Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

My Car Stops On Motion, Please Help!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Stops On Motion, Please Help!! (748 Views)

The car stops on motion. / Help!! Brake And Quench(car Stops Once The Fuel Goes Down) / 1.3 Million Ford F-150 Recalled Due To Doors That May Open On Motion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Stops On Motion, Please Help!! by moscobabs(m): 12:58pm On Apr 24, 2021
Please Car owners, Mechanics and Engineers in the house.

My car start misbehaving after mechanic fixed something from the Engine. There was this sound that always come out from the Engine before,so I took it to this mechanic and he fix it.

Since the day I picked it from Ayobo(the mechanic workshop) I have not enjoyed the car again, it stopped more than 20times whenever it enters gallop or i try to slow down a bit. So I have to turn back and take it the mechanic agaiƱ who later change something in it ( he showed me the part) and I pick the car again, it stopped once but it start again and I was able to drive it home even with the heavy traffic it didn't stop till I reach home (Ijoko otta).

I drive only on weekend, so the next weekend I drive it again it stopped twice and stop, today is the third week and I drive it again is now getting worse as it stops like 10mins interval like 5 times before it stop.

Note that it only cut and pick again immediately I start it back.

The AC has not been working after the repair, I don't have time yet to take it to AC repairer to know the actual fault.

When I called the mechanic he advised me to meet a Rewire because it could be electrical fault, I have not met any yet cos I'm thinking of running scan on the car first so I won't be spending on wrong thing but I don't know any one who can scan it around Sango Otta yet.

Please help me o, what could have caused the issue ? Is it mechanic or Electrical or is there something I need to do?

The car is Subaru Impreza 2011 model.

Thanks
Re: My Car Stops On Motion, Please Help!! by moscobabs(m): 1:01pm On Apr 24, 2021
Oga Gazuuz pls help me sir
Re: My Car Stops On Motion, Please Help!! by chillex8(m): 3:09pm On Apr 24, 2021
moscobabs:
Please Car owners, Mechanics and Engineers in the house.

My car start misbehaving after mechanic fixed something from the Engine. There was this sound that always come out from the Engine before,so I took it to this mechanic and he fix it.

Since the day I picked it from Ayobo(the mechanic workshop) I have not enjoyed the car again, it stopped more than 20times whenever it enters gallop or i try to slow down a bit. So I have to turn back and take it the mechanic agaiƱ who later change something in it ( he showed me the part) and I pick the car again, it stopped once but it start again and I was able to drive it home even with the heavy traffic it didn't stop till I reach home (Ijoko otta).

I drive only on weekend, so the next weekend I drive it again it stopped twice and stop, today is the third week and I drive it again is now getting worse as it stops like 10mins interval like 5 times before it stop.

Note that it only cut and pick again immediately I start it back.

The AC has not been working after the repair, I don't have time yet to take it to AC repairer to know the actual fault.

When I called the mechanic he advised me to meet a Rewire because it could be electrical fault, I have not met any yet cos I'm thinking of running scan on the car first so I won't be spending on wrong thing but I don't know any one who can scan it around Sango Otta yet.

Please help me o, what could have caused the issue ? Is it mechanic or Electrical or is there something I need to do?

The car is Subaru Impreza 2011 model.

Thanks
No pun intended. This car has no business in any mechanics shop in ayobo.
A lot could be wrong with your car and would require patience to resolve.

Scan first or visit a standard auto shop.

1 Like

Re: My Car Stops On Motion, Please Help!! by Observer007(m): 3:29pm On Apr 24, 2021
The mechanic fixed something, and later changed something in the car. What are these somethings? Call and ask your mechanic about the things he changed, then update your original post. It will help our gurus here have a better idea about what might be going on between your car and your current mechanic. In my opinion, this car definitely needs a new doctor, who knows what he's doing, and you also need to know a bit more about your car.
Re: My Car Stops On Motion, Please Help!! by ksmart027(m): 3:48pm On Apr 24, 2021
Is the car rolls royce phantom or volkswagen beetle?
just asking for a friend.
Re: My Car Stops On Motion, Please Help!! by moscobabs(m): 4:51pm On Apr 24, 2021
Observer007:
The mechanic fixed something, and later changed something in the car. What are these somethings? Call and ask your mechanic about the things he changed, then update your original post. It will help our gurus here have a better idea about what might be going on between your car and your current mechanic. In my opinion, this car definitely needs a new doctor, who knows what he's doing, and you also need to know a bit more about your car.

Bro this is not my first car and not even second, I use two cars presently.

About what he changed, I don't know the names of the items but I can confirm he changed some parts.

(1) (Reply)

2006 Registered Corolla Altis For Sale / I Need A Car For Uber Or Bolt. / Private Cars Should Be Reduced On Nigerian Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.