Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:09 AM

How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri (6838 Views)

Why Village People Kill A Lot Of Africans By Reno Omokri / The Allegory In The Garden Of Eden Account Of The Fall Of Man By Reno Omokri / The Yoruba Origins Of The Name Moses (not The Man Moses) - By Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by Pastorfavourdes: 8:32pm On Apr 18, 2021
How To Create an Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence in Nigeria

Nigerian Christians and Muslims are very much the problem of Nigeria. In fact some atheists are better than them. You can reject a religion without hating those who practice it. Once we understand that, Nigeria will progress. God’s religion is love. You can’t love God and hate man!

Many Nigerian Christians and Muslims do not even realise that their choice of religion is not even their choice. It is an illusion of choice. Their parents were Christians or Muslims, and that is all they have ever known. And on the basis of this faux choice, they hate practitioners of other religion.

Learn from the parable of the Good Samaritan. When the Jewish traveler was attacked by robbers, first a Jewish priest, then a Levite passed, and refused to help the Jew, until a Samaritan passed by.

The reason most people do not appreciate this account, is because they do not know how the Jews regard Samaritans. If a Samaritan as much as touches a Jew, that Jew will become ceremonially unclean. Samaritans were despised by Jews.

Look at Nigeria. Imam Abubakar Abdullahi rescued almost 300 Christians from Muslim Fulanis who were on a revenge mission. Imam Abubakar Abdullahi proved that his religion is love, the same religion practiced by God.

What about Femi Otedola. He is a Christian from Lagos. Lagos is the richest place in West Africa. He is a billionaire. He donated $14 million to Internally Displaced Persons in Borno. There are Muslim billionaires in Borno who have not donated even 1% of that money to help their own people.

Otedola proved that his religion is love.

What about Anja Ringgren Lovén? She is an atheist. Yet, when a Nigerian Christian family threw out their own three year old boy, because a fiery pastor told them he was a witch child, she adopted him and loved him as her own child.

Anja Ringgren Lovén proved that her religion is love.

Christianity and Islam will die here on Earth. It is only love that exists in God’s Kingdom. How do I know this? Because God is love. That much is attested to by every religion on Earth. But most importantly, it is attested by one verse in Scripture-John 3:16.

That verse says “God so loved the world”.

Think about that. It did not say God so loved the Jews. Or God so loved the Hebrews. Or God so loved the Arabs. Or God so loved the Cushite. Or God so loved the Christian. No. God loves you. And if God loves you, but you hate me, then you also hate who God loves, because God loves me.

In fact, the word Christian was never uttered by Christ. Christ came to reconcile man to God. You can be a practicing Christian, but if you are not reconciled to God, you do not have Christ. And if you hate Muslims, then you are not reconciled to God, because Scripture says we are to “have a conscience without offense toward God and men”-Acts 24:16.

Hating a person who hates you first is not an excuse before God. God expects you to love always. The only thing we are permitted to hate is evil.

I think the National Youth Service Corp is a splendid idea. However, it is not enough for a country like Nigeria. If I had my way, every Christian NYSC Corp Member must compulsorily take and pass a course in Islamic Religious Knowledge, and every Muslim NYSC Corp Member must compulsorily take and pass a course in Christian Religious Knowledge before they can get the discharge certificates.

That course should include the history of how Christians and Muslims coexisted peacefully in the Christian empire of Aksum, in modern day Ethiopia, 1400 years ago. If we could coexist 1400 years ago, what has happened in the intervening years to make coexistence difficult?

I believe the answer lies with religious fundamentalism, rather than religious understanding.

Nigerians need to understand religious empathy, which is different from religious sympathy. That I empathise with your religion means that though I do not accept it, I nevertheless have sufficiently educated myself about it, so I can understand you and better relate with you.

May God help Nigerians and may God prevent religious war from ever erupting in Nigeria. Because, it may be worse than the Rwandan genocide. God forbid!

https://www.facebook.com/111647580740689/posts/238846011354178/

Reno Omokri

Gospeller. Deep Thinker. #1 Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Avid traveller. Hollywood Magazine Film Festival Humanitarian of the Year, 2019.

