Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event (40131 Views)

FFK Dines With Goodluck Jonathan, Mike Ozekhome & Family (photo) / Why Is Mike Ozekhome Laughing Even After Atiku Lost At Supreme Court? / Fayose At EFCC: Deji Adeyanju And Mike Ozekhome Speak. See Reactions (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by Amotolongbo(f): 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2021
Human rights lawyer, Mike Ozekhome (SAN), says the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Pantami, is unfit to oversee critical digital and telecommunications agencies of government because “his antecedents are quite worrisome”.

Ozekhome, in a statement on Thursday titled, ‘Isa Patami: The Leopard And Its Unchanging Spots’, said though the communications minister recently renounced his radical pro-Taliban comments, he hasn’t really changed as a “fanatic, fundamentalist and supporter of extremist Islamic sects”.

“Has he really changed? What has changed? Can a leopard ever change its spots? Ozekhome asked.

The senior advocate said last month, Pantami contracted an Islamic TV to cover a Federal Government event.

He said, “In saner climes, Pantami should have resigned immediately without more. Or be sacked forthwith. Lifting the veil off his purported transformation or assumed transfiguration is so easy when viewed against the background of his new acts even as Minister.

“Only recently, On March 22, 2021, Pantami’s Ministry hosted a virtual flag-off ceremony for a capacity development programme empowering 600 people with VSAT Installation Skills. Pantami himself was present and he even spoke at the event. It was a Virtual Flag-off Capacity Development Programme on VSAT Installation Skills and TVRO Systems for 600 youths by Pantami.

“The ceremony was not covered by AIT, Channels, NTA, TVC, ITV, or even FM Youtube channels. Rather, a very little-known Islamic TV channel called Al-Afrikiy was contracted to relay an event organized by a whole Federal Government of Nigeria. It must be borne in mind that Al-Afrikiy is not merely an Islamic-influenced learning TV station, it is also an Islam-only TV channel. It broadcasts strictly religious matters.”

The lawyer also wondered how the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), nominated Pantami as minister in 2019 without considering his past pro-Taliban stance.

“By the way, where was the DSS (Department of State Services ) which was supposed to screen Pantami before his name was sent to the Senate? Why did it turn its focus away from these destructive extremist views of the very Minister in charge of Nigerians’ information data, with unabridged access to same, including NIM, BVN, biodatas, etc?

“What about our fawning rubber stamp “take-a-bow” Senate that was supposed to do a very thorough screening of Pantami? Why did it simply allow the Carmel to pass through the needle’s eye? When will it winnow out the chaff from the real wheat? Why has it turned a sacred duty on behalf of Nigerians into a “yes sir” party affair, which suggests that President Buhari can do no wrong, or make any mistake?” he queried.

“Isa Pantami should resign, as Mrs Kemi Adeosun, former Finance Minister, once did. Where he fails to do this, Buhari should immediately relieve him of his ministerial position. His antecedents loudly proclaim him as a clear and present danger to Nigeria’s asphyxiatingly fragile unity, harmony and religious and ethnic tolerance,” Ozekhome concluded.

https://punchng.com/pantami-hasnt-changed-contracted-islamic-tv-to-cover-fg-event-ozekhome/?amp&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

138 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by PlayMaker14: 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2021
This cold-blooded unrepentant jihadist and lover of bloodshed called Isa Pantami is a religious bigots and hater of Christians and non Muslims.

His radical and inflammatory rhetorics over the years has led to the death of many Christians in the North.

May God destroy any fool covering and supporting this terrorist.

451 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by Arewa1stSon: 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
Northerners are always on the defense online, never on the attack and that’s where most of our problems stems from. We need to fix up!!

One thing I know Is that Isa pantami will never resign or be fired!

I spoke with him and I'm happy with the conversations that ensured between us... That these animals are dealing with a very intelligent and smart creature!!

So let the media offensive continue!!

they're dealing with a Diallo!!

A Diallo is always Victorious!!

That's why we are called the vikings of Africa!!

Buhari,Elrufai others faced worse than this... Yet they're standing tall and powerful!!

We have already developed a thick skin against hate!!

In fact hate makes us more powerful... That's why we rule and administer even in countries where we are minority!!

Power,success,victory,intelligence, and beauty is in our DNA

we are always Victorious!!

38 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
Pantami is actually the minister for terrorists affairs. The minister for communication title that the FG gave to him was meant as an avenue to communicate data and logistics movement to Boko Haram.
No wonder Nigerian army complain that some people feed the terrorists information about their activities. Not knowing that the minister of communication and the departments under his ministry that knows the in and out are the ones giving them expo

253 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
Arewa1stSon:
Ok

Mtchheeeww

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by Nbotee(m): 4:38pm On Apr 22, 2021
No Islamic extremist can change.. They jus go undercover and den manifest wen it's time

197 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by Cyberterror: 4:39pm On Apr 22, 2021
If you guys know buhari very well you won't waste your time with these negative news coverage on pantami because it will even harden Buhari's heart more to give him bigger responsibilities cheesy

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by Chidexter(m): 4:39pm On Apr 22, 2021
I no blame them, na me wey do mistake allow make them born me for naija I blame.

32 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by kevapet: 4:41pm On Apr 22, 2021
Why should a terrorist change? Has the Koran changed?

