Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns (48526 Views)

Peace In Health Sector Threatened As FG Stops Salaries Of Medical House Officers / BREAKING: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns / Wonder Of Goron- Tula Fruit On Fertility And All Other Health Benefits. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by eby001(m): 12:53pm On Apr 24, 2021
Alwaysachick:

No more money for house and car. My uncle built his first house with money gotten from this, my cousin who just got married bought his wife a car with same money.

I don't feel sorry for those affected because most of them supported this APC govt because all was going well with them.

They forgot how to emphatize, most of them even became proud.
Eleribu supporting alqieda people Congress, don't worry it will go round grin
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by omonnakoda: 12:55pm On Apr 24, 2021
nwanna89:

Well... Am just relaying what was said by an official in a teaching hospital.
Are you a relay runner?

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Benwems(m): 12:56pm On Apr 24, 2021
dokgen:

Lol, bro, Nigeria has one of the cheapest healthcare, it might not be efficient, but its not expensive. Put the blame on the govt. for the poor remuneration of the workers. Health is not about headache and agbo alone, what happens to the pregnant mother in labour, the children with pneumonia and meningitis.? Na agbo go cure them? the endless cases of malnutrition? or the massive trauma along express roads. The health system is shitty but about to be the real shit, if this policy is absolutely implemented
Stop lying. Nigeria does not have one of the cheapest health care. You doctors are liars and propagandists. Health care in Nigeria is expensive and yet consultants do not come to work leaving the inexperienced registrars to do most of the jobs so please stop lying here. UK, India, Germany, Austria all have free health care. Their citizens only pay taxes. I have attached a screenshot to show you list of countries with free health a care. You doctors are liars and propagandists.

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Vaughanlanrewaj: 12:59pm On Apr 24, 2021
omonnakoda:
I don't understand your English. I am not being funny but you have not communicated.

What is your point sir?
I thought you had previously not been concerned about the double standards in not considering ARD members as trainees who should not be paid more than full fledged healthcare professionals in the system ni.
Pardon my lack of clarity sir.I apologise.
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 24, 2021
omonnakoda:
Are you a relay runner?

wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by dohyn(m): 1:01pm On Apr 24, 2021
my honest advice to anyone in final year med school right now is to start IELTS. Aim to write your Plab or Usmle during HJ.
forget NYSC and residency abeg. Only give one year to Nigeria and japa. I even heard that you can do HJ in Ghana or T&T.
Don't waste your life giving to a country that doesn't give a Bleep about you.
Avoid "had I known" that some of us are saying now.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by DrFunmisticGlow: 1:02pm On Apr 24, 2021
booscy:

Abeg shift.

Nigerians have been surviving by mixing drugs from CHEMIST shops or drinking AGBO concoctions.

DO WE HAVE A HEALTHCARE SYSTEM?

Taa make we hear word.
Many HAVE DIED PREMATURELY via the carelessness and trial and error experimental by these people ABEG!!!!

Yet their services are not affordable.
who do nigerians go to when chemist shops and agbo concoctions mess upwhich happens often?

The unpaid doctors. Let that sink in

4 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by nrexzy: 1:03pm On Apr 24, 2021
Ckonnet:

Private sector dont pay much

But they pay
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by DrFunmisticGlow: 1:05pm On Apr 24, 2021
Benwems:

Stop lying. Nigeria does not have one of the cheapest health care. You doctors are liars and propagandists. Health care in Nigeria is expensive and yet consultants do not come to work leaving the inexperienced registrars to do most of the jobs so please stop lying here. UK, India, Germany, Austria all have free health care. Their citizens only pay taxes. I have attached a screenshot to show you list of countries with free health a care. You doctors are liars and propagandists.
these are countries with high cost of living where the people pay a lot in taxes.

Or do you think thier governments gives free healthcare with thier teeth?

