Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,927 members, 7,806,690 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Crime / Zenith Bank Rats In Nigeria Banks - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Crime / Zenith Bank Rats In Nigeria Banks (1571 Views)

Two Giant Rats Spotted Exchanging Blows Like Humans, In Lagos (photo) / Armed Robbers Kill Lebanese At Ghana Zenith Bank, Steal His N16M (Graphic Pics) / Zenith Bank Robbery: IMSU Graduate Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crime / Zenith Bank Rats In Nigeria Banks by Kulrunnins: 2:09pm On Apr 24, 2021
*Crime alert ! Crime alert !! Crime alert !!!*

The Nigerian public must be alerted to a new banking cybercrime trending today . It is my understanding that bank officials do collect customers ATM card information and give it out to their criminal friends to defraud customers , thereby breaching bank and customer's confidentiality agreement .

These cyber criminal mostly use this information to do online transactions today . They might use your money online to buy bitcoin , book hotel reservations abroad , do online purchases abroad . ETCs

And, when you go to the bank to lodge a complaint the customer care attendant will place you in a cross-road of confusion by telling the customer that she/he may have exposed her ATM card to the criminal . Precisely the statement you get is ,"your ATM card has been compromised" . This is the latest trend within the banking institutions today .

This new techniques by rats within banks doesn't come as a surprise to me . Reason being that , in the past , we have heard of cases where bank officials connives with criminals such that when customers come into the bank to make a huge withdrawals , this bank officials inform their criminal friends that intercept and Rob innocent customers of their monies while driving out of the bank .

This was why at a time cashers in some banks were not allowed to use mobile phones while on duty . Rats in banks is a burden today and this poses a great risk to all users of ATM cards .

Nigerians must be on the alert and watchout for this trend .

*Please , share this message . It may save your love ones from falling victims*

Lesson for banks : There should be a process that should requires a security pass through a customer's phone number linked to that account before access to anything online activities is granted by the banks for every transaction . They must build a safety wall for the customer otherwise , Nigerians will be at the mercies of cubercriminals in and outside the bank .

This is the only way out of this cybercrime . Moreso , the CBN cashless policy would be a disaster !

*Please, continue to share till all Nigerians get this message .*

*SHARE ! SHARE !! SHARE !!!*

2 Likes

Re: Crime / Zenith Bank Rats In Nigeria Banks by Gabby06: 7:37am On Apr 25, 2021
I read this with keen interest this morning . This issue may also be happening in other banks too , not just only in Zenith Bank . Very very scary now !

Recently I heard same story of a friend whose sister was a victim of unknown debit transactions . But , why are banks not so secured in terms of transactions ?

The regulators , which is central bank must hold this banks accountable and be made to pay customers the money that they lost . ATM stuffs related matters are a thing of the past today in the western world . Otherwise , you are easily tracked and caught . Even when you misplace your debit card . The debit cards are tied to phone numbers !

The criminals doing this stuff in the western world must have flocked back home to take advantage of the banks in Nigeria . Too bad sha .

The bank should pay your money back . They have no excuse not to .

Sorry , Kulrunnins .

[color=#006600][/color]

Kulrunnins:
*Crime alert ! Crime alert !! Crime alert !!!*

The Nigerian public must be alerted to a new banking cybercrime trending today . It is my understanding that bank officials do collect customers ATM card information and give it out to their criminal friends to defraud customers , thereby breaching bank and customer's confidentiality agreement .

These cyber criminal mostly use this information to do online transactions today . They might use your money online to buy bitcoin , book hotel reservations abroad , do online purchases abroad . ETCs

And, when you go to the bank to lodge a complaint the customer care attendant will place you in a cross-road of confusion by telling the customer that she/he may have exposed her ATM card to the criminal . Precisely the statement you get is ,"your ATM card has been compromised" . This is the latest trend within the banking institutions today .

This new techniques by rats within banks doesn't come as a surprise to me . Reason being that , in the past , we have heard of cases where bank officials connives with criminals such that when customers come into the bank to make a huge withdrawals , this bank officials inform their criminal friends that intercept and Rob innocent customers of their monies while driving out of the bank .

