Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,237 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) (13914 Views)

Hausas And Fulanis In Enugu Taking Refuge In Army Barracks - Ekweremmadu / Ambode Has Just Sold Us To The Hausas In Mile 12 / Diezani Allison-Madueke Elected As OPEC Alternate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Jenifa1: 12:55am On Apr 21, 2011
Nairaland is represented predominantly by southerners and so a lot of the comments about hausas lately are very negative and I wanted to use this thread as an avenue to let hausa members (esp. those living in the north) to air their own views and opinion on the current affairs in Nigeria.

I personally am trying to see things a bit from northern perspective because I know we are all human beings and people tend to rationalize the decisions that they make. I think i've had enough igbo/yoruba perspective of the "barbaric" northerners. This thread is for Hausa to speak for themselves.

No abusive, condescending words allowed here.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Nadanbata: 1:04am On Apr 21, 2011
For me its simple. Dont blame the Almajari (homeless/beggers etc). They are a Product of the (knowing) faliure of Naija leadership (PDP). Blame PDP with ther $1000 suits. SMH.

Buhari didnt order no riots, it was spontaneous. And of course I condem all violence targetted at the minortites in the North.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by EzeUche3(m): 1:06am On Apr 21, 2011
^^^

That is complete utter nonsense! Northerners have been rioting even before Nigeria gained its independence.

And they always target innocent people. You can't blame PDP for this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Kilode1: 1:07am On Apr 21, 2011
~Subscribe~
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Chyz2: 1:09am On Apr 21, 2011
Nadanbata:

For me its simple. Dont blame the Almajari (homeless/beggers etc). They are a Product of the (knowing) faliure of Naija leadership (PDP). Blame PDP with ther $1000 suits. SMH.

Buhari didnt order no riots, it was spontaneous. And of course I condem all violence targetted at the minortites in the North.

A simple apology,none of you demons can give that. Earlier I called my family members back home and you can for sure expect you people to be slaughtered this week. Damn nonsense Ekwensu kpokwa gi oku!!!
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Nadanbata: 1:12am On Apr 21, 2011
EzeUche__:

^^^

That is complete utter nonsense! Northerners have been rioting even before Nigeria gained its independence.

And they always target innocent people. You can't blame PDP for this nonsense.

Poverty
sir. You see any Northerners rioting in FCT? No, cause they belly 'full'.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Chyz2: 1:14am On Apr 21, 2011
Nadanbata:

Poverty

They rioted in Abj to you gay! Where have you been?!!! undecided angry
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by EzeUche3(m): 1:15am On Apr 21, 2011
Nadanbata:

Poverty

Some more nonsense. Do you see the people in South rioting due to poverty? And there was rioting in Abuja.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Chyz2: 1:15am On Apr 21, 2011
Nadanbata:

Poverty

They rioted in Abj too you gay! Where have you been?!!! undecided angry
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Nadanbata: 1:16am On Apr 21, 2011
Chyz*:

A simple apology,none of you demons can give that. Earlier I called my family members back home and you can for sure expect you people to be slaughtered this week. Damn nonsense Ekwensu kpokwa gi oku!!!

Demons ? the hatred is stronger than I thought. But me I dont hate you sir. I hate the elites who wish to keep us divided and refuse to let us proper as a nation.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by SEFAGO(m): 1:17am On Apr 21, 2011
No abusive, condescending words allowed here.

Hehe, took just two posts grin
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Tunsbobo(m): 1:23am On Apr 21, 2011
I don't know why God put hausas in this part of the world, they belong to countries like afghanistan, iraq e.t.c, not nigeria! Yeye tribe
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Kilode1: 1:24am On Apr 21, 2011
@Nadabanta, invite more of your friends in here if possible, so we can get some more perspectives.

I agree poverty might be a factor, but millions are poor in the south too. People rioted in the SW when they got cheated in 1983, but they basically attacked and sometimes killed their own opposition political leaders, not foreigners.

Do you think other factors are in play aside poverty?
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Nadanbata: 1:25am On Apr 21, 2011
EzeUche__:

Some more nonsense. Do you see the people in South rioting due to poverty? And there was rioting in Abuja.

Was there? I thought it turned out to be fake? anyway Poverty can cause such issues, If you wish to deny poverty as a factor and look at it with ethnic/religous glasses you are free to do so, me however I will focus on the root cause and that is deprivation due to corrupted system of our nation.

Also where Emirs not targeted? where politicians not targetted?
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Nadanbata: 1:30am On Apr 21, 2011
Tunsbobo:

I don't know why God put hausas in this part of the world, they belong to countries like afghanistan, iraq e.t.c, not nigeria! Yeye tribe

Lols, what is Nigeria ? Is it not 36 states and tribes including Hausa and Igbo that came together? If you want to seperate, create your own party and campaign on referendum for seperation. But know that if you or we leave there is no more Nigeria sir.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by ektbear: 1:32am On Apr 21, 2011
I don't think the Hausa man is fundamentally bad. Just the culture is too hierchical. People don't question their leaders robbing them blind for many, many years with nothing to show for it.

