Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,920 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League (36585 Views)

Super League Is Back On As Court Rules UEFA Cannot Sanction Clubs Involved / UEFA Changed The Formation Of Their Team Of The Year To Accommodate Ronaldo. / AC Milan Banned From European Football By UEFA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by JustCruise(m): 7:01am On Apr 19, 2021
Anytime you hear the word "Founding" just know that Britain/America have a hand in it and it won't end well for FIFA/UEFA,if they succeed.

3 Likes

Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by bluefilm: 7:07am On Apr 19, 2021
Nonsense lipsrsealed
Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by DivineDynamics: 7:10am On Apr 19, 2021
Let us live our lives in line with the teaching of the Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by Nobody: 7:12am On Apr 19, 2021
Dangote will not be able to afford to buy Arsenal if this plan goes ahead.
Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by Fragility6: 7:16am On Apr 19, 2021
CSTRR:
Juventus has officially exited the European football association.

Interesting times for football.
True?
Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by Lagoon0: 7:16am On Apr 19, 2021
ibnlawal:
A very cynical and disgusting plan spearheaded by one of the most greedy and corrupt fellows. I was happy my beloved Manchester City didn't join buh eventually they did. I'm gutted!
It should be boycotted by all means, this isn't football anymore. And if it eventually goes through, then it's time to become a Leeds United fan. I kuku fucking love them tele tele
And you must not change mouth later

1 Like

Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by Rolexjerry(m): 7:23am On Apr 19, 2021
Afam4eva:
They sha want to turn Arsenal to Sheffield Utd in that league.
You no well
Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by Topmaike007(m): 7:23am On Apr 19, 2021
CSTRR:
And there is nothing FIFA can do about it.

These are the biggest clubs in the world making a capitalistic move.

FIFA and UEFA will have to back down.

It's nothing personal, it's just business.
I said the same thing at the previous thread
Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by Rolexjerry(m): 7:25am On Apr 19, 2021
Humanoid01:
I like this, the competition will be very fierce and unpredictable. Having the same group of teams winning their respective leagues every season is getting boring. There should be an elite league for the big guns which should provide constant entertainment for fans, just as it us in the Dream league soccer game. I've always dreamed of this and now that it's about to happen, I support it totally. I can't wait for its commencement.
Are u a dream league live player?
Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by uunwanaobong3: 7:26am On Apr 19, 2021
ibnlawal:
A very cynical and disgusting plan spearheaded by one of the most greedy and corrupt fellows. I was happy my beloved Manchester City didn't join buh eventually they did. I'm gutted!
It should be boycotted by all means, this isn't football anymore. And if it eventually goes through, then it's time to become a Leeds United fan. I kuku fucking love them tele tele
MY GUY I AM IN SEVERE SHOCK AND ANIMATED TO SEE MANCITY JOINNING THIS GROUP OF GREEDY CLUBS DESPITE WHAT THEY DID TO US USING FINANCIAL FAIR PLAY.
MANCITY SHOULD KNOW BETTER, RIGHT FROM OUR HUMBLE BEGINNING AND NOW THIS? I AM SINCERELY DISAPPOINTED AT MANCITY. MY HEART IS BROKEN.
I AM SORRY I OVER-TRUSTED YOUR SINCERITY.
WOW, HOW MAN UTD, MADRID AND LIVERPOOL TAKE CONVINCE MANCITY TO JOIN THIS? IT BAFFLES ME
Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 19, 2021
This is a greedy idea..promoting failure...just to mk more money ,and suffer players

1 Like

Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by Topmaike007(m): 7:28am On Apr 19, 2021
iampeterben:
This is bad news to the football fraternity as Coach Ogordor will always say, why would Real Madrid even join them in this rubbish. Come to think that the president of this game spoiler is Florentino Perez.
Has UEFA disrespected anyone for these guys to come up with this kinda move?
oga leave grammar.. The year UCL was created UEFA and fifa did not have hand in it and today everyone are watching it.
Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by 8stargeneral: 7:30am On Apr 19, 2021
No see much different BTW this and champions league though...Not a good idea.
Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by Shattuck(m): 7:34am On Apr 19, 2021
this is harsh oh, the champions league provided opportunity for smaller teams to aspire to the top.

