Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,905 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? (43028 Views)

Truck Driving School / "Earning N50M Annually In Nigeria But Considered Poor In Developed Countries" / How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Calitoscassius(m): 6:39pm On Jul 30, 2021
I drive trucks across and around Europe, from london to, Romania, Brussels, France, Holand, Poland, Scotland, Germany, Dublin and back to Dover. Delivering wines and fruits.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Bluffly: 6:39pm On Jul 30, 2021
boykas:
Sure, but not all... Even when the truck is empty accident may still occur..

My comment is not about accident happening which is an umbrella for Ill events. Overloading increases the travelling distance of the brake and the rate at which they overlaod exceeds 20% of the recommended load

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by IQUIT(m): 6:41pm On Jul 30, 2021
antimason:
first of all you would have to have all the time in the world to learn it as you would have to be going to travel with your master (as the drive who is teaching you would be called by you), in most places its free to learn but recently some drivers have started collecting acceptance fees citing the laxity of supposed learners(also referred as conductors), you can master it from like 6months to unlimited years depending on your zeal and will,and also depending on the master, how willing is he to rush you in attaining the skill .
it took me 2 weeks to learn how to drive a MAN commander truck, I love the gear beating sound and air sound it makes when switching gears.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by EmmanuelBanks: 6:54pm On Jul 30, 2021
Leun:
Yes, in fact I drive only in Euro Truck Simulator and see what I caused.

wow, is that a video game or phone game...and pls what's the name of the game so I can check

thanks....
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by IQUIT(m): 6:54pm On Jul 30, 2021
gunnersway:
I used to be fascinated by trucks but not anymore. Not since I started seeing how the kind of trucks been used to convey containers look so awful, scary and very difficult a job to do. One incident like that, a truck conductor will jump down at every braking to put wedge to help slow the very old scary faced truck. The driver was just bare bodied and dragged the steering like it was in war front with sweats all over his body. I don’t think I have ever seen a truck with functioning air conditioner. It’s like everything stress and suffering is associated with truck driving.
you never jam better trucks oga,trucks dey with ac, come my creek I go show you.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Leun: 7:09pm On Jul 30, 2021
EmmanuelBanks:

wow, is that a video game or phone game...and pls what's the name of the game so I can check

thanks....

It's a video game called Euro Truck Simulator ETS for short. Its video game for Windows/Ps/Xbox

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Gfskw: 7:13pm On Jul 30, 2021
No
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Fantazy(m): 7:33pm On Jul 30, 2021
I will be starting my driving training (not truck) in two weeks time.
What advice do you have for me please?
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by softRay(m): 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2021
ndidigood:
the pay is very good
But m sorry
U didn't meet d requirement
Daz y m sceptical about helping them find someone .
What are the requirements please?
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Tonyx5(m): 7:39pm On Jul 30, 2021
Chijeep:
grin
You better don't learn it...that's the work of the 1st devil(Tempting you to go and learn how to drive truck).
The 2nd Devil will trick you into apply for Dangote job while the 3rd devil will teach you how to drive recklessly that will make to go and jam innocent citizens.
MY FRIEND, FLEE FROM THE DEVIL OOO
Breathe nigga
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Tonyx5(m): 7:42pm On Jul 30, 2021
gunnersway:
I used to be fascinated by trucks but not anymore. Not since I started seeing how the kind of trucks been used to convey containers look so awful, scary and very difficult a job to do. One incident like that, a truck conductor will jump down at every braking to put wedge to help slow the very old scary faced truck. The driver was just bare bodied and dragged the steering like it was in war front with sweats all over his body. I don’t think I have ever seen a truck with functioning air conditioner. It’s like everything stress and suffering is associated with truck driving.
Guy wtf you just defined truck and trucking in 9ja

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Richdee1(m): 7:57pm On Jul 30, 2021
Calitoscassius:
I drive trucks across and around Europe, from london to, Romania, Brussels, France, Holand, Poland, Scotland, Germany, Dublin and back to Dover. Delivering wines and fruits.

Open a thread on travel section and documents your daily activities. I know it's not easy, lets learn what's the way andhow to become one

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Obyangel: 8:03pm On Jul 30, 2021
boykas:

from maintenance sir,

there are two sources trucks gain their brake.

1, from air i.e the air must be fill up the bar before moving to avoid stories.
2. from the pad, which all cars and trucks used, but recent trucks used both. that both the pad and the air...