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by peggywebbs(f): 9:57pm On Apr 18, 2021
All this is unnecessary... there can't be religious tolerance. Why? Because religion is really not the problem.

Christians disagree with themselves hence the springing up of different churches everyday with different doctrines.

Muslims disagree with themselves, some want to reform the religion while others believe in its core principles.. there's the Sunni and Shia also.

Atheists even disagree with themselves.. there's the agnostic atheist and the other one that believes there's God but doesn't believe something I can't remember, I call them partial atheists.

The point is people disagree on everything religion, politics, ethics, culture, language, ideology, philosophy, history, even colours. We fight about anything and everything. We have different view points.

Some want to impose their theories and principles on others, some like to keep it inside and are not too vocal, while some pretend they are alright with others imposing their ideas on them even though they don't agree.

If religion wasn't there something else would still cause division. To me tolerance is an individual decision but it is difficult for there to be tolerance when a particular religion promotes violence.

If it explicitly and directly tells its followers to kill those who don't agree with them ,that is not a religion, that is an inciteful document which the world has refused to talk about. Now some will follow that religion and their conscience will tell them killing is wrong and we should be tolerant while some will read the same document and carry it out word for word. That is a conscious decision. The document gives them justification to commit crime.

It's not enough to tell people to be tolerant when the other preaches violence. It just can't work, the two cannot coexist. One will always be a threat to the other.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by Splendor4(m): 9:18am On Apr 19, 2021
absolute truth, religious is just a selfish practicem. some people would rather work with an atheist than a religious Person, they're just too crafty.. why would u hate another man because of they practice other religions.. I love how Reno talks about the parable of the good Samaritan.. that parable is one of the parable that talks about love for the other.. as we individual we see the other as enemy.. that's why Nigeria can't progress because of difference like tribe, language and culture .

1 Like

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by Tigaromil: 9:19am On Apr 19, 2021
Nigerian Christians and Muslims are very much the problem of Nigeria. In fact some atheists are better than them. You can reject a religion without hating those who practice it. Once we understand that, Nigeria will progress. God’s religion is love. You can’t love God and hate man!
I agree with this

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by Matheusmartin: 9:19am On Apr 19, 2021
U can't coexist with people of Islam... Especially when they are the majority..

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by ChiefOloye(m): 9:19am On Apr 19, 2021
Werey dey disguise. Who was he saying all of these sermon to, was it in a church congregation, or one of his wasteful social media gaffes?
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by IMASTEX: 9:19am On Apr 19, 2021
Nnamalyk:
Visit the website on my signature to learn how to recover all your sports betting losses. 100% guaranteed
Very generous of you, Nigeria need more of your kinds. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:20am On Apr 19, 2021
Bbb
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by ictjobber: 9:20am On Apr 19, 2021
As a web developer I always prefer working with unbelievers to religious people.

The Former always pay on time but the latter
will kill you with we are hoping on the lord.

1 Like

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by Bossil(m): 9:21am On Apr 19, 2021
Pastor Reno.
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by PrinceofHCI(m): 9:21am On Apr 19, 2021
WONDERFUL!
What i don't seem to understand is, what Islamic variant or version is practiced in the UAE?
Is it the original version and the 2.0 or the 3.0 is practiced here?

2 Likes

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by lekki1444: 9:21am On Apr 19, 2021
says this while living abroad

1 Like

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by blamingthedevil: 9:21am On Apr 19, 2021
The jobless fugitive idiot has started his subtle campaign of selling Atiku his pay master after cashing out Leah Sharibu forgetting that some of the Chibok girls are still missing.

Even in Christianity,there is no religious harmony.... different denominations and doctrines

2 Likes

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by DSC7: 9:21am On Apr 19, 2021
Reno must be a NLander......

All his threads hits FP......

