Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Why Does My Pc Game Lag When I Connect It To My Tv With HDMI cord? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Why Does My Pc Game Lag When I Connect It To My Tv With HDMI cord? (1927 Views)

Why Does My Pes2020 Lag When Playing Online ? / How Can I Configure Control Keys On PC Game Pad / Help!!! PES 2017 Wouldn't Play On My PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does My Pc Game Lag When I Connect It To My Tv With HDMI cord? by LOSKYXANDER: 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2021
I noticed that when I project my PC to my HD TV via my HDMI cord, my game lags on the TV. This mostly happens when playing games with high graphics quality.
Is anyone experiencing same thing? Please help.
Thanks
Re: Why Does My Pc Game Lag When I Connect It To My Tv With HDMI cord? by SweetBuns(f): 12:38pm On Apr 21, 2021
Either the HDMI output is not high enough to transfer the high graphic data packets from the pc to the tv or the port of the tv or pc is faulty

I believe the former is more likely
Re: Why Does My Pc Game Lag When I Connect It To My Tv With HDMI cord? by LOSKYXANDER: 12:43pm On Apr 21, 2021
SweetBuns:
Either the HDMI output is not high enough to transfer the high graphic data packets from the pc to the tv or the port of the tv or pc is faulty

I believe the former is more likely
I have tried it with a different cord (DSTV follow come cord) but the result is the same. It's a new TV though
Re: Why Does My Pc Game Lag When I Connect It To My Tv With HDMI cord? by SweetBuns(f): 12:52pm On Apr 21, 2021
LOSKYXANDER:

I have tried it with a different cord (DSTV follow come cord) but the result is the same. It's a new TV though
Please make sure your HDMI ports on your TV and PC respectively are working properly

Try another laptop with the TV and see what happens
Re: Why Does My Pc Game Lag When I Connect It To My Tv With HDMI cord? by LOSKYXANDER: 1:30pm On Apr 21, 2021
SweetBuns:

Please make sure your HDMI ports on your TV and PC respectively are working properly

Try another laptop with the TV and see what happens
Thanks, I found the solution. I had to reduce the game graphics resolution
Re: Why Does My Pc Game Lag When I Connect It To My Tv With HDMI cord? by naijasensei: 1:45pm On Apr 21, 2021
LOSKYXANDER:
I noticed that when I project my PC to my HD TV via my HDMI cord, my game lags on the TV. This mostly happens when playing games with high graphics quality.
Is anyone experiencing same thing? Please help.
Thanks

There are several things you have to consider.
1. Resolution and refresh rate. Make sure the TV can keep up with the output from your PC. If your PC is rendering games at over 60fps and your PC tops out at 30fps, the experience will not be too good. Also, if your PC is running games at 1080p, and your TV can only support upto 720p - it won't look good.
2. Make sure the HDMI cable you are using is cable of supplying good signals (display port cable is a good alternative to HDMI).
3. Check your TV's response time, is it fast enough? PC monitors have fast response times compared to TVs, so a TV with a slow response time can have laggy pictures.

For issues 1, and 3 - check your TV to see if it has a "Gaming Mode", which can help in alleviating these issues.

Edit: I see you have found a solution.
Re: Why Does My Pc Game Lag When I Connect It To My Tv With HDMI cord? by Onyeka90210(m): 12:19pm On Apr 22, 2021
It's not advisable playing games with a tv, because TVs usually have a slower response,(usually measured in ms(, if the problem is not related to the response time, then you have to enable v-sync in game settings, it smoothens the gameplay and locks the fps, but if its lagging because of your laptop specs you may have to lower the graphics for optimum performance

(1) (Reply)

Simon -- One Of The Best Games Of The 80's. / Man Hacks Video Game To Propose To Girlfriend / Wintendo Wi Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.