This was why at a time cashers in some banks were not allowed to use mobile phones while on duty . Rats in banks is a burden today and this poses a great risk to all users of ATM cards .

Nigerians must be on the alert and watchout for this trend .

*Please , share this message . It may save your love ones from falling victims*

Lesson for banks : There should be a process that should requires a security pass through a customer's phone number linked to that account before access to anything online activities is granted by the banks for every transaction . They must build a safety wall for the customer otherwise , Nigerians will be at the mercies of cubercriminals in and outside the bank .

This is the only way out of this cybercrime . Moreso , the CBN cashless policy would be a disaster !

*Please, continue to share till all Nigerians get this message .*

*SHARE ! SHARE !! SHARE !!!*

1 Like

Re: Crime / Zenith Bank Rats In Nigeria Banks by Kulrunnins: 8:54am On Apr 25, 2021
@Gabby06,
It is a pathetic situation . It is that bad because many of our politicians today at a time orchestrated this kind of cyber crimes at one point in time of their life e.g Ibori as allege and proven by d UK govt . And these same old cyber criminals are in high positions in the government and friends to these bank directors and chairmen .

We Nigerians used to give accolades to 419 guys in those days , even today . You hear talks in the street like ,"Abeg , d boyz no get work , mek police no dey trouble them ja re !" . Now , we can see d result . What goes around comes around

It's no more a laughing matter ! The bank must return my cash because it not spirits that made the transaction .

Thanks for your kind words .

Gabby06:
I read this with keen interest this morning . This issue may also be happening in other banks too , not just only in Zenith Bank . Very very scary now !

Recently I heard same story of a friend whose sister was a victim of unknown debit transactions . But , why are banks not so secured in terms of transactions ?

The regulators , which is central bank must hold this banks accountable and be made to pay customers the money that they lost . ATM stuffs related matters are a thing of the past today in the western world . Otherwise , you are easily tracked and caught . Even when you misplace your debit card . The debit cards are tied to phone numbers !

The criminals doing this stuff in the western world must have flocked back home to take advantage of the banks in Nigeria . Too bad sha .

Sorry , Kulrunnins .

[color=#006600][/color]

Re: Crime / Zenith Bank Rats In Nigeria Banks by Adam09: 10:02am On Apr 25, 2021
@OP stop writing rubbish. This is absolute trash as far as I am concern.
1.Why are you calling out Zenith bank?
2. Is Zenith Bank responsible for the safety of your ATM card?
3.How do you come up with the conclusion that Zenith's staff are involved?
4. When you shop on phising site and you ignorantly supply your card details, is Zenith Bank also responsible for that?
5. When you visit fraudulent agents for POS withdrawal and they get details of your card, is Zenith Bank also responsible?
I bank with Zenith Bank too and I am concious of my ATM card details, don't come online and spoil people's businesses.

1 Like

Re: Crime / Zenith Bank Rats In Nigeria Banks by Lilly9: 4:17pm On Apr 25, 2021
So, this story about zenithbank is true ? God oooo !!!
I hear people talk about it and I give them deaf ears . But now , I am afraid as there is no smoke without fire !
Thanks for presenting your ordeals here .

Adam09:
4. When you shop on phising site and you ignorantly supply your card details, is Zenith Bank also responsible for that?
5. When you visit fraudulent agents for POS withdrawal and they get details of your card, is Zenith Bank also responsible?
I bank with Zenith Bank too and I am concious of my ATM card details, don't come online and spoil people's businesses.
Re: Crime / Zenith Bank Rats In Nigeria Banks by Kulrunnins: 4:49pm On Apr 25, 2021
@Adam09 ,
I am glad to respond to the points you have raised but in an hostile faction . Never mind !
Like I told the customer care attendant , my case will expose the rats working in zenith bank . If you must know , I have gotten the attention of MasterCard Africa/Asia and MasterCard international . I will not say here what was discussed .

