it, except their private jets and fat foreign bank accounts.

No refinery for the oil. Pms is the costliest it has been since d failed nation was formed.

No factory of any kind to process all the other natural resources like coal for a variety of finished products that would help grow d economy and create job opportunities.

Is there any gold processing industry in nigeria? No. The first thing mannequin Buhari thought of doing was to export so they can have even more money to pocket, since printing cash and oil money is nuh enough for them.

Then a zombie came here to open thread and call it a success. Tueh! this northern people eh, dem really do una.

1 Like

Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by tribalmall: 7:54am On Apr 18, 2021
Bro this is why I can't understand how a foolish man like Azikwe choose to be a slave to Tafawa Balewa. Ekweume another slave to Shagari. The crook Peter Obi is already galvanizing his tribesmen for another round of slavery under Atiku if not for God so pls advice your tribesmen to be angry with Fulani seeing the course you have taken as a tribe to enslave your souls under the same Fulani from centuries to generations.

selemempe:
Any southerner who is not angry at fulanis and their greed is an idiot.

Having read and analysed the history of fulani greed and violence in Africa, I feel alarmed that there are still southerners playing neutral at best or outrightly supporting these people

I have given up on this country and I'm planning to acquire a second citizenship and forget I was once a Nigerian. An abokì country created for abokìs and ran by abokìs and their southern stooges.

No other country in Africa is still suffering power outages like Nigeria. See how these greedy fulanis occupy every position and end up achieving nothing but corruption and terrorism
Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by Veqtor: 7:59am On Apr 18, 2021
lovecares34:
exactly what I was about typing. They have been mining and selling zamfara gold for long without due process, now they want to mine and sell Osun gold with due process Lols

Daz y dey don't want secession. So they can continue to control our resources nd use the money to sponsor terrorism until they can completely take over the south, like they have done d north.

Vile parasites.

3 Likes

Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by selemempe: 8:04am On Apr 18, 2021
tribalmall:
Bro this is why I can't understand how a foolish man like Azikwe choose to be a slave to Tafawa Balewa. Ekweume another slave to Shagari. The crook Peter Obi is already galvanizing his tribesmen for another round of slavery under Atiku if not for God so pls advice your tribesmen to be angry with Fulani seeing the course you have taken as a tribe to enslave your souls under the same Fulani from centuries to generations.

stop talking nonsense Mr. Most Igbos would rather end Nigeria than support any Igbo for president. Infact many of us pray that an Igbo man doesn't ever become Nigerian president as that will make our elite to start supporting the movement
Re: Another Buhari Success - Nigeria Becomes Major Gold Exporter From June 2021. by tribalmall: 8:07am On Apr 18, 2021
Wow ! This is unbelievable, igbo boy admitting theere are smart Yoruba ?! E shock mi O.

But listen bro, the damage the like of Kanu, Ipob n other Igbos have done I doubt if the 2 tribe can ever be reconciled. As 4 me I would rather die than reconcile with Igbos to fight the North with the amount of hate I had to fight off from Igbos daily on NL. I have even chose to expose Igbos insulting politicians from other tribes while shielding criminals like Peter Obi Kalu Orji Ugwuayi Theodore Orji no Co. Now even when am not on NL Yorubas are now mouth interested in shutting Igbos up on their affair rather than holding the erring politician accountable.

selemempe:
smart yorubas are waking up everyday through the effect of our message

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Government Should Place A Sanction On UK Government. / "Buhari Knows Bandits Terrorising Northern Nigeria"-Chinwetalu Agu Shares Ordeal / Untold Story of What Transpired Between EFCC and Obi Cubana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.