Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. (443 Views)

Open Letter To Bishop David Oyedepo, Faulty Foundation Identified In Your Church / Woman In Pastor David E. Wilson’s Alleged Sex Tape Identified (photos) / Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by danberg: 8:50am On Apr 18, 2021
So, Grace is a divine enablement bestowed on a person. It is assumed that everyone came to this world with a 'talent' ; something they do better than others naturally or a ' something special' about them. As a Christian, God gives you grace in line with His divine purpose in you.

You should observe and identify yours and make good use of it/them.

Mine are;

1. People generally accept my person wherever I go.
2. I look rich even if I put on cheap stuff or unfashionable wears.
3. If you cheat me or treat me shabbily without offense on my part, and I am pained, you are in trouble! I've seen people who did that, lose their jobs or even their business.
4. I have a natural ability to teach/do a presentation and make people understand my subject and love my person.

What is/are yours?

Mods please put on front page.

1 Like

Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by Melancholy(m): 9:47am On Apr 18, 2021
l may not have money today, but things always fine tuned itself to my favour.

All l'm saying is that, the grace on me has always ensure that l'm not embarrassed in life!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by iamDrRhymes(m): 11:04am On Apr 18, 2021
Ladies flock around some particular men. no matter how ugly they are, girls will just be falling upon themselves on them. Yoruba people will say ‘olori obirin’. grin

Is that also a grace? What kind of grace is that one?

1 Like

Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by Kobojunkiee: 1:31pm On Apr 18, 2021
Melancholy:

All l'm saying is that, the grace on me has always ensure that l'm not embarrassed in life!!!
This is what you believe the grace of God refers to? undecided
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by Kobojunkiee: 1:32pm On Apr 18, 2021
danberg:
So, Grace is a divine enablement bestowed on a person. It is assumed that everyone came to this world with a 'talent' ; something they do better than others naturally or a ' something special' about them. As a Christian, God gives you grace in line with His divine purpose in you.

You should observe and identify yours and make good use of it/them.

Mine are;

1. People generally accept my person wherever I go.
2. I look rich even if I put on cheap stuff or unfashionable wears.
3. If you cheat me or treat me shabbily without offense on my part, and I am pained, you are in trouble! I've seen people who did that, lose their jobs or even their business.
4. I have a natural ability to teach/do a presentation and make people understand my subject and love my person.

What is/are yours?
Mods please put on front page.
This is what the grace of God means to you? undecided
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by danberg: 1:42pm On Apr 18, 2021
iamDrRhymes:
Ladies flock around some particular men. no matter how ugly they are, girls will just be falling upon themselves on them. Yoruba people will say ‘olori obirin’. grin

Is that also a grace? What kind of grace is that one?
It is!!
God has a plan for that. Why don't you ask Him? It may be that God wants to use you specially to reach out to women!
Bishop T.D. James has such a great outreach for women known as 'Woman Though Art Loosed'.

Unfortunately, many use it as an occasion to bed as many women as possible, thinking it's an achievement.
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by Kobojunkiee: 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2021
danberg:

It is!!
God has a plan for that. Why don't you ask Him? It may be that God wants to use you specially to reach out to women!
Bishop T.D. James has such a great outreach for women known as 'Woman Though Art Loosed'.

Unfortunately, many use it as an occasion to bed as many women as possible, thinking it's an achievement.
So God's grace on him is that he is a magnet for women? undecided

And the many unbelievers out there that have the same appeal are also graced by God in that way? This is your understanding of God's grace? undecided
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by danberg: 1:52pm On Apr 18, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
This is what the grace of God means to you? undecided
Actually, one of the synonyms of Grace is 'acceptability'. Read my first point again and feel free to share yours. Remember there are several types of graces.

Some are able to turn anything to money even without formal education. Others can persuade the devil himself! Some are graced with infinite patience and tolerance others are not. Some can make a delicious meal out of little, you follow?
This is akin to talent in some respects.
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by Kobojunkiee: 1:57pm On Apr 18, 2021
danberg:

Actually, one of the synonyms of Grace is 'acceptability'. Read my first point again and feel free to share yours. Remember there are several types of graces.

