Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! (15977 Views)

Relocation To Lagos For Better Job Opportunities / Job Seekers Don't Sleep, They Go For Opportunities Like This... / Just Have Completed Your Graduation And Looking For Opportunities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by yesloaded: 11:06am On Apr 20, 2021
andyblinks05:
Am a graduate (awaiting though) and a NCE holder. I am planning to come to lagos to chase my dreams/passion. I am aware of the ups and downs in Lagos ranging from traffic to cost of living but my dreams are worth chasing. So my issue here is I want to secure a job before coming so that I would be able to sustain myself while I chase my dreams.

I have a place to stay (Festac, Ajegunle). I have benefited from this forum from different people who I barely knew. That's why I decided to bring this here even though I know there are vultures out there but God’s got our back.

If you can help in anyway, please reach out. Help me get my connect abeg.

Lagos of 90s is not Lagos of today

Don't raise your hope too high so you don't feel disappointed although that doesnt stop you from going for what you want

I wish you the best
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:08am On Apr 20, 2021
FuckEveryday:
The person advising you to choose a 60k job in Ibadan over a 100k job in Lagos, doesn't like you @ all.

whenever you come to Lagos, try staying on the island alone, it'll interest you to know most graduates stay @ security houses and alot of "packaged uncompleted buildings" due to numerous real estate projects.

but when you find one, don't think that's all, you still have to work hard, but why Im telling you to come to the island to work hard is simple...

Destiny helpers don't go round looking for you, you have to position yourself where they'll easily find you and you'll have options too. don't let your pastor deceive you.

it worked for me, it'll definitely work for you too..cheers

modified: I see some clowns mentioning me saying rubbish..smh

one said rich people don't help on the island cheesy you think someone would see you on the streets of Lagos, pick u in his /her car and change Ur life grin this Life isn't ROK TV bruv...the Moto I dey drive now, someone on this forum bought it for me, yes, on this same Nairaland. If I wasn't staying/squating on the island then, I'm 100% sure I would hv missed the opportunity.

Life doesn't start and end on the island part of Lagos, but I can authoritatively tell you that it gives you a better chance or Head start of you'll prefer to call it that.

To the other guy that said everyone on d island doesn't have legit money, I have nothing to say to you..have a good life and may God open your eyes.
can we chat sir?
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:08am On Apr 20, 2021
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
"am a graduate " undecided sad
see dem
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:09am On Apr 20, 2021
BabaIbo:
You better go find something do with your life.

Most graduates(including me) and the uneducated ones go dey run go Lagos as if na there all the money dey.

Unless you have very strong connect/link or you are financially buoyant, if not start something where you are.

A lot of people are doing well in other cities.
you should have asked where I stay first
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Barbiturate(m): 11:09am On Apr 20, 2021
Karleb:

If truly you've attended over 100 interviews and currently don't have a job then you might be too selective.

In some states, it's so bad that there are no interviews to attend. It's just that bad.

I'm not selective sir. The problem is that there are a lot of people chasing just a position, and some companies are tribal based, then also coupled with the fact that connection usually apply in some cases. I've been rejected before after passing all interview stages, just because I am Igbo and the company owned by a Yoruba man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:09am On Apr 20, 2021
ThisCouldBeUs:
Bro, you need a laptop not job.
lol � give me one na
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 20, 2021
andyblinks05:

you just made a conclusion with what exactly?
this is a social platform we type anyhow atimes to minimize time.
The way you type is a complete opposite of what you preach.

How can you boost of being a graduate of English Language, but you sound bang average?

Lets be guided, please.

