Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,702 members, 7,805,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? (23001 Views)

Do Recruiters Reject A Candidate Because Of Location? / Can You Reject Federal Government Job Because Of Marriage / Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Joyrider404(f): 3:54pm On Apr 19, 2021
What was the condition they gave you that made you reject the job offer grin

Mines quite funny,they told me I would resume work by 7am and close by 8 pm, on top of 15k salary grin I ran for my dear life.

Share your experience.

98 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by chatinent: 3:56pm On Apr 19, 2021
Private firm.

Malaysian man.

Gay.

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 19, 2021
Dropped my proposal letter in a big school and the director said he'll give me the job to work as a part-time Teacher . Then he said I must meet him somewhere first.

On the said day, he called until his battery ran down, I didn't pick. As for the Job, I didn't go back for it again..

132 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Karleb(m): 5:42pm On Apr 19, 2021
I don't stay in the city/country, so...

If this would count tho.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Karleb(m): 5:43pm On Apr 19, 2021
AsherAmari:
Dropped my proposal letter in a big school and the director said he'll give me the job to work as a part-time Teacher . Then he said I must meet him somewhere first.

On the said day, he called until his battery ran down, I didn't pick. As for the Job, I didn't go back for it again..

Why didn't you just tell him you can't show up or you don't do such rather than agreeing only to not show up?

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by The5DME(m): 5:50pm On Apr 19, 2021
N
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 19, 2021
Karleb:

Why didn't you just tell him you can't show up or you don't do such rather than agreeing only to not show up?

How did I agree? He got my contact from my proposal letter. When he told me we should meet somewhere, I tried to ask why but he said he wanted to discuss somethings with me. Then I kept quiet.

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by TheEnygma(m): 7:20pm On Apr 19, 2021
chatinent:
Private firm.

Malaysian man.

Gay.

gringringrin.... you no want make them drill your nyash.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Viccur(m): 7:29pm On Apr 19, 2021
First of all, the pay is on commission. I would be given 100 fliers weekly/daily to share across ibadan, i would come to work 6days a week plus sundays once a while. Resume 8am close by 5.30pm. I just dey my dey no pressure.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Daddyvibez(m): 8:13pm On Apr 19, 2021
Work 7:30am-7pm weekdays 17k,if u come late 500 naira deduction...

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by ennyj01(m): 8:21pm On Apr 19, 2021
Got a marketing job with a new generation bank.
The pay was 45k
2 days in the office and 2 days outside sourcing for customers.
We are to bring 3 million monthly, I ran and I did not look back.

The second one was recently
Got a tentative offer (no offer letter yet though), will be paid 25k monthly for two months during the training. After training the successful guys will be retained and pay increased, the increased pay is not up to 100k though.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 19, 2021
Joyrider404:

Mines quite funny,they told me I would resume work by 7am and close by 8 pm ,ontop of 15k salary grin I ran for my dear life.

Share your experience
those people no get conscience.

6 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 19, 2021
ennyj01:
Got a marketing job with a new generation bank.
The pay was 45k
2 days in the office and 2 days outside sourcing for customers.
We are to bring 3 million monthly, I ran and I did not look back.

The second one was recently
Got a tentative offer (no offer letter yet though), will be paid 25k monthly for two months during the training. After training the successful guys will be retained and pay increased, the increased pay is not up to 100k though.
I will not accept any marketing job.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by TheEnygma(m): 9:23pm On Apr 19, 2021
Job at a small guest house, 4pm- 8am...
Job description; Receptionist, room steward, cleaner , laundry man and security and the salary was not even up to 20k..... I ran for my dear life before I come die before my time .

Some employers are just wicked, most of them take advantage of the high rate of unemployment in the country to either maltreat or underpay staff since they know that they'll always be someone else who's desperate for the job.

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by westlius(m): 10:51pm On Apr 19, 2021
some entrepreneur or ceo thinks they save alot with under paying a staff.
but no
the staff will surely look for shortcut to met up his expectations.
from there he steals more.
Even when you are well paid, u will n scared to compromise you job with illegal tinz because of u are well paid
but when you are not paid well, you feel loosing d job wont b an issue, so u can still engage in illegal stuff

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by RunzMAN: 2:55am On Apr 20, 2021
grin

Factory Work!
They were using us like machines, a pay not up to 20k...3 weeks body tell me shocked No be man tell me to quit after (the 4th week) a month later...though as a runsman, i still runz dem some streets... grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Theboy21: 3:12am On Apr 20, 2021
Too bad, an average Nigerian private company will use a long pipe not even a drinking straw to suck your blood cheesy cheesy

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by femi4: 5:07am On Apr 20, 2021
Joyrider404:

Mines quite funny,they told me I would resume work by 7am and close by 8 pm ,ontop of 15k salary grin I ran for my dear life.

Share your experience
During my IT, no allawee, no tfare

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by iHart(m): 7:43am On Apr 20, 2021
Just coming out from a 30k per month job. I applied to a new company. They saw my CV and invited me. I arrived late. While I was on my way, they kept calling to be sure I was coming. When I arrived, they told me that the guy sitting there was for the same job but he had no experience and I had experience, so they wanted to hear from me first. They said their starting salary for inexperienced staff is 15k and experience staff 30k. I asked them to tell me the true amount they paid for that position, but they insisted on what they have told me. I told them to take the other guy. I rejected the offer outrightly. They said I should go home and think about the offer. I went home and the next day, just for courtesy sake, I called them and still rejected the offer.

I did my background check, found out they paid 70k for the position and that was why I had to travel the long distance to attend the interview.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by emkz: 7:44am On Apr 20, 2021
One man business.

I enter company. I didn't know Oga was interested in one babe. I got the babe. Oga almost fired me after firing the babe. He demoted me to a messenger position.

I left the company later.

47 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by inoki247: 7:45am On Apr 20, 2021
lol
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by ictjobber: 7:45am On Apr 20, 2021
Here to read comments

1 Like

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by naIraiaND: 7:45am On Apr 20, 2021
grin grin grin grin
let me relax here and read something.

if you don't have a job, click on this link and see something. you can work as a marketer and get up to 10 percent from jobs you bring
https://www.nairaland.com/4450471/stamped-concrete-4500-flat-per
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Faber(m): 7:45am On Apr 20, 2021
Team self employed.

I employed myself and others working for me. I go to work anytime I feel like. I no dey go today sef grin grin

I have never attended a job interview and will neve all through my life

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 20, 2021
I had to travel to the north east on short notice. Salary was slightly higher than my salary at the time.

Keep your salary guys. I ain't risking my life for peanuts

7 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by Badgers14: 7:46am On Apr 20, 2021
Joyrider404:

Mines quite funny,they told me I would resume work by 7am and close by 8 pm, on top of 15k salary grin I ran for my dear life.

Share your experience.

That's slavery angry

2 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by jimmyolasun: 7:46am On Apr 20, 2021
the HR wanted me to date/marry her daughter. I walked out on her like the king I am..

now the idiot that accepted is now living large and jumping from across country like say naa within streets..

I should have just been a simp and accepted the offer

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by flyca: 7:47am On Apr 20, 2021
Submit previous payslips

3 Likes

Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:47am On Apr 20, 2021
Ok
Re: What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? by EmekaBlue(m): 7:47am On Apr 20, 2021
Massage my lady boss every weekend

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ever Been Sexually Harassed By Your Boss? How Did You Deal With It? / Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? / Never Look Down On Menial Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.