Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This (84470 Views)

Pupils Drag Their Classmate To School After He Refused To Attend Classes(photos) / Secondary School Girl Twerks On Her Male Classmate. See Reactions / Female Student Performs Mouth Action On Her Classmate In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by Akharmony: 11:38am On Apr 22, 2021
guys can b class mates but surely not destiny mate..

Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by lekki1444: 11:44am On Apr 22, 2021
ashybabs:

make i come manage with u
sure bro, the more the merrier grin
Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by Itznam(m): 11:46am On Apr 22, 2021
bro she didnt see u loser jst let music play
Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by hstar: 12:02pm On Apr 22, 2021
santakris:
A reunion was planned.I was scared to attend. It was 5 years after university. What could I point to? I had read on some of my classmates that were now made men and women. I made up my mind not to attend. I did not want pity or to be the subject of gossip.
Another class mate called me and encouraged me. “Come along, you might meet classmates that might assist you”. On that note i attended.
The colleague picked me up. At the reunion, plenty of back slaps. Excitement and joy. I felt inadequate when people shared their current status. I sat in a lonely corner. What would I share? What success? What growth? Luckily, I was not called upon.
The reunion ended. No one asked for my number. Many just glanced over me. I left feeling more dejected.
Some months after, I got employed and also into farming. Luck shined and I prospered. Married. Sponsored one or two candidates and became a man of influence.
It was 15 years. Time for another reunion. I got my best car out. Wore my most expensive attire.I desired to go and impress to tell my story. Now I have something to say. Then wisdom came to me and my wife advised otherwise. What was I going to get? False affection? Acclaims and applause. Some envy?
I decided I would not attend. I would look for 5 of my classmates struggling to assist to heights. To make them feel more adequate. It would be discreet.
I did. I supported them. Despite not attending, I was applauded for contribution. Last time I was there, none saw me. In my absence, my success spoke. They all noticed I did not come.
I shook my head sadly. I had learnt a lesson. My friends would remain those that cared when I was poor. Not those that were friends with my cars and money in the bank.
Note:- Please, let's reach out to mates who have not made it up the ladder and assist them. A Yoruba adage says "ajo je o dun beni kan o ni" eating together is not sweet if some in the group are indigent and not contributing. Not sure if I got that right, but, let the message sink. One great lesson I learnt during this lockdown is that nothing else matters but our relationship with God and people. Ki Olorun ran wa lowo o,
Amin.
Remember that your achievements lie in the number of lives you touch positively.

COPIED
This may inspire you and others. Have a wonderful day
Wonderful

Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by OlujobaSamuel: 12:03pm On Apr 22, 2021
People and their nonsense pride.
I remember traveling from Lagos to Ogun around 2016, I met with a departmental colleague that graduated after me, he was just staring at me like is he seeing clearly, I was putting on a slippers and tee on pant. Me wey no send, I'm going to farm, why should I kit up as if I'm going to office.

Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by Elxandre(m): 12:04pm On Apr 22, 2021
chival:
What's mob though? I don't understand that part of the story.
means a car. A nice one at that. grin

Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by chival(f): 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2021
Elxandre:

means a car. A nice one at that. grin
Thanks for explaining.
Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by Wardstunna22(m): 12:12pm On Apr 22, 2021
You are more than a looser if you fail to ring her as promised...

Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by picklighthouse: 12:19pm On Apr 22, 2021
ashybabs:
i just had a rude awakening...

i feel so lost!

i ran into one of my school mates after 10 years... and there i was holding a black water proof bag while she called me from her mob...

no words, e b lyk say make ground swallow me!

we exchanged numbers and she showed genuine concern but its so fuxked up i cant dare ring her

am such a loser

Guy, I have read people's comments and your responses and honestly you marvel me.

My first question to you and maybe you should take this as a counsel: My friend never ever forget this, you don't have a mate.

Who are your mates please? Those you were born with the same year or these you entered school with same year? Are they those you graduated from school with or those you resumed employment with same day? Are your mates those you got married same year or those your wives put to bed with same month/day? Deliver yourself from that mentality of my mates, it doesn't exist. You are all on your individual lanes moving at your paces in life.

Now about the lady you saw and have vowed not to call, again you surprise me. Why are you so proud? And what does it matter if she has "made it" while you are still on your way? Have you given up on yourself already? So because you are holding a polythene bag along the road today, it means you will never drive your own car or be chauffeur driven in your life? What is wrong with you?

I will not tell you to bank on the lady helping you, so please don't put your mind there. But what if she could assist you? Probably through recommendation, contact or whatever way? So pride will stop you? You pray for God to bless you and he lets you meet a friend or an acquaintance, but arrogance won't let you speak him or her? Really?

Better pick up your phone now and call her. Speak with so much confidence, like someone who knows he has a bright future. Like someone who knows he might even be of assistance to the lady should she need your help. And not a loser begging for crumbs.

Guy, trust in God. Focus on your bright future. Continue to do your best. And before you know it, things will start easing up and you will soon have a great story to share with others too.

Good luck man.

Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by tunary(m): 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2021
Ashybabs why did you make this post in the first place? I guess you need advise.

Call her and communicate with her or else you will always remain where you are.

It is better to try and fail than not to try at all.

No let shame tie you down for one spot.

listen to the good advise of the people here on nairaland.

