Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,426 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:13 PM

Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? (31947 Views)

Poll: How do you find Dr. Goodluck Jonathan's dressing?

It's great: 29% (61 votes)
It's not bad: 37% (78 votes)
It's horrible: 33% (71 votes)
This poll has ended

You Are A Clown....tunji Braithwaite Blasts Obasanjo / Is Obiano A Clown? Photo / El Rufai Calls Governor Obi A Clown For Questioning His Presence In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Martass: 8:42pm On Apr 21, 2011
The Nigerian President, Goodluck, looks like a clown with his trademark dressing. Yes, I understand that may be his style but when you are the President of an important country like Nigeria then you must show up in a way to make people want to listen to you.

When you appear on the international stage dressed like a clown or a comedian, you look juvenile and nobody is going to take you serious. I have admired the noble dressing and appearance of past Nigerian Presidents who make us proud on the international stage but this Goodluck dude is killing it.

If he doesn't like the beautiful Nigerian agbada that your former Presidents wear then he must show up in a decent suit where it matters.

For now his dressing looks too comical for a President.   shocked  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Kx: 8:53pm On Apr 21, 2011
Martass:

If he doesn't like the beautiful Nigerian agbada that your former Presidents wear then he must show up in a decent suit where it matters.

Aboki presidents wear agbada to project their culture.
GEJ is free to wear whatever.

Looking forward to seeing him tie wrapper,the naija delta style, to UN meetings!!!
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by AljUche: 8:54pm On Apr 21, 2011
Kx:

L[b]ooking forward to seeing him tie wrapper,the naija delta style, to UN meetings!!![/b]

chaiiii !!!!! angry

naigeria don suffer angry sad
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by dayokanu(m): 9:00pm On Apr 21, 2011
Kx:

Looking forward to seeing him tie wrapper,the naija delta style, to UN meetings!!!

You mean you want a whole presido to tie wrapper and wear singlet when e no be Daddy Showkey

If the wrapper come lose wetin go happen
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 21, 2011
nothing go happen nah, which has never happened before.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 21, 2011
If you are protesting the wearing of sleeping gowns by Nigerian leaders to world events then I am all for it.

But if you are saying Yar'adua's agbada is more acceptable than Jonathan's etiboh then you are the bigger clown for not understanding differences in culture.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by auwal87(m): 9:05pm On Apr 21, 2011
dayokanu:

You mean you want a whole presido to tie wrapper and wear singlet when e no be Daddy Showkey

If the wrapper come lose wetin go happen

grin grin ROTFL ~ ~ ROTFL

That's why I like you southerners, you always make me ROTFL, hahahahahaha!!!
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by AndreUweh(m): 9:14pm On Apr 21, 2011
@The OP, How about this?.

Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by dayokanu(m): 9:15pm On Apr 21, 2011
tpiah!:

nothing go happen nah, which has never happened before.

Hmm you just wan see blockos abi? God no go gree you
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by hakunajay(m): 9:15pm On Apr 21, 2011
As long as i never see daddy showkey wrapper loose before, i no think say mr presido own go loose too! And if e loose, we go see that thing na, no shaking!
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Martass: 9:22pm On Apr 21, 2011
I understand the differences in cultures, fact is, some cultural attire just doesn’t cut it for serious and formal Presidential appearances. Don't mean to demean anybody's culture but if your attire makes you look like a joker on the international stage then it's about time you consider other alternatives.

I just want Nigeria to play an important role in West Africa so Goodluck should appear very presidential, that’s all grin grin grin
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by DisGuy: 9:23pm On Apr 21, 2011
can he at least try to wear brighter colours instea of the dark grey and black he's always wearing

abi what are those Senegalese tailors there for?
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Ibime(m): 9:24pm On Apr 21, 2011
Martass:

I have admired the noble dressing and appearance of past Nigerian Presidents who make us proud on the international stage but this Goodluck dude is killing it.

So wetin you dey yarn, that you like Agbada and Kaftan, but not George Cloth and Bowler Hat? Nonsense pesin.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Sunofgod(m): 9:26pm On Apr 21, 2011
Maybe all politicians should be forced to wear a uniform like the Japanese?

Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by EzeUche3(m): 9:28pm On Apr 21, 2011
This is a nonsense thread. He is illustrating his culture now learn to deal with it.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by AndreUweh(m): 9:31pm On Apr 21, 2011
EzeUche__:

This is a nonsense thread. He is illustrating his culture now learn to deal with it.
Wise one, May your days be long.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by cantell(m): 9:35pm On Apr 21, 2011
Martass:

I understand the differences in cultures, fact is, some cultural attire just doesn’t cut it for serious and formal Presidential appearances. Don't mean to demean anybody's culture but if your attire makes you look like a joker on the international stage then it's about time you consider other alternatives.

I just want Nigeria to play an important role in West Africa so Goodluck should appear very presidential, that’s all    grin grin grin

Another CPC supporter in disguise.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by T9ksy(m): 10:01pm On Apr 21, 2011
. . . . . because he's a p/muppet on a string. grin
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 21, 2011

ROTFLMAO!!! grin grin grin
Are you insinuating that GEJ and Patience share the same wrapper?

