Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,850 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance (44070 Views)

67-Year-Old Russian Mum Hired Hitman To Kill Her Children Over Inheritance / Extortionist Poses For The Camera After FUTA Students Beat Him (Graphic Pics) / Woman Goes Berserk, Sets Sister, Three Others On Fire Over Inheritance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by Kondomatic(m): 8:35am On Apr 24, 2021
I already knew that the husband was the first son before I opened this thread.
See, it's time first sons know and accept that everybody was born equal, male and female alike.

My old Man didn't write a will and he was a single dad before meeting my mom. So when it was time to share some of his lands, the first child was like "I am the father now" I told him that I don't have a father.

Then he said that the "lands will be measured and shared into two equal parts, one for him and one for I and my brothers to share. The reason was that since another woman had him for my old man it means that we're two families and lands are shared between families in NSK"

Surprisingly everybody agreed with him. Even my elder brother who was supposed to be the one speaking was quiet.

But I would never agree to something like that so I asked him why wasn't the hospital bills and the money spent to bury our old man split between the two imaginary families?

No answer.

I told them clearly that since we shared the bill to the last kobo, we will also share his property equally.

Nah then wahala start. Las las I won.

Some of these traditions need to be done away with and parents should try as much as possible to have a will. My own grandfather shared his properties while he was still alive and there was a written agreement that his sons will be paying him some amount of money every three months until he's dead and there was no misunderstanding anywhere.

First sons in most Igbo families would want to claim everything their father worked for and leave nothing to the younger ones.

That is madness.

5 Likes

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by Calitoscassius(m): 8:35am On Apr 24, 2021
phransix2:
Too lengthy
imagine. And repeating the same lines several times. Whoever wrote this report is a morron.
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by kense88: 8:39am On Apr 24, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
This is one of the reasons I keep saying I will never leave any wealth for my children, I will train them to at least university level for those who wanted to go to school, a plot of land each, both male and female, and 3 million each to start up their lives when they come up in age .. the remaining money i will squander it with my wife till I die ... make them no get hope say I keep anything for them
story, why the man no born only him first son ? So he birth others to start suffering abi ? Am the first son of the family. I shared our property equally with my brother. I actually wish i had the financial capacity to give everything to him. You lead by example ok.

2 Likes

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by Calitoscassius(m): 8:47am On Apr 24, 2021
Kondomatic:
See, it's time first sons know and accept that everybody was born equal, male and female alike.

My old Man didn't write a will and he was a single dad before meeting my mom. So when it was time to share some of his lands, the first child was like "I am the father now" I told him that I don't have a father.

Then he said that the "lands will be measured and shared into two equal parts, one for him and one for I and my brothers to share. The reason was that since another woman had him for my old man it means that we're two families and lands are shared between families in NSK"

Surprisingly everybody agreed with him. Even my elder brother who was supposed to be the one speaking was quiet.

But I would never agree to something like that so I asked him why wasn't the hospital bills and the money spent to bury our old man split between the two imaginary families?

No answer.

I told them clearly that since we shared the bill to the last kobo, we will also share his property equally.

Some of these traditions need to be done away with and parents should try as much as possible to have a will. My own grandfather shared his properties while he was still alive and there was a written agreement that his sons will be paying him some amount of money every three months until he's dead and there was no misunderstanding anywhere.

First sons in most Igbo families would want to claim everything their father worked for and leave nothing to the younger ones.

That is madness.
Total rubbish, all this troubles just for material things, properties and lands? If the so called first son want let him keep everything. Did you know that in some families the last born (son) are millionaires, letting their older brothers including the first son live in their houses, gave their older brothers money to start up their own businesses? I even bought one of them a lexus recently. Even some of my older brothers kids even lives in my house, i cloth and feed them. Their fathers are even my step brothers. They have already shared my father's properties amongst them though my father is still alive and living in my house. I am not letting anyone kill me for bloody lands and shits that i can afford. No way! They can keep the lands and properties. Fucck that!!

