Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,693 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons (49586 Views)

This Single Picture Shows The Harsh But Sad Reality Of Life (photo) / Help!!! This Single Mother Wants To Finish Me… / This Single Picture Shows How Stupid Men Are (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by Zendinho(m): 12:38pm On Apr 24, 2021
[quote author=Hassanmaye post=101074567]
Bad boy

Am happy to see my brother..... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by HappyCanadian: 12:39pm On Apr 24, 2021
Toks2008:

You did well bro.

As a guy it is either your spec or die single. I don't believe in all those shitty talks of behaviour over spec. You can get your spec with the type of behaviour you can at least tolerate.

I had that issue too where people were wondering why i was still single despite my good looks bla bla bla but i tried to tell them that i have not found my spec but i was just sounding like a broken record to them.

Any guy who is married to a lady that is not his spec especially physically, will either end up fantasising over his spec for the rest of his marital life or may end up having a side chic that matches his spec. But when you get your spec, it will be very difficult for you to even contemplate cheating on her.
Bro, oil dey your head cheesy
Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by HappyCanadian: 12:40pm On Apr 24, 2021
BareFacedLies:

They all come with challenges... it's the degree that differs
Yea, but I always pray not to meet dramatic women grin

1 Like

Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by dustydee: 12:41pm On Apr 24, 2021
HappyCanadian:
Hey Guys,

I created this thread to thank and update you guys how my strong closeness with the single mother ended after receiving advice here....
Previous thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6477303/how-leave-single-mother-without

Before I start I want to correct the negative impression a lot of you had thinking I was chatting with her in Nigeria> FYI me and her live in the same city in Canada but I met her through a popular dating site.

[/b] grin

#Respect to the Mods & Nairalanders

You met her though a dating site and you were not expecting a relationship? You should have backed out from day 1.

4 Likes

Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by HappyCanadian: 12:52pm On Apr 24, 2021
Heathrow44:

Leave the mumu op, that woman showed high sense of maturity & understanding!!

@HappyCanadian pls I want t ask u a question In ur experience do u feel Canadians or white people in general are more loving than this things we av here?
Kind of, majority of Canadian/white girls love for real.. but there are also Nigerian girls that love deeply just that they are few and sometimes can easily be manipulated

1 Like

Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by Bobage16(m): 12:55pm On Apr 24, 2021
this one noby deep matter sef sha,,you guys weren't dating in the first place na... no big deal here
Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by HappyCanadian: 12:56pm On Apr 24, 2021
Peppysco:
I'm very sure if you were still residing in Nigeria and met this after one lady through the same online platform, you would forget all this specs and parts you're talking about because na to escape go dey your mind. So, bone all that specs ish, na chance you get.
By the way, that Canada wey you dey, I dey suspect say na citizen you be cos if to say you still dey hustle to get stay, even if na 3 children she get, you for still dey lick her plate. Stop making me and others feel we don't have principles, na chance you get.
I nor come fight ooo, na my mind I yarn
grin grin My brother dem no bring me come here I worked for it.. so I gats make my choice.. different strokes for different folks, your priority and mine isn't the same

1 Like

Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by HappyCanadian: 1:03pm On Apr 24, 2021
dustydee:

You met her though a dating site and you were not expecting a relationship? You should have backed out from day 1.
Yes, I should have.. won't happen again
Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by Beze992(f): 1:10pm On Apr 24, 2021
Elixirsblog:
Really whats special about this. A woman is interested in you, you told her you don't like her that way she left you be, now you're bringing her to discuss on NL.
why you guys gotta be so dramatic about stuff.
she say she's moving on with her life. Move on with your life too. geeeeeezzzz

Wish I could like this your reply a thousand times over. It was that simple, so why all the drama? Probably trying to instigate the usual gender fights on the forum.

1 Like

Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 24, 2021
Is from your Previous Thread I discovered how very Foolish and Stupid you are. I wasn't surprised when nitwits like you were giving you advises. It's mother F***kers like you that mess these ladies up. You knew you were not going to marry her. Why did you start the friendship in the first place. You just want to sleep with her and dump her right? Probably same thing her baby daddy did for her. This is a lady that want to be loved. She is not even asking for too much, but your idiotic self came on to social media to be seeking advices from some senseless niggas here. I was even surprised majority were abusing the Lady and not the Guy. Am happy she didn't End up with you. For she deserve better. From the Narrative her Love is so Genuine. And that's all what matters. Keep searching for your spec okay.. and when you start having problem with your so called spec, come to nairaland again for those in your category to advice you. ODE!!

Modified*

There is nothing wrong if she is Loving you so much. She love sincerely and she will surely respect you. That's all what you need. You might keep on looking for your spec and you regret it later on. You are only hesitant because she is a single mother. Which I see it's not a crime. It's you that really needs to grow up. She doesn't deserve you though. She deserves someone much better and matured.

