Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge (51208 Views)

SUV Of Missing Mum And Two Kids Pulled From River After 20years In U.S.(Pics) / Akwa Ibom Green River At Ikot Akpa, Ibesikpo (Pictures, Video) / Loko Oweto Bridge, Benue River At Night. Very Beautiful... (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:56am On Apr 26, 2021
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by Brunicekid(m): 12:16pm On Apr 26, 2021
THIS IS THE REAL DEFINITION OF HEROISM...

I NEED NO OTHER DEFINITION FROM WIKIPEDIA.
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by NamelessOGBENI(m): 12:18pm On Apr 26, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
Wawu

3 people fell inside.
2 people were rescued.

1 person who wanted to help no come make am.
God please give us sense and Holy Spirit.
Amen
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by gowonmaharajah(m): 12:25pm On Apr 26, 2021
davodyguy:
Did the woman he was trying to save also survive?

The coastguard and marine police patrols raced to the scene and were able to rescue the woman and one of the men who jumped in to rescue her.
However, Mr Olubunmi-Adewole could not be found.
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by Codes151(m): 12:27pm On Apr 26, 2021
Could he swim?
If he couldn't.
Was that a safe choice?

He's tagged a hero but for how long?
He lost his life, what that a safe choice?
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by 1Sharon(f): 12:44pm On Apr 26, 2021
obailala:

One thing I know for sure is, there's absolutely no way in the world he would have jumped into that river if he didnt know how to swim. But something a lot of people sadly do not know is that being able to swim is totally different from being able to save a drowning person. Saving a drowning person requires a whole different level of skill and experience.

This is actually a very sad story to hear, RIP to him.

The woman was suicidal, she didn't fall.
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 26, 2021
Let everyone insulting this guy think.

You say he was stupid, he was playing Rambo, he wasted his life etc. But have you stopped to think, what if the lady he was trying to save was your only daughter?

Would you have said the same?

Even his father who is mourning him says he is a hero and he is proud of him. So, why are you all crying more than the bereaved.

You all need to borrow sense.

RIP young man.

2 Likes

Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by 1Sharon(f): 12:51pm On Apr 26, 2021
Martinez39s:
The absence of the red pill just cost a simp his life. Would he have risked his life for his fellow male? Any man who puts himself first, as the red pill commands, will not jump in and risk his life to save a drowning woman. What a simp! Simping/white knighting is a disorder.

Okay!

But she was suicidal, she didn't fall she jumped which makes it even worse.

She wanted to die, but he died instead.

She'll be ridden with guilt for the rest of her days
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by 1Sharon(f): 12:53pm On Apr 26, 2021
Cousin9999:
It's suspect that they were able to save the girl and other guy, but not him.

What are the races of the ones saved?

Just stop

1 Like

Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 26, 2021
how odd, the woman was stilled saved, typical afonja dude, maybe trying to have a quickie in the river with her, leave rescue work to the pros.
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by Goalnaldo(m): 1:05pm On Apr 26, 2021
When I was working in a hotel, I was cleaning an area in the pool side when one of our female colleagues fell inside. She was trying to remove some decorations. Although I don't see myself ever drowning in a swimming pool, I didn't bother to form Superman and save her. Been able to swim and saving a drowning person are two totally different thing. She was eventually rescued and was okay some days later. I use my common sense �
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by optimusprime2(m): 1:11pm On Apr 26, 2021
Originalsly:
Hmmm..... I guess he didn't know how to swim... hit something in the water and got knocked out... or got sucked down by under currents. People do spring into action in such situations without thinking of the dangers. R.I.P

Detailed Analysis, but... you left out "the village people" very crucial part of your analysis.

1 Like

Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by Osek(m): 1:52pm On Apr 26, 2021
NSNA:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/tributes-hero-died-rescue-river-thames-b931582.html
Jimi u will be forever remembered in our hearts...
We naijas are proud of you forgetting the circumstances involved
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by Tvoice: 2:14pm On Apr 26, 2021
Una own version , way of thinking and the way una dey conclude just dey weak me for dis naira land sha , which one kon be say the guy na simp because he tried to save a life , is dis wat bandit and herdsmen has reduced u pipo to ? any way , it is well .
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 26, 2021
Georgejeez:
Simping gone wrong .

He wanted to form Mr Brave , Captain Save a hoe, white knight in shining armour so that he can later have the girl fall in love with him like he has seen in romantic movies and Zee world eg the Indian film of PIA IMPOSSIBLE..
Unfortunately he paid the ultimate price , because I doubt he knows how to swim or have any idea of saving someone who is drowning without being gripped to death by the drowning victim. Now he has plunged his family into perpetual sorrow and gnashing of teeth ,wasted his potentials just like that.

More reason I have made a vow not to help any Man or woman push his car if it fails to start ,have a bad shaft or bad tire except for a fee because no car owner especially Men will see an unknown guy trekking on the road and offer him a ride just like that but if it's a lady no matter how ugly ,he will pull up ,flash teeth and offer a ride to her ,then when the car needs pushing you will then call on the same men you will never carry to help push your car with the lady inside . ALL MAN FOR HIMSELF .

The deed is done ,he's a hero ,fine .but considering the hopes he gonna dash in his family ,he should have put on his thinking cap ,call for the professionals to come and do their job , moreover the girl had the grace to survive and keep herself afloat till proper help comes.

