Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? (19440 Views)

What Challenges Did You Face When Starting Your Business? / 3 Common Mistakes People Make When Starting A Business / Share Your Business Start-up Experience:what Challenges Did You Face? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by slimthugchimee2(m): 12:26pm On Apr 23, 2021
Hello nairalanders

I having a business idea that I am about to startup, I have acquired the capital and skillset ready to start small, I also have a clear cut business plan for it.

Now I just want to hear from other nairalanders the challenges they experienced when they started their business.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by buygala(m): 11:31pm On Apr 25, 2021
Have alternative power sources

Dont Sell on credit

Dont Sleep with your sales girl

370 Likes 24 Shares

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by superamoled: 11:31pm On Apr 25, 2021
Finding a trust worthy partner

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by unity004(m): 11:31pm On Apr 25, 2021
alcohol and oloshos

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by steric58(m): 11:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
Low patronage, food business.

11 Likes

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Ultrasur: 11:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
Losses

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by grandpoh(m): 11:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
Na naija we dey
Expect the unexpected
Look right,left,front,back,up and down before crossing the road

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Primenet(m): 11:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
Me na electricity

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by ayenale1(m): 11:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
Gives a hint about your proposed business before we can shook our mouth...

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by iLegendd(m): 11:33pm On Apr 25, 2021
"It won't work," was the challenge and when I made it work, they got angry and jealous.

End of story.

121 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:33pm On Apr 25, 2021
I am pessimistic about business in Nigeria but if you must go on have a very big marketing budget.

Learn how google ads work and how Facebook ads work and how to use them to close sales. Also get a good location too for offline sales.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by ThiagoKid(m): 11:33pm On Apr 25, 2021
Low patronage.
Pleasure in business. When you later have a female staff.

6 Likes

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by ictjobber: 11:33pm On Apr 25, 2021
Electricity and the high cost of Data... But that was then...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 25, 2021
The first step.. starting

3 Likes

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by hucknall: 11:35pm On Apr 25, 2021
1. No funds. The brokes must remain broke. sad

2. NEPA aka certified/world class business killers. They will frustrate you till your frustration becomes frustrated. cheesy

3. Not asking for sound advice from experienced and successful business men in your line.

Others includes; bad location, poor customer service, motivational speakers.

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 11:35pm On Apr 25, 2021
post=101124780:
Assembling a Business Team. ...Raising Capital for your Business. ...Finding the Right Business Location. ...Finding Good Employees. ...Finding Good Customers. ...Dealing with Competition. ...Unforeseen Business Challenges and Expenses.

ABEG MAKE WE HEAR WORD

NA OPATA YOU DEY YARN!

PLS SANE NAIRALANDERS, MAKE UNA POST COMMENTS MAKE I READ BETTER THINGS

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:35pm On Apr 25, 2021
All of us @[/b] have many businesses we are controlling at present and we have experienced different challenges along the way BUT the Koko be say, we overcame majority of the challenges to blossom.
It can only be God.
Here are some challenges we faced along the way, mentioned below are a few....

[b]Assembling a Business Team.
Raising Capital for your Business.
Finding the Right Business Location.
Finding Good Employees.
Finding Good Customers.
Dealing with Competition.
Unforeseen Business Challenges and Expenses

Entrepreneurship is Bae mehn!

codedsoft:
Don't you know these are the variables you will consider before running a successful business
You even have the time to reply losers and frustrated trolls in life.
U get time o.
We don't call them children of hate, frustrations and perdition for nothing you know tongue

FYI, you don't reply everyone's mention on Nairaland.
If you do, you give some nuisance chance to type more rubbish.
Ignoring those swines kill them more.
NEVER argue with them or engage them in a conversation.
They will make you roll in the mud with them.
They have nothing going on for them in their lives full of misery and bitterness, so they come on social media to look for who to bring down to their lowlives battered level.

#BeLikeDemMANNA
Glad you learnt something from our post......as always.
Read, learn and move on!