Advice to all Ladies.
Don't be obsessed to any Man. It doesn't worth it. They will eventually take you for granted. If if you be Olosho self, you still deserve some respect.

2 Likes

Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by reidkrugger(m): 1:14pm On Apr 24, 2021
Cooldiipo:
Congratulations, this is why i encourage women to be hardworking. She doesn't depend on you for food or upkeep, moving on will be much easier. Whoever you choose will still bring you her fair share of challenge too...as a man, you have to be ready in your mind for the tough times ahead. I sell Laptop powerbank,50k for 100,000mah guaranteed to power you pc for more than 10 hours. 75k for 180,000mah guaranteed to power pc for more than 18hours. All are built with brand new liFePo4 battery.

How many watts is d power bank? My laptop is a beast o. Even my inverter cries when ever I turn it on.
Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by bilulu(m): 1:28pm On Apr 24, 2021
HappyCanadian:
Hey Guys,

I created this thread to thank and update you guys how my strong closeness with the single mother ended after receiving advice here....
Previous thread: https://www.nairaland.com/6477303/how-leave-single-mother-without

Before I start I want to correct the negative impression a lot of you had thinking I was chatting with her in Nigeria> FYI me and her live in the same city in Canada but I met her through a popular dating site.

So after the brilliant advice from the previous thread which I remained grateful to everyone that contributed. I messaged her two days later on Instagram to come let's talk. She arrived at my apartment and called to tell me that she was trapped in the snow mud with her car and I had to come out and labor that night in a wicked cold weather to make sure I brought out her car which I did and she went gaga the more heaping all kinds of romantic praises on me tongue. Later on, we started discussing and I told her respectfully that I needed time to think through our friendship as I wasn't ready for something serious/relationship which she is gunning for, since I noticed she became too obsessed and close with me that a day does not pass without her thinking about me or messaging. As I talked to her she remained quiet of course I knew she was disappointed and didn't look happy cause that was not what she expected. Then after, I jokingly told her a family friend saw her photo on my WhatsApp (false) and became interested in knowing her she was quiet and kept listening till I finished and then one hour later she said she was going.

When she got home she wrote me that she has seen I needed my space and time and that she would move on with her life but saying she doesn't like the idea of telling her about someone else when it was me she had feelings for.. which I apologized.

Since then she became quiet kinda saying I friend zoned her though I didn't, hardly writes me and does not think of visiting me or whatsoever. But I recently called her to "extend an olive branch" since she wasn't cool about my friend I told her, and she was rather interested in knowing why I called her to appear saying she thought I would define what we are or ask her for a relationship having known for months and all that which I maintained my stand sad. At the end, she mentioned everything I said boils down to her distancing herself from me so I will have my time and do my thing. Few minutes later she stood up to leave and I walked her down, she entered her car and left.

I felt for her then but I know she is fine now. The thing is that I do not likely see myself settling with her as I have my reasons, plans and spec in a babe.. yes I liked her and we vibe and crack sometimes but I got to be honest with her as was advised here.. again she is so sensitive probably her Canadian lifestyle.

Thankfully its over and we are free.. most importantly I have learnt some lessons but above all I wish her well.
When next I see one I will recall this incident and keep calm grin

All those single babes wey don play plenty match well for Canada... I fear who no fear Nigerian girls for Canada o though not all. especially the students, all they care for is who to sleep with, drinks and party with their fake sense of entitlement. I rather date a white single mother than a Nigerian single mother in Canada, of it's Nigerian single mother in Nigeria, I don't have problem but those in Canada na just to pass time.
Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by Boss13: 1:35pm On Apr 24, 2021
muzeze77:
I know how it is in Canada, from experience if you don’t have plans to be with her , best you leave her now, from your post you are a young man without kids and now you are thrilled to see a lady very interested in you, I can tell you that it’s because she is a single mother, she will do anything just to hook u , once that’s done my brother it will be hard to unhook , Yoruba adage says if u don’t plan on eating something then there is no need to be smelling it

Well said. He made a terrible mistake inviting a western modern woman over to his house to BREAK UP with her.

Chief - don't repeat such mistake again. You are fortunate she has a conscience. She could have easily accused you of sexual assault or any mischief to get at you.

2 Likes

Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by MrMacinterchi1: 1:36pm On Apr 24, 2021
TheEnygma:

You have said it all, you literally spoke my mind.....OP Take note.