More reason I will never allow my sons to watch Zee world or any romantic movie ,, E de make dem behave like mumu . ThankGod for the day I took the red pill , proudly Alfa male

You obviously don't have sense.
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by Tats(m): 3:00pm On Apr 26, 2021
TarOrfeeek:
Wawu

3 people fell inside.

2 people were rescued.

1 person who wanted to help no come make am.

God please give us sense and Holy Spirit.

Try and understand the story better.

A lady fell into the river. 2 men jumped in to save her and only 2 people finally got out of the river alive.
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by openmine(m): 3:01pm On Apr 26, 2021
Georgejeez:
Simping gone wrong .

He wanted to form Mr Brave , Captain Save a hoe, white knight in shining armour so that he can later have the girl fall in love with him like he has seen in romantic movies and Zee world eg the Indian film of PIA IMPOSSIBLE..
Unfortunately he paid the ultimate price , because I doubt he knows how to swim or have any idea of saving someone who is drowning without being gripped to death by the drowning victim. Now he has plunged his family into perpetual sorrow and gnashing of teeth ,wasted his potentials just like that.

More reason I have made a vow not to help any Man or woman push his car if it fails to start ,have a bad shaft or bad tire except for a fee because no car owner especially Men will see an unknown guy trekking on the road and offer him a ride just like that but if it's a lady no matter how ugly ,he will pull up ,flash teeth and offer a ride to her ,then when the car needs pushing you will then call on the same men you will never carry to help push your car with the lady inside . ALL MAN FOR HIMSELF .

The deed is done ,he's a hero ,fine .but considering the hopes he gonna dash in his family ,he should have put on his thinking cap ,call for the professionals to come and do their job , moreover the girl had the grace to survive and keep herself afloat till proper help comes.

More reason I will never allow my sons to watch Zee world or any romantic movie ,, E de make dem behave like mumu . ThankGod for the day I took the red pill , proudly Alfa male

grin grin grin

Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by princewarri1985: 3:05pm On Apr 26, 2021
Am a professional and experienced swimmer who grew up by the river in warri here, i swear i will never take such risk, my 20 years back my uncle who is also a very good swimmer died while trying to rescue his best friend when their boat capsized, the idiot hand was still tightly held on my uncle collar even after their bodies was recovered, thats called the grip of death. I could take the risk if the person involved is my mother or my kid, i rather i try and we die together instead of living with that guilt for the rest of my life by surviving and watching them drown. THE GUY WAS STUPID AND MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE!
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by uuzba(m): 3:10pm On Apr 26, 2021
Plead:

Stfu. If you don't value your life, I value mine. Go and throw yours away.
What is all this nonsense you are saying?
I don't even know you and you are insulting me?
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by laiperi: 5:25pm On Apr 26, 2021
Very unfortunate situation.

Most heroes jump to rescue on impulse rather than think. A drowning person is very difficult to rescue without experience no matter good a swimmer you are.

The decision to rescue is based on who to rescue first. You probably have two whites and a Black here being rescued by who? Go figure who came first before they decided on him.

princewarri1985:
Am a professional and experienced swimmer who grew up by the river in warri here, i swear i will never take such risk, my 20 years back my uncle who is also a very good swimmer died while trying to rescue his best friend when their boat capsized, the idiot hand was still tightly held on my uncle collar even after their bodies was recovered, thats called the grip of death. I could take the risk if the person involved is my mother or my kid, i rather i try and we die together instead of living with that guilt for the rest of my life by surviving and watching them drown. THE GUY WAS STUPID AND MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE!
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by DestroyEvil: 5:44pm On Apr 26, 2021
River Thames again! The ogbaje girl lured him to his death. YAHWEH save us from traps of marine agents in Jesus' Name.
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by Victoria938(f): 5:52pm On Apr 26, 2021
Kind hearted people always put others before themselves though it doesn't end well sometimes but a legacy and impression is left in the hearts of people. Rest in peace beautiful soul. May the Lord comfort your family at this time.
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by Richthekid: 5:56pm On Apr 26, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by Ayuzz007(m): 6:12pm On Apr 26, 2021
Is it too much of James Bond movies...
Dived into a whole river Thames not even daylight after midnight.
risky and May his soul R I P.
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by ayenale1(m): 6:22pm On Apr 26, 2021
The funniest thing is that the woman will be alive...
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by cejaypriesty(m): 6:53pm On Apr 26, 2021
obailala:

One thing I know for sure is, there's absolutely no way in the world he would have jumped into that river if he didnt know how to swim. But something a lot of people sadly do not know is that being able to swim is totally different from being able to save a drowning person. Saving a drowning person requires a whole different level of skill and experience.

This is actually a very sad story to hear, RIP to him.

Spot on
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by Benrosaria(m): 7:09pm On Apr 26, 2021
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by ofiko123(m): 9:23pm On Apr 26, 2021
Sad, RIP to the dead..
Re: Folajimi Olubunmi-Adewole Dies Trying To Save Woman From River At London Bridge by Raphael81(m): 6:25am On Apr 28, 2021
Dilanom9:
Visit my profile if you bet on football matches

Beware of this scammer with multiple accounts, God's judgment will hit him before the end of 2021.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dubai Denies Nigerians Under 40 Tourist Visas - Abike Dabiri / 10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know / The Difference Between North Korea And South Korea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.