Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Thread For Those Who Got Accepted Into Decagon Software Engineering Program - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Thread For Those Who Got Accepted Into Decagon Software Engineering Program (2431 Views)

My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa / Is Decagon Worth It? / A Thread For Tutorial On Python Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Those Who Got Accepted Into Decagon Software Engineering Program by TechCapon(m): 10:36pm On Apr 21, 2021
Hi, I received a mail from Decagon that I've passed the exam and I've been invited to proceed with the next phase. Now the problem is that Decagon abandoned the slack channel that we were all using to communicate and said we should use Circle which is not responding. Their social media handles are almost useless as they are not even responding to questions. I've not been able to network with anyone else who has been selected, that's why I created this thread. Is there anyone else on this forum who has been selected? Anyone going from Port Harcourt? What about those who have already passed through the program, kindly tell us your experience and how you were able to get a guarantor. Thanks

Lalasticlala

Re: Thread For Those Who Got Accepted Into Decagon Software Engineering Program by africanman85: 11:09pm On Apr 21, 2021
Is this a paid training or free ?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Those Who Got Accepted Into Decagon Software Engineering Program by TechCapon(m): 11:16pm On Apr 21, 2021
africanman85:
Is this a paid training or free ?
it's paid but you have the option to pay back after you finish the program and start working
Re: Thread For Those Who Got Accepted Into Decagon Software Engineering Program by Nickisindigo(m): 5:54am On Apr 22, 2021
Na the guarantor put me ogf
Re: Thread For Those Who Got Accepted Into Decagon Software Engineering Program by TechCapon(m): 5:12pm On Apr 22, 2021
Nickisindigo:
Na the guarantor put me ogf
the guarantor is the biggest challenge here and for a lot of people. The requirements is too high
Re: Thread For Those Who Got Accepted Into Decagon Software Engineering Program by Nickisindigo(m): 6:00pm On Apr 22, 2021
TechCapon:
the guarantor is the biggest challenge here and for a lot of people. The requirements is too high

I didn't bother writing the home test
Re: Thread For Those Who Got Accepted Into Decagon Software Engineering Program by TechCapon(m): 2:08am On Apr 23, 2021
Nickisindigo:

I didn't bother writing the home test
I wrote the test and I thank God that I passed but it'll be a miracle to get a guarantor unless oga Seun decides to come to my rescue. But on a serious note if I can't get a guarantor ready I won't be going to lagos for the in person assessment because there's no point.
Re: Thread For Those Who Got Accepted Into Decagon Software Engineering Program by spartan117(m): 11:01pm On Apr 23, 2021
TechCapon:
I wrote the test and I thank God that I passed but it'll be a miracle to get a guarantor unless oga Seun decides to come to my rescue. But on a serious note if I can't get a guarantor ready I won't be going to lagos for the in person assessment because there's no point.
What criteria is a person expected to match in order to qualify as a guarantor?
Re: Thread For Those Who Got Accepted Into Decagon Software Engineering Program by TechCapon(m): 11:19pm On Apr 23, 2021
spartan117:

What criteria is a person expected to match in order to qualify as a guarantor?
must have a landed property valued at over 3m naira, blah blah blah. Of course I have people who have such already but I can't involve them to sign something that I don't even understand.
Re: Thread For Those Who Got Accepted Into Decagon Software Engineering Program by codeGenius01(m): 4:03pm On Apr 24, 2021
Well if am ask if someone should take this up , my answer will be definitely No.

Why will one incur a debt of 4 million just becos he or she want to learn to program? They will give u a laptop and 40k stipends for six month,the job self is not guaranteed after the training. You are on your own.

One will not see all this from the beginning it is when you are to start paying that the reality will dawn on one .4 million payback.

It is a crazy agreement and I won't advise anyone to take such risky instead Go borrow money from people buy a good laptop and get some course and if one lack discipline to learn on his own Go look for paid mentorship or go to good training schools.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Universal Files And Folders Encryption (PGP) - Good For You / Software Developers Association (sda) Registered. / Years Of Programming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.