I had a similar experience, this babe I used to ask out a long time ago but she was using me to catch cruise, she later got pregnant for another guy who dumped her after she gave birth.... She recently started calling me and giving me all sorts of "green light" not knowing that I'm a sharp guy and I know all those tricks to hook me with extra baggage, I simply bone am.
Lol. be kind nah
Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by Originalsly: 1:42pm On Apr 24, 2021
Bro.... if you know she was not of your specs... why lead her on? It is never good to play with a woman's emotions ... especially when she is a single mom. You lead her on to believe you were interested in having a relationship .... you knew she fell for you... then you invited her over. After all this... did you really believe she was coming with the intention to drink tea?.. or to talk?.... only for you to drop a bomb on her by telling her it was somebody else that is interested in her. She said nothing because you left her speechless. Bro... you did her wrong.... no doubt.... and her being a single mom has nothing to do with it... even if she were a virgin... you still did her wrong. Just don't lead women on.... hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.. This one is pretty calm and level headed.... the next may not be.

3 Likes

Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by FORWARDEVERLY: 1:49pm On Apr 24, 2021
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by Gordieshegz(m): 2:08pm On Apr 24, 2021
HappyCanadian:
Hey Guys,

So after the brilliant advice from the previous thread which I remained grateful to everyone that contributed. I messaged her two days later on Instagram to come let's talk. She arrived at my apartment and called to tell me that she was trapped in the snow mud with her car and I had to come out and labor that night in a wicked cold weather to make sure I brought out her car which I did and she went gaga the more heaping all kinds of romantic praises on me tongue. Later on, we started discussing and I told her respectfully that I needed time to think through our friendship as I wasn't ready for something serious/relationship which she is gunning for, since I noticed she became too obsessed and close with me that a day does not pass without her thinking about me or messaging. As I talked to her she remained quiet of course I knew she was disappointed and didn't look happy cause that was not what she expected. Then after, I jokingly told her a family friend saw her photo on my WhatsApp (false) and became interested in knowing her she was quiet and kept listening till I finished and then one hour later she said she was going.

When she got home she wrote me that she has seen I needed my space and time and that she would move on with her life but saying she doesn't like the idea of telling her about someone else when it was me she had feelings for.. which I apologized.

Since then she became quiet kinda saying I friend zoned her though I didn't, hardly writes me and does not think of visiting me or whatsoever. But I recently called her to "extend an olive branch" since she wasn't cool about my friend I told her, and she was rather interested in knowing why I called her to appear saying she thought I would define what we are or ask her for a relationship having known for months and all that which I maintained my stand sad. At the end, she mentioned everything I said boils down to her distancing herself from me so I will have my time and do my thing. Few minutes later she stood up to leave and I walked her down, she entered her car and left.

I felt for her then but I know she is fine now. The thing is that I do not likely see myself settling with her as I have my reasons, plans and spec in a babe.. yes I liked her and we vibe and crack sometimes but I got to be honest with her as was advised here.. again she is so sensitive probably her Canadian lifestyle.

Thankfully its over and we are free.. most importantly I have learnt some lessons but above all I wish her well.
When next I see one I will recall this incident and keep calm grin

Brother, we have to be sincere with ourselves in dealing with one another. You can not go to a dating site and be expecting a lady you met there to be looking for friendship. She signed up for a reason.

That said, you actually led her on and broke her expectations. Perhaps she later appeared to be not as beautiful as you had expected. Or because she had a child already. What she wanted was love, not just friends (perhaps with benefits)

But for whatever reasons, it is good you learn your lessons already. Keep to the expectations and regulations of any site you visit the next time.

1 Like

Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by sapientia(m): 2:15pm On Apr 24, 2021
Am expecting the thread of how you went back to her.

After she has passed your test.

Do not be irredeemable.
Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by FORWARDEVERLY: 2:16pm On Apr 24, 2021
Only if women would learn...
One of the reason why you dropped her is because she is a single mom... Me sef, I go run Usain bolt if I were you..
If you tell them to be properly married before giving birth, them feminist would tell you it is thier body and can do whatever with it.. for every lady that is a single mom that got her dream man and settled down with after, there are thousands that was rejected by the heir dream men coz they are single mothers.. a word is enough for the wise..

1 Like

Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by FORWARDEVERLY: 2:19pm On Apr 24, 2021
BabaJoe001:
Is from your Previous Thread I discovered how very Foolish and Stupid you are. I wasn't surprised when nitwits like you were giving you advises. It's mother F***kers like you that mess these ladies up. You knew you were not going to marry her. Why did you start the friendship in the first place. You just want to sleep with her and dump her right? Probably same thing her baby daddy did for her. This is a lady that want to be loved. She is not even asking for too much, but your idiotic self came on to social media to be seeking advices from some senseless niggas here. I was even surprised majority were abusing the Lady and not the Guy. Am happy she didn't End up with you. For she deserve better. From the Narrative her Love is so Genuine. And that's all what matters. Keep searching for your spec okay.. and when you start having problem with your so called spec, come to nairaland again for those in your category to advice you. ODE!!