1 Like

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by leofab(f): 9:22am On Apr 19, 2021
Blamingthedevil is always blaming..
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by President99: 9:22am On Apr 19, 2021
Pastorfavourdes:

https://www.facebook.com/111647580740689/posts/238846011354178/

Reno Omokri

Gospeller. Deep Thinker. #1 Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Avid traveller. Hollywood Magazine Film Festival Humanitarian of the Year, 2019.
It gives Isah Pantami happiness when Christians are killed

1 Like

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by KingKingKing: 9:23am On Apr 19, 2021
I'm a Christian I have no problem with Muslims.. I think Yorubas In the South west should be studied.. How they have coexisted without killing or hating each other despite having a large number of Christians and Muslims should be commended.

If you want to liberate a Nation from religious fanaticism then Educate your people. Education is a very string tool.. But when u begin to impoverish your people and you take Education away from them then there's problem...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by Cousin9999: 9:23am On Apr 19, 2021
Why should people co-exist with terrorists and degenerates?

2 Likes

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by BlessedNuel: 9:24am On Apr 19, 2021
Nice piece

1 Like

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by Ajibade123(m): 9:24am On Apr 19, 2021
Abegi Northerner Muslim will never agree to this... those people are long gone and brainwashed

2 Likes

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by blamingthedevil: 9:24am On Apr 19, 2021
leofab:
Blamingthedevil is always blaming..

1 Like

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by Grace001: 9:25am On Apr 19, 2021
Mmmmm
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by MansoryMX(m): 9:25am On Apr 19, 2021
Reno there is no such thing as religion co-existence. For Islam it’s either conquer or be conquered. Stop deceiving people who think they can co-exist with Muslims! Islambad people don’t co-exist!

2 Likes

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by DirectlyPURPLE: 9:25am On Apr 19, 2021
Nice
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by fasho01(m): 9:26am On Apr 19, 2021
Religion isn't a problem, it's a tool being used

1 Like

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by seyz91(m): 9:28am On Apr 19, 2021
confirm!

you said it all
peggywebbs:
All this is unnecessary... there can't be religious tolerance. Why? Because religion is really not the problem.

Christians disagree with themselves hence the springing up of different churches everyday with different doctrines.

Muslims disagree with themselves, some want to reform the religion while others believe in its core principles.. there's the Sunni and Shia also.

Atheists even disagree with themselves.. there's the agnostic atheist and the other one that believes there's God but doesn't believe something I can't remember, I call them partial atheists.

The point is people disagree on everything religion, politics, ethics, culture, language, ideology, philosophy, history, even colours. We fight about anything and everything. We have different view points.

Some want to impose their theories and principles on others, some like to keep it inside and are not too vocal, while some pretend they are alright with others imposing their ideas on them even though they don't agree.

If religion wasn't there something else would still cause division. To me tolerance is an individual decision but it is difficult for there to be tolerance when a particular religion promotes violence.

If it explicitly and directly tells its followers to kill those who don't agree with them ,that is not a religion, that is an inciteful document which the world has refused to talk about. Now some will follow that religion and their conscience will tell them killing is wrong and we should be tolerant while some will read the same document and carry it out word for word. That is a conscious decision. The document gives them justification to commit crime.

It's not enough to tell people to be tolerant when the other preaches violence. It just can't work, the two cannot coexist. One will always be a threat to the other.
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 19, 2021
Hypocrite.

The same man preaching tolerance is the same man preaching hate.

Check out some of his tweets.

Wasn't he the one that called out the religion of the journalist who wrote the article about kemi adeosun nysc forgery

3 Likes

Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by Daum: 9:30am On Apr 19, 2021
The government is the problem
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by mohd001: 9:31am On Apr 19, 2021
peggywebbs:

great.. too much of fact!
Re: How To Create An Atmosphere For Religious Co-Existence In Nigeria By Reno Omokri by Empiree: 9:34am On Apr 19, 2021
Matheusmartin:
U can't coexist with people of Islam... Especially when they are the majority..
This is someone to coexist with?. This is a proof that there can never be full coexistence as long as there are people like this in our midst. Look at this fool posted these kind of images while op is trying to sense of unity in the country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Real Reason Pastor Sam Adeyemi Relocates To USA Revealed / Td Snakes, Eddie Long Dong, Creflo Naira, Oledepo, Pastor Tithe, Rev Moola / Catholic Bishops Warn Members Against Endorsing Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.