Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,813 members, 7,806,283 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Please Guys How Do Urhobo Share Properties To Female Child ! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Please Guys How Do Urhobo Share Properties To Female Child ! (728 Views)

If Isoko Are Nt Urhobo, How Are Ukwani/ikwere Now Igbo(innocent Question) / Which Tribe Has Best Soup ; igbo Vs efik/ibibio Vs urhobo/ijaw / Signifiance Of Daura Emirate Turbaning Ceremony Of Female Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Guys How Do Urhobo Share Properties To Female Child ! by golor(m): 11:03pm On Apr 19, 2021
My dad is late and his properties are about to be shared among the two gate (wives) in urhobo we call it gate . In my mother's side I am the only son with three girls two married one not married.

We are still struggling on how they will share it between the two gate my sist which is married is already acting like we both hv same right in our share when we hv our parts . To me , I am sure female owning properties in urhobo is out of fairness and not right not that I am thinking of taking all the properties that's far from me cause I am trying even before my dad died. Even when my dad was alive but sick in hospital she brought up talk like this but my dad countered her by telling her girls don't hv right to properties her in law an urhobo man conquered to it .

Now she feels our share may come in three months time....she's so hard on it ,I am telling her I can't eat ur father properties alone cause me self get conscience. It will be shared but not it's done out of fairness not right ....I hv the right to say take this and leave this some greedy brothers will eat it all. But no,I can't having a struggling sists and do that ...more so, I hv told her I will consider my elder sister that's not married to her ..

Pls any urhobo man or woman here ...shed more light how it's done pls ..
Re: Please Guys How Do Urhobo Share Properties To Female Child ! by RedDesQ: 11:07pm On Apr 19, 2021
According to the principles that guides the clan.. It's solely to your conscience to guide you. You aren't guided by any principles to share by percentage, or quota.

You are to trust your soul and spirit and exercise your will in justice and fairness. This has always been how it works. You are to however do it in a way you carry them along and not make them feel delegated to..

I advice you list the properties first. And then go to your senior sisters place and tell them one by one, you would like to hear their expectations.

Make sure dey speak all their mind

Make sure you don't speak a word

When they finish bearing all their mind. Tell them you've heard them and that you need a month you will get back to them

After your fact finding mission and careful thinking, the spirit of truth and uprightness will direct you.

If you feel you have sisters you like to share assests with but the husbands will abuse it, there's a way to go about it. Don't give such everything once, but in bits like monthly salary for ten years. This way, a greedy in law will not have direct access to everything once.

In all, your sisters are your first children

Truth, Fairness, Justice and Uprightness remains the guiding principle.
Re: Please Guys How Do Urhobo Share Properties To Female Child ! by golor(m): 11:25pm On Apr 19, 2021
RedDesQ:
According to the principles that guides the clan.. It's solely to your conscience to guide you. You aren't guided by any principles to share by percentage, or quota.

You are to trust your soul and spirit and exercise your will in justice and fairness. This has always been how it works. You are to however do it in a way you carry them along and not make them feel delegated to..

I advice you list the properties first. And then go to your senior sisters place and tell them one by one, you would like to hear their expectations.

Make sure dey speak all their mind

Make sure you don't speak a word

When they finish bearing all their mind. Tell them you've heard them and that you need a month you will get back to them

After your fact finding mission and careful thinking, the spirit of truth and uprightness will direct you.

If you feel you have sisters you like to share assests with but the husbands will abuse it, there's a way to go about it. Don't give such everything once, but in bits like monthly salary for ten years. This way, a greedy in law will not have direct access to everything once.

In all, your sisters are your first children

Truth, Fairness, Justice and Uprightness remains the guiding principle.

Lovely ..thank you Sir .
Re: Please Guys How Do Urhobo Share Properties To Female Child ! by RedDesQ: 11:27pm On Apr 19, 2021
golor:

Lovely ..thank you Sir .

wink
Re: Please Guys How Do Urhobo Share Properties To Female Child ! by LeoThaGreat(m): 10:07am On Apr 20, 2021
Dear OP,
Though your question is directed at Urhobo people, I feel urged to make a contribution.
I will urge you to share your father's properties EQUALLY with your sisters, there's no length too far females can't go when they feel cheated. There's no share you will get that wouldn't multiply if you are shrewd.
The world we live in is tough for both genders, don't deprive your sisters of a fair additional means of income.
Abeg
Re: Please Guys How Do Urhobo Share Properties To Female Child ! by golor(m): 3:58pm On Apr 20, 2021
LeoThaGreat:
Dear OP,
Though your question is directed at Urhobo people, I feel urged to make a contribution.
I will urge you to share your father's properties EQUALLY with your sisters, there's no length too far females can't go when they feel cheated. There's no share you will get that wouldn't multiply if you are shrewd.
The world we live in is tough for both genders, don't deprive your sisters of a fair additional means of income.
Abeg

Thanks but it can't be shared equally. I am a single young man among my three sist two are married left alone one ....after preference is giving to me ,the other unmarried comes in before the two married noted can't be shared equally I hv more responsibility compare to them thanks ..

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Man Vs Igbo Man / Masquerade Chased Church Members Away And Took Over The Funeral Service In Akwa / Onitsha People Are Not Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.