Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,718 members, 7,805,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:05 AM

Is Jesus Christ The Son Of God Or God Almighty Himself? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Christ The Son Of God Or God Almighty Himself? (209 Views)

The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty! / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jesus Christ The Son Of God Or God Almighty Himself? by ogtechinc(m): 7:43am On Apr 18, 2021
While growing up, I have had different sayings on the above.

Can Jesus be the Son of God and at the same time be the father or Almighty God?

Someone once told me that when Jesus came to the earth, it was God Almighty that came down because he has been taught that Jesus and God shared the same body as part of the Trinity (more confusion). Is there a scriptural backing to this teaching?

This scripture though got me thinking -

John 14:31:

"But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do."

If Jesus Christ is God Almighty or the Father, who is the father he is referring to that gives him commandments? (clarification needed here).

I honestly don't think anyone should be commanding Jesus if he is the Almighty God or the father.

Dear Nairalanders, what is the truth on the subject matter?
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Son Of God Or God Almighty Himself? by MEGA4BILLION(m): 8:27am On Apr 18, 2021
The following should be of help
I John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

John 14:6-7
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
“If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”

I Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Son Of God Or God Almighty Himself? by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 18, 2021
This is how people have been confused for ages. Jesus is son of God Almighty who and who alone bears name Jehovah see psalm 83;18 for verification, but has other titles that Jesus and even men are addressed as. Names like Lord, Father, e.t.c both Jesus and Jehovah are different from each other, but work in unity
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Son Of God Or God Almighty Himself? by Nobody: 9:15am On Apr 18, 2021
ogtechinc:

Someone once told me that when Jesus came to the earth, it was God Almighty that came down because he has been taught that Jesus and God shared the same body as part of the Trinity (more confusion). Is there a scriptural backing to this teaching?

"But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do."

If Jesus Christ is God Almighty or the Father, who is the father he is referring to that gives him commandments? (clarification needed here).

I honestly don't think anyone should be commanding Jesus if he is the Almighty God or the father.

Jesus said I can do nothing except the father asked me to do because me and the father are one.

John 14:6
I am the way the truth and the life no one cometh to the father except by me.

very simple anyone Jesus accept Jehovah will accept him because Jesus and the father are one.
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Son Of God Or God Almighty Himself? by Jesuschristus: 9:16am On Apr 18, 2021
hmm
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Son Of God Or God Almighty Himself? by Sheunma: 9:26am On Apr 18, 2021
He's both.
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Son Of God Or God Almighty Himself? by Ihedinobi3: 10:20am On Apr 18, 2021
ogtechinc:

Hello.

Jesus Christ is not the Father. They are two different Persons. But they are both equally God.

1 Like

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Son Of God Or God Almighty Himself? by Gaggii: 10:26am On Apr 18, 2021
ogtechinc:

Nobody created God, but God created Jesus. Hope it is clear. That is if am right now
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Son Of God Or God Almighty Himself? by ogtechinc(m): 12:13pm On Apr 18, 2021
Sheunma:
He's both.

Is there a scriptural backing to your comment?
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Son Of God Or God Almighty Himself? by ogtechinc(m): 12:14pm On Apr 18, 2021
Jesuschristus:
hmm

LOL... Why hmmm
Re: Is Jesus Christ The Son Of God Or God Almighty Himself? by gideonjeta(m): 12:22pm On Apr 18, 2021
Op,... Jesus is not God Almighty. When he was here on earth,...he made some statements and perform some actions to prove this. Some of them are stated below. You can check it in your Bible.

What did Jesus say?

▪ “If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going my way to the Father, because the Father is greater than I am.” (John 14:28) Jesus acknowledged that he and his Father are not equals.

▪ “I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.” (John 20:17) Jesus did not speak of himself as God but spoke of God as a separate Person.

▪ “I have not spoken out of my own impulse, but the Father himself who sent me has given me a commandment as to what to tell and what to speak.” (John 12:49) Jesus’ teachings did not come from him; they came from the Father.

JESUS claimed to be the Son of God, not Almighty God. If Jesus were God, to whom was he praying while here on earth? (Matthew 14:23; 26:26-29) Surely Jesus was not just pretending to talk to someone else!

So Jesus is Son of God.
ogtechinc:

Re: Is Jesus Christ The Son Of God Or God Almighty Himself? by ogtechinc(m): 12:34pm On Apr 18, 2021
MEGA4BILLION:
The following should be of help
I John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

John 14:6-7
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
“If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”

I Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Thank you for the help... I have read the 1st Scripture you quoted (1 John 5:20) carefully. The scripture doesn't prove that Jesus is the Almighty True God. Instead it shows that Jesus the SON OF God came to make us know better or understand who the True God is. It now clearly says we are in the True God (union with the True God) and also in his Son Jesus Christ (also in union with Jesus). This is in line with John 17:20, 21:
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Take note of this line: that they also may be one in us. "Us" is two or more, right? Hence, the scripture you cited helps to show that Jesus is the Son of God separated from the True God.

(1) (Reply)

Exposed: What The Third Eye Truly Is And How Does It Really Work? / Prophecy For Nigeria: Prophet TB Joshua Revisits 2014 Prediction [VIDEO] / God's Time Is When You Truly Believe With Patience And Your Heart At Rest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.