Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,012 members, 7,806,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Cant The South Become A Country ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cant The South Become A Country ? (2520 Views)

Top 5 Ethnicities In The South East / 30,000 Minimum Wage Too Small For A Country Fighting Corruption- Olawepo-hashim / DG DSS Spotted Yesterday. What A Country! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 24, 2021
funkekemi:
and the capital is where? Ibadan noooo I will choose central south
Then stay your lane, abi.
Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by Nobody: 7:19am On Apr 24, 2021
Resurrection212:
Some idiot lazy youths I called them village people think igbo and Yoruba hate each other.
So do you think they want a country together? Can two masters be in a team?
Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by nisai: 7:21am On Apr 24, 2021
Crixxx, what's your take on this? Will it be great or another disaster?
Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by Crixxx: 7:42am On Apr 24, 2021
nisai:
Crixxx, what's your take on this? Will it be great or another disaster?

There is nothing more to say as some persons have said it all in the 1st page already. The 3 southern regions have all it takes to stand alone and progress rapidly and what is needed is peace and determination.

It's not a welcome idea.

MrMaestro:
No it won't work. Different people different cultures. There's no reason
ScamHunter:
. It'll be like another amalgamation and this amalgam would be worse than 1914 because of traditional suspicion between Igbo and Yoruba. .
kevapet:
Why trying to form another nijeriya?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by nisai: 8:04am On Apr 24, 2021
Crixxx:

There is nothing more to say as some persons have said it all in the 1st page already. The 3 southern regions have all it takes to stand alone and progress rapidly and what is needed is peace and determination.

It's not a welcome idea.

Ok thanks.

1 Like

Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by Brimstone77: 9:01am On Apr 24, 2021
This idea is a no no to me and majority of ndi Igbo out there..

We don't need people that will be shouting

"Leave our space"
Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by jneutron4000: 9:29am On Apr 24, 2021
OfoIgbo:

The fact that you want me to perform a research, means it is not that noticeable. Igboland will NEVER EVER have an organisation like MURIC. It is just not us.
Igbos will never ever vote for a terrorist Fulani like Buhari, even if he chooses Igbo as his vice.
Igbos will never support someone that causes Fulanis to chase us out of our ancestral lands, like Tinubu.
Igbos will never produce a Michael Adebowale, the Islamic terrorist that stabbed a British soldier to death a few years ago.

Igbos need a complete break from all these.
Not noticeable now, but with time it will grow, now the question to you know is can you be religious tolerance in an Igbo Nation? I doubt that, both Igbos and Fulanis are religious tolerance, I have seen video on Facebook where an Igbo Muslim was beaten by his kinsmen.
Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by OfoIgbo: 9:36am On Apr 24, 2021
jneutron4000:
Not noticeable now, but with time it will grow, now the question to you know is can you be religious tolerance in an Igbo Nation? I doubt that, both Igbos and Fulanis are religious tolerance, I have seen video on Facebook where an Igbo Muslim was beaten by his kinsmen.

Igbos have been in Nigeria for more than a hundred years, yet Islam hasn't grown in Igboland. When do you expect it will grow? Now that Islam is synonymous with terrorism? Iyasikwa
Igbos did not rush into islam, when it wasn't particularly seen as violent and terroristic. They definitely will not join it now. You can take this to the bank.

Igbos are probably the most tolerant people in the whole of Nigeria.

Igbos are also aggressive so they are also likely to mount revenge attacks in situations where violence against Igbos is traceable to a particular religion.

2 Likes

Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by jneutron4000: 9:58am On Apr 24, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Igbos have been in Nigeria for more than a hundred years, yet Islam hasn't grown in Igboland. When do you expect it will grow? Now that Islam is synonymous with terrorism? Iyasikwa
Igbos did not rush into islam, when it wasn't particularly seen as violent and terroristic. They definitely will not join it now. You can take this to the bank.

Igbos are probably the most tolerant people in the whole of Nigeria.