Google the salaries of the healthworkers in those countries with 'free healthcare'

4 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by omonnakoda: 1:05pm On Apr 24, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

I thought you had previously not been concerned about the double standards in not considering ARD members as trainees who should not be paid more than full fledged healthcare professionals in the system ni.
Pardon my lack of clarity sir.I apologise.
You are going into a different subject and I need to understand you fully before I respond because I do not like to talk carelessly
Is your issue about the idea that other professionals e.g Pharmacists or nurses are paid less than resident doctors?
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Mcslize: 1:07pm On Apr 24, 2021
Medicine is overrated, genuinely speaking from the true sense of it. Students just put in applications for it just for the hype of it. It's not that they are being well paid for the profession here in Nigeria.

Studying medicine in Nigeria is a pure waste of time and useful energy. Some parents are fond of forcing their children to study all these bogus courses just for the sake of the big names they posses. Let's come to it financially, they ain't doing well.

It is high time our children started diverting their attentions from all the likes of medicine and surgery and the so called Law. Going to school to study law seriously in this Nigeria context is a pure waste of time. Why not study something more tech oriented? Why must it be medicine and law? How much are lawyers getting paid here in Nigeria?

Even the so called N190,000- N200,000 they pay medical house officers is still a peanut compare to the amount of years spent studying such a herculean course.

A lot of sensitisations ought to be done to make students realize that studying medicine doesn't actually make one rich or wealthy. Except for those that studied it for the love of it, any person going into that cuz of money is doomed for depression because your work won't be highly compensated with the amount of energy you put in weeks in weeks out. It is a nightmare so to say.

4 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Zoe99(f): 1:07pm On Apr 24, 2021
Incandescent:

Make una go siddon

I don't support the Nigerian government and their stupidity but Nigerian doctors think they are they the best thing after bread was invented.

Go to the hospitals and see for yourself. Terrible and nonchalant attitude because you be doctor.

I thank God for the few godly ones tho.
There are people with terrible attitudes in every kind of work-place.I don't even want to start talking about the civil service.I keep looking for the many arrogant doctors and I find few of them.Besides,as a doctor,you are the leader of the health team and your firmness may be misinterpreted as arrogance.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by eby001(m): 1:07pm On Apr 24, 2021
nrexzy:

But they pay

Picture how private school are being run in this country, that is what you get in private hospital.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by northvietnam(m): 1:08pm On Apr 24, 2021
That's the disadvantages of voting buhari...
When we were shouting up and done some poeple were so blinded with religion and tribalism .. now see the effect
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by olatunji390(m): 1:08pm On Apr 24, 2021
nrexzy:

But they pay

U want to compare private hospital 50k to Government 200k +

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Zoe99(f): 1:11pm On Apr 24, 2021
Spidermon:

Are medical interns authorized to do surgery?

From the little I have seen of public health care in Nigerian hospitals, the quality is too poor.

The workers maybe doing their best in spite of the system but when it boils down, the services are shit.

If it gets worse that this, people will prefer to just die at home
Interns assist in surgeries and see patients if there's shortage of residents.
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by DrFunmisticGlow: 1:12pm On Apr 24, 2021
olatunji390:

U want to compare private hospital 50k to Government 200k +
Are you minding them?
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by DrFunmisticGlow: 1:13pm On Apr 24, 2021
Zoe99:
which is all the time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Benwems(m): 1:15pm On Apr 24, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
okay. By the time you land in the hands of a quack and dangle between heaven and earth.

It will become very clear.

By the time an unpaid intern walks out on a sick person mid surgery because of other more important things than an unpaid job, your eye will clear.
You are talking rubbish. Who is a bloody intern? It’s like you think most people here are illiterates. An intern have no business where’s a minor or major surgery. He’s duty to go for messages, bring spirit, bring syringe. Your job is to stay at the bad and look. It’s the duty of the consultant and registrar to do surgery and give health care. An intern’s job is to observe and ask one or two brilliant questions. So an intern does not have significant use. It’s because consultants in Nigeria are paid for doing nothing. That’s why a bloody intern and junior registrar can open his mouth to talk bullshit. I traveled to Germany and saw their health care, it was the consultants taking the lead, registrars basically looks and ask questions (apprentice). But here in Nigeria, consultants are no where to be found, so registrars start playing god and a bloody student intern opens he’s mouth to talk trash because of the corrupt and rotten system in the Nigeria health care in which consultants are paid to seat at home. Rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by kabiruDK(m): 1:16pm On Apr 24, 2021
God punish all these our useless leaders, ahhh!!!
Aswear body weak me, no vibe to study again. I pray it doesnot workout !!!

