Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:06 PM

White Peacocks Available - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / White Peacocks Available (735 Views)

Adult Peacocks Available. / Young Peacocks For Sale / Peacocks And Ostriches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Peacocks Available by Clawfrican(f): 7:01am On Apr 25, 2021
Send a message to Clawfrican on WhatsApp for more enquiries. 09093835336

Re: White Peacocks Available by Shyluck(m): 2:10am On Apr 26, 2021
They look beautiful.
Re: White Peacocks Available by JustCruise(m): 7:15am On Apr 26, 2021
They are really beautiful sir but if i may ask what agricultural value do they have?

NB: this is not an insult.
Re: White Peacocks Available by Clawfrican(f): 6:35pm On Jun 07, 2021
JustCruise:
They are really beautiful sir but if i may ask what agricultural value do they have?

NB: this is not an insult.
Lol. I understand you

For agricultural benefits, one reason to raise Peafowl is for their eggs. Peahen eggs are about 3 times as large as chicken eggs. They taste more or less the same as chicken eggs but with a bit of a gamier flavor and texture.

And their meat – It has a taste and texture similar to chicken but more flavorful and aromatic.

In addition, peafowl consume a variety of insects, as well as snakes, amphibians and rodents. So some people use them to help keep pest populations under control.

But of course beauty is the common reason to raise them. Raise a few peafowls, and you’re practically guaranteed to have the most beautiful lawn on the block! Your neighbors will definitely be asking questions about these gorgeous new additions to the street and town.
Re: White Peacocks Available by Clawfrican(f): 6:41pm On Jun 07, 2021
Check our IG page for more videos and photos on our stories and feeds.

https://instagram.com/clawfrican?utm_medium=copy_link

And don't forget to like and hit the follow button after seeing what you like. wink
Re: White Peacocks Available by xreal: 9:24pm On Jun 07, 2021
I know peacock's beauty is appreciated when they spread their wings(I don't know what that act is called); but these ones....everything go just white without those colour varieties and beauty. Am I right?
Re: White Peacocks Available by Clawfrican(f): 8:58pm On Jun 08, 2021
xreal:
I know peacock's beauty is appreciated when they spread their wings(I don't know what that act is called); but these ones....everything go just white without those colour varieties and beauty. Am I right?
You're right. Nothing as magnificent than when a peacock shows off.
The act itself is known as FANNING. And those feathers (the long-tailed) are called a TRAIN. So when a peacock fans out and shakes them, its called TRAIN RATTLING.
And they do that either for show off (they're very proud creatures cheesy) or to attract a mate. So you can tell that fanning is done my males, majorly. As they are the ones with that are long-tailed.

I didn't quite get the second part,chief. Do you mind reiterating
Re: White Peacocks Available by xreal: 10:36pm On Jun 08, 2021
Clawfrican:

You're right. Nothing as magnificent than when a peacock shows off.
The act itself is known as FANNING. And those feathers (the long-tailed) are called a TRAIN. So when a peacock fans out and shakes them, its called TRAIN RATTLING.
And they do that either for show off (they're very proud creatures cheesy) or to attract a mate. So you can tell that fanning is done my males, majorly. As they are the ones with that are long-tailed.

I didn't quite get the second part,chief. Do you mind reiterating

Thanks for educating me on that.

I meant that during fanning, these white ones wouldn't be as beautiful as the ususal or common ones that aren't all white.
Re: White Peacocks Available by Clawfrican(f): 11:29pm On Jun 12, 2021
xreal:

Thanks for educating me on that.

I meant that during fanning, these white ones wouldn't be as beautiful as the usual or common ones that aren't all white.
You're welcome.

Yh, you can say that again.

(1) (Reply)

Ministry Of Agriculture / Rare Opprtunity In The World Of Agriculture! / Buy 20 Big Broilers In Jos For Just 2000 Naira Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.