Igbos are also aggressive so they are also likely to mount revenge attacks in situations where violence against Igbos is traceable to a particular religion.
it might even take a 1000 years, but the key is that are you religious tolerance enough a build a society where freedom of religion is allowed without any form of discrimination?? At least we heard about the little back and front btw Uche mefor and Nnamdi kanu concerning religion in the agitation for biafra
Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by OfoIgbo: 10:44am On Apr 24, 2021
jneutron4000:
it might even take a 1000 years, but the key is that are you religious tolerance enough a build a society where freedom of religion is allowed without any form of discrimination?? At least we heard about the little back and front btw Uche mefor and Nnamdi kanu concerning religion in the agitation for biafra

Today, ALHAJI Asari Dokubo is the chairman of IPOB Customary Government. If Igbos are not tolerant, do you think they would have elected him to that position?

Secondly MNK is into the Jewish religion. He is not a Christian. Don't you think Igbos would have kicked him out if Igbos are not tolerant?

Igbos are mainly Christians, yet I have shown you two good examples of non-Christian easterners leading two huge organisations. I believe my point is made.

2 Likes

Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by tollyboy5(m): 10:31am On May 01, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Today, ALHAJI Asari Dokubo is the chairman of IPOB Customary Government. If Igbos are not tolerant, do you think they would have elected him to that position?

Secondly MNK is into the Jewish religion. He is not a Christian. Don't you think Igbos would have kicked him out if Igbos are not tolerant?

Igbos are mainly Christians, yet I have shown you two good examples of non-Christian easterners leading two huge organisations. I believe my point is made.
You don't need to pick some political point to prove or convince us.

Igbo's dislike Islam. I've never been to Igbo land but I could tell from Lagos here.
Ive worked in Alaba and lived with Igbo for years , I have Igbo friends.
Yorubas are tolerant because part of their family are Muslim and some Christian so family can't go against themselves.
Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by OfoIgbo: 10:42am On May 01, 2021
tollyboy5:

You don't need to pick some political point to prove or convince us.

Igbo's dislike Islam. I've never been to Igbo land but I could tell from Lagos here.
Ive worked in Alaba and lived with Igbo for years , I have Igbo friends.
Yorubas are tolerant because part of their family are Muslim and some Christian so family can't go against themselves.

Yet Igbos still voted for Yaradua and Atiku. Two Fulanis known for not being Christians.

Igbos don't hate anybody. They hate terrorism though. Unfortunately, every terrorist attack in Nigeria has been carried out by muslims.

Buhari's presidency has now done a huge harm to the islam brand. With all the killings and rapes going on in the forests of Nigeria.
But as I wrote initially, they still voted for Yaradua and Atiku.
Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by tollyboy5(m): 10:46am On May 01, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Yet Igbos still voted for Yaradua and Atiku. Two Fulanis known for not being Christians.

Igbos don't hate anybody. They hate terrorism though. Unfortunately, every terrorist attack in Nigeria has been carried out by muslims.

Buhari's presidency has now done a huge harm to the islam brand. With all the killings and rapes going on in the forests of Nigeria.
But as I wrote initially, they still voted for Yaradua and Atiku.
That a lame point bro. Everyone voted yaradua , Igbo voted atiku because of peter obi and Yoruba voted buhari because of osibanjo
Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by OfoIgbo: 11:01am On May 01, 2021
tollyboy5:

That a lame point bro. Everyone voted yaradua , Igbo voted atiku because of peter obi and Yoruba voted buhari because of osibanjo

Your logic is super lame.

You claimed everyone voted for Yaradua. Did Igbos also vote for Yaradua? Who did Yaradua run against? And why did Igbos not vote for the person that ran against Yaradua.

The point is that Yaradua ran against the same Buhari, and Igbos did not vote for Buhari. They chose Yaradua. Was Yaradua's running mate an Igbo man? The answer is NO.

In 2015, the north, a good chunk of the middle belt and Yorubas voted for Buhari. Yet Igbos did not vote for Buhari. Can't you see a pattern developing? Igbos have always known that Buhari is bad market. We see things way before other Nigerians see it.

In 2019 Buhari ran again, and yet Igbos did not vote for him. Igbos opted for Atiku. It had nothing to do with his running mate, otherwise Igbos wouldn't have voted for Yaradua because he didn't have an Igbo running mate.