@post
Can you oist a pix of what you view as clowninsh dressing?
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:08pm On Apr 21, 2011
Wetin the Man do you o naa,

Oyibo Man take Tea, I said i like Pap(or Eko, akamu whatever)

Oyibo dey drink Wine, I aks for pammy

Oyibo talk say him own na barbecue, I reply say na suya

Am i wrong, make una answer oo

TO ERR WITH CULTURAL IMPERIALISM
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by izby(m): 10:16pm On Apr 21, 2011
Martass:

The Nigerian President, Goodluck, looks like a clown with his trademark dressing. Yes, I understand that may be his style but when you are the President of an important country like Nigeria then you must show up in a way to make people want to listen to you.

When you appear on the international stage dressed like a clown or a comedian, you look juvenile and nobody is going to take you serious. I have admired the noble dressing and appearance of past Nigerian Presidents who make us proud on the international stage but this Goodluck dude is killing it.

For now his dressing looks too comical for a President.  shocked shocked shocked shocked

We are okay with him putting on cultural dress to showcase our culture and traditions.I will collect my vote from jega the day he start wearing western dresses, America is an american and nigeria is an africa so let always showcase our culture, My own opinion
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by GoodMuyis(m): 10:18pm On Apr 21, 2011
Martass:

For now his dressing looks too comical for a President.   shocked  shocked shocked shocked

Good that U understand But u have to bear with him whatever attire he put so fer he is not unclothed fine with that, and with the issue of : you must show up in a way to make people want to listen to you
thats not necessary so far he has the hallmark Presidency, he will be Respected anywhere. pls see the link below

http://www.facebook.com/cescfabregas/posts/168979269823758
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by mbatuku1: 10:19pm On Apr 21, 2011
My beef is with bowler hat, reminds one of the slave master.

Of the people of former eastern Nigeria, na the Igbos dressing I love die. So much swagger.

Just to satisfy a curiosity of mine. Andre, please, what is this white collar-looking stuff  Okwesilize Nwodo was wearing in this attached picture called?

Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by AndreUweh(m): 10:30pm On Apr 21, 2011
mbatuku1:

My beef is with bowler hat, reminds one of the slave master.

Of the people of former eastern Nigeria, na the Igbos dressing I love die. So much swagger.

Just to satisfy a curiosity of mine. Andre, please, what is this white collar-looking stuff Okwesilize Nwodo was wearing in this attached picture called?
A bolder and larger photo please.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 21, 2011
Quote "True progress for each people lies solely in the development of its own culture adapted to the soil, the climate and the race" this manifests even in attires as a confirmation of a peoples originality cos immitation of habits, customs and foreign opinions often leads to retrogression and collapse! A real leader will always encourage his people to develop a sense of beauty even in dressings. Will jonathan/OBJ look better in a suit? Definitely NO. Neither will a european/chinese look better in agbada.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by mbatuku1: 10:36pm On Apr 21, 2011
Andre Uweh:

A bolder and larger photo please.

Maybe I can describe. I'm on mobile, I'm limited with what I can do with pix.

It looks like a white collar(kind of) worn around the neck on Igbo male attires. Dr. Okwesileze Nwodo wears it all the time. I hope that helps.

Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 21, 2011
mikeansy:

If you are protesting the wearing of sleeping gowns parachute by Nigerian leaders to world events then I am all for it.

But if you are saying Yar'adua's agbada is more acceptable than Jonathan's etiboh then you are the bigger clown for not understanding differences in culture.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by PhysicsMHD(m): 10:43pm On Apr 21, 2011
Dumb thread. There's nothing clownish about his attire. I honestly like the robe/gown, but I wish he would lose the hat.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by Rossikk(m): 10:44pm On Apr 21, 2011
It's his formal cultural dressing. Deal with it.
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by semid4lyfe(m): 10:46pm On Apr 21, 2011
Chei. . .these CPC goons nor get wetin to talk again so na now Jonathan's dressing tongue

Uncle Jo, go on soun jare. . .nothing do you.

Me dey even wait make you knack the full Niger Delta attire (the long-tailed flowing Shirt, Wire George wrapper, Resouce Control bowler hat complete with the walking stick). grin
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by ektbear: 10:55pm On Apr 21, 2011
Probably wrong thread for this, what is up with the Igbo red hats? How did that come about? What is the significance of that style?

It looks cool, just curious why it is always a red hat.

Anyway, his attire is fine. Just the hat makes it look very strange. I assume this became popular as a result of trade with white folks, or something?
Re: Why Does The Nigerian President Dress Like A Clown? by DisGuy: 10:57pm On Apr 21, 2011
can this one persuade a fish?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Secret Letter" From Obasanjo To Jonathan Stirs Anger / Dolapo Osinbajo And Her Son At Hanan Buhari's Photo Exhibition In Abuja / 'Akpabio Left N500bn Debt, Petitioned EFCC To Freeze State Account'- Assam Assam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.