Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? (19438 Views)

What Challenges Did You Face When Starting Your Business? / 3 Common Mistakes People Make When Starting A Business / Share Your Business Start-up Experience:what Challenges Did You Face? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by tutudesz: 11:42pm On Apr 25, 2021
Money movement undecided whether going to the bank to deposit or closing for the day.

4 Likes

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 25, 2021
Basically dealing with niggerians.

6 Likes

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Saviolamemphix(m): 11:45pm On Apr 25, 2021
post=101124780:
All of us @[b][/b] have many businesses we are controlling at present and we have experienced different challenges along the way BUT the Koko be say, we overcame majority of the challenges to blossom.
It can only be God.
Here are some challenges we faced along the way, mentioned below are a few....

Assembling a Business Team.
Raising Capital for your Business.
Finding the Right Business Location.
Finding Good Employees.
Finding Good Customers.
Dealing with Competition.
Unforeseen Business Challenges and Expenses.
Shut up

6 Likes

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by codedsoft(m): 11:46pm On Apr 25, 2021
OmovuduTheBeast:

ABEG MAKE WE HEAR WORD

NA OPATA YOU DEY YARN!

PLS SANE NAIRALANDERS, MAKE UNA POST COMMENTS MAKE I READ BETTER THINGS
Don't you know these are the variables you will consider before running a successful business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 25, 2021
Small capital
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by RapistOnBail: 11:48pm On Apr 25, 2021
teegrams:
I will advice you as follows
1.Be mentally ready you will face challenges
2. If you are going to be hiring staff , do it right , hiring wrong would do your business more harm
3. Have at least enough cash for a 6 month flow to cover unseen
4. Your first customers are important treat them with satisfaction, they will give you good referral
5. If you are a Muslim or Christian your belief and trust on God is important now , am not saying you should go to the mountain , there are business principles hidden in those books , use them right
6. Innovate and network continuously
7. Don’t expect to blow over night , see your business as a baby nurture it
8. Know that most business don’t get profitable instantly no matter how much you make from inception , save for the raining days

I hope my points are valid
Best of luck in your new venture !

What challenge did you experience starting a business was the question

2 Likes

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by pennyland(m): 11:52pm On Apr 25, 2021
Every type of business has it challenge, give us the business name first,and we will tell you it challenge

2 Likes

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by gmacnoms(m): 11:53pm On Apr 25, 2021
slimthugchimee2:
Hello nairalanders

I having a business idea that I am about to startup, I have acquired the capital and skillset ready to start small, I also have a clear cut business plan for it.

Now I just want to hear from other nairalanders the challenges they experienced when they started their business.

Sometimes business plans and strategy sometimes won't go as planned. There are times when you'd be faced with unplanned occurrences in the business, and as such, you might be faced with several business setbacks. One certain thing is, each time you face a setback or a challenge and scale through it, your business becomes stronger, you become wiser and grow.

Business plan is great, but be open for the unplanned and build a strong will to thrive in the business against all odd

5 Likes

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by hucknall: 11:54pm On Apr 25, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

15. Bootstraps Bootstraps, never depend on investors, they are evil.
what is bootstraps? Isn't it a .CSS file?

17.[s]There is light at the end of the tunnel, [/s]never give up.

There isn't always light....

2 Likes

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Apr 25, 2021
hucknall:

what is bootstraps? Isn't it a .CSS file?

There isn't always light....

Lol...

To promote and develop by use of one's own initiative and work without reliance on outside help.

There is always light at the end of the tunnel.

1 Like

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Ihatethemods2: 11:57pm On Apr 25, 2021
Still tryna start mine.

Meanwhile, Meet the world most intelligent teenager, who is a Nigerian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mUaLNhydCg
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by hucknall: 12:00am On Apr 26, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Lol...

To promote and develop by use of one's own initiative and work without reliance on outside help.

Okay, thanks.

There is always light at the end of the tunnel.
Does Red lights count too?
you yourself said we might not be successful. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Olofin2(m): 12:00am On Apr 26, 2021
The govt of Ondo state went after me.

At the end of my nysc year in Ondo state in 2013, I established a desktop publishing centre in the town where I served. My prices for publishing per page and photocopy were half of what the locals were charging. I was approached not to destroy their means of livelihood with my charges. I refused. Next thing was that the local government officials came and demanded for tax of 15k in a business that was less than 3 months old. I had not made 15k since when I started that business.

So, they seized my equipments until I was able to pay.

After that, Ondo state internal revenue came demanding for 27k tax. I flared up and they closed my shop and took my computers, generator and photocopy machine away. I got them back after payment and left Ondo state forever.

12 Likes

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by GreaterFuture3: 12:00am On Apr 26, 2021
Everything and anything was/is and could still be a challenge. The country we live in is a very crazy one.