In 2003 and 2007, Buhari ran with two prominent Igbo running mates, yet Igbos did not vote for him. So stop giving that running mate excuse. It lacks merit

1 Like

Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by tollyboy5(m): 11:19am On May 01, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Your logic is super lame.

You claimed everyone voted for Yaradua. Did Igbos also vote for Yaradua? Who did Yaradua run against? And why did Igbos not vote for the person that ran against Yaradua.

The point is that Yaradua ran against the same Buhari, and Igbos did not vote for Buhari. They chose Yaradua. Was Yaradua's running mate an Igbo man? The answer is NO.

In 2015, the north, a good chunk of the middle belt and Yorubas voted for Buhari. Yet Igbos did not vote for Buhari. Can't you see a pattern developing? Igbos have always known that Buhari is bad market. We see things way before other Nigerians see it.

In 2019 Buhari ran again, and yet Igbos did not vote for him. Igbos opted for Atiku. It had nothing to do with his running mate, otherwise Igbos wouldn't have voted for Yaradua because he didn't have an Igbo running mate.

In 2003 and 2007, Buhari ran with two prominent Igbo running mates, yet Igbos did not vote for him. So stop giving that running mate excuse. It lacks merit
Is goodluck Yoruba? Did Yoruba not vote for yaradua?

Did Yoruba not vote goodluck?

Yoruba also voted buhari.

Yoruba has been more diverse in their voting system.

Igbo vote in one direction. Infact the way Igbo still lament about yorubas not voting goodluck show their vote are not liberal .

Igbos consider manythings bro. Goodluck is a Niger delta man and Igbos will feel more sense of belonging in that camp.

Yorubas voted buhari out of sentiment that theyll take over.

No one is saint in this con3 , we're all greedy. Yoruba's are diverse in thinking and riligion yet we try as much to maintain unity.

Igbos and northerners has one method of doing things this has nothing to do with foresight Mr man.
I know sizable number of Yoruba's who said buhari is terrorist before 2015 election.

Igbos are not tolerant. Nigeria constitution is forcing igbos to appear tolerant.

When you have your con3 your structure and policy might be rigid.

After biafria war I read Igbo lost many properties in the south south but gained their properties in southwest back. Thats how diplomatic the Yoruba's are. If we dislike will show you political Care.

Besides alot of Yoruba Christian might stand to defend their igbo church members and neighbors and wives or husband.
Diversity still remain in southwest .

Despite having many popular general overseer in southwest , we still have sizable number of fetish traditionalist.

Igbo are not really diverse like you're trying hard to prove.

Infact I have cautioned pastors , friends and a lot of Igbo's with their choice of word when referring to Islam. I'm not Muslim but my lovely cousins are Muslims so I don't like derogatory statement about Islam .

2 Likes

Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by NikAustine: 11:36am On May 01, 2021
AfonjaConehead:

How can brown roof be capital,haba!!!! grin grin grin
We cando it like South Africa.
Adminstrative capital in Enugu
Judicial capital in Ibadan
etc
Just like South Africa capitals are divided

1 Like

Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by OfoIgbo: 11:52am On May 01, 2021
tollyboy5:

Is goodluck Yoruba? Did Yoruba not vote for yaradua?

Did Yoruba not vote goodluck?

Yoruba also voted buhari.

Yoruba has been more diverse in their voting system.

Igbo vote in one direction. Infact the way Igbo still lament about yorubas not voting goodluck show their vote are not liberal .

Igbos consider manythings bro. Goodluck is a Niger delta man and Igbos will feel more sense of belonging in that camp.

Yorubas voted buhari out of sentiment that theyll take over.

No one is saint in this con3 , we're all greedy. Yoruba's are diverse in thinking and riligion yet we try as much to maintain unity.

Igbos and northerners has one method of doing things this has nothing to do with foresight Mr man.
I know sizable number of Yoruba's who said buhari is terrorist before 2015 election.

Igbos are not tolerant. Nigeria constitution is forcing igbos to appear tolerant.

When you have your con3 your structure and policy might be rigid.

After biafria war I read Igbo lost many properties in the south south but gained their properties in southwest back. Thats how diplomatic the Yoruba's are. If we dislike will show you political Care.

