Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,918 members, 7,806,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Who Is The Real Husband? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Is The Real Husband? (1710 Views)

The Real Reason Why Bobrisky Was Arrested? / The Real Truth About Relocating To Canada In 2022 / The Real Meaning Of Iyawo, Yoruba Word For Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Real Husband? by ejimatic: 11:12am On Apr 25, 2021
ejimatic:
A man married a woman legally and after some years he suddenly disappeared from the family.His wife looked for him for seven years after which the court legally declared the man missing. The woman remarried and had two children .Suddenly the missing husband reaaoeared from nowhere and claimed to be the rightful owner of the woman.
.The question is Who is the real husband? The first man or the second man.? I also want to add that assumption of death declaration is just for document purpose and can be used by the wife to access family property in any form .It is not a license for remarriage.You still need to dissolve the first marriage before you go for the second one. This however applies to those who want to do things properly and legally not in our society where most people do what they like on marriage matters. Any contrary opinion is respected
. I just read now somebody said I called for a legal action against a dead person .That is the person s interpretation which did not originate from my submission.What I said here is that the woman should approach the court for the dissolution of the marriage.If the marriage is not dissolved the First Man is the husband legally even if he comes ten years after.The second man is just gambling in his union with the woman. Granted,It is painful and emotional especially when there are children in the second marriage Playing safe in a marriage matter is non negotiable.
Re: Who Is The Real Husband? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:46pm On Apr 25, 2021
ejimatic:
. I just read now somebody said I called for a legal action against a dead person .That is the person s interpretation which did not originate from my submission.What I said here is that the woman should approach the court for the dissolution of the marriage.If the marriage is not dissolved the First Man is the husband legally even if he comes ten years after.The second man is just gambling in his union with the woman. Granted,It is painful and emotional especially when there are children in the second marriage Playing safe in a marriage matter is non negotiable.

Try it, go to court and lay this case, see if you would not be going Straight to Prison for being a Fake Lawyer!

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Real Husband? by cococandy(f): 2:07pm On Apr 25, 2021
ejimatic:
. Assumption that is the word.He is assumed to have died but he is not dead.Something therefore is still wrong about the second marriage....The discussion continues

You just want something to be wrong with the second marriage. There isn’t. And the discussion is void because of that

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Real Husband? by frozen70(f): 3:46pm On Apr 25, 2021
ejimatic:
A man married a woman legally and after some years he suddenly disappeared from the family.His wife looked for him for seven years after which the court legally declared the man missing. The woman remarried and had two children .Suddenly the missing husband reaaoeared from nowhere and claimed to be the rightful owner of the woman.
.The question is Who is the real husband? The first man or the second man.? I also want to add that assumption of death declaration is just for document purpose and can be used by the wife to access family property in any form .It is not a license for remarriage.You still need to dissolve the first marriage before you go for the second one. This however applies to those who want to do things properly and legally not in our society where most people do what they like on marriage matters. Any contrary opinion is respected

The answer is with the wife, she is the one that knows who she thinks or wants as husband

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Real Husband? by ejimatic: 6:25am On Apr 26, 2021
[qIf the We donuote author=cococandy post=101109919]

You just want something to be wrong with the second marriage. There isn’t. And the discussion is void because of that [/quote]. My opinion is based on Assumption of Death Declaration which is not a proper dissolution of marriage. This is quite different from other declaration documents in court. If the man comes bqck a day after assumption of death declaration has been given is he not the husband? He is.Why? the marriage is still valid under the law..Logically then until the first marriage is disolved even in the absence of the first husband the second marriage is invalid under the law
Re: Who Is The Real Husband? by ejimatic: 6:26am On Apr 26, 2021
cococandy:

You just want something to be wrong with the second marriage. There isn’t. And the discussion is void because of that
My opinion is based on Assumption of Death Declaration which is not a proper dissolution of marriage. This is quite different from other declaration documents in court. If the man comes bqck a day after assumption of death declaration has been given is he not the husband? He is.Why? the marriage is still valid under the law..Logically then until the first marriage is disolved even in the absence of the first husband the second marriage is invalid under the law
Re: Who Is The Real Husband? by ejimatic: 6:44am On Apr 26, 2021
frozen70:

The answer is with the wife, she is the one that knows who she thinks or wants as husband
. Your view could be so but may be different from the judicial interpretation of the matter.The only problem we have in Nigeria is that we do thing as we like.Lawyers don't advise clients well but take only one line of reasoning as if it were to be Mathematics.They end up in complicating matters for their clients.Clients too are in darkness unlike in the foreign countries where citizens have access to the law at home.How many Nigerians even marry legally and properly? As I always advise people don't be too emotional on marital issues Use your senses , [sup][/sup]come out of one marriage legally before you enter into another one. Many Second Marriages have been rubbished in court because there is no ground for them.Their lawyers went home with money for their families.The clients' problems continue.Why not coming out of one legally before going into another? That is why all of us need to assist the society on the legality and illegality of the second marriage .
Re: Who Is The Real Husband? by frozen70(f): 2:22pm On Apr 26, 2021
ejimatic:
. Your view could be so but may be different from the judicial interpretation of the matter.The only problem we have in Nigeria is that we do thing as we like.Lawyers don't advise clients well but take only one line of reasoning as if it were to be Mathematics.They end up in complicating matters for their clients.*Clients too are in darkness unlike in the foreign countries where citizens have access to the law at home*.How many Nigerians even marry legally and properly? As I always advise people don't be too emotional on marital issues Use your senses , [sup][/sup]come out of one marriage legally before you enter into another one. Many Second Marriages have been rubbished in court because there is no ground for them.Their lawyers went home with money for their families.The clients' problems continue.Why not coming out of one legally before going into another? That is why all of us need to assist the society on the legality and illegality of the second marriage .

That's exactly what it is
Re: Who Is The Real Husband? by ejimatic: 4:04pm On Apr 26, 2021
frozen70:

That's exactly what it is
. Appreciated sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ugandan Woman Marries Three Men And Determines The Roster For Sex (photos) / If Only I Can Settle This, I Will Have Peace Of Mind. / Whatever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.