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by hansomb: 1:22pm On Apr 24, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
well then.
It seems that going to medical school is no longer worth the risk..

Everybody will now want to be an engineer.

Hopefully this means they will no longer be used as houseboys and girls in teaching hospitals.

They will no longer do calls especially those 96hr straight calls.

This is all shades of bleeped up.

Dear prospsective jambites. Medicine is no longer worth its high cutoff mark. Go and do engineering and IT.

Housemanship is not studentship. How dumb are these elites?
don't try discouraging those who want to serve humanity rather than for material gain. After you've scaled the fence don't tell other there's nothing in the other side.
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by hansomb: 1:24pm On Apr 24, 2021
To hold my teacher in this art equal to my own parents; to make him partner in my livelihood; when he is in need of money to share mine with him; to consider his family as my own brothers, and to teach them this art, if they want to learn it, without fee or indenture; to impart precept, oral instruction, and all other instruction to my own sons, the sons of my teacher, and to indentured pupils who have taken the Healer’s oath, but to nobody else.
I will use those dietary regimens which will benefit my patients according to my greatest ability and judgment, and I will do no harm or injustice to them. [7] Neither will I administer a poison to anybody when asked to do so, nor will I suggest such a course. Similarly I will not give to a woman a
pessary to cause abortion. But I will keep pure and holy both my life and my art. I will not use the knife, not even, verily, on sufferers from stone , but I will give place to such as are craftsmen therein.
Into whatsoever houses I enter, I will enter to help the sick, and I will abstain from all intentional wrong-doing and harm, especially from abusing the bodies of man or woman , bond or free . And whatsoever I shall see or hear in the course of my profession, as well as outside my profession in my intercourse with men, if it be what should not be published abroad, I will never divulge, holding such things to be holy secrets.
Now if I carry out this oath, and break it not, may I gain for ever reputation among all men for my life and for my art; but if I break it and forswear myself, may the opposite befall me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Hassanmaye(m): 1:25pm On Apr 24, 2021
DrFunmisticGlow:
fine, let them do yahoo yahoo, kidnapping and banditry then

It is better than doing that slavery called housejob without getting paid.
shocked shocked shocked shocked God in heaven!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by hansomb: 1:25pm On Apr 24, 2021
hansomb:
To hold my teacher in this art equal to my own parents; to make him partner in my livelihood; when he is in need of money to share mine with him; to consider his family as my own brothers, and to teach them this art, if they want to learn it, without fee or indenture; to impart precept, oral instruction, and all other instruction to my own sons, the sons of my teacher, and to indentured pupils who have taken the Healer’s oath, but to nobody else.
I will use those dietary regimens which will benefit my patients according to my greatest ability and judgment, and I will do no harm or injustice to them. [7] Neither will I administer a poison to anybody when asked to do so, nor will I suggest such a course. Similarly I will not give to a woman a
pessary to cause abortion. But I will keep pure and holy both my life and my art. I will not use the knife, not even, verily, on sufferers from stone , but I will give place to such as are craftsmen therein.
Into whatsoever houses I enter, I will enter to help the sick, and I will abstain from all intentional wrong-doing and harm, especially from abusing the bodies of man or woman , bond or free . And whatsoever I shall see or hear in the course of my profession, as well as outside my profession in my intercourse with men, if it be what should not be published abroad, I will never divulge, holding such things to be holy secrets.
Now if I carry out this oath, and break it not, may I gain for ever reputation among all men for my life and for my art; but if I break it and forswear myself, may the opposite befall me.
without fee or indenture
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by hansomb: 1:30pm On Apr 24, 2021
dokgen:

The people wey don too chop, wey you dey hate are the ones supporting the fragile health of your country from breaking down in shambles. If you think say e easy, run am go do medicine.