Besides alot of Yoruba Christian might stand to defend their igbo church members and neighbors and wives or husband.
Diversity still remain in southwest .

Despite having many popular general overseer in southwest , we still have sizable number of fetish traditionalist.

Igbo are not really diverse like you're trying hard to prove.

Infact I have cautioned pastors , friends and a lot of Igbo's with their choice of word when referring to Islam. I'm not Muslim but my lovely cousins are Muslims so I don't like derogatory statement about Islam .

Well, I have already proven to you that Igbos vote with their heads. I have already shown you instances where Igbos voted for muslims, in spite of the fact that Igbos are not muslims.

Another point I have made is that Buhari has shown himself to be the most incompetent president ever in the history of Nigeria, and Igbos did not vote for him.
We had the option of voting for him in 2003 and 2007 when he had Igbo running mates, but we buried that primordial instinct of voting for ones own, just because of getting the presidency in the folowing dispensation. Thus the Igbos saved Nigeria from Buhari in both 2003 and 2007.

Immediately Buhari presented the Yorubas with the same opportunity in 2015, they fell for it hook line and sinker. Today the country is in the worst shape it has ever been because of that lack of foresight from the Yorubas, preferring to play the ethnic card, and rid the country of a president that was much much better than Buhari, all because of their inordinate ambition to wickedly grab the 2023 presidential chance meant for Igbos, simply to continue with the gross marginalisation of Igbos that have gone on for many decades.

The price that Yorubas are paying for their collusion in the marginalisation of Igbos is that Fulanis are now in Yoruba forests, and some Yorubas are now refugees in Benin republic. Meanwhile your political creme de la creme are still plotting with Fulanis to deny the Igbos their chance in 2023.

We are watching. Anyway the IPOB and MASSOB groups are now hellbent on ensuring that Biafra comes, so that we don't have to be in the same country with such wicked and unfeeling people.

1 Like

Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by theFilmtric: 11:55am On May 01, 2021
funkekemi:
Three capitals
Ibadan port Harcourt and enugu
Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by tollyboy5(m): 12:39pm On May 01, 2021
NikAustine:
etc
Okay this is a nice option. So the Igbos won't feel marginalized.

As a human being I wont feel good if my fellow human is been marginalize to favor my personal greed.

Niger delta region need a self of belonging also.
State like Edo will be a good move
Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by Heavensent01(m): 12:43pm On May 01, 2021
Yoruba didn't want another neocolonialization

Southeast are just like Fulani, the only different is they're more civilized than Fulani. the duo are both conquest recorder, religion Intolerance and radical political approach

southwest we preferred to be on their own while we partner with southeast if need be on some other factors that will benefit both of us

thank you

4 Likes

Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by Zooposki(f): 1:04pm On May 01, 2021
Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by Christistruth00: 1:32pm On May 01, 2021
shocked
Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by Christistruth00: 1:39pm On May 01, 2021
grin grin
Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by Christistruth00: 1:40pm On May 01, 2021
tollyboy5:

Okay this is a nice option. So the Igbos won't feel marginalized.

As a human being I wont feel good if my fellow human is been marginalize to favor my personal greed.

Niger delta region need a self of belonging also.
State like Edo will be a good move

NikAustine:
etc

funkekemi:

criuze:
Everybody should be on his own

we igbos should be on our own and negotiate to seaport

we dont need more hatred after this season is cured

South East and South West cannot form a Country

If IPOB is already fighting a War against Uzodinma who is their own brother and are Celebrating murdering their own People

How will they live in Peace with Awolowo or Tinubu’s supporters , Rwanda will be Chicken feed

We are not even ready to form a Country with you

Please kindly form your own Country seperately

For the South West it is Nigeria or Omoluabi Repubic nothing else

3 Likes

Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by criuze(m): 2:30pm On May 01, 2021
Christistruth00:

South East and South West cannot form a Country

If IPOB is already fighting a War against Uzodinma who is their own brother and are Celebrating murdering their own People

How will they live in Peace with Awolowo or Tinubu’s supporters , Rwanda will be Chicken feed