1 Like

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by kense88: 8:49am On Apr 24, 2021
jagorinho:

Squander!!! I love that word, just make sure you know when you will die at old age , so you won't still be alive after " The Squander "...... na hunger go be your class teacher.
hahahaha. He must be a god
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by Calitoscassius(m): 8:53am On Apr 24, 2021
All this for nothing! Now who is the winner? The man who lost his life? The children who lost their father? The woman who lost her husband? The idiots who lost their older brother? IGBO people always killing themselves over nothing!

All these was caused by poverty. The man has died a poor welder; he was poor and died in poverty. Very sad.
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by Dpharisee: 8:54am On Apr 24, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
I blamed the Igbo inheritance sharing culture for this

Imagine when the first born is entitled to lion share of inheritance or females are not consider human enough to enjoy their fathers labour

Very good one from your grandfather

I have a friend who usually says Lagos is too tough he will go back to the village and collect all his late father farms, houses and sell them to help himself,. I ask about his siblings he said they were not his business nor problem

He claimed he's the first born hence the rightful owner of everything, this is someone whose father last born is still in secondary school yet unwilling to give her anything because she is a female that don't deserve inheritance

Can I blame his siblings of same father same mother if they poison him? Of cause I can't

The Igbo need to really come together and do things right, if not most family better be ready for the death of their first born

Cc @mpesa
Gone past that now after the Supreme Court judgement on inheritance accepted and adopted by all Igbo traditional rulers

1 Like

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by naija1stnigar(m): 8:58am On Apr 24, 2021
heartbraker:
Nothing person no go see from dis iyamiri and dere barbaric culture no wonder dey do wake up there parents with side kicks, awon backward people.
what do you have to say about alimi who sold out his father and also lost his inheritance to fulanis because of greediness. Fools like you are always eager to exhibit their foolishness with every given opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by ORIAYO70(m): 9:05am On Apr 24, 2021
adenigga:

https://m.punchng.com/crime/I-watched-helplessly-as-my-husband-siblings-beat-him-to-death-over-inheritance-Imo-widow

Imagine what laziness has caused
Son of the Lucifer who knows if they kill their father....

As for you claiming police, soon u meet ur Waterloo..

Some slowpoke here will spit nonsense blood is thicker than water, where is the thickness now...

Beating the pregnant woman again, even their mum was part of the predicament...

I Will marry my tribe see where he end am now...

These siblings r wicked n heartless cos of property.. hmm Chinaza ur own evil kinsmen fail you to death.

2 Likes

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by wingmanIII: 9:07am On Apr 24, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Look at the bolded phrase. I was just writing about the barbaric ibo culture which recognizes only the first son as the legitimate child in the family who inherits everything. Lol. This is the result. Congrats!

Also, look at the bolded first part of a paragraph which emphasized on having a male child. Bas.tard culture. Yet, this region wants to lead Nigeria again.

Very daft, empty and foolish comment. Tueh!
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 24, 2021
Just another day in flatin0 land.......igbos and fulani's aren't human beings, they're simply animals.
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by Blackdisciple(m): 9:18am On Apr 24, 2021
Hmm..
RIP May God console his family.
Family wahala. Me wey Una no go even see me talkless of arguing about papa things with me ahh!
His brothers are all lazy youths waiting to scavenger on their dad's property.
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by seunjungle1(m): 9:24am On Apr 24, 2021
Because of things you cannot carry go heaven..you killed your brother.
What a shameful family
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by Princedapace(m): 9:28am On Apr 24, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
I blamed the Igbo inheritance sharing culture for this

Imagine when the first born is entitled to lion share of inheritance or females are not consider human enough to enjoy their fathers labour

Very good one from your grandfather

I have a friend who usually says Lagos is too tough he will go back to the village and collect all his late father farms, houses and sell them to help himself,. I ask about his siblings he said they were not his business nor problem

He claimed he's the first born hence the rightful owner of everything, this is someone whose father last born is still in secondary school yet unwilling to give her anything because she is a female that don't deserve inheritance

Can I blame his siblings of same father same mother if they poison him? Of cause I can't

The Igbo need to really come together and do things right, if not most family better be ready for the death of their first born

Cc @mpesa

Igbos this, Igbo that. Oga, it depends on the family and individual. My grand father shared his properties to all his kids including the ladies. My father's elder sister still comes to the village to do business with her own inheritance. Everyone got something, even the married ladies still got good portion of properties and still do business with them. They attend family meetings and have serious say during family meetings.