You need Gardening, Flowering, Horticulture and Beautification Services or a Professional House Painter? Hit me Up
I also supply Supply of Grains, mainly Soya and Maize ��
I'm also Moving Up in the Logistics/Haulage and Currency/FX business.
I pray that God would have mercy on me, ahiwe Favor and Grace
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 26, 2021
hucknall:

Okay, thanks.
Does Red lights count too?
you yourself said we might not be successful. undecided

Lol...red light....don't understand.

Yes..you "might" not be successful.

You may or may not.
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by olisaEze(m): 12:03am On Apr 26, 2021
Since you’ve got everything set and ready to go, it is now time to go and pacify 'village pipo'.

Nor let dem reason ur matter first, na dem dey worry our govt so! grin
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by hucknall: 12:03am On Apr 26, 2021
Olofin2:
The govt of Ondo state went after me.
Wetin you do?
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by hucknall: 12:05am On Apr 26, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Yes..you "might" not be successful.

You may or may not.
If one is not successful, then where is the light?

1 Like

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Perfectman91: 12:05am On Apr 26, 2021
Mine was wrong location, lack of funds

1 Like

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 26, 2021
Location,Difficulty Sourcing For Raw Materials and High Cost Of Production.
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 26, 2021
hucknall:
If one is not successful, then where is the light?

Why don't you look at the positive side instead of trying to argue English with me

1 Like

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by BruncleZuma: 12:08am On Apr 26, 2021
[center] grin grin grin grin[/center]
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Judybash93(m): 12:09am On Apr 26, 2021
Poultry business.. The chickens were fine until they started to drop dead right in front me due to many factors. I was a rookie then, now i know better

4 Likes

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by edoman2016: 12:09am On Apr 26, 2021
slimthugchimee2:
Hello nairalanders

I having a business idea that I am about to startup, I have acquired the capital and skillset ready to start small, I also have a clear cut business plan for it.

Now I just want to hear from other nairalanders the challenges they experienced when they started their business.

Experience is the key to success in business. Ideas and capital often fail in reality but experience will make the difference.

5 Likes

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Ojemedad: 12:10am On Apr 26, 2021
slimthugchimee2:
Hello nairalanders

Starting is the major problem

Then problem of credit, unfortunately credit is part of business

Proper financial management, If you are not good in managing money don't even think of starting a business

4 Likes

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by moneyissweet(m): 12:10am On Apr 26, 2021
Always nervous
Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Olofin2(m): 12:10am On Apr 26, 2021
hucknall:
Wetin you do?

At the end of my nysc year in Ondo state in 2013, I established a desktop publishing centre in the town where I served. My prices for publishing per page and photocopy were half of what the locals were charging. I was approached not to destroy their means of livelihood with my charges. I refused. Next thing was that the local government officials came and demanded for tax of 15k in a business that was less than 3 months old. I had not made 15k since when I started that business.

After that, Ondo state internal revenue came demanding for 27k tax. I flared up and they closed my shop and took my computers, generator and photocopy machine away. I got them back after payment and left Ondo state forever.

1 Like

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by STARGREEN(m): 12:12am On Apr 26, 2021
I think these two are among the major challenges;

1. Fear:
This is another issue you must overcome. To be successful... you have to convert fear to faith. Always remember that uncertainty will come but with patience you will understand how to turn it to gain. In summary every challenge has solution.

2. Lack of Patience:
Every business has gestation period to mature and be fruitful (profitable). You should wait for it to mature.
Every business has ups and downs. Challenges must surely come but with patience you will make it. You equally have to know when to say NO.

3 Likes

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by mokkalu1(m): 12:14am On Apr 26, 2021
Be ready for failure, but don't ever think of quiting. That's all!

1 Like

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by horladexino(m): 12:22am On Apr 26, 2021
It is very frustrating when you don't have enough capital for starting business and bad location causing of low sale.
I may not earn more than #500 for the whole week to the point of thinking of begging on nairaland, I has typed the messages before I deleted it for shameless shake
I am phone repair technician and selling of accessories but making no sale is making my life to be frustrated and miserable

MY brother please ensure you have enough capital for a start up and good location if not it will end in premiums tears

3 Likes

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by Nobody: 12:23am On Apr 26, 2021
Olofin2:

Your competitors set you up. grin grin

They must have used their union to call the government on you.

You self would have been reasonable to their demands.

3 Likes

Re: What Challenges Did You Experience When Starting A Business? by GreaterFuture3: 12:33am On Apr 26, 2021
Icumsa45:
Bastard Nigerian scammers, everybody wan chop person
You are in the business of Sugar?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Staff In Nairalander's UBA Account-Issue Sacked! / Walmart In Nigeria / CBN Revokes The Licenses Of Afribank, Spring Bank And Bank PHB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.