155 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by triple996(m): 4:42pm On Apr 22, 2021
nonsense.
I thought pantami don resign.
online warriors grin.
but come to think of this , this online warriors are calling on pantami to resign. like seriously, kanu did worst but he is considered a hero until recently when karma began to bite the east hard.
DID YOU KNOW THTA ALQAIDA WAS CREATED BY THE USA TO FIGHT THE RUSSIANS. if pantami who might have had some sympathy 4 ALQAIDA in the past (according to the cyber-bullying that ensured) the USA, the bush family and Hilary Clinton are all terrorists. but of course they won't go to that direction since it doesn't align with their political witch-hunting angry

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by kevapet: 4:42pm On Apr 22, 2021
Chidexter:
I no blame them, na me wey do mistake allow make them born me for naija I blame.
grin

5 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by IfGodbeforus(m): 4:42pm On Apr 22, 2021
I said it here that Isa Pantami was specifically and specially appointed for a specific assignment. The assignment is jihadist and extremist in nature. Pmb is well aware of this whole jihadist thing. It can be officially proclaimed that Nigeria is under the siege of terrorism. Mr. Obadiah has long said it.

119 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by kevapet: 4:44pm On Apr 22, 2021
triple996:
nonsense.
I thought pantami don resign.
online warriors grin
Yoruba one nijeriyanist. Those that received the prophecy of the coming prophet cowhari. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by blackmantis: 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2021
FACT!

Pantani will only be sacked or forced to resign if the FG sees international sanctions and embargoes coming it's way.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by Beremx(f): 4:49pm On Apr 22, 2021
In saner countries, the minister should have been fired. Buhari keeps ignoring the allegations and pretends he’s not aware.

Stupid leaders embarrassing Nigeria to the world.

103 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by FarahAideed: 4:51pm On Apr 22, 2021
Pantami might actually be Shekau ...go figure

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by FarahAideed: 4:51pm On Apr 22, 2021
Beremx:
In saner countries, the minister should have been fired. Buhari keeps ignoring the allegations and pretends he’s not aware.

Buhari rewarded him for his Jihadist exploits na

45 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by chatinent: 4:52pm On Apr 22, 2021
Beremx:

Beremx:

Buhari cannot sack his cohort.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by truthfulparrot(m): 4:53pm On Apr 22, 2021
Pantani is a danger to both Muslims and Christians in Nigeria. Why is Buhari still retaining him in his cabinet?

I will not be surprised if PMB nominates a ''repentant'' Shekerau for Minister of defence tomorrow! How did we descended to this level of impunity and shamelessness?

I am sure that world leaders and international communities are watching with keen interests and they will surely react directly or indirectly. The resent pronouncement by the British government to grant asylum to some IPOB members speaks volumes.

How do you want reasonable nations to take us serious or sell weapons to us, when we appoint someone with terroristic tendencies as our minister for communication?
This is not about religion or ethnicity- PATANI is a danger to both Muslim and Christians in Nigeria.

My problem with PMB is that his actions are often belated. Who are those advising PMB on diplomatic issues? Our Nation interests and security is greater than any individual. The scene of the world is rapidly changing, people now have easy access to information's - YOU CANNOT FULL ALL THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME.

23 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by IDeyNL: 4:53pm On Apr 22, 2021
Cyberterror:
If you guys know buhari very well you won't waste your time with these negative news coverage on pantami because it will even harden Buhari's heart more to give him bigger responsibilities cheesy

According to a northern Muslim terrorist.

You guys have been repeating the same line wishing the news about terrorist Isa Pantami dies down.

Never! If buhari likes let him take action. Terrorist Pantami's secrets allegiance to terrorists must be exposed.

40 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by Cyberterror: 4:58pm On Apr 22, 2021
IDeyNL:

According to a northern Muslim terrorist.

You guys have been repeating the same line wishing the news about terrorist Isa Pantami dies down.

Never! If buhari likes let him take action. Terrorist Pantami's secrets allegiance to terrorists must be exposed.

You guys can continue. After all, we have to find a way to keep busy till 2023.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by IDeyNL: 5:02pm On Apr 22, 2021
Cyberterror:

You guys can continue. After all, we have to find a way to keep busy till 2023.

So why are you worried about the exposure?

If you're not bothered why are you northern terrorist sympathizers disturbing us about Buhari giving him more portfolio?

Stay your own while we continue to expose you people.

24 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by hotwax: 5:03pm On Apr 22, 2021
he was placed in communication ministry for him to coordinate boko-haram communication.

This government are the real boko-haram.

United state don't know who buhari is. If they know, they would sent a ripper after him like that Iranian general

28 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:05pm On Apr 22, 2021
A terrorist is always a terrorist.

14 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by afroedo: 5:20pm On Apr 22, 2021
if he hires you now, you will speak with different mouth

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by 2special(m): 5:20pm On Apr 22, 2021
Patani, his act of terrorism is per second billing

2 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by ugochukwufrenzy: 5:50pm On Apr 22, 2021
we await the conclusion of this pantami case,,let's see if Nigeria is still a useless country or not..

8 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by shegzhkn: 5:50pm On Apr 22, 2021
Lol.

The guy will not resign and buhari will not give his job to someone else.

4 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Pantami Contracted Islamic TV To Cover FG Event by bigdammyj: 5:50pm On Apr 22, 2021
Noted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Message From President-elect Asiwaju Bola Tinubu / "God Will Never Forgive Me If I Support Atiku For President" — Obasanjo / Breaking News Independent National Electoral Commission Press Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.