My mom sister, her husband shared his properties to his daughters as well. He has just one son and one adopted son with two girls. They all got good portion of his landed properties.

The koko is individuals and what they have to even share. So, all these igbo this and that is just rubbish.

In many communities, they share properties to ladies and sons. Your comment is properly designed to mock the igbos no wonder u kept using some words to describe how u think the igbos perceive the female child.

Yet, igbos have produced outstanding females around the world. Igbos don't degrade women. Igbos educate their ladies and they are among the most educated in the country.

2 Likes

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by Melv4(m): 9:30am On Apr 24, 2021
The wife has pushed her husband to an early grave , greedy and selfish people everywhere.
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by judgedredd22(m): 9:40am On Apr 24, 2021
AsherAmari:
Babaric children.

People just birth children like chicken without proper training, only to die and leave them causing havoc and problems everywhere after their death.

Parents, please try to train your children and bring them up in the way of the Lord to avoid such discord in the family when they grow up.

My Igbo brothers, please stop killing yourselves over properties that will end up rotting away when y'all are gone. Hian!

Dem no go hear o!!

Asa nwa, how you dey??
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by davit: 9:41am On Apr 24, 2021
The East and fight over inheritance especially land Na 5 and 6. I wonder how it will survive if given biafra. Same with Yoruba land too. What we all should be clamouring for is true Federalism and restructuring. Peace.
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by blamingthedevil: 9:45am On Apr 24, 2021
Greediness in the land of igbos :-
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by Ruggman: 9:46am On Apr 24, 2021
They have now shared the property abi?.
Foolishness and stupidity are essential ingredients to children of perdition.
Even their mother could not call them to order.
The police sister felt she is above the law as an officer.
Where is brotherly love and Bond of the womb?
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by Ruggman: 9:50am On Apr 24, 2021
blamingthedevil:
Greediness in the land of igbos :-

Must you ethenisize and tribalised this matter?, Can you say something like this never happens in yorubaland?.
Let us preach love irrespective of the situation
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by anigbajumo(m): 9:50am On Apr 24, 2021
Kondomatic:

No answer.

That is madness.

Your first paragraph is pure nonsense, Am a Yoruba man not igbonman and am currently in control of my father's business of which am very much active in it. My father just married a lady from Imo state and she just gave birth to a son, imagine me that's hustling up and down day and night to make the business sustain that he can acquire property will share the same with the son that knows how he acquired the said property. Am hustler infact I will be on my own in a short time and I will av made it millions by God's grace before my father reach old age but the fact is that the new born baby of One year has little say in my fathers property infact his mother can't put mouth for where I dey talk not to even talk of his son. When the first son dey hustle and map out strategy to secured their fathers wealth nobody was there only for last born to come out and say the property belongs to all of us and share it equal is totally rubbish. Mind u, I never plan to share in my father's property coz I would av acquired mine by God's grace in coming yrs.
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by Sterope(f): 9:55am On Apr 24, 2021
Yorubas on this thread acting like it doesn't happen here as well. grin

His greed killed him. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by Kondomatic(m): 9:55am On Apr 24, 2021
anigbajumo:

Your first paragraph is pure nonsense, Am a Yoruba man not igbonman and am currently in control of my father's business of which am very much active in it. My father just married a lady from Imo state and she just gave birth to a son, imagine me that's hustling up and down day and night to make the business sustain that he can acquire property will share the same with the son that knows how he acquired the said property. Am hustler infact I will be on my own in a short time and I will av made it millions by God's grace before my father reach old age but the fact is that the new born baby of One year has little say in my fathers property infact his mother can't put mouth for where I dey talk not to even talk of his son. When the first son dey hustle and map out strategy to secured their fathers wealth nobody was there only for last born to come out and say the property belongs to all of us and share it equal is totally rubbish. Mind u, I never plan to share in my father's property coz I would av acquired mine by God's grace in coming yrs.
I will still comment when one of you kill the other.