We are not even ready to form a Country with you

Please kindly form your own Country seperately

For the South West it is Nigeria or Omoluabi Repubic nothing else

Seems you don't understand what i mean

i mean you and your tribes men and women, be on your own

we'll have own country we don't need you people for peace sake
Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by 2elliot: 11:39pm On May 01, 2021
MrMaestro:
No it won't work. Different people different cultures. There's no reason
It can work. Let it be confederating units. Let it be in a way that each community controls their resources. Not even states or regions should control resources. Every community must take responsibility for themselves. Every community would have developmental bank accounts from which monies from their revenues are stored and used to implement their development. From that central bank, poorer communities and states or regions could borrow from for their development and pay back from revenues from that infrastructure. This will ginger hard work from the community levels, and so no feeding bottle system will be tolerated.
Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by MrMaestro: 11:49pm On May 01, 2021
2elliot:
It can work. Let it be confederating units. Let it be in a way that each community controls their resources. Not even states or regions should control resources. Every community must take responsibility for themselves. Every community would have developmental bank accounts from which monies from their revenues are stored and used to implement their development. From that central bank, poorer communities and states or regions could borrow from for their development and pay back from revenues from that infrastructure. This will ginger hard work from the community levels, and so no feeding bottle system will be tolerated.
NO NO NO NO NO!!!! ITS NOT BY FORCE. JESUS. Some people just refuse to learn from history.

1 Like

Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by Rosskiiku: 12:50am On May 02, 2021
criuze:
Everybody should be on his own

we igbos should be on our own and negotiate to seaport

we dont need more hatred after this season is cured

Dude, if everybody goes his own way, how far with millions of your Igbo people living all over Nigeria?

They will be deported back to Igboland en masse.

Can Igboland handle 20 million angry, hungry Igbo returnees with lost businesses and sources of income?

How will you employ them?

How will you house them?

How will you feed them?

How will you educate them?

How will the Igbo states, currently reliant on federal allocation from Abuja, replace that income, since no more oil money?

What will they do for money?

Sell coal?

Nobody wants any fcking coal or palm oil in today's world.

1 Like

Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by criuze(m): 6:22am On May 02, 2021
Rosskiiku:

Dude, if everybody goes his own way, how far with millions of your Igbo people living all over Nigeria?

They will be deported back to Igboland en masse.

Can Igboland handle 20 million angry, hungry Igbo returnees with lost businesses and sources of income?

How will you employ them?

How will you house them?

How will you feed them?

How will you educate them?

How will the Igbo states, currently reliant on federal allocation from Abuja, replace that income, since no more oil money?

What will they do for money?

Sell coal?

Nobody wants any fcking coal or palm oil in today's world.

You're crying more than the bereaved

have you been the one providing for them all these while

igbos have the businesses they do in various places, they built their companies in your places.

Igbos didn't intentionally migrated, it is the emasculating and inhuman economic policies that drives them out of their land

note, before the genocidal war of 67 Eastern Nigeria is among the fastest growing economy in the world

we're not normads that can't built their cities and economy

brother don't worry for us, we shall fix it all when biafra comes, we as well rather die in hunger, in our forest than live with you in this forbidden and cursed entity called Nigeria

All our lives has been a for vengeance until freedom comes
Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by EagleNest(m): 6:52am On May 02, 2021
Noooo way! Everyone to his own tent oo! If we haven't learnt our lessons after 60 years of cat and mouse game, then we are doomed forever.

If Nigeria happens to unbundle today, pls let the SE and SW go their separate ways ooo, aaaahhh! No need or time for imaginary political experiment pls. Like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka went there ways, so should SE and SW, pls. We can always corporate at international levels as having come from same extended family before, but it will do everyone a reasonable good if we stand on our own. Ce fini!
Re: Cant The South Become A Country ? by 2elliot: 8:37am On May 02, 2021
MrMaestro:

NO NO NO NO NO!!!! ITS NOT BY FORCE. JESUS. Some people just refuse to learn from history.
Ok. But no part of the south is an Island now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Multiple Musicians Release Birthday Song For Nnamdi Kanu- Pictures / Breaking! Tension As Ijaw Finima Secedes From Bonny / Road Blocked In Abuja Because Of Nnamdi Kanu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.