Modified*

There is nothing wrong if she is Loving you so much. She love sincerely and she will surely respect you. That's all what you need. You might keep on looking for your spec and you regret it later on. You are only hesitant because she is a single mother. Which I see it's not a crime. It's you that really needs to grow up. She doesn't deserve you though. She deserves someone much better and matured.

Advice to all Ladies.
Don't be obsessed to any Man. It doesn't worth it. They will eventually take you for granted. If if you be Oloshi, you still deserve some respect.

Seems like the lady is your mother grin grin grin grin grin
Na by force to marry single mom?? Go and marry as much as you want..
Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by Yoighaman(m): 2:29pm On Apr 24, 2021
Aburada:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

2 cold bottles of beer for you for not being a pussy ass niggarr

This is the same thing I did to one single mother that year. I don't want anything to distract me from my daily hustle because there's no love in the street

I only derive joy from my weed not from any woman

Smoke up
Drink up
Bomb Chinese websites

WeChat/Alipay/courier/Consignment

grin grin

You had to check the moniker if it's

slawormiir

You tried wella but police for Jigida, na boy's scout for Lagos cheesy
Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by Lilpen3758: 2:36pm On Apr 24, 2021
Aburada:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

This is the same thing I did to one single mother that year. I don't want anything to distract me from my daily hustle because there's no love in the street

Smoke up
Drink up
Bomb Chinese websites

grin grin

slawormiir

I had to, twice self to be precise

1 Like

Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by biggy26: 2:42pm On Apr 24, 2021
Michelle55:
Congratulations bro.. Enjoy your new found freedom!
Ps: never lead anyone on unless you want them for life.
Some people don't need to be led on, they lead themselves without your consent. They even begin to make plans for both of you. Those are forward people, run from such!!
Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by phazotron(m): 3:15pm On Apr 24, 2021
bluefilm:
Bros, you're very very lucky o.

Once it is a Single Mother, Run.

Run as fast as you can away from her.

If she's a nice person, her baby daddy would have stayed with her.

It's that simple.

Mr judge

How did you know she's not a nice person?

What if the baby daddy was abusive to her or cheated on her?

All of you Bashing a girl una no use eye see Wey una no know her behaviour

Una need cane
Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by phazotron(m): 3:18pm On Apr 24, 2021
HappyCanadian:

Kind of, majority of Canadian/white girls love for real.. but there are also Nigerian girls that love deeply just that they are few and sometimes can easily be manipulated

Any girl will do this when in love

Not typical to whites

Although common over there because of the environment they're brought up in
Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by kurlz(f): 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2021
Aburada:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright

Smoke up
Drink up
Bomb Chinese websites

grin grin

slawormiir

Ah ahh haha. Idiot. Yes I did
Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by Thane(m): 5:24pm On Apr 24, 2021
Cooldiipo:
Congratulations, this is why i encourage women to be hardworking. She doesn't depend on you for food or upkeep, moving on will be much easier. Whoever you choose will still bring you her fair share of challenge too...as a man, you have to be ready in your mind for the tough times ahead. I sell Laptop powerbank,50k for 100,000mah guaranteed to power you pc for more than 10 hours. 75k for 180,000mah guaranteed to power pc for more than 18hours. All are built with brand new liFePo4 battery.

can you use the laptop bank to charge phone? how many hours to charge the power bank. where are u located
Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 24, 2021
Maturity my friend.

Thumbs up.
Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by olatunjin(m): 6:17pm On Apr 24, 2021
You have done the right thing bro, you did it in a polite way. smiley
Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 24, 2021
HappyCanadian:

Kk, let me put it this way?? Would u choose a Canadian woman over a Nigerian woman?
Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by thecommunist(m): 9:01pm On Apr 24, 2021
the only reason you should leave her is if you don't really like her enough , but don't let people deceive you into leaving her because she is a single mother. You also should have clarified the issue of marriage with her before concluding that is what she wants, you should have discussed her expectations and what you both are bringing to the table, know where both of you stand in the scheme of things and what both of you want from the each other. you didn't handle this well, but its still better than carrying on without knowing where you are both headed to.
Re: Update! How I Finally Left This Single Mother And Learnt Lessons by thecommunist(m): 9:05pm On Apr 24, 2021
most advice here are being given in the ''Nigerian'' context...don't be misled by people that don't understand your situation!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pre-Wedding Pictures Of Two Plus-Sized Couple / Why Do Some Nigerian Girls Reveal Their Cleavages? / How I Lost 6,000 Naira To A 19 Year-old Girl Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.