Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Earth Day 2011: Celebrate! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Earth Day 2011: Celebrate! (596 Views)

How Was Your 2011? (rate It) / Happy Earth Day / "If I Were the Richest Person on Earth ..." (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Earth Day 2011: Celebrate! by oklan(m): 10:54pm On Apr 21, 2011
For over four decades, Earth Day—April 22—has inspired and mobilized individuals and organizations worldwide to demonstrate their commitment to environmental protection and sustainability. This year's celebrations will be marked by thousands of the planet's loyalists from every continent who continue to discuss and search for solutions in the fight to save the planet from environmental issues.

Global warming, climate change, large scale pollution and deforestation (to mention a few) have plagued the Earth at alarming rates for decades but there is great hope as environmental awareness by seem to be gaining grounds. Today, the Earth Day, is a time for celebration and appreciation for the great environmental work that have been done so far. Earth Day is an opportunity for people around the world to rejoice in the beauty of our wondrous planet.

I have made a commitment to the 3 R's; Reduce, Re-use and Recycle.

Millions of people have also pledged to help our planet. What will YOU do I hope this link helps,
http://ernalenergy..com/2011/04/today-is-earth-day-2011.html
Re: Earth Day 2011: Celebrate! by Sneem(m): 11:55pm On Apr 21, 2011
I love Earth Day.  Granted, I try to do something good every day for the environment.  Tomorrow (4/22) I'll try to be less lazy and go pick-up some trash lying on the side of the highway.  I have a few little trees that need planting, too.  A pear tree, an apple tree, and one other one -- can't tell what it is though.  I'll have to wait for it to grow up and then I'll know.
It's good to know that Earth Day truly is known and celebrated worldwide.

(1) (Reply)

Shock: Man Survives Being Hit By Lightning Twice (watch) / How Do You Feel About Sharing Secrets? / If Not For Abortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.