Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa (18788 Views)

Electricity: Sterling Bank Headquarters In Lagos Goes Off-Grid With Solar Panels / Prince Arthur Eze Arrives At The Opening Of Zone 13 Police Headquarters In Style / CBN Headquarters In Abuja Currently On Fire! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by ekestic1976(f): 5:50pm On Apr 21, 2021
Onlinealaba:
We missed out on this again, Giant of Africa by population embarassed

Fraudulent population statistics which states that arid desert dwellers are more than than the people of the most congenial deciduous forest areas. Only in Nigeria!
Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by Max24: 5:51pm On Apr 21, 2021
Why will they want to associate with Nigeria when we are ruled by nepotistic leader whose only concern is his tribe and religion? Obasanjo said so: fulanisation and islamization of Nigeria instead of a greater Nigeria.
Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by drakeli: 5:52pm On Apr 21, 2021
9jaRealist:
>
Amazon is primarily a LOGISTICS company...
It was never going to locate its regional HQ in Nigeria (or even Ghana).

Even in the US, it “rejected” SCORES of cities for its 2d HQ...
The notion that every multinational should be located in Nigeria is DELUSIONAL!

>

What’s this one talking about? What’s your point?
Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by LordOfTheGame: 5:52pm On Apr 21, 2021
The strategic aligement and realignment is taking place and sadly, the zoo is not anywhere to be found. The rest of the sane countries are been targeted for development and partnership but fulani terrorists run gov't is busy rescuing cows and importing grasses for them from Brazil and granting amnesty to hardened Muslim terrorists.

Next is Biafra getting endorsement and partnership for future development and growth.
Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 21, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

YES!!!! They are the major problem of Nigeria!!! Travel and see how much Nigerians are being hated by foreigners due to the high fraudulent activities going on within and outside.
I do not expect any sane foreigner to invest in Nigeria! Don’t blame the government, blame yourselves.

Stop justifying your illicit actions.

Dude..to blame the failure of Nigeria on yahoo boys is wow!..Dude, be honest to yourself..not to me or anyone ekse...but yourself
Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by The5DME(m): 5:53pm On Apr 21, 2021
Karleb:
I'm sure other countries are doing Ooin to Nigeria.grin

This is the best time to learn how to code.
we're on it sir.
Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by femijay8271(m): 5:53pm On Apr 21, 2021
Gbengaolowe32:
Awon Oloriburuku jatijati Oloselu ti ba Naijiria je

Gbenga...kilo dey?
Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by Edeyoung: 5:55pm On Apr 21, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

How can he convince them? A country full of internet fraudsters? Sorry, even I wouldn’t dare and I’m not even Buhari’s fan.

See this mumu na internet fraudster make everybody poor for the country can you afford stuff from amazon if it is launched in Nigeria

You get relaxer for brain
Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by Nairalandmonika: 5:58pm On Apr 21, 2021
seunsiju:
wailers food don ripe again....reno omokri and co
And u are happy about this, tech company dodging Nigerian like a plague, the so called giant of Africa.
Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by SniperSmurf(m): 5:59pm On Apr 21, 2021
Amazon doesn't need Naija wahala
Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by Oppy2k2: 6:00pm On Apr 21, 2021
The dullard and his terrorists gang have finished Nigeria
Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by Reference(m): 6:00pm On Apr 21, 2021
9jaRealist:
>
Amazon is primarily a LOGISTICS company...
It was never going to locate its regional HQ in Nigeria (or even Ghana).

Even in the US, it “rejected” SCORES of cities for its 2d HQ...
The notion that every multinational should be located in Nigeria is DELUSIONAL!

>

Nigeria is the preeminent importer of goods and services on the continent. It cannot make sense to locate a logistics company outside our customs borders. It will simply make their goods more expensive to sell here.

They know this logic but the overwhelming challenges this country faces must have tilted their opinion away.

This is practically what we call the cost of doing business in Nigeria which Amazon will face as well. Nigeria is seriously hostile to investment. There are few things beyond the large but tragically poor population that attracts.

If we are not careful all future investment will amount to more than the production of diapers and 'durex'....if you catch the sad drift.

1 Like

Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by WeRblessed(f): 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

YES!!!! They are the major problem of Nigeria!!! Travel and see how much Nigerians are being hated by foreigners due to the high fraudulent activities going on within and outside.
I do not expect any sane foreigner to invest in Nigeria! Don’t blame the government, blame yourselves.

Stop justifying your illicit actions.

I am not justifying crime and will never zupport it. I don't need to travel, because I dont live in Nigeria. What I am telling you is what is going on. You hear the hype of Nigeriand being targetted for the crimes of the local nigerian yahoo boys are lies. In fact, they are more afraid of boko haram and insecurity than the local yahoo guys. Do you knoq how many Idian and Russians are being arrested every day for fraud in my community? You hardly hear anything about Nigerians. What you will here about Nigeri in my community is how most of them have masters degree, phd, hardworking, and Nigerian boko haram and corrup government. Idians are always on the news for social security scams. There are also a few nigerian email scams, but they are arrested in their home country nigeria. While i am not here to tic tac with you, again, yahoo people in nigerian dont even have a class yet in the international communities for now.
Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 21, 2021
Giant of Africa my ass. It’s hard to find any youth that hasn’t given up on this country.

1 Like

Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by Nairalandmonika: 6:04pm On Apr 21, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

How can he convince them? A country full of internet fraudsters? Sorry, even I wouldn’t dare and I’m not even Buhari’s fan.
Omo when it comes to internet fraud give it to Russia n China, what Nigeria boys do is deceive old white naive female to reap them of their money.
That's not the reason tech companies are not investing in Nigeria. The major reason is cost n complexity of doing business in Nigeria.

