Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,102 members, 7,807,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Here Is The Challenge My Business Is Facing - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Here Is The Challenge My Business Is Facing (605 Views)

How To Overcome The Challenge Of Scaling Your Startup / Online Business Is An Illusion - There's No Business On The Internet / ”I Started My Business With N5,000, I Now Have 5 Bedroom Mansion In Lagos"- Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Is The Challenge My Business Is Facing by Admin9: 3:07am On Apr 22, 2021
Good morning,

Perhaps it's not only me that currently experience this challenge- Workforce. My business is a small one with two employees currently. The issue is that most of these youngsters don't want to work and would rather indulge in yahoo scam.

There is always a reason why they can't come to work the next day and despite the fact that i deduct from their salaries based on absence from work, it still doesn't make them punctual. Aside their salary which i pay them, i even give them (my employees) the opportunity to make extra cash through loading of goods for customers.

What i want now is where i can get loyal workers to sign contract with to work for a particular number of years after which i settle them enough for them to start their own business. Preferably, laborers as i can handle most of the managerial roles by myself.

Is there any advice you can give me? Thanks
Re: Here Is The Challenge My Business Is Facing by Roseey0(f): 3:16am On Apr 22, 2021
Following.

From my own location & experience
Don't be quick to recruit. Do your DD on everyone before you choose. I specifically rank candidates who live with their parents or older siblings/family friend more than those ones that live with friends and are constantly changing accommodation. This may not work in all location.

I also hear using a recruitment agency helps too but haven't explored it.

4 Likes

Re: Here Is The Challenge My Business Is Facing by greatnaija01: 4:44am On Apr 22, 2021
Admin9:
Good morning,

Perhaps it's not only me that currently experience this challenge- Workforce. My business is a small one with two employees currently. The issue is that most of these youngsters don't want to work and would rather indulge in yahoo scam.

There is always a reason why they can't come to work the next day and despite the fact that i deduct from their salaries based on absence from work, it still doesn't make them punctual. Aside their salary which i pay them, i even give them (my employees) the opportunity to make extra cash through loading of goods for customers.

What i want now is where i can get loyal workers to sign contract with to work for a particular number of years after which i settle them enough for them to start their own business. Preferably, laborers as i can handle most of the managerial roles by myself.

Is there any advice you can give me? Thanks

If you would provide accomodation.... YOU WILL SOLVE THIS PROBLEM...

also

I think you can get better ones from JIJI
Re: Here Is The Challenge My Business Is Facing by Fakbrown: 5:57am On Apr 22, 2021
If it is a job a female can do, do well employ females, boys today prefer yahoo to even working in the multi nationals
Re: Here Is The Challenge My Business Is Facing by Admin9: 6:43am On Apr 22, 2021
Fakbrown:
If it is a job a female can do, do well employ females, boys today prefer yahoo to even working in the multi nationals

No, it's not something a girl can do.
Re: Here Is The Challenge My Business Is Facing by Admin9: 6:45am On Apr 22, 2021
Roseey0:
Following.

Don't be quick to recruit. Do your DD on everyone before you choose. I specifically rank candidates who live with their parents or older siblings/family friend more than those ones that live with friends and are constantly changing accommodation. This may not work in all location.

recruitment agency for something like sales boy work?
Re: Here Is The Challenge My Business Is Facing by criuze(m): 7:32am On Apr 22, 2021
depends on how hard the work and the pays
Re: Here Is The Challenge My Business Is Facing by Bluehill1051: 7:41am On Apr 22, 2021
You'll need to get some from ur village. A lot of these Lagos boys r money crazed. You're lucky they are not yet stealing from u
Re: Here Is The Challenge My Business Is Facing by Admin9: 7:45am On Apr 22, 2021
criuze:
depends on how hard the work and the pays

they were told of the pay before being employed.
Re: Here Is The Challenge My Business Is Facing by Olayinka777(m): 10:28am On Apr 22, 2021
greatnaija01:

If you would provide accomodation.... YOU WILL SOLVE THIS PROBLEM...

also

I think you can get better ones from JIJI

Oga forget! Are the ones on Jiji saints?

Like the OP pointedly stated most of them are lazy & would rather want to ask for handouts to survive.

I go in line with the contributor who said she prefers to employ someone that stays with their parents or older family members.

2 Likes

Re: Here Is The Challenge My Business Is Facing by SavageResponse(m): 1:49pm On Apr 22, 2021
Admin9:

Why don't you offer them a percentage of the monthly profit after expenses as bonus?

1 Like

Re: Here Is The Challenge My Business Is Facing by Admin9: 3:57pm On Apr 22, 2021
SavageResponse:

Why don't you offer them a percentage of the monthly profit after expenses as bonus?

That won't change them.
Re: Here Is The Challenge My Business Is Facing by Diffdeef(m): 8:41pm On Apr 22, 2021
You haven't mentioned the nature of the work.
Re: Here Is The Challenge My Business Is Facing by criuze(m): 5:29am On Apr 23, 2021
Admin9:

Re: Here Is The Challenge My Business Is Facing by criuze(m): 5:31am On Apr 23, 2021
[quote author=criuze post=101038554][/quote]

I'll really suggest you improve something about wages and working conditionsally r least to build up your work force first
Re: Here Is The Challenge My Business Is Facing by Admin9: 2:13pm On Apr 23, 2021
criuze:

I'll really suggest you improve something about wages and working conditionsally r least to build up your work force first

any suggestions?
Re: Here Is The Challenge My Business Is Facing by OGWILLS123: 2:30pm On Apr 23, 2021
Admin9:

any suggestions?
Good afteernoon sir cool,

please what type of job is it i will like to apply.
thanks
Re: Here Is The Challenge My Business Is Facing by Admin9: 10:03pm On May 16, 2021
Roseey0:
Following.

best advice.

(1) (Reply)

What Business I Can Do With 50,000 Naira / Withdraw Your STX From Blockchain / H

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.