Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

Is Anunuebe Tree Diabolical? See The Uses And Locations Of Anunuebe Tree - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is Anunuebe Tree Diabolical? See The Uses And Locations Of Anunuebe Tree (5694 Views)

Let Us Discuss About Anunuebe, The Mysterious Tree / Fallen 100-Year-Old Tree In Oyo Rises Again, Pulls Crowd (Pictures) / Know The Locations Of Indigenous Igala People In Fct And Across Twenty Six State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Anunuebe Tree Diabolical? See The Uses And Locations Of Anunuebe Tree by MedaRophe(f): 2:43pm On Apr 22, 2021
I have written previously about Anunuebe the giant and dreadful iroko tree. I have also read many articles on it written by different authors. But none is pointing to the uses and the locations of tree.

You may have heard about Anunuebe tree? Are you among those who think the tree is a myth that existed in Okonkwo-Umuofia’s story? Or, one of the tales by moonlight.

No. It is not. Anunuebe has been existing for ages. The barks and the leaves are potent medicines. In the course of this article, you shall learn its medicinal uses and where to find the tree.

About Anunuebe Tree[size=8pt]
Anunuebe or Nnunuebe in Igbo dialect which means bird doesn’t perch.

‘Nnunu’ or ‘Anunu’ means birds. ‘Ebe’ means never perches. The tree is called according to what it does to any living creature to come closer or touches it. It says that only powerful native doctors or medicine men go closer to it. But before that, there must be a form of appeasement inform of sacrifice.

“Anunuebe is the most powerful and fearful tree in Igboland….Anunuebe is a natural oracle..No human gets close to Anunuebe tree not even a dibia unless the spirit residing in that tree left for a mission..that’s the only time one can” ONWA.

I don’t want to dwell on the tree itself. I have seen that many people have written about it. I want to discuss what the bark and the leave of the tree are used for and whether the plant is diabolical. I will also mention the locations of the tree.

I have known And heard about Anunuebe tree for 25 years. As a little boy, I was living with my parents in Ajegunle with my two sisters and a brother. My father traveled to the village one day and returned with tree bark and some dry leaves. He called us into our rooms and told us about the tree bark and the leaves.

He placed the bark under our beds and warned us never to sweep it away.

My mother was a staunch Pentecostal believer. She kicked against it and called it Satanic. But my father defeated her by asking her to show him where it was written in the Bible that some trees are Satanic.

When she couldn’t defend her stand, we continued to sleep with the bark under our beds.

Uses and Locations of Anunuebe Tree
Continue reading to find out all the uses of Anunuebe leaves and bark and the places you can find it.

https://9jainformed.com/2021/02/27/location-and-uses-of-anunuebe-tree/

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Importance Of Tribal Mark? / why do some men hit their women / Shea Butter+Coconut Oil Mix Cream For All Skin/Hair Type

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.