1 Like

Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by SmartyPants(m): 7:39am On Apr 19, 2021
Sunnycliff:
Na the end of the joy of football be this. Selfishness is everywhere. Please they should just hand Arsenal the Super League Cup for the beginning. They have so longed for European Cup.

Meanwhile, na players go hear am. Imagine playing your domestic league, domestic cup, maybe europa Cup, champions league and super league again... Your body go tell you.

Meanwhile, na fans go de spend more. Everything na game and business

They won't play Champions League.
Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by Lamasta(m): 7:43am On Apr 19, 2021
FIFA and UEFA should go and sit down and allow the major stakeholders to do their job.
Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by uunwanaobong3: 7:43am On Apr 19, 2021
Afam4eva:

SAVAGERY, HAHAHAHA, ARSENAL CAN'T EVEN WIN CARLING CUP NA SUPER LEAGUE THEM WANT GO WIN?
I SWEAR THEY WILL BE RELEGATED IN THEIR FIRST SEASON.

THIS SUPER LEAGUE COMPITITION DON FINALLY KILL CARLING CUP, BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY A CLUB LIKE MANCITY CAN ENGAGE IN 5 COMPETITION AT THE SAME TIME.

THERE IS NOTHING FIFA AND UEFA CAN DO, BECAUSE THESE ARE THE BEST AND BIGGEST CLUBS IN THE WORLD AND THEY POSSES THE BIGGEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD, IF YOU BAN THEM THEN THERE IS NO FOOTBALL OR WORLD CUP.
AS FOR THIS SUPER LEAGUE, MANCITY WIL BE WINNING IT EVERY YEAR.
BUT I AM DISAPPOINTED WITH MANCITY FOR BEING PART OF THIS NONSENSE, OUR HUMBLE BEGINNING SHOULD HAVE TAUGHT Us ALOT
Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by mechanics(m): 8:00am On Apr 19, 2021
It will be fight to finish, all the club's will make sure they win in their respective groups.

1 Like

Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by uunwanaobong3: 8:05am On Apr 19, 2021
America, america, america,....
After destroying their local sport with political wokeness, Now they want to destroy european football too....... If european football want to survive, they should reject this trojan horse from americans... Very soon the super league will be filled with taking a knee, racism, wokeism, critical race theory teachings, gay and lesbian, cancel culture, leftism etc and football might become secondary.

American and their greedy quest for global dominance.... Imagine indoctrinating over 4 billion football loving fans world into critical race theory and democrat lefty agenda using football, that is their plan.

2 Likes

Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by godquality: 8:08am On Apr 19, 2021
If this succeed, who's to say another group won't want to form a different League and call it Heroes League or villain League (since super is already taken). This will only lead to chaos. These clubs are only greedy regardless of how to try to sell this idea to us. In what universe is Tottenham or AC Milan super?
Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by Topmaike007(m): 8:12am On Apr 19, 2021
uunwanaobong3:

MY GUY I AM IN SEVERE SHOCK AND ANIMATED TO SEE MANCITY JOINNING THIS GROUP OF GREEDY CLUBS DESPITE WHAT THEY DID TO US USING FINANCIAL FAIR PLAY.
MANCITY SHOULD KNOW BETTER, RIGHT FROM OUR HUMBLE BEGINNING AND NOW THIS? I AM SINCERELY DISAPPOINTED AT MANCITY. MY HEART IS BROKEN.
I AM SORRY I OVER-TRUSTED YOUR SINCERITY.
WOW, HOW MAN UTD, MADRID AND LIVERPOOL TAKE CONVINCE MANCITY TO JOIN THIS? IT BAFFLES ME
if man City no join, you go sponsor them? Because last time I check UEFA and fifa are the ones using this clubs to make huge money while they the club struggle to compete in this pandemic Era

1 Like

Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 19, 2021
Lol uefa can only talk
If they ban this top clubs from Europe
UEFA is finished
These are the big teams that generate money for uefa in case you don’t know
An additional 8 teams would be joining them soon,as it is proposed to be a 20 team league

1 Like

Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by Topmaike007(m): 8:17am On Apr 19, 2021
godquality:
If this succeed, who's to say another group won't want to form a different League and call it Heroes League or villain League (since super is already taken). This will only lead to chaos. These clubs are only greedy regardless of how to try to sell this idea to us. In what universe is Tottenham or AC Milan super?
you must be novice to football to say who make Ac Milan super.. The amount of fans Ac Milan controls in the whole world Man city don't have Quater of it...

