Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass (1378 Views)

Lagosians File Out Enmass To Welcome Tinubu As He Pays Visit To Oba Of Lagos / Atiku Shot Himself In Foot: People Voting Enmass For Tinubu In Sympathy / Oyo State Npower Beneficiaries Turn Up Enmass For APC And PMB. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2021
With looming economic hardship and dwindling resources in the country coupled with government incompetence. Why are people still giving birth to many children. Is it that we just love to suffer or what

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by LordIsaac(m): 1:32pm On Apr 18, 2021
Overpopulation of unproductive humans is the greatest bane of this country. Institutions of state can no longer cope with with these mass of people made up of Bolo Haram, Bandits, educated illiterate, corrupt workforce and leadership, amongst others.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by ArewaWife(m): 1:36pm On Apr 18, 2021
LordIsaac:
Overpopulation of unproductive humans is the greatest bane of this country. Institutions of state can no longer cope with with these mass of people made up of Bolo Haram, Bandits, educated illiterate, corrupt workforce and leadership, amongst others.

Exactly 'unproductive population'. Even china had to control population when it got to a point and this is a country with a highly skilled population.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:42pm On Apr 18, 2021
Nigerians are too optimistic considering the society they live in. They have the idea of God will help them or somehow their own situation will be different from others. To bring up a child on a salary of even 500k isn't easy yet how many people earn that. How many people in Nigeria earn more than 100k a month which is just 200 USD a fucking month. Where exactly in this world will 200 USD for a month be enough to bring up a child. Those even 100k jobs are only in Lagos. In the majority of states in Nigeria it will be a miracle to see a job of 50k a month talk less of 100k yet some people feel theirs will be different.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by yomi007k(m): 1:47pm On Apr 18, 2021
I have been saying this to people both online and offline since 2014 but they always shun me and tell me "God will take care of the children/God will do it".
Even my blood brother told me the same thing.

Now reality is setting in...

I will tell them the same they told me; "God will take care of the Children/God will do it"

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by Romanoff(f): 1:50pm On Apr 18, 2021
My husband just complained of this same thing yesterday.

He said junior staff in his organisation who earn 80k and below will just be popping out kids.

Once madam born, they will now come to his office to say "Mr so so and so, our wife done born again o). They are looking for money from you.

After calculating the amount of such money he gives out, it amounts to roughly 25-30k monthly. My guy done lock up o. No more giving them money to encourage their irresponsibility.

Having 4kids on an 80k salary.

What kind of life do you want to give them?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by ArewaWife(m): 1:55pm On Apr 18, 2021
yomi007k:
I have been saying this to people both online and offline since 2014 but they always shun me and tell me "God will take care of the children/God will do it".
Even my blood brother told me the same thing.

Now reality is setting in...

I will tell them the same they told me; "God will take care of the Children/God will do it"

So many even educated people don't understand the concept of planning their lives. As a Nigerian you know things haven't been moving smoothly for you, you can't stop at two children, you'll give birth to 3, 4,5. After you'll start disturbing your family members or friends for money when you are broke. People don't understand that they should endeavour to enjoy life, not working and struggling to pay school fees and the care of children

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by Karleb(m): 2:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
Romanoff:
My husband just complained of this same thing yesterday.

He said junior staff in his organisation who earn 80k and below will just be popping out kids.

Once madam born, they will now come to his office to say "Mr so so and so, our wife done born again o). They are looking for money from you.

After calculating his much of such money he gives out weekly, it amounts to roughly 25-30k. My guy done lock up o. No more giving them money to encourage their irresponsibility.

Having 4kids on an 80k salary.

What kind of life do you want to give them?

grin

There is a lady in my neighborhood, she has 6 kids. Her first born is not upto 10.

Their gross income (husband and wife) in a month is not upto to 30k.

I don't even pity her.

I was talking about this in church today, these people should just go for vasectomy and hysterectomy. If you factor in what it takes to raise a kid in this Buhari economy, they should be taking those options.

Even my own parents are guilty of this. These are educated people o. Their only saving grace is the gap between us.

grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by yomi007k(m): 2:05pm On Apr 18, 2021
ArewaWife:

So many even educated people don't understand the concept of planning their lives. As a Nigerian you know things haven't been moving smoothly for you, you can't stop at two children, you'll give birth to 3, 4,5. After you'll start disturbing your family members or friends for money when you are broke. People don't understand that they should endeavour to enjoy life, not working and struggling to pay school fees and the care of children

I swear...you don talk everything finish
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by cooooooks(m): 2:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
Religion encourages it, culture encourages it.

People don't see the benefit of careful upbringing. What's the point of all that effort if they must do yahoo or politics to survive?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by Romanoff(f): 2:12pm On Apr 18, 2021
ArewaWife:

Four children in present day Nigeria is even too much.

You'll pay rent, utility bills, monthly feeding, school fees/child care. Your wife will also have to support so you won't die with too much load. In all of these, when do you want to have your own house, savings and also enjoy life by going on vacations or couple's retreat.

5 years after marriage, both will be looking 20 years older and the children are a thin line from being malnourished.