For your information , the rats in zenith Bank made the biggest mistake buy giving out details of an account to their cyber criminal colleagues that has never been configured to access online businesses . So, if you must know , before your ATM card is given access to online activities there is a process of configuration ok . The same way you configure your ATM card to ATM card machines when you are given an opportunity to change your PIN .

So, you can see why I said with authority that there are rats inside Zenith Bank .

Secondly , even if the ATM card is a configured card ,Lets assume , if zenith bank is not compromised , a transaction can be terminated ! The money does not just get to the hands of the seller or the services agency . It takes time . So, if this is how transactions goes , why ain't customers that had complained in the past gotten their money back ?

I know that such reasoning that you made will come up and it is how the bank has program their staff to say to make innocent customers that have fallen victims to feel guilty and let their hard earn money to not be recovered .

Thanks @Adam09 .

Lilly9:
So,
this story about zenithbank is true ? God oooo !!!
I hear people talk about it and I give them deaf ears . But now , I am afraid as there is no smoke without fire !
Thanks for presenting your ordeals here .

Re: Crime / Zenith Bank Rats In Nigeria Banks by Kulrunnins: 4:59pm On Apr 25, 2021
@Adam09 ,

I want to add a point , I know that zenith bank may not be the only bank guilty of this point that I am about to make .

Why is it that when a customer logs on , say a customer who is configured for internet access , why is a text message not sent to the customer's phone for him to either accept or decline transactions , before an actual online transaction is made ? Why ?

But , it is only after a transaction the customer gets an alert !

So, ponder over it .....@Adam09 . These cyber criminals have met their match this time ok .

Kulrunnins:
@Adam09 ,
I am glad to respond to the points you have raised but in an hostile faction . Never mind !
Like I told the customer care attendant , my case will expose the rats working in zenith bank . If you must know , I have gotten the attention of MasterCard Africa/Asia and MasterCard international . I will not say here what was discussed .

For your information , the rats in zenith Bank made the biggest mistake buy giving out details of an account to their cyber criminal colleagues that has never been configured to access online businesses . So, if you must know , before your ATM card is given access to online activities there is a process of configuration ok . The same way you configure your ATM card to ATM card machines when you are given an opportunity to change your PIN .

So, you can see why I said with authority that there are rats inside Zenith Bank .

Secondly , even if the ATM card is a configured card ,Lets assume , if zenith bank is not compromised , a transaction can be terminated ! The money does not just get to the hands of the seller or the services agency . It takes time . So, if this is how transactions goes , why ain't customers that had complained in the past gotten their money back ?

I know that such reasoning that you made will come up and it is how the bank has program their staff to say to make innocent customers that have fallen victims to feel guilty and let their hard earn money to not be recovered .

Thanks @Adam09 .

Re: Crime / Zenith Bank Rats In Nigeria Banks by Adam09: 6:49pm On Apr 25, 2021
Kulrunnins:
@Adam09 ,

Thanks @Adam09 .

Well sorry for your loss. But let me honest with you, if your card has not been tied to your account, no transaction can occur.
Your ATM is not post configured on any ATM, the only reason why they request you visit the ATM or use a POS is to change the default PIN.
Well, what did master card tell you? They are just Card association that switch transactions.

Bros, don't think I work for Zenith bank, I don't. But I have an idea of how they operate.

Hope you have inform the bank to cancel all cards on your account? If you haven't, please do so.

#Safe bro.

Re: Crime / Zenith Bank Rats In Nigeria Banks by Franzinni: 7:21pm On Apr 25, 2021
Zenith bank hmm let me not talk..

azamen... Wetinnnnn dey sup!!
Re: Crime / Zenith Bank Rats In Nigeria Banks by Kulrunnins: 6:40am On Apr 26, 2021
@Franzinni .

Sir/Ma ...if you see something , say something ! Nigerians have been too docile over issues of national interest for too long . That is what has placed us where we are today ....unsafe society !

Something will start in pocket sizes and we Nigerians will act as if it is not our business until that kind of case will now spread wide and get out of hand . It shouldn't be so at all .