Respect Rioseneri the Red and black devil the rightful prince of Sansiro..

Till the next 50yrs Man city, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham combine will never eqaul that 7ucl of Milan

2 Likes

Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 19, 2021
maasoap:

What do you mean by "QATAR OF ALL COUNTRIES"?
BTW: your comment from the beginning to the end is nothing but trash that doesn't make any sense.

Thanks for asking him. I hope he will make his reason known.

some people go just open mouth talk. qatar of qll cpuntries he ia referring to is also an oil producing state like nigeria, they have been preparing for this since 2010, go and see the mighty things they have done. i was waiting for him to respond first before attacking him like dog wey get rabies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by Athemisia: 8:24am On Apr 19, 2021
Reference:

If they ban all those clubs mentioned banks, corporate sponsors will abandon the game of soccer in droves.

FIFA/UEFA watched as clubs evolved from amateur weekend only entities to become self supporting, professional establishments in the 30's 40's and 50's.

FIFA/UEFA watched as clubs exchanged their supoorters ownership structures for corporate identities in the 70"s, 80's and 90's.

FIFA/UEFA watched as billionaire moneybags from the west, oligarchs from the east and oil sheikhs from the middle grabbed elite soccer by the jugular stating two decades ago.

FIFA/UEFA have stood idly by watching the pussycat turn into a 300 pound ferocious feline. What exactly did they expect. What did they think would happen when they sold their birthright in handing Qatar, Qatar OF ALL COUNTRIES the hosting right to the 2022 World Cup.

They shamelessly made a stand for money and now it is tearing all world soccer apart. Everyone wants to leverage on his strength and grab as much as possible. Covid has shown that Papa FIFA cares for himself only. The kids want to fend for themselves.

Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by Isobug: 8:30am On Apr 19, 2021
hustla:

Arsenal has more trophies than Chelsea if im not mistaken grin

What's this buzz about Arsenal being in the league, In reality, Arsenal has far more trophies than Chelsea. I mean what makes a club big? Is it not trophies won and how dominating they were at one stage or the other plus financial worth. I'm not an Arsenal fan but any good football fan should know Arsenal is a big club. Financial worth, There are always on Top 10 every year. Call a spade a spade

1 Like

Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by Athemisia: 8:31am On Apr 19, 2021
uunwanaobong3:
America, america, america,....
After destroying their local sport with political wokeness, Now they want to destroy european football too....... If european football want to survive, they should reject this trojan horse from americans... Very soon the super league will be filled with taking a knee, racism, wokeism, critical race theory teachings, gay and lesbian, cancel culture, leftism etc and football might become secondary.

American and their greedy quest for global dominance.... Imagine indoctrinating over 4 billion football loving fans world into critical race theory and democrat lefty agenda using football, that is their plan.
you well so

Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by anenymasng(m): 8:35am On Apr 19, 2021
CSTRR:
And there is nothing FIFA can do about it.

These are the biggest clubs in the world making a capitalistic move.

FIFA and UEFA will have to back down.

It's nothing personal, it's just business.

Na only you get brain for all the comments so far.

Even FIFA and UEFA are just fighting for their own pockets. Laslas everyone come to an agreement as it's just business.

1 Like

Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by tonididdy(m): 8:36am On Apr 19, 2021
As much as we love football and badass top team fixtures.

This move is strictly for the 12 clubs to hammer and become untouchable in terms of the transfer market. Who would want to sign for Newcastle or Everton when they don't get to play the super league.

For me it's a selfish and extortionist move. It's seems desperate and power drunk

They could have just left it as the preseason tournament it has always been
Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by Igbojihadist: 8:48am On Apr 19, 2021
Afam4eva:
no be lie i dont think my man u will make it
Re: Major European Football Clubs Announce Formation Of Super League by tonididdy(m): 8:50am On Apr 19, 2021
I don't think arsenal deserves to be there undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Marseille Fans Celebrating PSG's Defeat (Videos & Pictures) / Victor Moses Wins Premier League Player of the Month Award for November / Leicester City Vs Manchester United (0 - 2) On 26th July 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.