Some use pad ( front) and break lining at bad. It's a good work, especially if you love traveling but I quit years back. My favorite truck is scania
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by dangoteinlaw: 8:09pm On Jul 30, 2021
Cholls:
My brother truck driving job dey pay ooo
but very very very risky. Op is trying to make it look glamorous but from my experience I won't wish my enemy truck driving. God forbid u jam someone. What happened at igando 2years agao when a truck killed a vulvanizer. The driver nearly got lunched.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Shellsploit: 8:21pm On Jul 30, 2021
Leun:

Oh lord, do you play any game online? But its cracked how you still play online?

No, its a cracked version "steam"
I dont play online, its offline
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by antimason(m): 8:35pm On Jul 30, 2021
Please don't be offended this is coming late. I have been having issues logging into my nairaland account. For those of you who are drivers of cars willing to learn truck driving, with diligence it should be quite easy except of course the reverse which is another thing entirely but can still be mastered with concentration and practise. For those without prior driving experiences if you are lucky to meet a driver who is willing in his heart to teach you quick and on your own part total submission in learning then under 6month you should be rounding up. It's not something out of this world difficult. My WhatsApp number incase 09159717502
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by antimason(m): 8:44pm On Jul 30, 2021
NawtyC001:

Bros nor vex this is coming late.reach me on this let's talk 08059790723

After finishing school, I have been looking for way to source means.
I read Education in school butbit difficult finding a school to teach that can pay up to #15k.

Now I'm independent, no parent care no means of surviving, the only option I have now is to go and learn yahoo.I have never considered the truck driving job.But I'm now interested. I don't know if you can assist me to learn it,and I want to be certain if I can get a job immediately I'm done learning. so I'm ready to come to learn or be your conductor.

it's better than scamming or begging online.
But na money to dey feed be issue now,if you go fit do am,make I carry my Kaya dey come like this.
life no kukuma fair oo
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by ibinaboonline: 8:57pm On Jul 30, 2021
How and where did you learn and get the truck driving certification?
antimason:
hello guys, I am Abdulkabir from Edo state, my journey into the world of trucks came about after a misfortune I faced, at one time I was a student in Uniben department of Animal science under Agricultural faculty, I left school without differing the admission to travel abroad, An Ill fated trip that got me touring the airport in Turkey waiting for my transit flight to Ukraine.

I later got deported from turkey for fake visa and all my attempts to reintegrate into school proved abortive. hence I was left with either retrying to gain admission or find a way to fend for myself, so having decided to learn a vocation, I was interested in learning computer programming but funds was not available so I had to learn something more cost effective, other handy works I could learn required a certain capital and I was dead broke as I had been abandoned by my father who was my sole sponsor.

so I had to look for a skill to learn, still be earning while learning and have a greater prospect of meeting up with living standards at its culmination.
Now I am a certified truck driver currently employed by Ardova plc.

DM me with your questions in anything related with trucks.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by antimason(m): 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2021
arthurwillia:
Do you guys earn well in Nigeria? Antimason
...we are trying ooo. Atleast above 150k monthly
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by antimason(m): 9:09pm On Jul 30, 2021
Ravenna:

The op failed to highlight many things involved.
He must be a rookie in the trucking industry.

In trucking, it's either you're a light duty driver or a heavy duty driver.

I doubt the OP making a pass at Dangote Transport driving test cos its a different thing driving ten tyre/mini trucks compared to heavy duty 22 tyre trucks.
Some driver move tomatoes, animals and foodstuffs while other move biscuits but for you to truck 45 tons of cement or Fuel/gas day in day out is on another level.

Drivers get grade.
bros na intro oo everything can't be said at the first instance. That's why there's room for questions
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by antimason(m): 9:12pm On Jul 30, 2021
eeithis:
because there's 97% chances that they wouldn't return from that journey..... Truck risky pass bike sef
lol.97% risky. Chaiii 99% risky Nigerians with their 100% risky comments

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by antimason(m): 9:15pm On Jul 30, 2021
mrkings84:
Sir pls how many innocent lives have you killed since you started driving trucks?
your perception is sick sir. You should be human first before trying to be a comedian

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by antimason(m): 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2021
Uchenna23:

How can I reach you?
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by antimason(m): 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2021
anigbajumo:

Oga 3_6 months is too small for someone to drive truck except if it's just all these small small lorry. Driving for a long distance journey is all about how to drive.