These problems had been predicted for long . I know that this trend will come especially with the job insecurity of workers in the bank . Only few career bankers inside the banks today . Maybe you have 90% non career bankers(contract workers) and just 10% career workers ! And , these non career workers can be laid off at anytime . So, a worker who knows these , has a 99% tendencies to be pushed into colluding with a cyber criminal network while still working in the bank or when he has been sacked . So, the system is bleeped ! The banks must be held accountable . Customer's money must be protected .

Thanks @Franzinni .

Franzinni:
Zenith bank hmm let me not talk..

azamen... Wetinnnnn dey sup!!

1 Like

Re: Crime / Zenith Bank Rats In Nigeria Banks by Shukushaka: 11:44am On Apr 26, 2021
My only issues with Zenith Bank is, SMS and stamp duty charges are being deducted without alerts,is this not thiefry? I'll just log in to the app to see my account is no longer the way it is, without no debit alerts but going thru the account history you'll then see SMS charge and stamp duty charges has been deducted.

1 Like

Re: Crime / Zenith Bank Rats In Nigeria Banks by Kulrunnins: 7:09pm On Apr 26, 2021
Gents ,
Accessbank , Ecobank and Zenith Bank are infested by rats within . Be alert poor Nigerians .

Victims are weeping on twitter . I pray our voices will be heard .

Say "No to Bank Rats " today !

Thank you all .

Gabby06:

Sorry , Kulrunnins .

[color=#006600][/color]

Re: Crime / Zenith Bank Rats In Nigeria Banks by Kulrunnins: 7:57pm On Apr 26, 2021
Gents ,

We shall all get there . The Rat gums for the bank rats will soon gerry-curl them .....lol ! I pray that victims shall start to call these banks out as they are ! That a bank customer got his ATM misplaced and the ATM card is found by an ATM fraudster should not be an automatic pass for the fraudster to go online and use your money to start shopping online .

Alert to ok an access to your bank account for an online transaction must first hit the account holders phone . Either he declines or accept the transaction by striking his phone key must and have been a requirement for such transactions . Otherwise , we cannot be talking of a cashless society at all . There is no way that an ATM card will not be exposed . The card must be exposed . But your phone is your secured key and barrier against ATM fraud .

Isha allah we shall get there . The NDIC , consumer protection department of central bank , Brekete , others are already getting a feel of this matter online . If the banks refuse to refund customer's money , they may just be set out for a fist with the media . Their adverts in CNN and others will be defeated by their own undoing .

Not a threat !

Re: Crime / Zenith Bank Rats In Nigeria Banks by Lilly9: 6:20am On Apr 27, 2021
>>Shukushaka ,

It is an unfortunate situation that Nigerians are experiencing . The regulators are not even checking this bank's negative excesses .

Hahahaha ...maybe , their losses last year as a result of covid-19 is what is driving them into committing all these thiefry cheesy

Shukushaka:
My only issues with Zenith Bank is, SMS and stamp duty charges are being deducted without alerts,is this not thiefry? I'll just log in to the app to see my account is no longer the way it is, without no debit alerts but going thru the account history you'll then see SMS charge and stamp duty charges has been deducted.
Re: Crime / Zenith Bank Rats In Nigeria Banks by nedekid: 6:41am On Apr 27, 2021
Adam09:
Oga chill.
This same bank has always had issues of insider fraud and my experience proved it. About 10 years ago, someone close to me recieved strange debit alert, 2ice totalling about 5m. On enquiries, it was discovered the fraud was done through his cheque book. Booklet he kept in a safe. Apperently 2 cheques were neatly cut out with a razor blade.
I was on my way to the boarder when this guy gave me his gist. There in the vehicle I called home that my recently collected booklet be checked. Supprisenly 1 leaf was cleanly cut. Ie 1 page was missing Eg 79. There and then I called my banking officer. Since I could not come to the bank to block the cheque number via a letter she said I should send her text. I did.
7 months later I was driving when I got debit alert for about 400k! To cut a long story short, that cheque number was still active and the scammers monitored my account till I used close to that cheque number before making a move.
On visit to the bank they were cold towards me. I said I will go to police, they said go! Naturally, they are covered because before you pick up a new cheque book you are required to sign "counted and collected by me". That exonorates the bank. But do you really count? An insider would have neatly taken out a leaf and start monitoring your account till you use close to that cheque number. It could take months.
My person lost his money, but I got mine refunded, how? The bank bullshitted me, so I went to the police with that text evidence ie the one I sent to my banking officer asking her to block that cheque number. She got arrested. Omo see lawyers from head office etc. The lady came with her hubby 6 am to dobale for me at home that she will pay, I should leave the matter. I got paid along with my police expenses. When dpo heard I signed agreement and got paid, he was vexed, saying I made him loose a lot of money! Lol.
Bottomline, don't know how cheque work now cos I don't use them. Always count the leaf number by number before you sign and collect your cheque book.