Lastly, you sounded so immature. Matured guys no dey shame o. no reason person face o. no let pride and low self-esteem show you pepper for life.
Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by Nackzy: 12:27pm On Apr 22, 2021
Jerryherd:

You better don't use a woman's clock to run your own race. Your female class mate can marry your father tomorrow and become your step mum, she might marry your boss and become your MD...

Just run your race on your own time

if you truly coined this by youself ,You're Nothing But a Wise Man,
Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:28pm On Apr 22, 2021
larryking540:

lol...he no even compare e self to man ,na woman the op funny sha

No mind am.

Stay blessed, bro.
Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by Yankee101: 12:29pm On Apr 22, 2021
Relax. There's more ahead than behind. It's not too late for you
Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by Karlosorji(m): 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2021
Wiseandtrue:
When you know that you are ashamed of the black nylon bag, why you buy am in the first place

Nobody can like you more that you like yourself jàré

This one wey you never say you won commit suicide
why you come de remind am about suicide? Abi na Wetin you want?
Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by Freelane33(m): 12:55pm On Apr 22, 2021
I’m not here to give you any piece of advice, you’re an adult , the choice is yours and make sure you have this at the back of your mind , you’ll always be responsible for every outcomes of the decisions you made

Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by skedy1(m): 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2021
Mumu talk/feeling
Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by Prettylima(f): 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2021
Jerryherd:

You better don't use a woman's clock to run your own race. Your female class mate can marry your father tomorrow and become your step mum, she might marry your boss and become your MD...

best comment so far truly the future is female
Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by gees101(m): 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2021
guy, dust ur shoulder call her, no arm in keeping in touch, still live your life genuine, nor go stain your hands oh, before dem give you money but you must get short time to live
Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by Brightspecimen(m): 1:02pm On Apr 22, 2021
You shouldn't feel down bro.. everyone get their race n it's better moving at ones pace rather feeling remorse about ones state..
Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by Neddyogu(m): 1:07pm On Apr 22, 2021
I don't understand, to hold black nylon na crime? Inferiority complex is all I see. Everybody no go be dangote naa

Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by larrybabanla(m): 1:35pm On Apr 22, 2021
my guy, shame no dey there. last week ,when I dey broke, I just chat up one of my old female student, she collect my acct number, send me 10k instantly, bro no go kill urself, just hustle normal ,las las wetin go b go b
Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by larrybabanla(m): 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2021
tunary:
Ashybabs why did you make this post in the first place? I guess you need advise.

Call her and communicate with her or else you will always remain where you are.

It is better to try and fail than not to try at all.

No let shame tie you down for one spot.

listen to the good advise of the people here on nairaland.

Lastly, you sounded so immature. Matured guys no dey shame o. no reason person face o. no let pride and low self-esteem show you pepper for life.
you just talk my mind, that op dey f up

Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by NagorGCFR(m): 1:47pm On Apr 22, 2021
The issue is how you perceive yourself worth, does she know if your car is parked somewhere around? When we see ourselves as failures, we believe people have the same image of us. Shebi you're alive and breathing, opportunities would come, except you're the lazy type

Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by PAQ(m): 1:51pm On Apr 22, 2021
Bro, Life can change in an instant, besides not everything that glitters is gold. You dont know what hell she goes through to maintain the life she lives, appreciate what you have and build on it.

Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by Abolarin91(m): 1:59pm On Apr 22, 2021
Ashamed that someone might help you!? That means you are happy with your present situation then...
ashybabs:
thats what i am ashamed off
Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by Abolarin91(m): 2:00pm On Apr 22, 2021
You are valid man!
greatcrown:
I think you have pride issue. You better call her afterall she was not ashamed of you when she saw you. Call her talk to her about what you do if she could recommend you for job. God will not come down to come and answer your prayer but He will use your network.
Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by golddare: 2:01pm On Apr 22, 2021
ashybabs:

i feel so lost!

i ran into one of my school mates after 10 years... and there i was holding a black water proof bag while she called me from her mob...

we exchanged numbers and she showed genuine concern but its so fuxked up i cant dare ring her

am such a loser

Who ego help? That may be the answer to all the prayers wey you dey disturb God with. Another option is for you is to continue planning your life and trust in God.
Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by Munzy14(m): 2:20pm On Apr 22, 2021
ashybabs:

i feel so lost!

am such a loser
Ewooo! this one loud....But, you need to be motivated..Make sure u move in the same pace with your peers....e get y...

Keep pushing...when it is your time, even if you no wear jersey, you go play and you go score.
Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by Munzy14(m): 2:22pm On Apr 22, 2021
Jerryherd:

seun need to laminate this comment for some guys here...
Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by Munzy14(m): 2:24pm On Apr 22, 2021
ashybabs:

thanks... its too late now
i will not bother calling her
Pride goes before that fatal fall...

She might be your destiny helper...Running into her was never planned...It was destined....

Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by IGoComotYaTeeth: 2:27pm On Apr 22, 2021
nrexzy:
Bros no worry.... Continue ur legit hustle one-day e go pay... Maybe na she go pave way for u
I'm shocked that plenty ppl are on this thread, if to say na relationship or sex talk now ppl go rush am
Re: I Ran Into My Classmate After 10 Years And She Did This by nrexzy: 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2021
IGoComotYaTeeth:
I'm shocked that plenty ppl are on this thread, if to say na relationship or sex talk now ppl go rush am

We need encourage each other naa... We all Dey fight different battles

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aerial And Ground Pictures Of The University Of Ghana / Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens / List Of Richest Students In University Of Lagos