Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,100 members, 7,807,302 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married (38316 Views)

Omotola Jalade Ekeinde Celebrates Her 46th Birthday Today / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Shows Off Her Backside In New Photos / Is This Albino Guy Hot? Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Asks (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by jaybenugo: 6:42pm On Apr 24, 2021
I Became A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 - Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Speaks On Her Early Marriage

Veteran Nigerian actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, recently had an interview with BBC Yoruba where she spoke about getting married to her husband, Captain Matthew Ekeinde, when she was 18-years-old, IgbereTV reports.

During her interview, Omotola said she was ready for marriage and was already a millionaire at 18 when she married her husband 25 years ago. The actress said this when she was asked if she would allow any of her children to marry at the age of 18 like she did.

She said;

“I was at the age of consent when I got married and above all, I was mature when I met my husband. Currently, I have only one child that is 18 years old, so the question is late. He is a boy and peradventure, he says he wants to get married, I will not allow it because he does not have his own money now.

One must apply wisdom or common sense in everything one does. People cannot say that because I married at 18, therefore they can also do it. The question is, ‘are you ready for marriage’? When I was at that age, I was ready. I had been working since I was 15-years-old and I had become a millionaire at the age of 18. That is a fact that a lot of people don’t know.

I had my own money. I was not dependent on any man. Moreover, my father died early, so I was already responsible for my younger siblings. I was like their mother at that time, so I was very mature and financially prepared. One should not marry a man when one is not financially stable.

If one does that, one would be going into slavery or better still, prison. If any of my children, after considering all these factors, say they are ready for marriage, we (parents) would meet the person and if we like them, we would give them our blessings.”

https://igberetvnews.com/1388421/became-millionaire-age-18-omotola-jalade-ekeinde-speaks-early-marriage/

Watch video
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CN0EYR3BVMg/?igshid=rwi6vnpml2qn

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Ammishaddai: 6:44pm On Apr 24, 2021
When you sleep your way to the top, you can be a millionaire at 12 (if you have the right physique)

175 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by dawnomike(m): 6:59pm On Apr 24, 2021
The poster above me is pathetic... He/she needs Deliverance from his mindset.

147 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 24, 2021
You became a millionaire doing what?
Nigeria journalist don't know how to ask questions, they just ask random questions.
If it was an intelligent person asking her questions, she will be ask to tell the world what she was doing that made her a millionaire at the age of 18.

Because i know that in the western world, every young millionaire In Europe or America has what he or she is doing that has turned them into a millionaire at a very young age. But NIGERIA is so different, you see a young rich guy or lady and you can't tell the job or business he or she does that has brought about the money and cars.

249 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Beckysexy(f): 9:10pm On Apr 24, 2021
Started working at the age of 15 and became a millionaire at the age of 18 in the 90s.
OK.

200 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by dangotesmummy: 9:28pm On Apr 24, 2021
Bitter and pained people everywhere

They just can't stand seeing a woman being financially successful and stable

30 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by NwaAmaikpe: 9:43pm On Apr 24, 2021
shocked

Hanty millionaire.
No disrespect, but that is VERY less than likely.
At 18, you were relatively just a nobody who had just been fortunate enough to have been picked to feature in Violated Mortal Inheritance because you looked sickly skinny enough to play the role of a sickle cell patient.

Video clubs rented out Mortal Inheritance VHS cassettes at 5Naira per day, while it cost 50naira to buy the same movie!
So can you tell me how you were a millionaire at 18?
How?

Movie roles at the time cost about 20thousand
to 40thousand naira and that was for lead actors like Liz Benson, Teco Benson, Ramsey Noah, Olu Jacobs and Regina Askia.
Genevieve began entering that class and all she got was envy.

But what if NwaAmaikpe is wrong and you truly were a millionaire at 18, shouldn't you be ashamed that at almost 50, no one or verrrrry few people outside your immediate family can say you lifted them to their peak?

How has your millions impacted the lives of the people you are trying to motivate with this fable?
How many scholarships are in your name?
Asides clout chasing, how many hospital bills in the South East, South West and South South have been taken care of courtesy of you?