Wisdom is profitable to direct abeg.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by Validated: 2:42pm On Apr 18, 2021
Aboki no send ... just like lizards, they born and send them to the street to beg. Most almajiri you see have no surmane. Their surnames are the name of their locality. Danfulani, Maikano, alSudani, Umaru Sokoto, Isa Pantami, etc.
For example, Isa Pantami is from Pantami village in Gombe.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by habsydiamond(m): 3:26pm On Apr 18, 2021
Illiteracy is the major reason behind this... A grown-up man should be able to know the number of children his salary can accommodate.. Only and ignorant people will keep on reproducing as if he is a layer chicken in a poultry

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by lonecatt(m): 3:31pm On Apr 18, 2021
Funny enough given birth is one of the few human activities that wasn't affected by covid19
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 18, 2021
1. Redirect your question to INDIA grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 18, 2021
2. Redirect your question to CHINA grin grin

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by ArewaWife(m): 3:36pm On Apr 18, 2021
Frontail:
Redirect your question to CHINA grin grin

Can you compare the quality and skill of the Chinese population to nigeria?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 18, 2021
habsydiamond:
Illiteracy is the major reason behind this... A grown-up man should be able to know the number of children his salary can accommodate.. Only and ignorant people will keep on reproducing as if he is a layer chicken in a poultry
many doing it are educated people tho
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 18, 2021
grin grin grin. India

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by 7lives: 4:21pm On Apr 18, 2021
Validated:
Aboki no send ... just like lizards, they born and send them to the street to beg. Most almajiri you see have no surmane. Their surnames are the name of their locality. Danfulani, Maikano, alSudani, Umaru Sokoto, Isa Pantami, etc.
For example, Isa Pantami is from Pantami village in Gombe.

See this one o, na only aboki dey born plenty?.
Easterners and the middle belters wey dey line children up like staircase nko?
Those apprentice, house boy, house maid, servant wey dem dey send come Ragos from virage grin grin grin na Aboki born dem too?..
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by orisa37: 5:42pm On Apr 18, 2021
WE WANT OUR OWN CHILDREN NOT MACBAN AND BOKOHARAM TO SURVIVE US ON OUR LAND.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by edoairways: 5:51pm On Apr 18, 2021
Ignorance is the root cause
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by fineboynl(m): 6:07pm On Apr 18, 2021
they said marriage carries blessing before they entered. next they said children carries blessing and they start comparing with some people who had luck after marriage. next they will say some child bring good luck hence the search continues. nigeria is one country were people look for unmerited favor.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by Nobody: 6:18pm On Apr 18, 2021
Keep doing family planning while those who will take over your territory don’t give a damn about your economic concerns. They give birth without control. Soon Europe will be taken over by those who know the power of numbers. Southern Nigeria should keep doing family planning o in the name of civilization and until eye clear them.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by Romanoff(f): 6:28pm On Apr 18, 2021
lexio:
Keep doing family planning while those who will take over your territory don’t give a damn about your economic concerns. They give birth without control. Soon Europe will be taken over by those who know the power of numbers. Southern Nigeria should keep doing family planning o in the name of civilization and until eye clear them.

One of them spotted.

Check the ratio of those leaving the country, North versus South.

We go soon leave this ticking time bomb for Una.

No be every body come world come suffer.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by TrueNigerian300: 6:38pm On Apr 18, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Nigerians are too optimistic considering the society they live in. They have the idea of God will help them or somehow their own situation will be different from others. To bring up a child on a salary of even 500k isn't easy yet how many people earn that. How many people in Nigeria earn more than 100k a month which is just 200 USD a fucking month. Where exactly in this world will 200 USD for a month be enough to bring up a child. Those even 100k jobs are only in Lagos. In the majority of states in Nigeria it will be a miracle to see a job of 50k a month talk less of 100k yet some people feel theirs will be different.

The bolded is the greatest enemy of nigerians. Nigerians believe God will come to their rescue even if they have not done their own part.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by habsydiamond(m): 7:13pm On Apr 18, 2021
Lagbaja88:
many doing it are educated people tho
I hope you know we have educated illiterates.. Those that pass through school but school didn't pass through them
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by dollytino4real(f): 7:22pm On Apr 18, 2021
money no dey make dem no still fork too!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 18, 2021
Romanoff:

One of them spotted.

Check the ratio of those leaving the country, North versus South.

We go soon leave this ticking time bomb for Una.

No be every body come world come suffer.

One of whom? I guess you mistook me for someone else.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by Skillsnigeria: 9:12pm On Apr 18, 2021

The matter don tired me,I have many of them here, even a gateman that is earning 20k monthly,already have a wife with 4 kids and also living in a one room face me I face apartment.since many of them no wan get sense,I don leave them make Dem dey enjoy their sufferness.the Lord will deliver them
Re: Why Are Nigerians Still Giving Birth Enmass by Ajibade123(m): 10:40pm On Apr 18, 2021
I disagree that only illiterate do this

one of my old female friend recently told me she would be getting married soon to her fashion designer boyfriend....and as a good friend I told her that she should go for family planning immediately after the engagement. Do you know her Reply...She said God forbid immediately as if I just lay curse on her...she said she can never go for family planning because she just don't like it, so I asked her how she intend to control child birth since she is against condoms for married people too...her response was that her body will not produce the child if she doesn't want it at the moment...she said for example right now she is sexually active with her partner and she doesn't get pregnant because she doesn't want it yet

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soldiers, Others Invade IPOB Lawyer's House At 2.30am, Take Him To Undisclosed L / I Just Finished Reading The Biafran Fundamental Principle And Policy / ‘How Fulani Repel, Send Suspected Bandits Out Of Iwoland’ - Oluwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.