1 Like

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:11am On Apr 20, 2021
maximunimpact:

Let me know when you get to Lagos
can we chat sir?
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:12am On Apr 20, 2021
simple250:
You even have option of where to stay grin

Real dream chasers don't have option of where to stay when they land Lagos cool
I no want stay under bridge oo
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:14am On Apr 20, 2021
emonis88:
what dream r u chasing in Lagos? I know of people who were born n brought up in Lagos, who found jobs in other states n r enjoying their stay there n r progressing. Lagos is not what u think it is o! u can chase that dream in other states. What is dat dream sef, if not a good job, a car, a house n raise ur own family? My guy u can get that dream in other states too.
media and entertainment
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Barbiturate(m): 11:16am On Apr 20, 2021
semasir:
100 jobs and still unemployed? Don't you think you need to restrategize? I was once out of job for a month and got 2 offers and had to settle for one over the other even the longer one I was out of job for 5 months, I was engaged doing something online.

Please think it through your plans on this interviews.

Thanks. Any help or suggestions?
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:16am On Apr 20, 2021
sammirano:
Op dont mind anyone telling you which opportunity is in lagos.they are the type that will buy benz and be saying money no dey lagos If you are hardworking and smart and humble. You wil make it in lagos. Even people wey dey for dugbe in ibadan they husle to come lagos.
thanks bro
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Basalt(m): 11:17am On Apr 20, 2021
andyblinks05:

am not talking about the money �, am talking about giving accomdation

Accommodation or no accommodation, I find it hard to believe that a graduate should be paid #18,000 per month in a place like Lagos.
It's not attractive one bit, it's actually appalling.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by maximunimpact(m): 11:17am On Apr 20, 2021
andyblinks05:

can we chat sir?

Yes, send me a dm
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by semasir: 11:19am On Apr 20, 2021
Work on yourself is what I'd say. There are some missing links in you

Barbiturate:

Thanks. Any help or suggestions?
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by infogenius(m): 11:19am On Apr 20, 2021
andyblinks05:

drop me your whatsapp no. lets talk
Please kindly check it in my signature below
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:19am On Apr 20, 2021
FiverrTutor:
@op ill advise you to move to Lagos. Forget all those doom talkers here. See let me tell u mine. I presently reside in Portharcourt, but you won't believe that between January this year to now I have done over 20 interviews and gotten over 7 juicy job offers already and Guess what, all this were from companies in Lagos!!! I mean not a single Interview or offer from this shithole called Portharcourt. The problem I have is that I live in a very comfortable house here in portharcourt and I have nobody in Lagos. I do feel so so sad sometimes. I had no choice than to accept the last job offer that came luckily they haven't set up their office yet in Victoria Island(I'm on salary). So I'm using the time now to save so I can get a place in Lagos to stay even if it's one room. Please move!!!
thank you
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Kobicove(m): 11:19am On Apr 20, 2021
Joysticks:
Wetin you see for dream wey you dey chase?

grin
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:20am On Apr 20, 2021
slyfoxxjoe:
Lagos is the worst place to be as a job hunter without a place to stay or small stipend for feeding. If you have someone that can accommodate and feed you free of charge for like a month while you hit the streets HARD to find work then come. If not try to secure something here from where you are first or find opportunities elsewhere. If not you go sleep under bridge an beg for food/transport money tire. I do not think that's good for your dignity or safety for that matter
thanks, I have a place to stay I just want to secure a job before coming
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by worldwonders: 11:21am On Apr 20, 2021
FiverrTutor:
@op ill advise you to move to Lagos. Forget all those doom talkers here. See let me tell u mine. I presently reside in Portharcourt, but you won't believe that between January this year to now I have done over 20 interviews and gotten over 7 juicy job offers already and Guess what, all this were from companies in Lagos!!! I mean not a single Interview or offer from this shithole called Portharcourt. The problem I have is that I live in a very comfortable house here in portharcourt and I have nobody in Lagos. I do feel so so sad sometimes. I had no choice than to accept the last job offer that came luckily they haven't set up their office yet in Victoria Island(I'm on salary). So I'm using the time now to save so I can get a place in Lagos to stay even if it's one room. Please move!!!