This also makes them susceptible to be used as pawns by political leaders.

Is this the culture? Lack of education? I don't think it isn't something that cannot be fixed in time. But you need to get rid of all these useless Sultans, Emirs, generals and replace them with good leaders. And start QUESTIONING authority. If the Imam tells you something, question it. He is a man like yourself, not a god.

The indirect rule policy of the British really, really screwed them over. If the British had their real, longterm interests at heart, they'd have broken the power of th emirs, not strengthened it with indirect rule.

1 Like

Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Kilode1: 1:37am On Apr 21, 2011
I know this is a difficult request to heed on Nairaland: but let us allow Nadanbata talk without insulting him.

If other Northerners are ghosting on this thread, this will be a good time to register and share your perspectives like Jenifa suggested.

Personally I do not care if Nigeria splits as long as we get this country restructured. I don't think we need to de-humanize ourselves in the process though.

Oya, make una look this Hausa advert, kinda nice. wink

I'm sure we don't get to see this a lot in the South and vice versa
[flash=490,480]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOZZrluxEZE[/flash]
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by ektbear: 1:42am On Apr 21, 2011
^-- That is a great video grin

Your emphasis on "de-humanize" is important. We cannot forget that the guy on the other side (Hausa) in this case, are flesh and blood humans just like you and me.

That video helps emphasize this point.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by jmaine: 1:44am On Apr 21, 2011
You burn churches, kill non muslims, non natives and call it political when it's glaring they are trying to tell them  . .you were those who voted in the infidel  . . . who are you trying to deceive that is purely political . . . maybe when the south retaliate as well in equal measures then we will gladly tell you that it was also political . . .Please accept the verdict when your kindred are selectively murdered and your worship places destroyed  angry angry
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Kilode1: 1:46am On Apr 21, 2011
@eku_ bear, Thank you! so the kids melted one southern heart?  Now we are getting there. cheesy
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by CrudeOil2(m): 1:47am On Apr 21, 2011
Okay. . . so because they did not kill any of your family/friend two days ago you have decide to applaud and appreciate them. No problem.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Nadanbata: 1:48am On Apr 21, 2011
@ Kilode?!

The problem I have with splitting is that. It still wont take away the fundamental problem that all Nigerians share CORRUPTION, Just Cause the North goes doesnt mean suddenly people in the South start 'eating'. For the same people manipulating us will be there. This why Its better we sort out the problem together for we would all be much better off than going individually in the long run.

The split would be impractical anway. How would you do it ? What if some dont agree with how it is carried out? Remember the UN only recgonises NIGERIA, not Arewa Republic, or Ijaw Republic, Or Yoruba Land etc.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by CrudeOil2(m): 1:53am On Apr 21, 2011
Nadanbata:

@ Kilode?!

The problem I have with splitting is that. It still wont take away the fundamental problem that all Nigerians share CORRUPTION, Just Cause the North goes doesnt mean suddenly people in the South start 'eating'. For the same people manipulating us will be there. This why Its better we sort out the problem together for we would all be much better off than going individually in the long run.

The split would be impractical anway. How would you do it ? What if some dont agree with how it is carried out? Remember the UN only recgonises NIGERIA, not Arewa Republic, or Ijaw Republic, Or Yoruba Land etc.

Trash. Who open this in the first place? is the person mad?
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Nadanbata: 1:55am On Apr 21, 2011
jmaine:

You burn churches, kill non muslims, non natives and call it political when it's glaring they are trying to tell them  . .you were those who voted in the infidel  . . . who are you trying to deceive that is purely political . . . maybe when the south retaliate as well in equal measures then we will gladly tell you that it was also political . . .Please accept the verdict when your kindred are selectively murdered and your worship places destroyed  angry angry

Feel free to Join us in the "Barbaric" acts you accuse all Hausaman of commiting. Lets see how far.

Or much better let your people take to the streets and demand Igbo or whoever secession from Nigeria. See if your PDP governors wont bring in the army to quel rebellion. For them Governors are 'eating' from Naijas cake why dey gon seperate for ??
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Nadanbata: 1:58am On Apr 21, 2011
@ Crude Oil

expand on that bros
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Kilode1: 2:00am On Apr 21, 2011
@Nadanbata, splitting is not the end, it is just one political tool. I want restructuring and I do not care about the UN as much as you do. If Nigerians vote overwhelmingly for a political solution.  The UN will just add more names to their number list, it has nothing to do with them really. If you had said Oil companies I would understand

Anyway I can post links to my ideas on what we need to do. Outright splitting is not the only option.

I don't want to derail this thread though. This is for you and yours to speak and share your perspectives. Fire on!
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Katsumoto: 2:04am On Apr 21, 2011
Nadanbata:

@ Kilode?!