2 Likes

Re: Crime / Zenith Bank Rats In Nigeria Banks by Kulrunnins: 11:47am On Apr 27, 2021
@nedekid

Stories like this are eye opener to the public . There are lots of criminals working in the bank today . Sometimes , I am even afraid to fill in my home address in d address space . Let , it not be that these criminals will start giving out details of you to kidnappers . And , during ransom negotiation they will now ask for close to the cash in your account .
There is that video of kidnapper confessions about zenith bank workers in d social media. After , I watched that video with link :

"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g21eN3lQ2ak".

I had to advice myself going forward to apply caution in what we fill in that address space . Moreso , when you have rats in these banks ! But in d video it was a case of "dog eat dog" .

Thank you for sharing your experience !

nedekid:

Oga chill.
This same bank has always had issues of insider fraud and my experience proved it. About 10 years ago, someone close to me recieved strange debit alert, 2ice totalling about 5m. On enquiries, it was discovered the fraud was done through his cheque book. Booklet he kept in a safe. Apperently 2 cheques were neatly cut out with a razor blade.
I was on my way to the boarder when this guy gave me his gist. There in the vehicle I called home that my recently collected booklet be checked. Supprisenly 1 leaf was cleanly cut. Ie 1 page was missing Eg 79. There and then I called my banking officer. Since I could not come to the bank to block the cheque number via a letter she said I should send her text. I did.
7 months later I was driving when I got debit alert for about 400k! To cut a long story short, that cheque number was still active and the scammers monitored my account till I used close to that cheque number before making a move.
On visit to the bank they were cold towards me. I said I will go to police, they said go! Naturally, they are covered because before you pick up a new cheque book you are required to sign "counted and collected by me". That exonorates the bank. But do you really count? An insider would have neatly taken out a leaf and start monitoring your account till you use close to that cheque number. It could take months.
My person lost his money, but I got mine refunded, how? The bank bullshitted me, so I went to the police with that text evidence ie the one I sent to my banking officer asking her to block that cheque number. She got arrested. Omo see lawyers from head office etc. The lady came with her hubby 6 am to dobale for me at home that she will pay, I should leave the matter. I got paid along with my police expenses. When dpo heard I signed agreement and got paid, he was vexed, saying I made him loose a lot of money! Lol.
Bottomline, don't know how cheque work now cos I don't use them. Always count the leaf number by number before you sign and collect your cheque book.

1 Like

Re: Crime / Zenith Bank Rats In Nigeria Banks by Kulrunnins: 8:37pm On Apr 27, 2021
Nigerians ,

I greet you all . Zenith Bank will surely pay me my money . The reason being that I am so aware of some measures I took that involved un-authorized online transaction that led to debits from my account which are as follows :

(1) Block your ATM if you can (but , I never blocked mine , it was the bank that blocked it .

(2) I submitted physically and via internet to Zenith Bank , my complaints and I filled 2 different forms .

(2) I contacted MasterCard international about the transaction . And , they escalated . They called me 2 days later to give me and assured me that the money will be returned in a space of 1month or sooner , that I should exercise patience . That , I should always go to the bank when they need my attention .