Same issue here... Been in PH for a while now, somewhere around Tank area. Been applying for a job here since December last year, nothing is forth coming.
I'm also thinking of going to lag to look for job coz most of the job offers I got where from Lagos and was also invited for an interview at Ibadan in a food tech industry, missed the interview though.
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:21am On Apr 20, 2021
Reelmii:
u are going there to add to the already over populated city
everybody dey chop hin own sweat
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by Karleb(m): 11:21am On Apr 20, 2021
andyblinks05:

thanks, I have a place to stay I just want to secure a job before coming

Try linkedin, jobberman, indeed.com etc.
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:22am On Apr 20, 2021
gevans:
Wishing you all the best. Don't let anyone discourage you.
thanks sir
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by worldwonders: 11:23am On Apr 20, 2021
@OP I'm in same position with you... Currently in PH, but will likely move soon to Lag or Ibadan, hopefully I get a job there.

1 Like

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:24am On Apr 20, 2021
Barbiturate:
Lagos hard. Lagos tough die! No be beans bro! I was born and bred here in Lagos. I'm a graduate with a good result and some experience in Procurement and sales. I still don't have a job atm. I've attended over 100 interviews here in Lagos. Though destiny differs. Yours might be different.

All the best
am not going to build a career with job there cos I want to build mine. I only need a small job that would sustain me while I chase my dreams

1 Like

Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:25am On Apr 20, 2021
Karleb:

Don't mind those people. It's like how our uncles tell us there's nothing oversea. That Nigeria is better.

One thing Lagosians don't understand is that they're naturally ahead of many Nigerians. If you have an in demand skill, Lagos is the best place to be.

@OP
Worst that can happen is that you fail and you go back. But don't quit before trying.
thank you, better to try than not trying at all
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:25am On Apr 20, 2021
Karleb:

If truly you've attended over 100 interviews and currently don't have a job then you might be too selective.

In some states, it's so bad that there are no interviews to attend. It's just that bad.
that's just the fact am facing since 2016
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:26am On Apr 20, 2021
lanre88:
Wonder what you are stressing yourself looking out for when you can do fantastically well for yourself even at where you are.

Many people are not just exposed and this saddens me alot. If you are ready, I can show you something that would change your story in less than 6 months.

A word is enough...
can we chat on whatsapp ?
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:28am On Apr 20, 2021
semasir:
Lagos can indeed make or mar you. There are opportunities for sure but the stuff you are made of and the divine grace you possess can take you farther.

If I have my way, I won't advise you chase any dream in Lagos due to the stress involved except you don't mind or even get luckier by getting yourself a job closer to where you'd live.

I have no where I might just think of running back to because I'm a Lagosian and married else I'd have done so! I've lived in Port Harcourt more and I still prefer it to Lagos (finance wise, they're almost equal but Lagos has the edge because of the cash flow) and also Abuja is fine too!

I dunno what dream you are dreaming of but be mindful that you can be anywhere and successful all the same though some environment speeds up the process.

All the best for you
media and entertainment thats the field I want to chase my dreams plus am single so I think I can handle the stress before I sort myself out
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:29am On Apr 20, 2021
FiverrTutor:

You're very correct my brother. You should know by now that Nigerians are extremely very negative people!!!
sure
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:30am On Apr 20, 2021
yesloaded:

Lagos of 90s is not Lagos of today

Don't raise your hope too high so you don't feel disappointed although that doesnt stop you from going for what you want

I wish you the best
thanks
Re: Coming To Lagos For Opportunities! by andyblinks05: 11:32am On Apr 20, 2021
Catfishing:

The way you type is a complete opposite of what you preach.

How can you boost of being a graduate of English Language, but you sound bang average?

Lets be guided, please.
this is a social platform, do you expect me to construct sentence like am writing an application?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Job Seekers: What Jobs Can You Do? / 104,403 Northerners, 23,088 Southerners Apply For 2021 Police Recruitment / In 2018, Make Sure Your Resume Excludes These Errors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.