Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,358 members, 7,808,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House (20849 Views)

Rivers State Teachers Protest Over 5 Years Unpaid Salaries (Photos) / Rivers Teachers Lament Five Years Unpaid Salaries / Imo Pensioners Block Govt House Entrance, Demand Payment Of Pensions (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by dododawa1: 11:57am On Apr 22, 2021
lie Muhammad, is't not better for them to work in bakerly in Togo and PAYED.
Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by matm: 12:00pm On Apr 22, 2021
5yrs or 5months?
Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by ogbonti: 12:01pm On Apr 22, 2021
And Wike donated N500M to the Sokoto Market grin grin grin

Ezenwo Uthman Nyesom Dan Fodio Wike - Oya over to you grin grin grin
Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by integrity16(m): 12:03pm On Apr 22, 2021
With all the revenue plus 13 percent derivation wike is still owing teachers 5years salary?

oma se o.
Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2021
5 years? How have they been going to school to teach?

Hmm too bad they re not high court judges, they would have enjoyed free house with c of o and shiny suvs.
Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by gift2xl: 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2021
All this poeple ruling Nigeria are not born leaders, they lack resources management. All they want is a flamboyant life style.
Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by greenmonk: 12:29pm On Apr 22, 2021
mrksquare:

Teachers in the affected schools arent paid peanut. My Aunt teaches in the secondary school that is affiliated to Rivers state University. And her school is also affected by Wike's draconian and inhumane action. Before the advent of Wike's government she was earning close to 400k. The salary scale of the affected teachers ain't aligned with what is applicable in the mainstream teaching service. They are rather paid with what is obtainable in the university salary scale.

Wike contention was that no university or higher institution ought to have a secondary school under it.

But left to me, Wike would have given them the option to move to the mainstream Teaching service rather than outrightly stopping their pay. The Universities and Polytechnics under which these schools are under cannot pay these teachers through their IGR. The IGR is inadequate to cater to the payment of salary of these teachers.

I'm happy someone has indepth knowledge of events in these demonstration schools.
The schools are supposed to be private schools and the students pay school fees.
How do the management of these higher institutions expect the government to pay the teachers who are not government workers and their salaries are not structured in line with the civil service?
What they are asking for is similar to some one who decides to leave his village to live at GRA and expects his uncle in the village to pay his house rent.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by mrksquare: 12:39pm On Apr 22, 2021
greenmonk:

I'm happy someone has indepth knowledge of events in these demonstration schools.
The schools are supposed to be private schools and the students pay school fees.
How do the management of these higher institutions expect the government to pay the teachers who are not government workers and their salaries are not structured in line with the civil service?
What they are asking for is similar to some one who decides to leave his village to live at GRA and expects his uncle in the village to pay his house rent.

Hey, my aunt has been teaching for over 15years in the The Rivers state University Demonstration School. it will be inappropriate to opined that they are not workers of the government. They were validly employed by the Tertiary institution in line with the dictate of the civil service. Just that their salary scale is structrued with the extant condition of service as applicable in the Tertiary institution.

Beside, the National Industrial Court and Appeal Court has nullified and voided the action of Gov. Wike. The Rivers state Government should pay them their arrears simplicita.

Don't come and misquote me out of context. They are workers of Rivers state Government. After all, Federal Universities also have Secondary schools and primary schools under them. So Rivers state shouldn't be an exception.
Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by hakymbiyiyaho: 12:45pm On Apr 22, 2021
[quote author=tonquendo4u post=101013877]Hmm. 5 years salaries. And they've been quiet. Wow. Teachers that are not even paid well are owed 5 years salaries and they've been silent and going to work. I smell something fishy

It is because they have been showing him their love and he has been yinmu grin to them for 5 years Ahh!!! Aiye ma nika ooo.
Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by jrusky(m): 12:49pm On Apr 22, 2021
Could this be possible or just another political hoax from the satanic party? All I know is Wike can never be that careless.
Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by 7lives: 2:02pm On Apr 22, 2021
RedDesQ:

It's not a political matter

But it can be used by pdp against APC.
Rada rada.
Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2021
Shey he said he can walk around rivers safely without security. Oya nau,make he try him luck for where these teachers dey.
Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by idahme(m): 3:46pm On Apr 22, 2021
tonquendo4u:
Hmm. 5 years salaries. And they've been quiet. Wow. Teachers that are not even paid well are owed 5 years salaries and they've been silent and going to work. I smell something fishy