Bloomeverywhere:
I always love your comments. God bless you all

Thank you so much for the compliment.
God bless you and yours also.
May God's blessing follow you all the rest of your life.
Have a blessed Week ahead sir.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 25, 2021
1. That your grandiose plans are bullshit
2. That your idea isn't special or unique
3. That you need money to make money.
4. Your girlfriend, wife and family members will discourage you.
5. Your friends will disert you.
6. That you will work and work round the clock and nothing will show for all the work you have done.
7. People will promise you heaven and earth but wont follow up on their promises
8. You will have constant fear of the unknown and lot of financial insecurities until you make it.
9. You will be depressed, suicidal, cry and cry, pray to God for help to make your business successful but he wont listen.
10. You will be lonely, entrepreneurship is a lonely world. No help and nobody want to listen to your stories.
11. If you have employees, dem no understand, customers are owning you, all that matters to them is their salaries.
12. Betrayals.
13. Government policies, they can wake up one day and change every law to your disadvantage or advantage but be ready to adapt.
14. Investors, some are greedy, they can steal your business from you by enticing you with cash.
15. Bootstrap, Bootstrap, never depend on investors, they are evil.
16. You may not be successful
17.There is light at the end of the tunnel, never give up.

Entrepreneurship is hard, hard, hard job, it is not glamorous, i hate it, i hate it, i hate it, they promise me riches that i will be like Bill gates and Mark Zuckerberg all i saw was pain pain pain but if you are successful, o boy, the reward is crazy. Nobody will understand the pain you went through.

If you can't do it, just find a job.

71 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by CryptoMatic: 11:35pm On Apr 25, 2021
No enough capital
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 25, 2021
assholes around me, leeches

1 Like

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by hucknall: 11:37pm On Apr 25, 2021
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by ednut1(m): 11:37pm On Apr 25, 2021
Human beings aka staff

4 Likes

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by SweetVibe: 11:37pm On Apr 25, 2021
post=101124780:
We have many businesses we are controlling at present and we have experienced different challenges along the way BUT the Koko be say, we overcame majority of the challenges to blossom.
It can only be God.

Assembling a Business Team.
Finding Good Employees.
Finding Good Customers.
Unforeseen Business Challenges and Expenses.
Is this the requirement to start a dead vulture selling business?
please am interested boss to join you in this darling business

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by teegrams(m): 11:38pm On Apr 25, 2021
I will advice you as follows
1.Be mentally ready you will face challenges
2. If you are going to be hiring staff , do it right , hiring wrong would do your business more harm
3. Have at least enough cash for a 6 month flow to cover unseen
4. Your first customers are important treat them with satisfaction, they will give you good referral
5. If you are a Muslim or Christian your belief and trust on God is important now , am not saying you should go to the mountain , there are business principles hidden in those books , use them right
6. Innovate and network continuously
7. Don’t expect to blow over night , see your business as a baby nurture it
8. Know that most business don’t get profitable instantly no matter how much you make from inception , save for the raining days

I hope my points are valid
Best of luck in your new venture !

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 11:38pm On Apr 25, 2021
post=101124780:
All of us @[b][/b] have many businesses we are controlling at present and we have experienced different challenges along the way BUT the Koko be say, we overcame majority of the challenges to blossom.
It can only be God.
Here are some challenges we faced along the way, mentioned below are a few....

Assembling a Business Team.
Finding Good Employees.
Finding Good Customers.
Unforeseen Business Challenges and Expenses.

OPATA!

7 Likes

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by AbujaAgent: 11:39pm On Apr 25, 2021
My workers were nothing to write home about

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by nenyeRitta(f): 11:39pm On Apr 25, 2021
When the biz is having problems dont tell anyone. If you must tell make
sure these people are better than you and they can solve your problem.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by RapistOnBail: 11:40pm On Apr 25, 2021

1. Family. Them go use style Dey discourage me. Bokoharam say, kidnappers say, evil spirits say. Fulani herdsmen say. etc.

2. Friends. Na them dey help me squander my money when I never wise.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 25, 2021
Bastard Nigerian scammers, everybody wan chop person

8 Likes

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by LagosAirport: 11:41pm On Apr 25, 2021
I wish I had the capital

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Techwriter: 11:41pm On Apr 25, 2021
Once you can overcome the fear of failure and able to comeback anytime there is a set back then you will go far. Everyother thing is secondary

8 Likes

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by balingaonline(m): 11:42pm On Apr 25, 2021
firstly, inadequate capital, secondly low patronage and lastly unable to find trustworthy person.

and my business is a time consuming business but if you get more than enough capital and human resources to operate it, my people you are untop the world.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Walmart In Nigeria / Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! / CBN Revokes The Licenses Of Afribank, Spring Bank And Bank PHB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.