Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,852 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience (14921 Views)

Lagos Traffic- Life Inside The World's Worst Traffic Jam / Will Ambode’s 5000 New BRT Buses Solve The Lagos Traffic Challenge? (see PHOTOS) / Ambode Solving Lagos Traffic Problems With Common Sense (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by TheFacelessMan: 9:19pm On Apr 19, 2021
grin
Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by Biafranboys: 9:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
No but missed a flight because of zoogeria begi begi immigration

3 Likes

Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:21pm On Apr 19, 2021
ThisCouldBeUs:
undecided
Wetin consign guy man wey siddon for one street for Ekopma
Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by Contango(m): 9:23pm On Apr 19, 2021
Took off from Ikoyi around 3pm to Ikeja airport for a flight to Abuja scheduled for departure around 5:30pm. Still didn’t make it due to crazy traffic.

2 Likes

Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by kingreign(m): 9:23pm On Apr 19, 2021
I always arrive 2-3hrs early.

2 Likes

Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by Franckelv230: 9:23pm On Apr 19, 2021
Not when I'm using EDO LINES.

They are every ready to serve you.

6 Likes

Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 19, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 19, 2021
TheFacelessMan:
grin

Spit it out.

1 Like

Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by MPESA(m): 9:25pm On Apr 19, 2021
I'm on this table on 5th March 2021 but God pass them Lagos traffic., Left my hotel 2hrs30 min before departure, Lagos traffic wan make I pay $100 by force but my God pass am .

3 Likes

Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by SmartPolician: 9:26pm On Apr 19, 2021
Never. I always lodge in Ikeja against my flight. I don't want to hear stories that touch.

4 Likes

Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by wiseone28: 9:27pm On Apr 19, 2021
It was a nasty experience I can't share mbok

Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by Reffone: 9:32pm On Apr 19, 2021
I missed my flight to Lagos on Saturday because of greedy driver and Navy officer collecting bribe
Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by Focusmind: 9:32pm On Apr 19, 2021
I now use agent with strong connection in the aviation sector. Once I was getting late, I call him to check me in because those Nigerian airlines no get joy. Once it is 30mins to departure, they stopped checking people in just to collect extra money from those desperate to replace those that were late.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by blamingthedevil: 9:32pm On Apr 19, 2021
Not in Lagos, but Portharcout when airforce base was being used in 2008
Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 19, 2021
I took bike from second rainbow straight to Airport toll gate.. then i entered cab to MM2. shocked, if not. i would have missed it.

2 Likes

Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:34pm On Apr 19, 2021
Yes but this time around I usually book 1st morning flight or I leave 3 hours before take off.

2 Likes

Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by Heineken(m): 9:37pm On Apr 19, 2021
tribalmall:
Severally, the last time I just ask my brother to take the wheels n took a bike. Awon oloriburuku dem Wan make I lose ticket of almoat 500K.

lol eyin ara Eko
Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by MPESA(m): 9:38pm On Apr 19, 2021
Biafranboys:
No but missed a flight because of zoogeria begi begi immigration

I do am one idiot immigration last month, na fight for end am , stupid man btw I pity first time travelers .

1 Like

Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by Emola12(m): 9:39pm On Apr 19, 2021
i missed my flight from lagos to lagos due to lagos traffic
Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by iLegendd(m): 9:40pm On Apr 19, 2021
No — always punctual.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by nkemdi89(f): 9:43pm On Apr 19, 2021
Okada was my saviour that day from egbeda to ikeja.
Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by askakim(m): 9:47pm On Apr 19, 2021
No be small matter.. I took bike from Maryland to ikeja that Sunday evening, that's two years ago... Me wey don high before going to the airport. I Don be born again now

2 Likes

Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by Amanee(f): 9:48pm On Apr 19, 2021
Kingpele:
The kind useless questions that are hitting FrontPage today just tire me,which kind question be this ? If u can't wake-up early to beat the traffic then u no ready to travel by flight ,just enter God is good and go your way ,flight are not meant for late wakers

Even God is good buses leave the terminals at 6am sharp. If you don't get to the park on time, oyo

1 Like

Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by atgmicrot: 9:58pm On Apr 19, 2021
Go
Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by Makestyles: 10:05pm On Apr 19, 2021
Well I was going for scholarship exam. That's how traffic made me miss flight to venue. I for don japa from naija by now
Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by duduade: 10:12pm On Apr 19, 2021
nitrogen:
Almost.

Had a Lagos - Abuja flight on a Monday afternoon for a meeting at 4pm in Abuja same day. Left VI at 12pm to get to the airport before 2pm. Smooth sailing from VI to 3rd mainland to Maryland bridge. All of a sudden, mad traffic from Maryland all the way to the airport, we managed to move like a snail to 1/2 kilometres (to the Arik wing), 10 mins to departure, we got down and started running with our suits, on a hot afternoon. Even my Oyinbo boss became Usain Bolt. Baba breezed past me!

We were lucky. We already checked in online, we just rushed to the gate, and some of the guys there congratulated us. We did not miss the flight!

Why did we run, we could have booked another flight? We were going for a meeting to close a massive deal. 5 mins delay would have done a big damage.

Another one, my colleague missed his flight to Jo’burg from Lagos. Traffic wanted to kill us, but we arrived at the airport on time. Only for my colleague to find out that he forgot his passport at home. He raced back (using a bike from the airport to Lekki and back to the airport). Unfortunately, he missed the flight, we saw him running towards the gate, the pilots said ‘No, we move’. He joined us in Jo’burg the following day.

Abeg what do you do for a living

Lool
Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by BigDawsNet: 10:15pm On Apr 19, 2021
Arrived 5 hours to board
Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by Eriokanmi: 10:16pm On Apr 19, 2021
Yes, International flight to DXB.
Re: Have you Ever Missed Your Flight Due To Lagos Traffic? Share Your Experience by bjtinz: 10:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
SmartPolician:
Never. I always lodge in Ikeja against my flight. I don't want to hear stories that touch.

The best approach. Lagos traffic can be notoriously unpredictable, especially weekdays and afternoon/evening flights.

Having missed flights on more than 2 occasions cry cry. I resorted to this.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fallen Tanker In Maiduguri: Youths Scoop Fuel (photos) / Finally In Russia!!! But.... / Dana Air Pilot N Crew Pix ...RIP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.