I read comments and even the OP isn't depicting the real scenarios playing out in this logjam. The Rivers State Government then decided to compel the tertiary institution that employed the teachers to pay their staff from the fees they generated from students, the argument of Government is that they don't receive any revenue from these schools but pay it's salaries, though the school was basically set up and run by these tertiary institution and not the Rivers State Government. Some teachers who were privy and smart enough transfered their services to the Universities while others stayed put and refused the new terms of service stipulated by their employers which in this case is the schools in question. As a result of this, the schools went ahead to employ new staff to replace the former who declined the new service conditions, technically these teachers have been on strike for five years running and the schools are still operating fully without their services. These led to litigation which I think may still be running.
Note it is only the teachers employed by these tertiary institutions that refused the new terms of conditions that are in this situation, they are in their hundreds while Rivers state have teacher population close to 30k if am not wrong .
hopefully the court may bring succour to them at the end of the whole struggle for their betterment.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by Blackdisciple(m): 3:54pm On Apr 22, 2021
And he was busy dashing fulanise money .
Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by Hassanmaye(m): 3:56pm On Apr 22, 2021
Ymmmm
Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by donveekings: 4:51pm On Apr 22, 2021
mrksquare:

Hey, my aunt has been teaching for over 15years in the The Rivers state University Demonstration School. it will be inappropriate to opined that they are not workers of the government. They were validly employed by the Tertiary institution in line with the dictate of the civil service. Just that their salary scale is structrued with the extant condition of service as applicable in the Tertiary institution.

Beside, the National Industrial Court and Appeal Court has nullified and voided the action of Gov. Wike. The Rivers state Government should pay them their arrears simplicita.

Don't come and misquote me out of context. They are workers of Rivers state Government. After all, Federal Universities also have Secondary schools and primary schools under them. So Rivers state shouldn't be an exception.
Why are they not protesting to the school authorities who charge exorbitant fees without accounting anything to the government? For your information, the decision to stop demonstration secondary schools was taken during Amaechi's tenure. The schools have been run as private schools by the institutions without government control.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by salam8528: 4:53pm On Apr 22, 2021
And he's given sokoto 500m while the main people who brought him to power are suffering. Its unfair wike.
Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by Richthekid: 5:08pm On Apr 22, 2021
5 ke
Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by mrksquare: 5:34pm On Apr 22, 2021
donveekings:

Why are they not protesting to the school authorities who charge exorbitant fees without accounting anything to the government? For your information, the decision to stop demonstration secondary schools was taken during Amaechi's tenure. The schools have been run as private schools by the institutions without government control.

Big lie. As Minister for State for Education, Wike came up with the initiative against Federal Universities running secondary schools. But the moment, PDP was booted out of office at the Federal level, the policy was reversed.

The moment Wike assumed office as Governor he subsequently replicated the policy in Schools owned by tertiary institution in the state.

I stand to be corrected by my postulation.
Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by donveekings: 5:51pm On Apr 22, 2021
mrksquare:

Big lie. As Minister for State for Education, Wike came up with the initiative in Federal Universities vis-a-vis Universities running secondary schools. But the moment, PDP was booted out of office at the Federal level, the policy was reversed.

The moment Wike assumed office as Governor he subsequently replicated the policy in Schools owned by tertiary institution in the state.

I stand to be corrected by my postulation.
So who was governor of Rivers State when Wike was minister for education? You just type without thinking.

1 Like

Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by mrksquare: 6:05pm On Apr 22, 2021
donveekings:

So who was governor of Rivers State when Wike was minister for education? You just type without thinking.

No need dignifying you with a response. Your absorption capacity to comprehend simple english is grossly irritating.
Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by Kingbaba47: 9:17pm On Apr 22, 2021
afroniger:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/04/rivers-teachers-protest-non-payment-of-5-years-salaries-block-govt-house/

Am not from Rivers State but am a big fan of wike..and judging from the pics,I didn't see any banner bearing pay us our salary rather they are protesting ovee appointment
Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by kayusely70(m): 3:29am On Apr 23, 2021
Wike the wicked! Pay them their entitlements.
Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by GabdelandAgro(m): 5:55am On Apr 23, 2021
RedDesQ:
Wike, Wake up.

Seven content writers are needed to join a highly productive content writing team.

You will be paid One Million Naira

If you like to write articles and get paid for writing then this team/project is for you.

This opportunity is open to both experienced and new content writers.

Project Details : Content Writing For New and Experienced Content Writers

To signify your interest, send a message to

0 8 0 8 6 3 7 3 0 1 2
cool
Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by donveekings: 11:44am On Apr 23, 2021
mrksquare:

No need dignifying you with a response. Your absorption capacity to comprehend simple english is grossly irritating.
And you still responded? Daft!
Re: Rivers Teachers Protest Non-payment Of 5 Years Salaries, Block Govt House by Freemasonry: 9:12pm On Apr 23, 2021
Imagine!
And he's dashing out millions to undeserving people.
Wike is a fool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo: We’re Proud Of Our Achievements As Government / Fayose Urges Workers To Call Off Strike, Says APC Should Cover Face In Shame / Obanikoro Speaks On EFCC Raid On His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.