Some are able to turn anything to money even without formal education. Others can persuade the devil himself! Some are graced with infinite patience and tolerance others are not. Some can make a delicious meal out of little, you follow?
This is akin to talent in some respects.
But think on this thing. The Grace of God implies accebility in the sight of God or in the sight of men? undecided

Talent, luck, kismet, jojo... what have any of these to do with God and His grace? undecided
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by danberg: 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
So God's grace on him is that he is a magnet for women? undecided

And the many unbelievers out there that have the same appeal are also graced by God in that way? This is your understanding of God's grace? undecided
Understand that Grace is so very broad and all encompassing! It's a divine influence over a person (Christian or not) which makes certain things happen to him/her with almost no effort!
However, what you do with it as a Christian is important as you would give account to God on the last day.

Bible talks of the Grace of Jesus's Christ which brought us salvation. We made no effort, it was grace! There almost countless other types that men received whether they are conscious of it or not.
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by danberg: 2:07pm On Apr 18, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
But think on this thing. The Grace of God implies accebility in the sight of God or in the sight of men? undecided

Talent, luck, kismet, jojo... what have any of these to do with God and His grace? undecided
Acceptability in the sight of God and men.
There are some similarities but Grace is higher. For example, you may have a natural grace which makes everyone around you want to be in your circle. That's not luck or talent now, is it?
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by Kobojunkiee: 2:08pm On Apr 18, 2021
danberg:

Understand that Grace is so very broad and all encompassing! It's a divine influence over a person (Christian or not) which makes certain things happen to him/her with almost no effort!
However, what you do with it as a Christian is important as you would give account to God on the last day.

Bible talks of the Grace of Jesus's Christ which brought us salvation. We made no effort, it was grace! There almost countless other types that men received whether they are conscious of it or not.
So, the grace of God is on all mankind, and is broad, but the grace of Jesus Christ is not since it simply brings us Salvation? undecided
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by danberg: 2:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
Melancholy:

That is grace!
Someone else who doesn't have such may end up frustrated, depressed or even suicidal.
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by Kobojunkiee: 2:11pm On Apr 18, 2021
danberg:

Acceptability in the sight of God and men.
There are some similarities but Grace is higher. For example, you may have a natural grace which makes everyone around you want to be in your circle. That's not luck or talent now, is it?
Acceptability in the sight of God is what? undecided
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by Kobojunkiee: 2:12pm On Apr 18, 2021
danberg:

That is grace!
Someone else who doesn't have such may end up frustrated, depressed or even suicidal.
So those who are frustrated, depressed or even suicidal are so because they lack the grace of God? undecided
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by danberg: 2:19pm On Apr 18, 2021
Also note that, God personally gives MORE GRACE to the humble generally. James 4:6

Meaning that you get additional grace just for being humble.

Grace should not be mistaken for skill. A person may be a great speaker through training. Another, a well-trained persuasive talker who can squeeze out donations or investments from anyone they come across. I have met one of such people before; he raised over N20 million sharing his ideas with complete strangers over a short period !
Though, some have natural abilities for that.
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by danberg: 2:22pm On Apr 18, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
So those who are frustrated, depressed or even suicidal are so because they lack the grace of God? undecided
That particular type of grace is what they lack.
They need to put in serious effort if they go broke; such as phoning/meeting family and friends, borrowing etc, or there would be trouble.
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by danberg: 2:25pm On Apr 18, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Acceptability in the sight of God is what? undecided
Means you may get away with what some else get dealt with for. Remember God says; "I will have mercy upon whom I will have mercy and compassion on whom I will have compassion ". Romans 9:15
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by Kobojunkiee: 3:03pm On Apr 18, 2021
danberg:

That particular type of grace is what they lack.
They need to put in serious effort if they go broke; such as phoning/meeting family and friends, borrowing etc, or there would be trouble.
So they are losers as far as the grace lottery which you describe here? undecided
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by Kobojunkiee: 3:06pm On Apr 18, 2021
danberg:

Means you may get away with what some else get dealt with for. Remember God says; "I will have mercy upon whom I will have mercy and compassion on whom I will have compassion ". Romans 9:15
So by this you imply that God's word cannot always be trusted, as you suggest there that God is not fair in His judgments? undecided
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by danberg: 3:17pm On Apr 18, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
So they are losers as far as the grace lottery which you describe here? undecided
Look at it this way, using the human body which we all have; some are more endowed in areas others are not. I have a cousin who has big well-built thighs naturally which I covet. I have a big chest making people think I'm fit from weight-lifting.