Secondly, infringement of human right.
Another thing is lack of basic amenities.

The only good thing Nigeria has is a large market, so these companies has decided to serve Nigeria from afar.

2 Likes

Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by Nairalandmonika: 6:05pm On Apr 21, 2021
justscorchone:
Giant of Africa my ass. It’s hard to find any youth that hasn’t given up on this country.
Core norther hausa n Fulani youth
Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by BigBashiru: 6:07pm On Apr 21, 2021
Seniorwriter:
Not surprised ....this country changed from GIANT OF AFRICA to GIANT-ANT OF AFRICA thanks to all the CLUELESS past and present political administrations and their useless policies.

S.A citizens enjoy the dividends of Amazon been in your country physically.
We youth must create a paradigm shift come 2023 elections by voting youthful visionary Aspirants to lead us.
How some sick youths still support old clueless Mofos on this platform and offline baffles and irritate me.
How do you expect that someone that has lived the better part of his or her life will plan a future for you young persons...SMH @those that fall in this nitwit category of youths with such dealings.

@Seniorwriter

They will soon come and start attacking you with sai baba till 2030 or BAT till 2030.... the youths of the country are spiritually cursed
Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by BigBashiru: 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2021
Nairalandmonika:

Omo when it comes to internet fraud give it to Russia n China, what Nigeria boys do is deceive old white naive female to reap them of their money.
That's not the reason tech companies are not investing in Nigeria. The major reason is cost n complexity of doing business in Nigeria.

Secondly, infringement of human right.
Another thing is lack of basic amenities.

The only good thing Nigeria has is a large market, so these companies has decided to serve Nigeria from afar.

Nigeria doesn't even have a large market. Nigeria has a large population with low purchasing power.

1 Like

Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by preciousmetals: 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2021
Who will like to associate themselves with a country rule by terrorist
Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by bigtt76(f): 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2021
Come Nigeria... Come. Nigeria but we never get anything to offer dem pass corruption, traffic and highed-attitude by security personnel

Kwanza:

https://www.tvcnews.tv/amazon-to-open-african-headquarters-in-south-africa/

1 Like

Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by 35824L: 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2021
Wailers will gather here from their gully erosion ravaged region to wail as if they love Nigeria. Ask them to suggest a solution, they will tell you Atiku who lives in faraway Dubai or Peter Obi who still has SARs case with James nwafar to answer.
Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by OROSUNBOLB(m): 6:14pm On Apr 21, 2021
Multinational companies and giant conglomerates are opening offices all over Africa except Nigeria ! Do you blame them ? Who would like to open or do any business in a country that shields known terrorists and violent ethnic group - miyetti nonsense from prosecution ? A lawless country in which sanctity of human life means nothing. A country that's deliberately programmed to fail ! How on can any society have somebody like Buhari as a leader and you expect such a society to ever progress ? Failure begets failure, shikena !

2 Likes

Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by IMASTEX: 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2021
Seniorwriter:
Not surprised ....this country changed from GIANT OF AFRICA to GIANT-ANT OF AFRICA thanks to all the CLUELESS past and present political administrations and their useless policies.

S.A citizens enjoy the dividends of Amazon been in your country physically.
We youth must create a paradigm shift come 2023 elections by voting youthful visionary Aspirants to lead us.
How some sick youths still support old clueless Mofos on this platform and offline baffles and irritate me.
How do you expect that someone that has lived the better part of his or her life will plan a future for you young persons...SMH @those that fall in this nitwit category of youths with such dealings.

@Seniorwriter
Well, poverty is a political tool used on them by those vultures to always have them under their control. Thus with just a meal they can conveniently mobilised as much youths as they want to act their bidding.
Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by Nairalandmonika: 6:19pm On Apr 21, 2021
BigBashiru:

Nigeria doesn't even have a large market. Nigeria has a large population with low purchasing power.
True
Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by OROSUNBOLB(m): 6:20pm On Apr 21, 2021
Those who still claim to be patriotic or love the useless country called Nigeria are those who are benefitting from the rots.

Nigeria is dead ! If there is anyone out there who claims to love Nigeria should tell us why ?
Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by dej26(m): 6:23pm On Apr 21, 2021
Kwanza:

https://www.tvcnews.tv/amazon-to-open-african-headquarters-in-south-africa/
Congratulations South Africa. Nigeria giant of Africa indeed

1 Like

Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by Ashirioluwa: 6:24pm On Apr 21, 2021
I don’t blame these investors that picked other African countries over Nigeria because no one will like to do business in kidnappers’ den

1 Like

Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by samwillyco1(m): 6:25pm On Apr 21, 2021
grin grin grin
ISIS and other terrorist organization
will choose NIGERIA for it's headquarter in AFRICA
grin grin grin

We no go carry last for everything grin grin grin
Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by Moutine(m): 6:28pm On Apr 21, 2021
SA again .. naija wake up
Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by jrusky(m): 6:42pm On Apr 21, 2021
Good move. Nice one amazon. When a terrorist runs a country no sane people, nation or organisation will want to Associate with such country.

2 Likes

Re: Amazon To Open African Headquarters In South Africa by TMKsouth: 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2021
This was announced a year or two ago, already. Guess its newsworthy coz Twitter went to Ghana.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian May Not Have Stable Power Supply In Five Years - Distributors / 5 Legitimate Ways Nigerians Can Build Residual Income On The Internet / Nigeria’s Excess Crude Account Down To $2.45 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.