1 Like

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by brown3: 9:56am On Apr 24, 2021
MPESA:

Na wetin them go talk , but I still dey doubt it ... One and half plot for the first son and he still say No... I doubts it.
it might be truth considering that the deceased was also against their mother.
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by Sterope(f): 9:59am On Apr 24, 2021
My father's business who is the the new baby's father as well or does the baby belong to someone else. Your hustling is for your pocket, the business is still very much your father's as well not yours. I am sure you get a salary and if you don't thanks for volunteering. No employee/child goes about claiming what belongs to another because of blood. It is still isn't your business. Go and start yours so you can stop claiming someone's else's business.

anigbajumo:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by anigbajumo(m): 10:00am On Apr 24, 2021
Kondomatic:
I will still comment when one of you kill the other.

That can never be possible. Av u ever seen any street hustler fighting for property?? I be legit real hustler and it's paying me wella. Inheritance is nothing to me coz I will be richer than my father by God's grace, I just sight u example from ur biased write-up.
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by Sterope(f): 10:01am On Apr 24, 2021
What are the other reasons?
EndBuhariNow:
This is one of the reasons I keep saying I will never leave any wealth for my children, I will train them to at least university level for those who wanted to go to school, a plot of land each, both male and female, and 3 million each to start up their lives when they come up in age .. the remaining money i will squander it with my wife till I die ... make them no get hope say I keep anything for them
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by anigbajumo(m): 10:04am On Apr 24, 2021
Sterope:
My father's business who is the the new baby's father as well or does the baby belong to someone else. Your hustling is for your pocket, the business is still very much your father's as well not yours. I am sure you get a salary and if you don't thanks for volunteering. No employee/child goes about claiming what belongs to another because of blood. It is still isn't your business. Go and start yours so you can stop claiming someone's else's business.

Nothing will change the fact that First born will still an edge over other son, his relationship to his father has not been mutual that's why he paid the ultimate price. A child of yesterday can never say he has right to share the same property with the first born, that's totally absurd infact his mother can't sit down with me to dey gist together coz I won't give the chance, wen u started minding ur business as head of the house nobody will av the guts to try rubbish with you.

Who tells u the son doesn't av any share from the property, his own will be far far lesser to that if the first born. How will a child of yesterday will be dictating to his elder brother??
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by brown3: 10:06am On Apr 24, 2021
dederocs:

A people with no values, who see money as their god...
fool, these ones are Even better they fought their self physically, if it was Muslim afonja family they would have used juju to finish themselves.

1 Like

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by Pharaoh4rin(m): 10:13am On Apr 24, 2021
I know that the deceased;Chibuzor is stubborn but Imo people are heartless. Engage them and you'll know who they are. That's why they remain a thorn in Biafra. Tufia kwa!
Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by Sterope(f): 10:13am On Apr 24, 2021
The fact that you and those dead and buried people concocted. Any mother that cannot comfortably curse that first son is no mother.

You see that business is your father's NOT yours. That business belongs to all his children. Every child is equal. Nothing makes you superior to that baby. Congratulations to you for having a relationship with your father but it doesn't change the truth about the equality of all children.

I am the first child and a daughter. I have got lots of brothers. My first brother would never utter such despicable facts. I also have a baby brother. When we think investing as siblings, we include him even though he isn't contributing a penny. We are not even talking about our parents' properties.

anigbajumo:

Nothing will change the fact that First born will still an edge over other son, his relationship to his father has not been mutual that's why he paid the ultimate price. A child of yesterday can never say he has right to share the same property with the first born, that's totally absurd infact his mother can't sit down with me to dey gist together coz I won't give the chance, wen u started minding ur business as head of the house nobody will av the guts to try rubbish with you.

1 Like

Re: I Watched Helplessly As My Husband’s Siblings Beat Him To Death Over Inheritance by ogwuche4u(m): 10:27am On Apr 24, 2021
You want the government to establish you? undecided... Your husband's siblings are wicked. They have to face the full weight of the law. Sorry for your loss.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests 9 Yahoo Boys In Abuja (Pictures) / Mad Man Attacks Schoolchildren In Ogun, Kills 2 (Graphic) / Young Thief In Uyo Almost Burnt Alive (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.