Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

The Origin Of The European Super League Idea - Naptu2 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The Origin Of The European Super League Idea - Naptu2 (17628 Views)

Real Madrid Leads Early Power Rankings Of The European Super League / How The New European Super League Will Work / UEFA Releases Statement About Breakaway European Super League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Origin Of The European Super League Idea - Naptu2 by Amaechi2023(m): 10:13am On Apr 22, 2021
jaxxy:
Hmmm. The Truth is people, investors, big clubs as u may call them invested and still investing money into football to make it what we all love 2day. If u do not acknowledge that it means u don’t know anything about Football.

They expect and need commensurate returns to keep improving and developing new talents and the game. They build world class stadiums thanks to corona nobody has sat in them for a year and counting. undecided

If u think that is a joke it is not A joke it’s serious business issues. When Perez said he’s trying to save Football I can Clearly see where he’s coming from. Football is not a cheap sports.

I still believe ESL is the future bt it has to have a better sense of FairPlay in its structure. And I see several ways to achieve this already.

Who doesn’t want the big leagues and big money! While growing the sports.
one shouldn't give what he doesn't have.
if your not generating that much revenue, then don't pay players heavily.
besides small clubs are still not generating as much revenues as the bigger clubs.
Re: The Origin Of The European Super League Idea - Naptu2 by jaxxy(m): 10:22am On Apr 22, 2021
Amaechi2023:
one shouldn't give what he doesn't have.
if your not generating that much revenue, then don't pay players heavily.
besides small clubs are still not generating as much revenues as the bigger clubs.

If Europeans thought this way Ure thinking their leagues would still be like Nigerian local leagues. No difference except color of players.
Re: The Origin Of The European Super League Idea - Naptu2 by jaxxy(m): 10:23am On Apr 22, 2021
lexy2014:

Pls what is d investment that u say d big clubs are investing?

There are many bt check my 2nd paragraph for a major one amongst many others. U think football just became sweet like that?? Why is ur eyimba league no interesting to Nigerians? That should answer ur questions.
Re: The Origin Of The European Super League Idea - Naptu2 by jaxxy(m): 10:28am On Apr 22, 2021
Starcrest1:

They should consider the fans because without them, their football development means nothing.

That’s what they will have to look into seeing the fans reaction now and what the fans really want is fairness, FairPlay. A better framework can be achieved so nobody feels they are loosing.
Re: The Origin Of The European Super League Idea - Naptu2 by xxxXXXxxx: 11:29am On Apr 22, 2021
Interesting Times
Re: The Origin Of The European Super League Idea - Naptu2 by aadoiza: 12:14pm On Apr 22, 2021
Destiny can't be changed; it can only be delayed........ Awon baba wa.
Re: The Origin Of The European Super League Idea - Naptu2 by alfredilly: 2:57pm On Apr 22, 2021
jaxxy:
Hmmm. The Truth is people, investors, big clubs as u may call them invested and still investing money into football to make it what we all love 2day. If u do not acknowledge that it means u don’t know anything about Football.

They expect and need commensurate returns to keep improving and developing new talents and the game. They build world class stadiums thanks to corona nobody has sat in them for a year and counting. undecided

If u think that is a joke it is not A joke it’s serious business issues. When Perez said he’s trying to save Football I can Clearly see where he’s coming from. Football is not a cheap sports.

I still believe ESL is the future bt it has to have a better sense of FairPlay in its structure. And I see several ways to achieve this already.

Who doesn’t want the big leagues and big money! While growing the sports.

Money isn't the only contributor to the popularity of the game. The collapse of ESL wasn't the financial interest of big club but their greed and haste. Fair play, inclusiveness, the interest of all and adherence to the fundamental requirements for entertainment was was sustain the sport. Imagine a league where the participation of membership club isn't based on it's own performance but a presumed status of wealth. A close competition that doesn't accommodate the aspirations of smaller one. Take Chelsea for instance, they weren't among the big club until Roman Abramovich took over. Now, are claiming a right in the newly proposed league. Can this system allow subsequent club evolution as seen with Chelsea, Manchester City and other recent one?
Re: The Origin Of The European Super League Idea - Naptu2 by Zonacom(m): 4:30pm On Apr 22, 2021
Now I perfectly understand this Super league brouhaha
Re: The Origin Of The European Super League Idea - Naptu2 by lexy2014: 5:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
jaxxy:

There are many bt check my 2nd paragraph for a major one amongst many others. U think football just became sweet like that?? Why is ur eyimba league no interesting to Nigerians? That should answer ur questions.

They are many& u cant itemise them? Since u say football didn't just become sweet like that, kindly explain how it became sweet like that by answering my question which u haven't answered
Re: The Origin Of The European Super League Idea - Naptu2 by jaxxy(m): 5:52pm On Apr 22, 2021
lexy2014:

They are many& u cant itemise them? Since u say football didn't just become sweet like that, kindly explain how it became sweet like that by answering my question which u haven't answered

My 2nd is sufficient enough to give u an idea and if u can’t get that there’s no point having any argument with u.
Re: The Origin Of The European Super League Idea - Naptu2 by lexy2014: 6:02pm On Apr 22, 2021
jaxxy:

My 2nd is sufficient enough to give u an idea and if u can’t get that there’s no point having any argument with u.

No it's not& am not sure when a question became an argument. when I read ur post, I didn't see anything u wrote about their "investments" that is unique to d big clubs. Maybe there's something they have done that we aren't aware. Was hoping u could shed some light.
Re: The Origin Of The European Super League Idea - Naptu2 by CandidSeeker(m): 7:32am On Apr 23, 2021
Prodigee:
All these brouhaha just for more money?! Humanity and her insatiable appetite for more!

Ecclesiastes 5:10
He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Huddersfield Town Vs Manchester United : FA Cup (0 - 2) - Live / Portsmouth Vs Arsenal :FA Cup (0 - 2) On 2nd March 2020 / Crystal Palace Vs Manchester United (1 - 3) On 27th February 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.