The quality of healthcare will decline steadily, because, nobody will do slave work for free, and the basic job of taking history and bedside assessment will suffer. Laboratory result collection and specimens submission too will suffer massively. Do you know the huge role NYSC doctors, cover, when you discourage them, with no salary, who will fill that vaccuum?

NO worry, when you get diarrhea, and nurse tell you say make you extract your own blood yourself, na when you go understand as e dey go. You should weep for the nigerian populace. There will be massice depopulatio and brain drain. prett soon.
NYSC doctors

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by hansomb: 1:34pm On Apr 24, 2021
booscy:

Abeg shift.

Nigerians have been surviving by mixing drugs from CHEMIST shops or drinking AGBO concoctions.

DO WE HAVE A HEALTHCARE SYSTEM?

Taa make we hear word.
Many HAVE DIED PREMATURELY via the carelessness and trial and error experimental by these people ABEG!!!!

Yet their services are not affordable.
I have forgotten the last time I visited hospital. na Ìyà Ìyàbó àgbó and chemist dey help man pikin life oooo. . .
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Jackson105: 1:35pm On Apr 24, 2021
Coldie:

Shutup enemies of the country...

A good citizen should be willing and ready to sacrifice for his country.

Set awon amotekun

To hell with your advice and the failed country.

Any health workers that still decide to stay in this hell after all this treatment is a big fool and we have only himself to blame

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Nukilia: 1:36pm On Apr 24, 2021
Alwaysachick:

No more money for house and car. My uncle built his first house with money gotten from this, my cousin who just got married bought his wife a car with same money.

I don't feel sorry for those affected because most of them supported this APC govt because all was going well with them.

They forgot how to emphatize, most of them even became proud.

You are correct! Most of them campaigned for this government simply because they could eat 3 meals a day undecided The chicken has come home to roost
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Nukilia: 1:38pm On Apr 24, 2021
AdaNri1:
Na una vote APC.
Vote Tinubu please I’m begging you people cheesy so that Resident Doctors will also stop being paid, after all they’re “training” to be consultants grin

APC! TINUBU!! APC!!
They have shared money in bullion vans there’s no more to share, they went on to stamp duty on people’s hard earned rent money e still no do. now they are coming for people’s lives by not paying doctors.

The people are gradually feeling the heat grin grin grin When the time comes, the citizens will drag their politicians in the street and char their bodies and properties
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Spidermon: 1:39pm On Apr 24, 2021
Zoe99:

I know.

Interns majorly assist in a standard hospital setting.

They only get to really do stuff when in a posting (mostly rural) where more experienced doctors are unavailable.
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Lxgking(m): 1:39pm On Apr 24, 2021
hansomb:
without fee or indenture
Like that was all you saw?
You didn't see livelihood??
You didn't see sharing of money??
You didn't see family??

You just saw "without fees", but you paid to be taught, you paid to learn the skills needed, but suddenly it's a very bad thing to receive little payment for the services you spent money and time learning??
Re: FG Scraps Salary For Medical House Officers And Other Health Interns by Benwems(m): 1:40pm On Apr 24, 2021
Uncleodi:

Have you ever wondered why Nigerian doctors are doing so excellently abroad?

You clearly don't understand the danger ahead in Nigerian health sector
Most, I repeat, Most Nigerian doctors are not doing well abroad. They are mostly General practitioners or emergency doctors (even Nigerian consultant doctors) are emergency doctors in UK, they are not allowed specialty. The Nigerian doctors that are specialist doctors are those that schooled abroad(did their BMMS abroad) and did their residency abroad and are brilliant are the ones doing well not the ones that left Nigeria as doctors. So kindly stop lying and misleading people. Nigerian doctors are liars and propagandists. Even the UK jobs Nigerian doctors dying for. It’s G.P, Emergency department that’s where they work. But they come online and lie like they are in specialized fields.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Coronavirus: 8 New Cases In Nigeria. 97 Confirmed Cases Now / 2 Teenage Girls Sell Their Ovaries, Eggs, Organs For ₦‎100,000 Each In Ogun / Malaria And Genotype Any Link ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.