Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,813 members, 7,802,617 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:25 PM

Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress (11961 Views)

Spot This Outside Your Gate, What's Your Next Move? / The Norm Is Not Always Normal / Lying! Lies That Have Become A Norm To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 22, 2021
In this 21st century, different fashion styles have either emerged or being renovated from what it used to be. Back in the days, parents and/or the church group of the intending couples influenced the choices of either a wedding gown or wedding suit. Simply put, I must meet certain standards. Some couples have had to ditch their beautiful outfits just so they can blend in to laid down rules in the church or as proposed by their family members and this has, more often than not, caused silent issues.

The most important factor that should influence a couples choice of wedding dress is the love they have for each other. Of course, they church they belong to Will have a say at so,e point but, at least, 80% of the choice should lie on the couple. Back then, grooms wore suits that almost steetched beyond their wrists and the shoulder pads raised a little too higher and, most of the time, the sizes were somewhat bigger than them. The brides, on the other hand, wore classic 1950s gowns because that was more like the code fpr absolute decency. Most of these brides didn’t actually fancy the dresses but, because they wanted their big day to go on, they just had to let sleeping dogs lie.

In essence, a couple should be allowed to choose their wedding dresses by themselves and not the other way round; though the church would finally get to approve of it. It’s their big day and they deserve to be happy; not being forced to wear something they’d rather not wear. If a groom feels okay with wearing anything in the likelihood of a suit but more trendy, he should be allowed to wear it. We’re in 2021, not 1865! It’s their big day and they want to show forth their love in the presence of family members and friends. Above all, as an intending couple, go for a fashion wear that you’ll feel comfortable rocking.

By: NONYE UWANDI
Source: https://flipmemes.com/2021/03/22/going-outside-the-norm-in-choosing-the-appropriate-wedding-dress/

1 Like

Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by Movieguru(m): 4:36pm On Apr 22, 2021
Ok
Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by Revere27: 4:36pm On Apr 22, 2021
If naa our Pentecostal churches you wanna wed... shocked shocked My bro naa Suit and gown you must to wear, exception of the groom who can put on any colour of suits but the bride must be on white gown grin.

Now it is believed that, if the bride is putting any other colour of gown asiding white, then she is not a virgin or probably pregnant. tongue

Naxo we hear am oo, no come for my head I cannot shout this evening grin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by Sabadon(m): 4:36pm On Apr 22, 2021
If church choose wedding dress na them go wear am grin

Lol the key is be decent thats all

1 Like

Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by stevenosa(m): 4:36pm On Apr 22, 2021
grin
Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by HeavenlyHolines(m): 4:36pm On Apr 22, 2021
Y
Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by GeneralPula: 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
Everything about marriage in this generation is total nonsense..

4 Likes

Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by slawormiir: 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by MiztaHorla: 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
Just passing by

1 Like

Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by triple996(m): 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
see as people just de book space
Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by ozark(m): 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hmmm...
Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by Seniorwriter(m): 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
This thread seems for LADIES(FUTURE IS FEMALE) CREW.
Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by Mko123(m): 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
Las las I no still see FTC collect
Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by merits(m): 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
grin am just comfort to be happy.anything go for the plan

Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 22, 2021
grin.. Just talk about the Bride's friends and dem Aso ebi na em dey interest me ! grin grin grin

Na that one dey show us Shape and curves grin grin grin

Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by Jessicaos(f): 4:38pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by Stepps: 4:40pm On Apr 22, 2021
The problem is the divorce rate.

1 Like

Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by Timagex(m): 4:44pm On Apr 22, 2021
Freedom of expression is key. A break from the norm is always welcome.

However,

There is a saying, "a good photographer takes good pictures in good conditions, but, an extra ordinary photographer takes amazing pictures irrepespective of the circumstances".

I am professional wedding photographer based in ibadan and available to travel to anywhere. Mid year promo is on going on our wedding packages. Send a DM and let's talk business.
Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2021
Why do we have to do things the Oyinbo way, especially in Christian weddings
Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by heartbraker(m): 4:50pm On Apr 22, 2021
A
Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by mytime24(f): 4:58pm On Apr 22, 2021
Toyintommatoes:
I fit no wear suit on my wedding sha
so u're girl wit 3legs shey angry
Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by dangotesmummy: 5:06pm On Apr 22, 2021
This is what you should priorize

Decency
Elegance
And class

It doesn't have to be revealing before it comes out beautiful

You know there's an addage that says simplicity is the mother of elegance so make-up,hair,hair accessories and wedding gown shout be as simple as possible

You don't have to wear huge lady gagu wigs, and boobs showcasing.infact it's even vulgar for brides to wear breast revealing clothes on their wedding day

It's tasteless, tactless and disrespectful to your parents and in-laws

If you must have bridal train too they must be as classy and modest as possible.its not that there'll be a busty brides maid wearing a strapless gown that she will be fighting with the bra and the gown or makeup will be looking like a corpse

Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by rummmy: 5:39pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hmm
Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by Ishilove: 6:06pm On Apr 22, 2021
No photos?
Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by vickydevoka(m): 6:30pm On Apr 22, 2021
binarymachine:
In this 21st century, different fashion styles have either emerged or being renovated from what it used to be. Back in the days, parents and/or the church group of the intending couples influenced the choices of either a wedding gown or wedding suit. Simply put, I must meet certain standards. Some couples have had to ditch their beautiful outfits just so they can blend in to laid down rules in the church or as proposed by their family members and this has, more often than not, caused silent issues.

The most important factor that should influence a couples choice of wedding dress is the love they have for each other. Of course, they church they belong to Will have a say at so,e point but, at least, 80% of the choice should lie on the couple. Back then, grooms wore suits that almost steetched beyond their wrists and the shoulder pads raised a little too higher and, most of the time, the sizes were somewhat bigger than them. The brides, on the other hand, wore classic 1950s gowns because that was more like the code fpr absolute decency. Most of these brides didn’t actually fancy the dresses but, because they wanted their big day to go on, they just had to let sleeping dogs lie.

In essence, a couple should be allowed to choose their wedding dresses by themselves and not the other way round; though the church would finally get to approve of it. It’s their big day and they deserve to be happy; not being forced to wear something they’d rather not wear. If a groom feels okay with wearing anything in the likelihood of a suit but more trendy, he should be allowed to wear it. We’re in 2021, not 1865! It’s their big day and they want to show forth their love in the presence of family members and friends. Above all, as an intending couple, go for a fashion wear that you’ll feel comfortable rocking.

By: NONYE UWANDI
Source: https://flipmemes.com/2021/03/22/going-outside-the-norm-in-choosing-the-appropriate-wedding-dress/

This write up is shit to me bcus weeding doesn't determine happiness
Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by caandi: 6:41pm On Apr 22, 2021
Okay true
But decency is key with less exposure
Who does the bride want to seduce on her big day?
Look at the royals they dress well.

Hello fam. Please help a sister. Pls support me by watching and subscribing to my YouTube channel by pressing the link bellow��������
HOW TO MAKE BEST NIGERIA CHIN CHIN | YUMMY AND EASY CHIN CHIN |Easy snack recipe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QelelC4-n_s
Pls subscribe!!!
Re: Going Outside The Norm In Choosing The Appropriate Wedding Dress by ofiko123(m): 9:40pm On Apr 22, 2021
Just choose a wedding dress that meets standard...

(1) (Reply)

Oba Adeoye Withdraws Suit Against Oluwo Of Iwo,as Gov. Aregbesola Intervenes / The Plight Of The Northern Child / Translate I MISSED U In Igbo Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.