Same with ladies; you see many on instagram who did surgeries for a body type that another has naturally. Would you term them losers? Well, I don't think so. There's something unique to each one of us. Discover your own, embrace it and most importantly, use it!
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by danberg: 3:24pm On Apr 18, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
So by this you imply that God's word cannot always be trusted, as you suggest there that God is not fair in His judgments? undecided
Where did I imply that? Did you read Romans 9:15? I didn't write the Bible. You can have your arguement with your Maker whenever you go to Him.
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by Kobojunkiee: 5:46pm On Apr 18, 2021
danberg:

Look at it this way, using the human body which we all have; some are more endowed in areas others are not. I have a cousin who has big well-built thighs naturally which I covet. I have a big chest making people think I'm fit from weight-lifting.

Same with ladies; you see many on instagram who did surgeries for a body type that another has naturally. Would you term them losers? Well, I don't think so. There's something unique to each one of us. Discover your own, embrace it and most importantly, use it!

So one who is made handsome by God is graced with handsomeness and one who is has an ugly face is graced with an ugly face by God? undecided

So here again, the purpose of this grace you speak of is as judged by humans and not God. undecided
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by Kobojunkiee: 5:49pm On Apr 18, 2021
danberg:

Where did I imply that? Did you read Romans 9:15? I didn't write the Bible. You can have your arguement with your Maker whenever you go to Him.

Paul's letter to the Jewish Christians in the city of Rome at hjs time is not to be confused with God's Word since Paul never in fact declared "Thus saith the Lord...". undecided
For an idea of the Maker's judgement we have examples where God Himself swears by His name, saying,"...the one who sins will die.", in Ezekiel 18. undecided
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by danberg: 12:36pm On Apr 19, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
So one who is made handsome by God is graced with handsomeness and one who is has an ugly face is graced with an ugly face by God? undecided

So here again, the purpose of this grace you speak of is as judged by humans and not God. undecided
I used our natural bodily differences for illustration purposes only. Nowhere did I ascribe our bodily features to Grace.

1 Like

Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by danberg: 12:41pm On Apr 19, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Paul's letter to the Jewish Christians in the city of Rome at hjs time is not to be confused with God's Word since Paul never in fact declared "Thus saith the Lord...". undecided
For an idea of the Maker's judgement we have examples where God Himself swears by His name, saying,"...the one who sins will die.", in Ezekiel 18. undecided
If only you read that scripture (Rom 9:15), you would have seen that Paul was quoting from Exodus 33:19.
Oh, and these were God's own spoken words written in the first person.
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by Kobojunkiee: 2:09pm On Apr 19, 2021
danberg:

If only you read that scripture (Rom 9:15), you would have seen that Paul was quoting from Exodus 33:19.
Oh, and these were God's own spoken words written in the first person.
I was trying to follow along with your line of reasoning there that proposes that because God shows mercy to anyone He will implies God pardons some errors based on the person's "grace" and condemns others who are less fortunate, grace-wise, undecided

I know they are God's words, what I don't know of is your particular interpretation of God's Word. undecided
Re: What Grace Have You Identified With You? Share Yours. by Kobojunkiee: 2:13pm On Apr 19, 2021
danberg:

I used our natural bodily differences for illustration purposes only. Nowhere did I ascribe our bodily features to Grace.
Ok, so a person's "giftedness" is God's grace to such a one? undecided.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Won’t Break Up, TB Joshua Assures [VIDEO] / Share The Testimony, Put The Devil To Shame! / Message To The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.