Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? (43043 Views)

Truck Driving School / "Earning N50M Annually In Nigeria But Considered Poor In Developed Countries" / How Much Money Do You Have To Make Monthly To Be Considered Rich In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by antimason(m): 8:36pm On Aug 02, 2021
mrkings84:

Congrats then if as a truck driver in Nigeria u haven't crushed someone dead in ur entire career.....
hmmm na wa o.with this response abeg I rest my case jare.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Leun: 9:16am On Aug 03, 2021
olatunjithomas:

Pls, what version of eurotruck stimulator is this? I would like to download it.

ETS 2.8.1 I think.

The update has iberia
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by olatunjithomas(m): 12:57pm On Aug 03, 2021
Leun:

ETS 2.8.1 I think.

The update has iberia
Thanks Bro

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by mrkings84(m): 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2021
antimason:
hmmm na wa o.with this response abeg I rest my case jare.

Yes oh my brother.... It's as serious as that
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by martiscore: 2:06pm On Aug 09, 2021
I’ve been truck driver for 11 years already and I want to say that driving a truck is not as hard as it seems to be. The problem is that most of the truck drivers are drunkers, whiners or idiots. So you have to realize that it is a big trouble because they have pretty responsible job and many accidents can happen. The truck can fall and destroy all the stuff contained. Moreover, car accidents can happen and innocent people would die. But if you don’t drink and you are responsible enough – I highly recommend you to check out the best factoring companies for trucking: https://factorforyou.com/trucking-factoring-companies/. They have a highly specialized understanding of the trucking world and are there to keep your business moving forward. To keep your fleet going fuel, repairs, vehicle leases, and other expenses are a weekly concern when freight is constantly on the move.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by OdogwuEkeke(m): 8:26pm On Sep 25, 2021
Scarcity of truck drivers dey Uk oooh

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/57810729.amp

Don’t dull. Whose going to teach me like this make I use am pay tuition
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by antimason(m): 10:26pm On Sep 28, 2021
Calitoscassius:
Demand for Truckers are are high all over the world not just Canada and America. But if your heart is set for The US and Canada go for it!
please sir is the news that the UK are inviting truck drivers down to uk with temporary visas because of excessive shortage of work force... I have heard it from two sources today.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Calitoscassius(m): 7:33am On Sep 29, 2021
antimason:
please sir is the news that the UK are inviting truck drivers down to uk with temporary visas because of excessive shortage of work force... I have heard it from two sources today.
Really? I haven't heard such news, but it might be true, if it is then it might be drivers from the EU i would think. I will inquire more, if it is true try and apply for the job.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by aynana2000: 10:39am On Sep 29, 2021
The good news is your can contact www.thetruckademy.com for truck training in 1 month. They are based in Sango-Ota. Check out there Facebook, blog , twitter or Linkdin page @truckademy or call-0909 237 2617. Take advantage of the Uk truck drivers scarcity.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by antimason(m): 9:01pm On Sep 29, 2021
Calitoscassius:
Really? I haven't heard such news, but it might be true, if it is then it might be drivers from the EU i would think. I will inquire more, if it is true try and apply for the job.
please do help me and inquire, as I was told it's 3month working visas to offset the shortage for rest of the year. But I am suspecting the same EU specs you mentioned. Thanks anyways

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by JaySambo: 11:16am On Sep 30, 2021
OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE FOR TRUCK DRIVERS IN CANADA, NIGERIA, DUBAI, UK AND US.

If you are looking for international truck driving jobs then Canada is a pretty good bet at the moment, particularly for long-haul truck drivers. Although the trucking industry has been hit by COVID-19. Canada is working an impressive results soon. Canada plans to welcome 1 million newcomers to Canada by 2022 despite the restrictions caused by COVID.
Experienced truck drivers needed 50,000 - 60,000 per month in Nigeria, Uk, out of the 15,000 truck driving jobs available, 426 are new. UK offers thousands of visas to foreign truckers to reduce shortage of truckers and In Dubai September, 2021. Opportunities available were 146 and heavy truck driving is expected to increase by 15.2 percent or 24,400 jobs between 2018 & 2021.

whether you are considering your career options for the first time, looking to switch to a new career, or planning on relocating abroad; here are some key benefits of being a commercial truck driver;

1. Job security
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects a 5% average employment growth rate over the next 10 years. Thus, one can say that, in the near future, truck drivers will continue to be in demand.

2. The Salary is Steady
As a professional truck driver the fact is, you will benefit from the amazing salary levels. For instance, the average truck-driving salary is $50,000. Talk about a great incentive to start a new career.

3. Freedom
As a truck driver, freedom is one of your most valued benefits in the ability to “be your own boss.” Unlike having someone you report to who is always watching and nagging over your performance. Your office is the road.