Will u teach them how to handle tools in case of emergency...
Wat of strange sign while driving, that may not happen to ur truck within that short time interval.....
Wat of Minor electrical work that u will put him through on dashboard if there's any....
There are so many minor mechanical work that he will av to knw and some technique while driving up the hills,sloapy places and even check point.

If u are to teach someone how to drive, u need time for him not during that time frame. It's too small except if it's light goods for short distance journey.
there is no way you can explain all these on a forum. That's why you encourage them first and after they learn everything there is to learn.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Ochibaisik(m): 9:33pm On Jul 30, 2021
antimason:
hello guys, I am Abdulkabir from Edo state, my journey into the world of trucks came about after a misfortune I faced, at one time I was a student in Uniben department of Animal science under Agricultural faculty, I left school without differing the admission to travel abroad, An Ill fated trip that got me touring the airport in Turkey waiting for my transit flight to Ukraine.

I later got deported from turkey for fake visa and all my attempts to reintegrate into school proved abortive. hence I was left with either retrying to gain admission or find a way to fend for myself, so having decided to learn a vocation, I was interested in learning computer programming but funds was not available so I had to learn something more cost effective, other handy works I could learn required a certain capital and I was dead broke as I had been abandoned by my father who was my sole sponsor.

so I had to look for a skill to learn, still be earning while learning and have a greater prospect of meeting up with living standards at its culmination.
Now I am a certified truck driver currently employed by Ardova plc.

DM me with your questions in anything related with trucks.

Pls what do I need to be a truck driver
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by antimason(m): 9:36pm On Jul 30, 2021
Tarzan360:
Bro it's all about mindset, Lagos to jos to onitsha- Abuja then back to lag in two weeks and continue Lagos to Kano to Aba - ilorin then Lagos. You can make it in 3 if you have driving experience and you are the types that drive cars without fear, we have novice conductors that are doing well and driving empty trailers from kaduna to Lagos in 3 months and we still have Yahoo conductors that have been following trucks for 2 year's without knowing gear selector. So is all about mindset
thank you bros abeg help me tell them
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by antimason(m): 9:38pm On Jul 30, 2021
TATALoAlaMu:
@antimason have you joined the Petroleum Tanker Drivers union? Lots of benefits and can you create a link or bridge to buy products from the Depot I work ?
ERM I only have their union card. I only load and go on offloading I don't have any single idea about the depot practices.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by antimason(m): 9:41pm On Jul 30, 2021
boykas:
Who will now take us there, have been willing to travel abroad to drive a truck.. I can negotiate my salary with my sponsored... Am serious about it..

bros since I Googled the earnings of an average truck driver in the US. Naija job just tire me. I am currently trying to save massively before looking for a way to get there. Even as a certified truck driver in naija you would still be expected to go to their truck driving schools for certification. America wan burst my brain aswear. Cool and easy cash

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by antimason(m): 9:43pm On Jul 30, 2021
breathelove:
Did you know that there is a shortage of truck drivers in USA, UK and Canada?
Did you know that you could easily get a visa to work in Canada as a truck driver?
Trust me, this is one of the easiest ways to relocate to canada
tell me more plssss. Are you currently there? How sure are you on what you just said or is it mere hear say. Waiting earnestly for your reply

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by antimason(m): 9:46pm On Jul 30, 2021
[img][/img][img][/img]
EbizNazy:
How did u get certified. Who issues the certificate
bros no professional body for that in naija oo. Just hook up with an existing driver and if you don't have a valid driver's license you get it at your perfection of learning.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by breathelove(f): 9:48pm On Jul 30, 2021
antimason:
tell me more plssss. Are you currently there? How sure are you on what you just said or is it mere hear say. Waiting earnestly for your reply
Actually, you don't need to depend on what I say, do some research.
Now Canada gives work visas in areas where there is shortage of skill..
There is a process and many Africans are going to Canada each year except that they are yet to discover trucking as about the easiest way.
Also, truck mechanics would do super great there.
But remember, having the right certificate is key.
Do more research and find out the needful.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by emmyN(m): 9:50pm On Jul 30, 2021
Sheriman:

How do I get to US please

You will enter plane o, abi you one trek?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Female Soldier Shares Photos Of Her Experience At The Nigerian Army Depot. / In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers / Welder Omoniye Lesley Faith Celebrates Her Birthday With Cute Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.