If you are a thrillionaire, you are an imaginary thrillionaire in your own pocket.
People like this should go and ask Akon what it means to be successful or rich. It's useless if it benefits no one but you.

While the ignorant hail you, people like myself in my insanest state will not recommend you as a distant role model to anyone.

329 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Adedotguy: 9:44pm On Apr 24, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Mysheperd(m): 9:44pm On Apr 24, 2021
Hmm hard work pays

3 Likes

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by kendrick93(m): 9:44pm On Apr 24, 2021
sad
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by ZendayaColeman(f): 9:44pm On Apr 24, 2021
Ammishaddai:
When you sleep your way to the top, you can be a millionaire at 12 (if you have the right physique)

TRASH

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by inoki247: 9:45pm On Apr 24, 2021
Welcome Motivational Speaker....

17 Likes

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by wunmi590(m): 9:45pm On Apr 24, 2021
Is possible
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Gob90: 9:45pm On Apr 24, 2021
And so?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by BigYash: 9:45pm On Apr 24, 2021
Mysheperd:
Hmm hard work pays
Where she work before 18 or did she win lottery?

29 Likes

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Premiumwriter: 9:45pm On Apr 24, 2021
It's not bitterness or hatred to ask how a person made the money they had.

If you must tell us how much you are worth, then you owe it to tell us how you got it.

Again it's not bitterness or hatred to know how a person made his/her wealth.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Bornsinner7: 9:46pm On Apr 24, 2021
ok show us the way..

5 Likes

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by kuntash: 9:46pm On Apr 24, 2021
And this comment has reduced the killings across the country abi?

9 Likes

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by emmabest2000(m): 9:46pm On Apr 24, 2021
Ammishaddai:

Some nairalanders and their way of staying in a corner of their one room and keep assuming nonsense grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by ScamHunter: 9:46pm On Apr 24, 2021
Is it in naira or USD? There are millionaires and there are millionaires...
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by NwaNimo1(m): 9:46pm On Apr 24, 2021
$2000 na millionaire these days....

[img]https://media./images/14016262b3292a323e3cf42fcde225b6/tenor.gif[/img]

23 Likes

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Ammishaddai: 9:47pm On Apr 24, 2021
ZendayaColeman:

TRASH
I don't expect people like you to understand

9 Likes

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by GreenWire(m): 9:47pm On Apr 24, 2021
nah so she no lie sha.. I pity those that give girl belle and later marry that girl

2 Likes

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Samakus(m): 9:47pm On Apr 24, 2021
dangotesmummy:
Bitter and pained people everywhere

They just can't stand seeing a woman being financially successful and stable

This comment here, is why Africa is and will continue to be backward.

One is allowed to brag about accumulating wealth without any verifiable means of livelihood and nobody dares question how the money came about, lest you're termed 'Bitter and pained'.

Ndo nu

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Prodigee: 9:47pm On Apr 24, 2021
ScamHunter:
Oga millionaire na millionaire whichever currency!

5 Likes

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Felixalex(m): 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2021
Congratulations
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by SQLmastar(m): 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2021
I believe her die!
We both featured in her waka pass role at age 15. I was her classmate in the movie "stillness" . She was paid $450 for the role.
So it's possible she was a millionaire at age 18.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Felixalex(m): 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2021
ScamHunter:

Na in BTC
Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by ImpregnaTor(m): 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2021
I'm not surprised cause i was a millionaire too before i started walking smiley

4 Likes

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by IGoComotYaTeeth: 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2021
Mumu girl, angry we know say u open legs to get that bar

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde: I Was A Millionaire At The Age Of 18 When I Got Married by Aklee4994(m): 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2021
Something must be fishy...Even at 20s no money for account.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mercy Aigbe In UK For Medical Treatment (Photos) / Iyabo Ojo And Daughter, Priscilla In The U.S. (Photos) / Baby Sings And Chooses FEM Over Nursery Rhymes & Gets Davido To Smile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.