4. Travel
Perhaps the greatest benefit of all is the ability to travel all over the country and see new sights. Outside the great pay and bonuses, there are many trucking agencies which offer great benefits. which usually include health care, life insurance or even retirement plans. There's also time-off for holidays and vacations.

For more info please contact us @Equilogroup.com
Call or WhatsApp 07030406820 or 08108547055

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by felixzo1(m): 6:30pm On Sep 30, 2021
fraudsters don land. preparing to scam people.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by chizyrex(m): 5:58pm On Oct 21, 2021
Pls if anyone has a link to trucking school, kindly share. I drive manual cars perfectly.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by NGRide: 6:42pm On Oct 24, 2021
Hello
Osamede here.
We run a for-profit haulage brand (NG-Ride) with a social impact focus.
We love your story and would love to discuss an opportunity with you.
Email bookings@ngride.com to discuss this further.
Looking forward to your response.
Cheers.
logistics.ngride.com
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by NGRide: 8:43am On Oct 25, 2021
Jumpjambers:
pls if there a job openin fora a truck mechanic pls help out, really need a job

Please DM us on IG @ngride_rentals. We just may have an opening for you.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by antimason(m): 10:06pm On Nov 02, 2021
Ravenna:

The op failed to highlight many things involved.
He must be a rookie in the trucking industry.

In trucking, it's either you're a light duty driver or a heavy duty driver.

I doubt the OP making a pass at Dangote Transport driving test cos its a different thing driving ten tyre/mini trucks compared to heavy duty 22 tyre trucks.
Some driver move tomatoes, animals and foodstuffs while other move biscuits but for you to truck 45 tons of cement or Fuel/gas day in day out is on another level.

Drivers get grade.
drivers get grade? You are just on the path to scare these already stricken guys about articulated trucks. If driving the 22 tires you mentioned is making you feel like a well elevated truck lord remember it's someone that manufactured them. As far as I know a tipper driver that can drive a manual 10-20 tons can also drive your almighty 40-60 tons. Abi is the difference not the swift withdrawals of speed,heavy feel to the steering control,directing the long body into corners and reverse? People self learn reverse by themselves. My boss who taught me truck driving taught himself MACK trucks and reverse. The man after spending months in hunger couldn't bear it any longer and accepted to drive a Mack articulated truck when all his experience was limited to short tipper.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by CrownWale93(m): 10:10am On Nov 04, 2021
Hello, i message you on WhatsApp.. I need Truck haulage Lead. Very urgent +2348135102690
boykas:
am a truck driver too, I drive for one of the multinational breweries company in Nigeria, have drive tata, man diesel, Volvo and currently driving mistubishi fuso..

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by boykas(m): 2:33am On Nov 07, 2021
CrownWale93:
Hello, i message you on WhatsApp.. I need Truck haulage Lead. Very urgent +2348135102690

Ok.. I will reply back
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Jedidiahadeniyi(m): 5:16pm On Nov 10, 2021
Please I need contact to a reliable truck driving school in Lagos. 18 wheeler precisely.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by kaymart: 5:09pm On Nov 11, 2021
antimason:
ehn no wonder na. When I said hammering I was already calculating the pay converted to naira. Working for like just 3years and I would retire come back and open a multinational company oo. I want to work first and save money. But can't you serve as someone I know when the time comes? We where brought up and taught to fend for ourselves. I have one uncle in germany who was sponsored there by my dad. After I returned from turkey and he heard he was virtually laughing at me and my dad that he has always been telling us that travelling to abroad is not easy but I do see it common among siblings helping each other out. Na so the man matter tire me. I want to prove to him than anyone can choose his or her own destiny. I would surely land there by God's grace.
Hello, bro

I was following ur comments and others on this thread.
A friend is talking about Belarus...
Can u share Ur ordeal about the Turkey experience
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by antimason(m): 10:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
kaymart:

Hello, bro

I was following ur comments and others on this thread.
A friend is talking about Belarus...
Can u share Ur ordeal about the Turkey experience
why not? I was to resume my 3year studies in school but I refused instead I went to stay with my dad in Ekiti so that I could process my document. The first red flag was when I was told it would be a non appearance visa(not appearing at the embassy),I relayed my fears to my dad and his response was that I kept my doubts to myself. The second red flag was when the visa came out and it was a five year visa with all ready made employment to one construction company in moldova, so I quickly googled it but met no company with such name,the same sequence with my dad occurred like the first do I kept mute. The D-Day for departure came and I was very excited, I travelled down from Ekiti to lagos expecting to move from MM lagos airport but I was told I would have to move through cotonou! I nudged my dad to atleast argue the departure airport with them but he still declined. It was later after I have been deported and having faced lots of hardship that I discovered they(the visa agents) chose cotonou because their bribery money was far cheaper than that of lagos. They bribed those cotonou airport officials to overlook my visa so that I would be allowed to board the plane. But when I got to turkey via ata-turk airport I was suppose to transit to ukraine through another flight,that was when the unbribable "oyinbo" in charge raised the alarm that my visa was fake. So I was deported same day got to Nigeria the next day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by felixzo1(m): 5:26am On Nov 12, 2021
antimason:
why not? I was to resume my 3year studies in school but I refused instead I went to stay with my dad in Ekiti so that I could process my document. The first red flag was when I was told it would be a non appearance visa(not appearing at the embassy),I relayed my fears to my dad and his response was that I kept my doubts to myself. The second red flag was when the visa came out and it was a five year visa with all ready made employment to one construction company in moldova, so I quickly googled it but met no company with such name,the same sequence with my dad occurred like the first do I kept mute. The D-Day for departure came and I was very excited, I travelled down from Ekiti to lagos expecting to move from MM lagos airport but I was told I would have to move through cotonou! I nudged my dad to atleast argue the departure airport with them but he still declined. It was later after I have been deported and having faced lots of hardship that I discovered they(the visa agents) chose cotonou because their bribery money was far cheaper than that of lagos. They bribed those cotonou airport officials to overlook my visa so that I would be allowed to board the plane. But when I got to turkey via ata-turk airport I was suppose to transit to ukraine through another flight,that was when the unbribable "oyinbo" in charge raised the alarm that my visa was fake. So I was deported same day got to Nigeria the next day.
peope are wicked, I wonder how some people sleep at night. Or probably their conscience is dead. We humans treat ourselves worst, even animals do better

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by kaymart: 7:27am On Nov 12, 2021
antimason:
Oh my God...
Sorry....

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by antimason(m): 2:24am On Dec 01, 2021
felixzo1:
peope are wicked, I wonder how some people sleep at night. Or probably their conscience is dead. We humans treat ourselves worst, even animals do better
is it today?? As Nigerians no matter what we face the idea is to quickly pick ourselves up. The hardship in the country is making people break barriers when it comes to demeaning actions towards their other persons. Something that shouldn't be the case.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by abiodunjonah: 7:43am On Dec 02, 2021
antimason:
they gave you fake visa and you didn't arrest him?
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by Thazard(m): 3:34am On Dec 17, 2021
Interesting
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by NGRide: 10:00am On Jan 17, 2022
JOB TITLE – Professional Truck Driver

JOB DESCRIPTION

Medessy Enterprises Limited is a transportation solution provider situated in Lagos, Nigeria and we are looking for experienced and motivated truck drivers to join our company. As a Truck Driver, you will be responsible for delivering clients orders for our logistics department in a safe, reliable and timely manner.

Duties and Responsibilities

• Transport finished goods and raw materials strictly for our clients
• Daily inspection of vehicle to ensure vehicle is in optimum condition and is safe to operate. Also, to report defects, accidents or violations.
• Ensure all vehicle registration documents are in place at all times and are renewed before expiration.
• Plan best route options to ensure you meet delivery schedules
• Ensure that vehicles are driven safely so as not to endanger yourself as well as other road users.
• Comply with all set rules and regulations
• Ensure that vehicles are always clean and neat
• Drivers and assistants should always accurately represent the company by being on their best behavior.
• Drivers and assistant must ensure personal hygiene at all time and must not present looks that will be offensive to our customers.
• Ensure you have an assistant (motor boy) at all times while on the job.

Relevant Skills

• Team player with good communication skills
• Adaptable and willing to learn new ways of operating
• Deep sense of honesty and integrity
• Good organization and planning skills
• Entrepreneurial and commercial awareness

Truck Driver Requirements and Qualifications

• Minimum of Senior School Certificate
• Should be above 30 years
• Valid and current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) – category G
• Minimum of 3 years professional truck/trailer driving experience
• Must have a clean driving track record with no violations
• Proficient at driving, maneuvering, and parking large articulated vehicles
• Physically fit and able to sit for long hours
• Personnel must be of a sound mind and not addicted to drugs or alcohol. Drug or alcohol usage is completely prohibited.
• Sound knowledge of truck/trailers so you can perform minor maintenance work and give accurate on the spot assessment on vehicle performance when required.
• Candidate should be dependable, hardworking and an effective communicator
• Able to work extended hours, weekends and holidays as needed

Salary – Attractive plus annual no accident bonus.

Interested? Please send CV to hr@medessy.com
Re: Have You Ever Considered Learning Truck Driving? by yenboy(m): 8:38am On Jan 24, 2022
Jedidiahadeniyi:
Please I need contact to a reliable truck driving school in Lagos. 18 wheeler precisely.

Greetings sir,

Any luck with the he information?? If yes kindly share please .

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Female Soldier Shares Photos Of Her Experience At The Nigerian Army Depot. / In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers / Welder Omoniye Lesley Faith Celebrates Her Birthday With Cute Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.