Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,990 members, 7,806,880 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault (11291 Views)

Court Orders CCT Chairman, Umar To Appear Before Senate / Code Of Conduct Chairman, Umar Sues Victim, Demand Stop Of Senate Inquiry / Aisha Yesufu Calls For Danladi Umar’s Removal As CCT Chairman (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by Islie: 12:16pm On Apr 20, 2021
By Sanni Onogu, Abuja
The Senate on Tuesday referred a petition against chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) Danladi Umar over alleged assault on a guard, Clement Sagwak, at Banex Plaza, Wuse 2, Abuja.

The incident occurred on March 29, 2021.

Sagwak had also petitioned the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) to probe the incident.

Senator Istifanus Gyang (Plateau North) submitted a petition on the incident to the Senate on behalf of his constituent, Sagwak.

Sagwak, had in his petition dated April 9 2021 and signed by his lawyer, Samuel Ihensekhien, accused the CCT chairman of abuse of power, assault, torture, and ‘xenophobia’.

A viral five- minute video captured Umar and the guard having an altercation at the plaza.

Sagwak, 22, and an employee of Jul Reliable Guards Services Limited, told the Senate he was attacked by Umar last month.

He said he was assaulted by Umar and a policeman attached to him after he informed him (Umar) that his car was not properly parked.

He said the CCT boss slapped him several times and forced him to kneel down in the presence of everybody while undergoing his lawful activities.

Senator Gyang said his constituent is asking the Senate to investigate the incident and ensure justice is served.

He called on the Senate to give the petition a speedy consideration.

Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, referred the petition to the Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions to report back to plenary in four weeks.
https://thenationonlineng.net/senate-probes-cct-chairman-umar-over-alleged-assault/

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by Anter: 12:22pm On Apr 20, 2021
Senator Istifanus Gyang (Plateau North) submitted a petition on the incident to the Senate on behalf of his constituent, Sagwak.

Now you are talking

21 Likes

Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 12:31pm On Apr 20, 2021
God bless the Senator.

23 Likes

Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by Nobody: 12:32pm On Apr 20, 2021
I WILL NEVER SUPPORT THIS MAN. I dont care if he is from the north, what he did was evil and unwarranted for, infact the prophet said we shouldn't oppress those under us.

He needs to be sacked.

Note: Stop trying to kiss my ass, it won't stop me from supporting Dr. Isa Patami.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by Benbellamor: 12:38pm On Apr 20, 2021
Segwak(the Guard)is even from plateau
Not even a Biafran

Na wah o

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by SpecialAdviser(m): 12:42pm On Apr 20, 2021
A lot of nonentities serving under Buhari government and you expect the country to progress.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by IfGodbeforus(m): 12:44pm On Apr 20, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
I WILL NEVER SUPPORT THIS MAN. I dont care if he is from the north, what he did was evil and unwarranted for, infact the prophet said we shouldn't oppress those under us.

He needs to be sacked.

This is a breath of fresh air from you. For the first time ever, you make a reasonable comment as a human with a conscience. Sincerely, I am proud of you for this.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by Johnkay01: 12:45pm On Apr 20, 2021
Ok
Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by nairalandankrah: 12:45pm On Apr 20, 2021
What will come out of this probe??..lols so long as the culprit isn't from the south, his position is eternally guaranteed..
You can't fool is into thinking that something will come out of this playing to the gallery

9 Likes

Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 20, 2021
Four weeks is too much.

Lawn is a disaster.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by LibertyRep: 1:18pm On Apr 20, 2021
His employer should have taken the lead by suspending him
Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 20, 2021
IfGodbeforus:

This is a breath of fresh air. For the first time ever you made a reasonable comment. For the first time ever , you make a comment as a human with a conscience.
Sincerely, I am proud of you for this.

SHUT UP. stop trying to kiss my ass.

What the man did was not right, he would have apologised publicly or privately to him.

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by Olawumi1032(f): 1:40pm On Apr 20, 2021
Okay
Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by shegun4sur: 1:41pm On Apr 20, 2021
And then the case grows cold, dead and legally buried
Why does this case need probing by senate please?
Is the man not supposed to have been arrested for assault based on the available incontrovertible evidence

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by Revere27: 1:41pm On Apr 20, 2021
Probe that we know that nothing would come out of it.

Make them dey deceive themselves undecided
Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by bolaayenimo: 1:41pm On Apr 20, 2021
fake probe
Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by bestman09(m): 1:41pm On Apr 20, 2021
sad
Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by Jessicaos(f): 1:41pm On Apr 20, 2021
Good

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by ictjobber: 1:42pm On Apr 20, 2021
Audio

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by JosephXavier: 1:42pm On Apr 20, 2021
If a Plateau man can be referred to as a Biafran, then they should be included in the map of Biafra

Considering the fact that they have also suffered from the heinous activity of Fulanis in their state

And for the Senate, this is really commendable

The CCT man will now know that he is not untouchable

Even if another Fulani Muslims replaces him, it's not a problem

Next person that should be probed is sheikh Isa Pantami

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by Kuginzi: 1:42pm On Apr 20, 2021
When the haunter is being haunted!!

Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by Nigeriabiafra82: 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2021
Biafra boys
Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by okomile(f): 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2021
No be today

Nothing will come out of this

Time wasters grin

5 Likes

Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by desmond2pk: 1:47pm On Apr 20, 2021
Buhari and his boko haram boys
Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 20, 2021
I hope this case does not end like that of the Love Machine buying slapping senator. grin

1 Like

Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by Trimjos: 1:52pm On Apr 20, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

He needs to be sacked.

which prophet?? the one that commanded all unbelievers to be killed?

11 Likes

Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by Godblessbiafraa: 1:53pm On Apr 20, 2021
grin
Re: Senate Probes CCT Chairman, Umar Over Alleged Assault by leofab(f): 1:59pm On Apr 20, 2021
Hush

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Don't Belong To The Biafrans! A South/south Voices Out. / Aisha Buhari Prays At Eid-el-kabir (video) / Oba Of Benin In Lagos, Says Tinubu Presidency Is God-Ordained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.