These 3-steps ensures and insures you getting your money back . Don't trust the MasterCard office in charge of Africa/Asia . Their response was like that of the customer care of these banks . Though , I contacted them almost the same time I contacted the international office , their response came when I have already relaxed my mind .

A white person is always a white person . They treated my case with swiftness as they frown against fraudulent matters .Unlike in Africa/Asia that glorify criminality . God bless the White .

Come to think of it , if you the mandate of processing payments involving transactions, then you should also have powers to cancel an illegal transaction, or else it will be seen as aiding a fraudulent process after somebody blew a whistle concerning such transactions . So, when the Africa/Asia rep of MasterCard sounded like the bank customer care , I shock . But , I give God the glory in using this platform to expose the disease in some of our bank , and to also enlighten us about steps to take when anyone we know falls victim to these scheme happening in our banks today .
I shall be waiting patiently to receiving my cash back to the last kobo . Amen

Thank you . Spread the link to these story .

Nigeria will be better than what we have seen so far .

Bye

Kulrunnins:
@nedekid

Stories like this are eye opener to the public . There are lots of criminals working in the bank today . Sometimes , I am even afraid to fill in my home address in d address space . Let , it not be that these criminals will start giving out details of you to kidnappers . And , during ransom negotiation they will now ask for close to the cash in your account .
There is that video of kidnapper confessions about zenith bank workers in d social media. After , I watched that video with link :

"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g21eN3lQ2ak".

I had to advice myself going forward to apply caution in what we fill in that address space . Moreso , when you have rats in these banks ! But in d video it was a case of "dog eat dog" .

Thank you for sharing your experience !

1 Like

Re: Crime / Zenith Bank Rats In Nigeria Banks by Lilly9: 11:10am On Apr 28, 2021
Kulrunnis ,

I am happy that your hopes on getting your money returned back is high . But there are so many Nigerians out there that may not be as smart as you are to have followed through d process and steps you initiated towards ensuring their money is safe despite the bank's poor response in cases involving un-authorized debits wrt atm cards .

Is there no way to hold the banks accountable ?

Thanks

Kulrunnins:
Nigerians ,

I greet you all . Zenith Bank will surely pay me my money . The reason being that I am so aware of some measures I took that involved un-authorized online transaction that led to debits from my account which are as follows :

(1) Block your ATM if you can (but , I never blocked mine , it was the bank that blocked it .

(2) I submitted physically and via internet to Zenith Bank , my complaints and I filled 2 different forms .

(2) I contacted MasterCard international about the transaction . And , they escalated . They called me 2 days later to give me and assured me that the money will be returned in a space of 1month or sooner , that I should exercise patience . That , I should always go to the bank when they need my attention .

These 3-steps ensures and insures you getting your money back . Don't trust the MasterCard office in charge of Africa/Asia . Their response was like that of the customer care of these banks . Though , I contacted them almost the same time I contacted the international office , their response came when I have already relaxed my mind .

A white person is always a white person . They treated my case with swiftness as they frown against fraudulent matters .Unlike in Africa/Asia that glorify criminality . God bless the White .

Come to think of it , if you the mandate of processing payments involving transactions, then you should also have powers to cancel an illegal transaction, or else it will be seen as aiding a fraudulent process after somebody blew a whistle concerning such transactions . So, when the Africa/Asia rep of MasterCard sounded like the bank customer care , I shock . But , I give God the glory in using this platform to expose the disease in some of our bank , and to also enlighten us about steps to take when anyone we know falls victim to these scheme happening in our banks today .
I shall be waiting patiently to receiving my cash back to the last kobo . Amen

Thank you . Spread the link to these story .

Nigeria will be better than what we have seen so far .

Bye

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Lady Arrested By EFCC For Internet Fraud Shorty After Welcoming New / Check Out Checkphotos Of A Lady Who Has Confessed To Have Infected Multiple Men / Sylvester Oromoni: Former Teacher At Dowen College Makes Shocking Revelation Abo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.