You are right to an extent that there will be problems in the new republics but one can't really say what problems will exist. But I know one problem will go away: the killing of innocent youth corpers who get slaughtered while supposedly serving their nation. I am pro-Nigeria but in so far as there is peace. What is the purpose of a unified nation when people get slaughtered like cows by fellow citizens for one ludicrous reason or the other? If and when Nigeria splits, any southerner who ventures into Northern will only have himself/herself to blame for any deadly misfortune.

If the break-up of Nigeria will eliminate the killings of innocent people, then Nigeria should split.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Katsumoto: 2:07am On Apr 21, 2011
Kilode?!:

@Nadanbata, splitting is not the end, it is just one political tool. I want restructuring and I do not care about the UN as much as you do. If Nigerians vote overwhelmingly for a political solution.  The UN will just add more names to their number list, it has nothing to do with them really. If you had said Oil companies I would understand

Anyway I can post links to my ideas on what we need to do. Outright splitting is not the only option.

I don't want to derail this thread though. This is for you and yours to speak and share your perspectives. Fire on!

If murderous Northern brigands persist in killing Southerners, then Nigeria should split regardless of whatever political solution is available. There are people suffering in the South as well but you don't see them on murderous rampages.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Nadanbata: 2:10am On Apr 21, 2011
Kilode?!:

Not just UN, trade agreements, diplomatic etc etc. Travel, business. It would put an stop to all that some would recognise all the states, some only Nigeria. Situation could drag on for years. Thats even before any refrendum was put together. What if 45% agree to split 55% dont? You think there wont be trouble/civil war that would put us back 50 years? Split aint no Abracadabra let me tell all who think its easy like them JUJU numbers 99.89% GEJ pulled at home  cheesy cheesy

Plus I still need an explnation of how splitting will eliminate the corruption thats holding us back? Or Is people beleive the corrupted leaders up North are causing the 419 in the Delta? Or rather is it your own leaders causing your own 419?.

we speaking post away  cheesy .
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by Nobody: 2:13am On Apr 21, 2011
[flash=320,380]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q76UngzHX5Y[/flash]

na so them all be
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by ektbear: 2:13am On Apr 21, 2011
Kilode?!:

@eku_ bear, Thank you! so the kids melted one southern heart?  Now we are getting there. cheesy

My heart is not made of stone, hehe grin

Nadanbata:

@ Kilode?!

The problem I have with splitting is that. It still wont take away the fundamental problem that all Nigerians share CORRUPTION, Just Cause the North goes doesnt mean suddenly people in the South start 'eating'.
Sure, it is possible that corruption won't decrease. But is corruption the only reason to split apart the country? No, it is not.

For the same people manipulating us will be there. This why Its better we sort out the problem together for we would all be much better off than going individually in the long run.
What is your argument for the text in bold? Why would we be better sorting out our problems all together rather than separately? Sometimes, it is easier to break a big problem into several smaller, more manageable chunks.

Well, splitting off Yorubaland at least would be easy. It was only conquered by the colonialists in the 1800s. So there is still plenty of documentation available to say who owned what, what the boundaries are. We can just revert back to the status quo in say 1850, and then have the numerous separate states then negotiate how they want to join together.
Re: The Hausas (an Alternate Pespective) by jmaine: 2:15am On Apr 21, 2011
Nadanbata:

Feel free to Join us in the "Barbaric" acts you accuse all Hausaman of commiting. Lets see how far.

Or much better let your people take to the streets and demand Igbo or whoever secession from Nigeria. See if your PDP governors wont bring in the army to quel rebellion. For them Governors are 'eating' from Naijas cake why dey gon seperate for ??

Your savagery kind keep spilling blood at any giving opportunity, and as we speak . .innocent NYSC members are being hacked down by those beast that reside in the North and you feel people should not get mad . . . . . When my people take to the streets . .all you will see is the mutilated corpse of your kindred scattered all over . . .  Guess you have forgotten that in recent times your kindred have been migrating southwards in droves seeking to earn a living and also escape the desert encroachment threatening their region . .when the full blow comes  . .i promise you it will be in high numbers . .it's time the stvpidity exhibited by the vastly illiterate population of the hausas need to be put to bed . . .just because they have no cause to live for, must not make them take that of a promising citizen . . . .And Who the hell do the hausas think they are, that they feel they can Lord over other people  . . . . Your crusade should not begin on nairaland but on the streets where those animals are holding sway . . .educate them first  . .then you can come and inform us of their good behavior  . . . and conducts towards the sanity of respecting peoples right to live . . .

You all been cool and acting nice don't know what, and how it feels losing a loved one to a careless and unwarranted act of violence . . .Silence should not be taken as cowardice . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Obaseki, Edo APC Hail Inauguration Of Party’s Nat'l Reconciliation C'ttee / Buhari Orders Arrest, Prosecution Of Illegal Arms Bearers / I Am A Lion, I Will Send Yahaya Bello To The Zoo Where He Lives - Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.